Third Time's the Charm! A June, Oct/Nov and Dec '19 PTR complete 12/22!

Ugh I'm so jealous that you were able to snag a CG brunch! I am totally kicking myself for not booking a placeholder reservation just to get one for the end of our trip. Stupid split reservation rules.

AND a SDD fp! I'll admit, I haven't been as vigilant as I should in trying to get one for SDD. Time to pick up my game haha

Exciting that you have your December trip officially booked! I'll be there the same weekend, 12/14-12/18! I'm still deciding on the Orlando Informer on 12/14, I'm tempted but not sure yet!

Fingers crossed for you on Cali Grill still! Ugh the split stay rules are so annoying that it makes me not want to ever do one again.

I was so surprised when it showed up I almost missed it lol. I've been booking stuff for clients so often recently that I've just been checking every time I have to use the app for anyone lol.

Ah I was pretty sure your dates were similar! I'm so excited to finally get to a meet-up and yesterday my sister told me she hasn't been to Universal since 2015 so it's even more perfect for us.

Real Life Update (with some small June trip updates)

Happy Nurses' Week to any of my fellow nurses out there!

I previously mentioned that I was assaulted by a patient 2 years ago and a few days ago marked the 1 year anniversary of when he was finally sentenced and sent to jail. This has brought me a lot of peace with the whole incident and is the only part of the whole ordeal that I enjoy reliving
https://www.silive.com/news/2018/05...uV5yIQgQ2a6pr8bXSuE3RMlDsX5xShHjs7-fUVCYhqmFY

I had a busy weekend with my best friend's children's baptism/communion party on Saturday. It was a blast and her daughter looked like a princess and the baby was a hit because he laughed at the priest during the ceremony!

Sunday, it was finally time for my mom and grandma's Christmas present from me and my sister. We took them to brunch and to see Cirque du Soleil: Luzia! I LOVE Cirque shows and try to see them every time they tour near us. We took my grandma last year to her first show as her Christmas gift and she also loved it, so we continued the tradition this year.

To get in the Trip Reporting mood, here's my review of our brunch (feel free to skip down to the end of the update if you only care about the Disney stuff lol)

They had quite a few specialty drinks so I chose one called

Strawberry Fizz (strawberry puree, sparkling rose and strawberry pop rocks)

pop rocks drink.jpg

I loved it! I love pop rocks and the drink was delicious. My mom had a "margarosa" which was described as a mimosa/margarita hybrid which was my second choice and appropriate for Cinco de Mayo. I tasted hers and it was delicious too. My sister had a Blueberry Peach Bellini which was good but I'm not a blueberry fan. My grandma doesn't drink at all and judged us all for drinking so early in the day.

giphy.gif

All the food choices sounded delicious and I had a hard time choosing!

In the end, I decided I wanted lunch and chose:

Wild Mushroom Flatbread (herb goat cheese, caramelized onions, arugula and white truffle oil)

flatbread.jpg

This was sooo good. I was mad about how fast I got full and forced myself to eat it all anyway. #preparingfordisneymeals

empanadas.jpg

My sister got these "Chicken Pot Pie empanadas" which sounded odd but I tasted them and they were really delicious.

chicken and waffles.jpg

My grandma got Chicken and Waffles which I liked that the chicken was boneless because I hate how hard it is to eat chicken and waffles usually. She apparently never knew Chicken and Waffles was a thing before and I'm not 100% sure how we're related :confused3

My mom got Artichoke bread pudding which I apparently don't have a picture of sooo use your imagination. It sounded like an odd combo but it was actually really good too.

Basically
, brunch was a resounding success!

brunch photo.jpg

After brunch, we had to drive to Citifield (which is the NY Mets stadium if anyone was curious) which is normally an easy 45 minute drive from us but it was pouring and it was a bike marathon so there were a lot of street closures so I was annoyed while driving. But I kept my usual cursing road rage under control since grandma was in the passenger seat and already judged me for my brunch cocktail.

The show was great as usual and everyone had a great time! It was themed to Mexican culture (again perfect for Cinco de Mayo). I got a cute sugar skull ornament for the show and a Cirque du Soleil spirit jersey and was so excited! I tried my hardest to explain the spirit jersey idea to grandma but I think she just thought I was nuts.

luzia .jpg
selfie.jpg

butterfly girl.jpg
water acrobats.jpg

I would upload some videos of the show but for the life of me I don't know how.

I read that the new Cirque show will open in Disney Springs this September. I really hope it does because I'll be so excited to see it in October!

-------------------------------------
If you just want the PTR updates, here's where to pick-up reading again!

I finally booked our flights! Well, the ones to Disney anyway. The one that I want coming home is still more expensive than I want to pay so I'm still watching it.

We fly either out of Newark, JFK or Laguardia but Newark is by far the closest and most convenient. I've had my eye on a Jetblue flight out of Newark at 5:30 AM and landing in MCO at 8:05 AM. This morning it dropped to $75 so I booked it! I had a $30 flight credit from February because our TVs didn't work so that was great! So now we can at least get to Disney. Coming home is up in the air still. See what I did there :rotfl:

Also, I saw on Facebook that they had new cocktail popsicles at the Gelato cart in Italy in Epcot! They look so good and I need to try to Berry Sangria one in June!

(pic stolen from facebook)
Italy-Cocktail-Popsicle-Menu-2.jpg

The only other thing to add is that I'm throwing around the idea still of doing Hollywood Studios After Hours. It's happening on our DHS day and would make my plan of leaving DHS in the middle of the day to go to Disney Springs even easier. I'm just not sure if there's enough to do to justify the cost. Has anyone done it before? Any opinions?

Sounds like such a fun family day!!

Wow that's a super cheap flight down to Orlando! Very early too!!

Mmm those popsicles sound good, I hadn't read about them anywhere yet!

I can't weigh in on the DHS After Hours but I'm betting you'll end up doing it :) Everything I've heard sounds good!

Sounds like such a fun family day!!

Wow that's a super cheap flight down to Orlando! Very early too!!

Mmm those popsicles sound good, I hadn't read about them anywhere yet!

I can't weigh in on the DHS After Hours but I'm betting you'll end up doing it :) Everything I've heard sounds good!

Right! I was so excited when I saw how much the price had dropped. Early flights are my favorite!

They must be new cause I hadn't heard anything about them at all til yesterday and now it's like every other post on facebook lol.

I'm betting we will too. My Disney self-control doesn't exist.

Those popsicles look so delish! Definitely on my list for EPCOT, too! Especially for a hot summer day, yum!

And so I have done DHS After Hours and if you are a fan of the rides that DHS does have then I think it is TOTALLY worth it. My family is a big fan of TOT so just being able to ride that four times was awesome for us. We did TOT 4x, RNR 2x, SDD 2x, AS2 1x, TSM 1x, met Buzz and got six snacks and six drinks. So I would totally recommend it! Obviously it doesn't have as many rides as MK but I honestly found it less stressful because I didn't worry about hitting all the rides!

Those popsicles look so delish! Definitely on my list for EPCOT, too! Especially for a hot summer day, yum!

And so I have done DHS After Hours and if you are a fan of the rides that DHS does have then I think it is TOTALLY worth it. My family is a big fan of TOT so just being able to ride that four times was awesome for us. We did TOT 4x, RNR 2x, SDD 2x, AS2 1x, TSM 1x, met Buzz and got six snacks and six drinks. So I would totally recommend it! Obviously it doesn't have as many rides as MK but I honestly found it less stressful because I didn't worry about hitting all the rides!

Ooo thank you for sharing! TOT is my absolute favorite ride so that alone might be enough for me. And being able to experience TSL without baking in the June sun is really appealing lol.

But wait! Where is this said brunch????? Chicken pot pie empanadas??? Sorry I’d didn’t even finish reading the update but I MUST EAT THESE!

Ok read the rest, can comment now.

So happy to hear her was sentence and I hope it brings you some peace.

I have such a love hate relationship with Newark airport, it’s so close to me it almost makes no sense to go to another airport but the JetBlue terminal sucks!

Eat all the snacks all the time!

But wait! Where is this said brunch????? Chicken pot pie empanadas??? Sorry I’d didn’t even finish reading the update but I MUST EAT THESE!

It’s a place on Staten Island called Violette’s Cellar! Definitely recommend!

Ok read the rest, can comment now.

So happy to hear her was sentence and I hope it brings you some peace.

I have such a love hate relationship with Newark airport, it’s so close to me it almost makes no sense to go to another airport but the JetBlue terminal sucks!

Eat all the snacks all the time!
Thank you :goodvibes

The JetBlue terminal does suck lol but the drive is so much more convenient to Newark!

It’s a place on Staten Island called Violette’s Cellar! Definitely recommend!

I just made plans to eat there! It’s actually really close to where a friend and a cousin live! Thanks for the recommendation!

Thank you :goodvibes

The JetBlue terminal does suck lol but the drive is so much more convenient to Newark!

Agreed..... but it ssoooooo bad like so bad

Annual Passes are the worst instigator when it comes to taking more trips! It just makes sound logic to get the most use out of them, though. :laughing: Your December trip sounds great and a perfect birthday celebration for your sister. I haven't been back to WDW during the holidays since the Osborne Lights went away, and I'm not sure I could go without being a little bitter that they're gone. :sad:

I think doing MNSSHP and then Extra, Extra Magic Hours is doable. You'll have the excitement of Disney and a new land to keep you energized. And since you planned a low-key night you can crash early that evening. It sounds fun and like something my husband and I would attempt in our pre-kids days. :laughing:

I saw an announcement about those boozy popsicles, too. Don't they sound like the most refreshing treat on a hot day in Epcot?!

Annual Passes are the worst instigator when it comes to taking more trips! It just makes sound logic to get the most use out of them, though. :laughing: Your December trip sounds great and a perfect birthday celebration for your sister. I haven't been back to WDW during the holidays since the Osborne Lights went away, and I'm not sure I could go without being a little bitter that they're gone. :sad:

I think doing MNSSHP and then Extra, Extra Magic Hours is doable. You'll have the excitement of Disney and a new land to keep you energized. And since you planned a low-key night you can crash early that evening. It sounds fun and like something my husband and I would attempt in our pre-kids days. :laughing:

I saw an announcement about those boozy popsicles, too. Don't they sound like the most refreshing treat on a hot day in Epcot?!

Exactly- you need more trips to save more money lol.

Honestly, I think the Osborne lights being gone is a big reason we haven't made a huge effort to get back during the holidays. Our Oct/Nov trip last year got us MVMCP, the gingerbread houses at GF and the Contemporary and the holiday festivities at DHS. If I wasn't itching to get back to Grinchmas and to see the Epcot festival, that would be all I need of Christmas!

Thank you for the support on my crazy plan! You're right - the excitement of Disney and something new will keep the adrenaline going!

Food and Wine Updates

I've been anxiously awaiting food and wine updates from Disney and a lot of them were announced recently! We've never done any of the special events for Food and Wine but I have my eye on a few of them this year!

1. Parisian Breakfast
From the Disney website:
Start the day with fabulous fresh-baked goodness—from baguettes and croissants to patisserie-perfect pain au chocolat.

Wake up and smell the petit déjeuner! Guests are invited to sip cappuccino, hot chocolate or amazing French sparkling mimosas, all while indulging in an authentic Parisian breakfast buffet that’s deliciously decadent.

Be sure to slather a bit of confiture on your baguette for a traditional tartine. With buttery croissants, pastries and more, your first meal of the day will never be the same.

I read reviews of this from last year and it sounds delicious. Carbs and unlimited mimosas! What more do you need for breakfast really? And it's only $45 a person and I'm positive I can drink that much in mimosas lol.

2. They have Mix it, Make It, Celebrate It events throughout the festival and there are 2 during our time that I'd like to book.

The first is: Lemba Rum Cocktails – Come learn about the rich history and development of rum and its many varieties! Sample unique libations and learn to create your very own "Lemba Pineapple Rose" cocktail.

The second is: Sweet Dessert “Frushi” – Curb your sushi cravings and eat desserts first! Chef Emily Ellyn’s fruit-filled sushi remix is a fun and healthy way to remake your favorite indulgence into a dessert!

Both of these sound like a lot of fun to me and are also only $45 a person. Booking opens on May 15 but I read that APs can book on May 14 (tomorrow!) so I'm hoping to get all 3 of these experiences booked.

I also saw on the Disney Parks Blog that the Candy Sushi class will be coming back this year. I missed the opening for booking it last year so I'd like to try to get into it this year!

And of course- merchandise!
(All photos stolen from Disney Food Blog)
2019-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-merchandise-6.jpg

I have a ridiculously large collection of Disney ornaments and I'm sure I'll be bringing this one home to it.

2019-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-merchandise-11.jpg

These ears are just adorable and I want them!

These last two items I think are cute but I'm not 100% sure I'll feel the need to purchase them.
2019-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-merchandise-2.jpg

This mug is totally adorable but I very rarely use mugs so it seems silly for me to buy it.

2019-epcot-food-and-wine-merchandise-rose-gold-may-2019-1.jpg

And of course- a spirit jersey. It looks cute but the two colors throws me off a little. I'll have to see it in person first.

I really wanted to do the Parisian breakfast this year! Of course its not being offered during our trip :confused3 I think I'm just destined to not have any brunches during our September trip! haha but I've also heard good things! Should be super fun!

The Parisian breakfast sounds lovely! And the 2 events sound fun, especially the frushi one!

I hope you get into the candy sushi class, that always looked so fun to me!

I really wanted to do the Parisian breakfast this year! Of course its not being offered during our trip :confused3 I think I'm just destined to not have any brunches during our September trip! haha but I've also heard good things! Should be super fun!

Oh no :sad2: Disney doesn’t want you to have brunch for some reason lol

The reviews I read from last year sounded delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter