Things to do with a 2 year old in february

Mikkimús

Mouseketeer
I, my fiancé and our 2 year old son are going to be in South California from January 30th to February 11th.
We will be staying in Anaheim, Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites during our time.

I am thinking about doing 2 days in Disneyland and 1 in DCA(we are on a budget, not extremely tight but you know, and I think that would allow us to see a lot and also not spend too much).

Other things I have thought about are the San Diego zoo, the aquarium in Anaheim and 1 day at a mall.
Are there some places that are a must say for either a 2 year old or two almost 30 year olds that a 2 year old would not hate in or around Anaheim?
We do have a rental car so we can travel some.

The San Diego Zoo is great . But just so you know it is a 90 minute plus drive each way to San Diego from Anaheim.

Other things I have thought about are the San Diego zoo, the aquarium in Anaheim and 1 day at a mall.
Are there some places that are a must say for either a 2 year old or two almost 30 year olds that a 2 year old would not hate in or around Anaheim?

What aquarium in Anaheim? There are basically only two major aquariums in LA/OC area - Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, and various parts of the California Science Center in Exposition Park.

http://www.aquariumofpacific.org
https://californiasciencecenter.org/exhibits/ecosystems

I really like the California Science Center because it's generally free, except for their star attraction - the Space Shuttle Endeavour or if you want to seen an IMAX movie. It's a large science/technology museum that includes aircraft and various science exhibits. It's $2 service fee (free under 4) for the timed Shuttle ticket, but waived if you pay for an IMAX movie. They also have some other special activities that cost extra, like a climbing wall. The big expense would be the parking, which was $10 the last time I visited. We visited when my kid was 2 (almost 3 however) and we had a blast.

oschin-pavilion-opening-day.jpg

It was great seeing it. And fairly close we could tell how "dirty" it got after being used for so long. I understand they couldn't really do anything to clean it up because it would have damaged the tiles.

What aquarium in Anaheim? There are basically only two major aquariums in LA/OC area - Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, and various parts of the California Science Center in Exposition Park.

http://www.aquariumofpacific.org
https://californiasciencecenter.org/exhibits/ecosystems

I really like the California Science Center because it's generally free, except for their star attraction - the Space Shuttle Endeavour or if you want to seen an IMAX movie. It's a large science/technology museum that includes aircraft and various science exhibits. It's $2 service fee (free under 4) for the timed Shuttle ticket, but waived if you pay for an IMAX movie. They also have some other special activities that cost extra, like a climbing wall. The big expense would be the parking, which was $10 the last time I visited. We visited when my kid was 2 (almost 3 however) and we had a blast.

oschin-pavilion-opening-day.jpg

It was great seeing it. And fairly close we could tell how "dirty" it got after being used for so long. I understand they couldn't really do anything to clean it up because it would have damaged the tiles.
Thank you. The Aquarium of the Pacific was the one I was talking about, somehow thought it was in Anaheim :)
The science center sounds really good and something that my partner is interested in

The SD Zoo is great if you're willing to make the drive. I took my kids many times at that age and always had fun. The Science Center is also fantastic, my kids could spend the whole day there! If you're looking for more targeted to your 2 year old, Pretend City in Irvine is great for the little ones, as is Irvine Park where they have a train ride, little zoo, etc. For malls, Irvine Spectrum has a train, carousel and ferris wheel and a good selection of stores and dining, or for higher end stores South Coast Plaza is also great to walk around and has a carousel.

At that age, DS loved Adventure City in Anaheim. He could ride most of the rides and there were minimal lines on weekdays. Maybe not as fun for adults, compared to Disneyland anyways. :)

The La Brea Tar Pits are interesting and free to visit if you don't go into the museum (which I found small anyways).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!