Think you may have already had Coronavirus?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
We have been seeing new reports in the news of new symptoms like loss of taste/ smell, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea which has everyone here thinking we may have possibly had it unknowingly.

My dh and I went on a cruise Feb 5-17 that was from Miami. After we disembarked, my dh flew home to Mass. and I stayed I in FL to meet my daughter who flew in for February break. She is a teacher. At the time I mentioned to my dh that I felt like I might be getting a chest cold but ignored it since it didn’t get worse and I had no other symptoms besides feeling a little something in my chest.

My daughter and I then came home on the 21st. The following week my youngest daughter was on Spring Break and we decided to do an impromptu road trip to Florida from Massachusetts. This was around the end of Feb. and the first week of March.

We had a great time until March 5 when I woke up in Orlando violently ill with both vomiting and diarrhea. It was the sickest I could ever remember being and was nonstop for well over 24 hours. We somehow made it home a few days later and my daughter went back to school. The very next day she called me vomiting, etc.. I went and picked her up and she was violently ill for the next day. While I was picking her up my other daughter who lives at home called and said she was sick too. So the both of them were sick at the same time with one worse than the other. My dh didn’t feel great either but he literally just slept the entire next day which is unheard of for him and then he was fine. I am still feeling like I am getting a chest cold a month later. It is just a slight feeling in my chest with no other symptoms.

So the last week or so we have been at home away from people and two days ago we get a text from one of my daughters friends that she woke up throwing up with diarrhea. She has been violently ill the last two days and we havent heard if anyone else in her house has it. No one from our family has been around her in weeks because she was away at college and since came home. So we know we didn’t pass it to her.

Now we are all wondering....was it just a really bad stomach bug or this stupid virus? Is it manifesting this way now in more people? Normally I would discount it but the fact that I still feel like I’m getting a chest cold and my daughters friend has the exact same symptoms makes us wonder.

Anyone else have weird sickness or something similar lately? Wonder if we will ever know.

Needless to stay we don’t want to be sick again so we are staying home.p which is easy because we all work at schools which are closed.

Stay healthy everyone!

DH was sick in February. Low grade fever, cough, general severe cold symptoms. Came on kind of sudden-- wasn't a cold that you could tell for a day or two that you weren't feeling well before it was full blown. He even called out of work for 2 days which is unheard of for him. I mentioned to him this week I wonder if he had the virus and didn't know it.

Something went around my college kids campus in late January that had all the symptoms of the flu/Covid that wasn't the flu.

One son tested negative for the flu and spent a few days out of school at home.

The other son got it soon after and still had a wheezy cough March 6/7.

Has really made me wonder. And wish they could test to see if they've had it.

DH was sick in February. Low grade fever, cough, general severe cold symptoms. Came on kind of sudden-- wasn't a cold that you could tell for a day or two that you weren't feeling well before it was full blown. He even called out of work for 2 days which is unheard of for him. I mentioned to him this week I wonder if he had the virus and didn't know it.
I wonder if we will ever know. Maybe once they come out with a test for antibodies. In the meantime, stay healthy!

My daughter in college always has colds and she had a bad one about a month and a half ago. A few weeks ago my son at college called to tell me he had a bad cold and he never ever gets sick. I also never get colds and had a bad one about two weeks ago that I'm now just getting over. Any other time I'd just think we had regular colds but who knows. The last three days my dh has had a very slight dry cough. Never would think anything of it except now the virus is all I think about.

I have wondered about that - it's probably a little too early given the time frame we are hearing, but there was an awful respiratory illness that went through our area last December. It was the sickest I've ever been with a negative flu test. DH, kids and I all had it. It met the symptoms being given for COVID-19 : dry cough, fever, aches, exhaustion, sore throat, no congestion. Kids had it too but were over it in a couple of days. Grownups were sick for at least 2 weeks, then the cough lingered until mid-January.

It's most likely just a weird coincidence since it's too early given the timeframe for COVID, but it was just too similar to the descriptions of the virus that we're hearing not to wonder about it.

Possible but hard to tell. There is only like a 10-20% positive rate for people testing for COVID-19 so a lot of people are sick and getting tested but the vast majority don't have COVID-19. Unfortunately there are tons of ways to get sick.

Possible but hard to tell. There is only like a 10-20% positive rate for people testing for COVID-19 so a lot of people are sick and getting tested but the vast majority don't have COVID-19. Unfortunately there are tons of ways to get sick.
My county is less than 2% tested come back positive. But then they go on to say there are so few tested assume it is everywhere.

I was talking about this with some nurses at clinical before things got nuts. We were wondering how many people had that awful ”bug” this winter with the fever and coughing... It’s interesting to think about. Not to mention how many random, unnamed, viruses circulate every year.

MOST who get/got/have it never know.

Yup.

I think I may have had it.

I work in healthcare so I'm around all kinds of crap. Last month I woke up with a severe sore throat, facial pain (like a sinus infection) and a headache. Then on day 2 I woke up in the middle of the night completely drenched in sweat and had to change the sheets and my clothes (Like I did when I had the flu 3 years ago). I never took my temp but I'm assuming I had a low grade fever. The headache wouldn't go away without medication and it was a nagging headache. Then the dry cough started, which at the time I didn't know was one of the symptoms. I thought a wet cough was a symptom. I remember telling my SO "this is the weirdest dry cough I have ever had." After a week of this I went to urgent care. This is after someone at that urgent care had recently tested positive. I go in, they check me out and tell me I have the common cold. I've had a lot of colds in my life and this was like nothing I've experienced before.

They did prescribe me Flonase for my sinuses and a Zpack in case the cough turned into bronchitis which has happened to me before. I took the Zpack but it didn't do much. The flonase helped my sinuses a bit. The dry cough lasted about 3 weeks.

My coworker was also very ill (fever, headaches, coughing, fatigue, sore throat, etc) for about 3 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. She thinks she had it too. Tested negative for flu but it took her about 3 weeks to shake it.

We have been seeing new reports in the news of new symptoms like loss of taste/ smell, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea which has everyone here thinking we may have possibly had it unknowingly.

My dh and I went on a cruise Feb 5-17 that was from Miami. After we disembarked, my dh flew home to Mass. and I stayed I in FL to meet my daughter who flew in for February break. She is a teacher. At the time I mentioned to my dh that I felt like I might be getting a chest cold but ignored it since it didn’t get worse and I had no other symptoms besides feeling a little something in my chest.

My daughter and I then came home on the 21st. The following week my youngest daughter was on Spring Break and we decided to do an impromptu road trip to Florida from Massachusetts. This was around the end of Feb. and the first week of March.

We had a great time until March 5 when I woke up in Orlando violently ill with both vomiting and diarrhea. It was the sickest I could ever remember being and was nonstop for well over 24 hours. We somehow made it home a few days later and my daughter went back to school. The very next day she called me vomiting, etc.. I went and picked her up and she was violently ill for the next day. While I was picking her up my other daughter who lives at home called and said she was sick too. So the both of them were sick at the same time with one worse than the other. My dh didn’t feel great either but he literally just slept the entire next day which is unheard of for him and then he was fine. I am still feeling like I am getting a chest cold a month later. It is just a slight feeling in my chest with no other symptoms.

So the last week or so we have been at home away from people and two days ago we get a text from one of my daughters friends that she woke up throwing up with diarrhea. She has been violently ill the last two days and we havent heard if anyone else in her house has it. No one from our family has been around her in weeks because she was away at college and since came home. So we know we didn’t pass it to her.

Now we are all wondering....was it just a really bad stomach bug or this stupid virus? Is it manifesting this way now in more people? Normally I would discount it but the fact that I still feel like I’m getting a chest cold and my daughters friend has the exact same symptoms makes us wonder.

Anyone else have weird sickness or something similar lately? Wonder if we will ever know.

Needless to stay we don’t want to be sick again so we are staying home.p which is easy because we all work at schools which are closed.

Stay healthy everyone!
You are what we would call a very good historian, lol.

It sounds like you picked up a noro type virus in Orlando, likely in a public bathroom of some sort or restaurant, etc. Think back to where you were in the day or two before you became sick. It doesn't strike me as Covid-like. Noro is rampant at that time of year, especially in places like Orlando. Have been there during an outbreak and I was worried about it, too. And it's almost certain that people sharing a bathroom with someone with noro will get it as well!

DS was sick with a weird respiratory thing for a couple of months over the winter (like so many other people have reported). He was seen twice for it and they didn't think much of it, but he eventually needed antibiotics and steroids, and was diagnosed with pneumonia as well (incidentally). I've wondered. But none of us got anything. Had it been Covid we likely would've gotten it too, wouldn't we have? And his teammates. Yet no one else did, so I don't think it was.

It is definitely everywhere. I have to laugh because here in Massachusetts we have about 2400 “confirmed” cases with the numbers rising daily as expected. Yet Rhode Island only has 165. Umm highly doubtful since they have only been able to test 200 a day. Yet, their governor still has not given a stay at home order. None of those numbers are probably even remotely close to the truth.

At this point, I’m thinking about 65% of us probably already had it or have it with no symptoms. 😏 Crazy.

I was out from work (high school) the day they closed our school, with dizziness, stomach issues and diarrhea. I think a stomach bug was circulating through our school at the time though.

Honestly I really don't care to ever be tested unless I'm deathly ill in the hospital. I would like to get the antibody test if it becomes available.

I think it's silly that people are standing in long lines, in the cold, here in Philadelphia and NJ, to be tested. If you are well enough to stand in the cold, in an hour+ line to get tested you are fine enough to just stay home, self isolate for the 14 days and treat yourself. What is knowing it's the corona virus going to do for you if you are well enough?? We are on shutdown orders so they should really stay home and not expose the masses.

I posted this on another thread but I think I may have had it. My daughter came home from Italy a few weeks ago. She quarantined on her own. She never had symptoms but after about 6 days of her being here I had aches, chills, sore throat, cough with some chest pain ( never had before) nausea and the worst headache of my life!! The weird part is it would come and go. I never had a fever though. A few days after I started my other dd had sore throat and chest pain. She got over that in 2 days. Thankfully when my dd came back from Italy my work made me quarantine with her because I am a preschool teacher. We are all fine now but I will probably never know if that was it. I did have the flu shot so who knows if it was the flu?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter