Thinking of bringing niece and nephew

Kanga&TwoRoos

Mouseketeer
My family of 4 is planning a quick trip to a Disney in January - 3 nights 2 days in the parks. We're thinking about inviting my niece and nephew because they haven't gone before (we went once two years ago). My kids are 4 and 6. My niece and nephew are 4 and 5. Are there any logistics that would make this difficult? If we go on rides that seat two next to each other would the 5 and 6 year old be able to sit next to each other while my husband and I each sit by a four year old?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

You must have a really sweet heart to want to share your vacation. I think one day your plan could work beautifully, but this may not be the best time. That's a really short trip and you will have some really young kids. There are so many logistics to consider...Where will they all sleep (the floor is not an option)? Will you be renting a double stroller as there is no way all four kids that young will be able to do the amount of walking you will want to cram into a 2 day trip? Have the kids spent the night away from their parents before? If you are flying, have you checked to see if you can get 6 seats together? Do you have the energy to keep up with 4 small kids? I know I would personally wait a couple more years...at least until they can all tie their shoes, carry their luggage, get through the bathroom unassisted, carry a tray of their own food, and ride safely on rides without an adult. Don't feel guilty that your kids get to go. Everyone is on their own journey. I didn't go to Disney World until I was 34 and I turned out fine. LOL!

I would definitely wait until they are at least 7, if you can, because it will make the ride seating logistics much much easier. With all of them under 7 it's going to be a pain.

Thanks for all of the advice. I think you’re all right that it makes more sense to wait until they’re at least 7. It will be fun to do a short trip with just the four of us. Our first trip was with my in laws (a group of 9).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!