Thinking of Buying

4myprincesses

Earning My Ears
Wife and I are thinking of buying into DVC. Thanks to Boudreaux0 and his spread sheet the financial aspect of whether to buy has been answered.

I have a couple of questions for now and probably more later.

1) The FAQ says that point value doesn't change. Does that mean if it takes 40 points per night now for a particular resort, it will be 40 points 10 years from now? Where does inflation figure into the point system?

2) I read alot about guides on the board. Is that another name for the salesperson? What is his/her importance after the sale?

3) For those who financed through DVC, is the interest rate market driven or is it a set rate?

As I said, these questions are just the beginning.

Thanks to the board for all it's done already to help us decide.

Ken

hi: i'll try to help; if someone can explain it more clearly than me, please jump in. the point values for a particular week or season may either go up or down; however another week/season in the year would go up or down to compensate for this. for example, if a week in adventure season were to go up by "x" amount of points needed, another week in a different season during the year would go down "x" amount of points. guides are your sales reps. i've called my guide to answer a question, just say hi and see how her family is, or check on a rumor i've heard. we never even met our guide before our initial purchase and only caught up with her on our second trip. now we pop in if we can just to say hi. we financed the original purchase with disney at a fixed rate that was automatically deducted from the checking account. this was a better rate than any of the banks had. on our add-on, we financed through our bank because their rates were better at the time. hopefully i didn't confuse you.

The points at DVC resorts are pretty much set except for as wdwnut said -- if something goes up, something else will go down. Except for changes due to the shifting of Easter and Thanksgiving each year, the points have stayed the same at all the resorts for the last 5 years or more. There is no need to adjust for inflation -- that's where the beauty of DVC comes in, you've locked in your vacation costs. The dues are subject to increases each year but even those have been contained to levels below inflation.

Points to stay at non-DVC options can fluctuate. For the first time in 10 years there are dramatic changes to the point schedules to stay at other WDW hotels. However, these also include the addition of being able to book specific room views and also concierge which weren't available in the past. Hopefully, the new point levels will either stay the same or decrease over the next few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter