Thinking of driving???

kristielee

Mouseketeer
Can anyone share any info they may have about driving from upstate NY?

We are debating leaving around 8 PM and driving until about noon the next day (on a weekend). Would like to make it as far as SC. Does this sound reasonable? We will be taking Ds, almost 3 and DD almost 5. My main concern is how they will do. I worry about them in car seats for so long. Granted we'll stop, have a van and TV, but is it really awful?

Any or all advice would be greatly appreciated.

For all my pre-teen - teen years, we drove back and forth to Port Charlotte, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando sooooooooooooo many times - I have blocked them out of my mind. First things first - If someones budget wont allow for flights then driving is the only alternative ( or train - cost as much as a plane if not more with type of accomodation ) So on that note, From Western Long Island, we always traveled @ 12 hours stopping around the border of North/South Carolina and stayed the night - then continued early morning for @ 8 - 12 hours to whichever destination we went to. The approximate times included stops for Food/Gas combo's. One time we drove straight though and physically felt so much more drained then the ride with the N.C./S.C. stop had drained us. As long as I can get airfares for @ $600-800 for the time of year we usually fly down - I will never subject my self to the torture of 2 days traveling in a vehicle again - LOL. We do drive Upstate and to P.A. semi regular but its not the same as that run to FLA. ( DS-6 / DD-4 )

Like I said, if money isnt there - there isnt much choise. You know your kids and DH enough to know if there will be WWIII after 5 hours of driving let alone 18-24 hours. Some people enjoy and get acustomed to long drives - God Bless them - I would have saved a lot of money if I did'nt dread the long ride compared to a 2 hour flight.

Good Luck and Enjoy Your Stay !

8')

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter