Things you used to hate but like now

meaty

Mouseketeer
I will start
Pepsi - when I was younger I couldn't stand the stuff but now I drink it.

I used to swear I would never drink diet soda, and now, I actually like Coke Zero. Too bad it's going away.

Music that would be more in the genre of "soft rock". I hate to say it, but my head banging days are behind me now. Not that I don't still love rock, because I do. But I would laugh at slower paced music. Not anymore. My commute is super long. After a tough day at work, sometimes it's relaxing to have that music on.

The idea of being a parent. When I was younger, I swore I'd never have kids. When I met...and married...DW I told her I didn't want kids. She always wanted them, and I held her off for years. She finally put her foot down and insisted. Now I can't understand what I was thinking...being a dad is the best thing on planet earth.

Down-time.

As a teen and young adult I hated not having my evenings and weekends filled with social activities. I was plagued by what we call FOMO today. Then as a stay-at-home-Mom I always wanted to have big projects around the house, community service and ministry work on the go so I wouldn't feel like I wasn't "contributing". Later, as my career was hitting it's zenith I always felt like I should be the one to take on the extra workload and pick up all the slack to be sure my productivity was always at it's maximum.

As I go along though and have come to embrace being an introvert, the more I cherish and protect blank days on the calendar. Days, or even just hours where there's no deadline to meet, nowhere to rush off to and nobody that needs anything from me are now a prize to be savoured!

Sadly, my tastes haven't changed, I have always liked every thing.
Well, black licorice I will eat, but not a fan.
Tried Kale....didn't like it. Which prompted 3 people to bring me samples of their "delicious" kale dishes. Nope. Still don't like it, no much you try to hide it's awful taste with outer ingredients.

Pretty much everything I eat.

I was extremely picky as a child.

Now as long as it is gluten free (I have celiac) and isn't raw onions or peppers or olives, I'll try it.

Soccer:

In high school Spanish, we had to read an article about all of the amazingness accomplished by Diego Maradoña during the 1986 World Cup. Reading this I thought three things: 1) Who the hell is Diego Maradoña? b) World Cup? What's that? IV) Why the hell should I care about any of this?

The soccer team at my school was composed of elitist white boys from wealthy families who lived at The Lake. I regarded soccer as the most insanely boring excuse for a sport that ever was. What's more, I felt like soccer apologists were trying to force it down my throat. "The rest of the world loves soccer! Why is America so obstinate about this?"

Then, in 1994, my friend, who was born & raised in the Caribbean and loved him some soccer, told me to just watch the damn World Cup already. What do you know, I loved it!

Now I'm a yuuuuuge soccer fan! #VamosOrlando

Soccer:

In high school Spanish, we had to read an article about all of the amazingness accomplished by Diego Maradoña during the 1986 World Cup. Reading this I thought three things: 1) Who the hell is Diego Maradoña? b) World Cup? What's that? IV) Why the hell should I care about any of this?

The soccer team at my school was composed of elitist white boys from wealthy families who lived at The Lake. I regarded soccer as the most insanely boring excuse for a sport that ever was. What's more, I felt like soccer apologists were trying to force it down my throat. "The rest of the world loves soccer! Why is America so obstinate about this?"

Then, in 1994, my friend, who was born & raised in the Caribbean and loved him some soccer, told me to just watch the damn World Cup already. What do you know, I loved it!

Now I'm a yuuuuuge soccer fan! #VamosOrlando

Nope, can't follow you there. Soccer, to me, is about on the same level as knitting on the 'ol excitement meter. I'm still on the side that you were "the most insanely boring excuse for a sport that ever was". Then again, I feel the same way about golf. If I ever step foot on a golf course or watch it on TV, please put me out of my misery. Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnnn

I used to swear I would never drink diet soda, and now, I actually like Coke Zero. Too bad it's going away.

I tried the new one this week, I honestly can't taste a difference. My daughter in law say she likes the new one better.

Nope, can't follow you there. Soccer, to me, is about on the same level as knitting on the 'ol excitement meter. I'm still on the side that you were "the most insanely boring excuse for a sport that ever was". Then again, I feel the same way about golf. If I ever step foot on a golf course or watch it on TV, please put me out of my misery. Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnnn

I'm not going to attempt to change your mind on this, but if I could give you an idea of where I'm coming from:

Jason (my Caribbean friend) explained it to me like this. First, each time a team gets possession of the ball, they're executing a play in the same way a (gridiron) football team does. They're looking for the right player to set up the next play, looking for clear lanes to get the ball to the best player, etc. The difference is they're doing it all on the spur of the moment. Second, don't watch the ball like you do in (gridiron) football. Instead, watch where you think the ball should be. If Clinton has the ball, look ahead and to the left of Clinton, where Bush is there to receive the ball. Once Bush has the ball, look around him - could Jefferson, Obama, or Truman receive the ball and make a shot at the goal?

Once you get into the right head space about it, it really becomes exciting!

And I'm with you on golf. The only thing more boring than playing golf is watching it on TV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter