Third Time's the Charm! A June, Oct/Nov and Dec '19 PTR complete 12/22!

Hi! Just found your Pre-trip report and wanted to let you know I'm following along now!

Welcome! Thank you for reading !

I don't actually know what time they go on sale, I've asked a couple times on the AHs thread but no one seems to have an answer. I would think they would know what time they've gone on sale in the past but even that seems to be a hard answer to get! lol I wake up for work at 7 so I'll probably try then, and then at 8 and then at 9 haha one of them has to be the time!

I have NO idea! When DH and I went for our anniversary trip in July last year I could have had them for 60+1 so I'm not sure what has changed! Unless they've severely limited fastpasses for the top rides to keep stand by lower? If that's the case it doesn't seem to be working lol

Lol that works! I work overnights so I’ll just start checking at 6 or 7 am too probably!

Maybe but yeah- definitely not working !

That's so awesome about the gem points - little did you know that your coworkers would pay for some Ahi Tuna nachos (I may be projecting, those are my favorite things at Yak n Yeti)!

Ah I’ve never gotten those but I want to try them! I always get the garlic noodles that come with lobster, shrimp and scallops but maybe this time I’ll switch it up !

My response every time someone thanks me for something at work now is to say send me gem points ! Lol

ADR Day

Our ADR day for October/November opened on 4/27 and I was able to get everything we wanted basically. It's frustrating because you get the 180+10 day window but after the 10 days you have to wait day by day for each additional day to open! So I'm still waiting for the last two days of our trip to be open. I was at work when it opened but luckily was able to take a break at 6 am. I was most stressed about getting California Grill brunch but was happy to get it without a problem!

June Updates

I was finally able to get us a Slinky FP for June this morning! It's for 6:50-7:50 pm so much later than I want, but I'm extremely hopeful I can modify it earlier as it gets closer!

Can we talk about how frustrating Disney IT is for a minute lol? When Slinky showed up this morning I was on my computer and it kept not showing me DBF to change so I had to change to the app and I was freaking out that it would disappear. I have two clients traveling in May so between that and my own June trip, I feel like I spend half the day fighting with MDE.

Our Villains After Hours tickets are purchased also. :maleficen I didn't realize initially that they're letting adults come in costume for it but I think we'll probably just go the t-shirt route since it's June and I don't want to melt.

They announced a bunch of snacks coming that I've put on my must-do list for June lol!

Some of them are the specialty treats for the Villains After Hours:

(all pictures stolen from google)

headless horseman straw.jpg headless horseman brownie.jpg hades drink.jpg

The straw clip I'm excited about since I forgot to pick it up at MNSSHP last year!

Headless Horseman Browkie at Liberty Square Popcorn Cart: half-chocolate chip cookie, half-brownie topped with a chocolate piece featuring the Headless Horseman- this is probably like every other "brookie" in the world but I love them!

And the drink: Hades Temptation at Tortuga Tavern: purple frozen mocktail “Cosmo” with lemonade, violet monin syrup, and a gummy worm- prob would be better with actual alcohol but still sounds worth a try!

Then I saw others in the MK, not specific to the event:
mickey push pop.jpg Mickey’s Push Pop (available May 1 – June 30) – birthday cake layered with confetti sprinkles and buttercream.

minnie cookie dough sundae.jpg Minnie’s Cookie Dough Sundae (available May 9) – soft-serve ice cream topped with whipped cream, hot fudge, edible cookie dough, and a chocolate Minnie bow

mickey milkshake.jpg Mickey Milkshake (available May 1- June 30) – strawberry milkshake topped with yellow cotton candy and a Mickey marshmallow straw

aladdin donut.jpg Wish Granted Donut (available May 1-June 30) – glazed donut coated in gold sugar and topped with a chocolate lamp piece and blue cotton candy.

I'm not sure how or when I plan to eat and drink all these things without becoming diabetic but I want to at least try to get to most of them!

Glad you got all the ADRs you wanted so far for Oct/Nov!

The Hades Temptation drink for the DAH is one that caught my eye as well!

So many fun treats coming to MK!!

Hooray for snagging the CA Grill brunch; that one is hard to come by.

MDE is a true test of patience. It usually works best on my laptop, which is a pain. I would much rather access the app through my phone for quick changes.

That Aladdin donut caught my eye when it was announced. And I didn't realize the Minnie sundaes had edible cookie dough in them (thought it was just a sundae with Minnie ears chocolate).

Hooray for snagging the CA Grill brunch; that one is hard to come by.

MDE is a true test of patience. It usually works best on my laptop, which is a pain. I would much rather access the app through my phone for quick changes.

That Aladdin donut caught my eye when it was announced. And I didn't realize the Minnie sundaes had edible cookie dough in them (thought it was just a sundae with Minnie ears chocolate).

It’s the one I was most worried about but I put it further back in our trip which I think made it easier- i had my pick of times!

Same for me- it’s frustrating when I’m trying to access it on my phone at work and don’t have my computer.

I thought the same at first and then I read about the edible cookie dough! I love cookie dough lol

Yahoo for ADRs but ugh I know if your trip is over 10 days it’s a bit annoying!

Umm I am a little annoyed at you! Those snacks all look so good but most will be gone before I arrive in August why would you show me such deliciousness that I can’t have!!!

The villains event looks so fun can’t wait to hear about it!

The California Grill brunch is so good. Snagging a reservation for that the day of the half marathon was maybe my greatest planning win!

Yahoo for ADRs but ugh I know if your trip is over 10 days it’s a bit annoying!

Umm I am a little annoyed at you! Those snacks all look so good but most will be gone before I arrive in August why would you show me such deliciousness that I can’t have!!!

The villains event looks so fun can’t wait to hear about it!

Yesss luckily I’m working like everyday so I’m up at 6 am every day but it’s still annoying !

Ah I’m sorry! If it helps, they’ll probably be a whole new batch of treats by August that I don’t get to have lol

December trip?

There's something that happens when you purchase a Disney annual pass. I've come to call it the AP phenomenon.

It starts with talking yourself into buying it by thinking of the money you'll save in discounts and how it pays for itself in 2 trips. You start using the discounts and think "Wow I'm saving so much money this is great!"

Then you get home and think "Well, the more trips I take, the more it pays for itself". So you start finding reasons to add in Disney trips and rationalize it by saying "but I have an AP, I need to use it." Suddenly you're taking 4 trips in a year you were only supposed to take one. You spend thousands more in hotels and flights and still convince yourself you've saved money because of your AP. Then repeat for years to come.

It's normal right?

giphy.gif

The idea for a short December trip came up a few months ago. My sister and I were talking about the trip we took in December 2015 for her 21st birthday and how it was one of our favorite trips. They weren't doing the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays yet then and I still haven't seen it since we've started traveling at the end of October/beginning of November.

Then I thought of the Orlando Informer meet-ups at Universal. I've been dying to attend one since they started them but could never make the timing work. I remembered they had one in December last year and mentioned if they do it again this year, we could make a nice long weekend trip and hit up the meet-up, Epcot and a MVMCP with some resort hopping in between. We agreed it sounded like a fun idea and a way to get a relatively low-cost trip in.

They recently announced that they would be having an OI meetup on December 13 and 14! :dogdance: Exactly the dates I suspected.

Best part? It will allow us to get back to Grinchmas!
grinchmas.jpg

My very tentative plan (since nothing is even booked yet or even remotely close lol) would be:

Fly in early December 12, hit MVMCP at night
mvmcp 2015.JPG

December 13-14- resort hopping in the mornings then OI meetup at night

IMG_1753.JPG
December 15- Epcot and the narrator for Candelight Processional this night is Gary Sinese! :love:

kims 21st epcot.jpg goofy kiss.jpg
christmas stitch.JPG epcot christmas.jpg

December 16- late flight home hopefully leaving time to resort hop/ hit Disney Springs during the day!

As much as I do love traveling with my DBF, I really am looking forward to the idea of another girls trip with my sister. It's a totally different dynamic and brings me back to when we were younger and shared a room and constantly adventured together. The more I relive the memories of our trip in 2015- the more I hope we're able to pull this trip off! It will be the week before my sister's birthday so it'll be a great celebration for her and a nice trip of Christmas magic.

The only sad part? These beauties won't be there:sad2:

osborne lights.JPG

Friday October 25, 2019 Plans

My original plan for this day was to have a nice relaxing morning since we'll be at MNSSHP late the night before. Then, as I'm sure you've all heard, they announced Extra, extra magic hours (side note: they couldn't come up with any other name for this lol?) yesterday.

Because I'm completely insane, the idea of Hollywood Studios opening at 6 am really excites me. I'm not a morning person but I am a night shifter and being up at 4 and 5 am is pretty normal to me lol. So I've come up with a new plan.

Come back from MNSSHP, take a short nap. Wake up to get to DHS for EEMH. Stay in the park from 6 am- 9 am. Then return to the regularly scheduled plan for the day. Sound insane? Probably.

I also haven't told DBF my genius plan yet...:rolleyes1

My reasoning is that once SWGE opens, I'm sure I'll be dying to see it. We've never seen Star Wars at all :scared: but I've also never seen Avatar and once Pandora opened, I had to get there ASAP! I'm sure this will be the same way and (spoiler alert), the next few days of our trip after this will be Universal days so I'm sure I won't want to wait to see it.

The original plan for this day was to make a Publix run to get drinks and food for the room. We can still do that after we leave DHS at 9. Then we can go back to the room and sleep for a few hours.

We had an ADR at Sanaa which I pushed back from 12 pm to 2 pm.

bread servicw.JPG

I had originally planned for us to spend the afternoon in Animal Kingdom. We still may do that, and I'll make a few fastpasses in case we do. If we're totally exhausted, we can just hang out at AKL (not a loss at all- it's one of my favorite resorts to explore) and head back to our resort for a low-key night.

December trip?

There's something that happens when you purchase a Disney annual pass. I've come to call it the AP phenomenon.

It starts with talking yourself into buying it by thinking of the money you'll save in discounts and how it pays for itself in 2 trips. You start using the discounts and think "Wow I'm saving so much money this is great!"

Then you get home and think "Well, the more trips I take, the more it pays for itself". So you start finding reasons to add in Disney trips and rationalize it by saying "but I have an AP, I need to use it." Suddenly you're taking 4 trips in a year you were only supposed to take one. You spend thousands more in hotels and flights and still convince yourself you've saved money because of your AP. Then repeat for years to come.

Umm you seem suprised by this... i am only getting the AP so i can do this haha.... kidding well kinda....

They recently announced that they would be having an OI meetup on December 13 and 14! :dogdance: Exactly the dates I suspected.

Best part? It will allow us to get back to Grinchmas!

UMM These are the same dates as our possible December trip but maybe a bit shorter 12- 15..... but i would probably not make any OI meet ups... i MAY take this trip just me and DD1, but i have a feeling DH would be jeloues and would end up wanting to come.. but either way i don't think these meet ups are meant for 5 year olds right? right? maybe my sister can watch DD>..... ok i am totally off topic...

Also i didn't quote it, but its so true Disney changes depending who you are with! I am planning a trip with my sister but not till 2021... and i already know it will be so different, it changes how you approach everything.

My original plan for this day was to have a nice relaxing morning since we'll be at MNSSHP late the night before. Then, as I'm sure you've all heard, they announced Extra, extra magic hours (side note: they couldn't come up with any other name for this lol?) yesterday.

haha i know right, what kind of name is this? it was like ok we have to announce now no time to think just call it extra extra... extra extra read all about it... that's all i can think when i hear it!

I am thinking i am going to hit up DHS one morning maybe by myself... just to say i did it you know?

Umm you seem suprised by this... i am only getting the AP so i can do this haha.... kidding well kinda....

hahaha it's funny cause this was supposed to be a 1 Disney trip year :rotfl2:buttt then I decided to go with coworkers in February for my birthday and all bets were off when I renewed my AP lol

UMM These are the same dates as our possible December trip but maybe a bit shorter 12- 15..... but i would probably not make any OI meet ups... i MAY take this trip just me and DD1, but i have a feeling DH would be jeloues and would end up wanting to come.. but either way i don't think these meet ups are meant for 5 year olds right? right? maybe my sister can watch DD>..... ok i am totally off topic...

Also i didn't quote it, but its so true Disney changes depending who you are with! I am planning a trip with my sister but not till 2021... and i already know it will be so different, it changes how you approach everything.

AHH awesome! I think it would be fun to go just with your daughter but I wouldn't blame your husband for being jealous.:laughing:

I know some people do take kids to the meet ups and I know I don't have kids but if I did I probably wouldn't at that age lol. Years ago, we took my exes niece when she was 3 or 4 and she was too small for most rides and spent most of the day waiting for child swaps and she was pretty much over it.

haha i know right, what kind of name is this? it was like ok we have to announce now no time to think just call it extra extra... extra extra read all about it... that's all i can think when i hear it!

I am thinking i am going to hit up DHS one morning maybe by myself... just to say i did it you know?

:rotfl::rotfl:That's all I'm going to think of too now when I hear it- as the boy from Spaceship Earth saying it haha

Yesss- I'm not sure why the idea of being at DHS at the crack of dawn is exciting to me but it is! My sister and I did a special travel agency event at 6 AM in Pandora last August and I loved being there so early.

AHH awesome! I think it would be fun to go just with your daughter but I wouldn't blame your husband for being jealous.:laughing:

I know some people do take kids to the meet ups and I know I don't have kids but if I did I probably wouldn't at that age lol. Years ago, we took my exes niece when she was 3 or 4 and she was too small for most rides and spent most of the day waiting for child swaps and she was pretty much over it.

Oh I should clarify, just me and DD and like 10 cousins who moved their trip....so it would be to meet up with them.... haha either way he is not going to love this idea and certainly going to be a hard sel.... maybe I’ll sell it at food and wine after I’ve booked it and he has had like 10 drinks :rolleyes1

hahaha it's funny cause this was supposed to be a 1 Disney trip year :rotfl2:buttt then I decided to go with coworkers in February for my birthday and all bets were off when I renewed my AP lol

Haha yeah that didnt happen at all.... but if your looking for someone to tell you this was a bad idea you've come to the wrong place.

Yesss- I'm not sure why the idea of being at DHS at the crack of dawn is exciting to me but it is! My sister and I did a special travel agency event at 6 AM in Pandora last August and I loved being there so early.

Totally! My DH would not be on board with this and since it’s an adult only trip it’s much easier for me to just go myself.

Oh I should clarify, just me and DD and like 10 cousins who moved their trip....so it would be to meet up with them.... haha either way he is not going to love this idea and certainly going to be a hard sel.... maybe I’ll sell it at food and wine after I’ve booked it and he has had like 10 drinks :rolleyes1

Ooo that sounds lovely. Yesss perfect plan. I'm all for sharing things with DBF after they're booked because it comes off more as a "Hey guess what's happening and less of a "can we do this" :rotfl:

Haha yeah that didnt happen at all.... but if your looking for someone to tell you this was a bad idea you've come to the wrong place.

:laughing: I feel like I subconsciously post here because having my ideas enabled makes me feel better

If I had an AP, I can only imagine how many trips I would try to justify taking!!

Your tentative plans for December sound great!! Getting to squeeze in all the Christmas offerings would be so fun.

I love your crazy plan for that Friday!!

Ugh I'm so jealous that you were able to snag a CG brunch! I am totally kicking myself for not booking a placeholder reservation just to get one for the end of our trip. Stupid split reservation rules.

AND a SDD fp! I'll admit, I haven't been as vigilant as I should in trying to get one for SDD. Time to pick up my game haha

Exciting that you have your December trip officially booked! I'll be there the same weekend, 12/14-12/18! I'm still deciding on the Orlando Informer on 12/14, I'm tempted but not sure yet!

If I had an AP, I can only imagine how many trips I would try to justify taking!!

Your tentative plans for December sound great!! Getting to squeeze in all the Christmas offerings would be so fun.

I love your crazy plan for that Friday!!

It's a blessing and a curse I swear! :rotfl: Part of the reason we keep pushing back Disneyland is because it's so much easier (and cheaper) to just keep renewing our APs and planning more trips to WDW lol.

Thank you! Hopefully Mike will too when I get around to mentioning it to him :littleangel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter