Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

Hey Timmy, quick question...Wasn't the entire DCP canceled???? I'll explain why I am asking later...And, I'll be back to finish reading your report...

Brilliant journals & photography. Looking forward to more. Thank you for bringing magic into my day. Following on IG
:tinker:

Thank you and :welcome:! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Most of my pics were kind of iffy due to the combination of low light while juggling a camera and trying to help my son... lol. But I scrubbed through some of the video and found a few decent shots (though they're probably not the best).

View attachment 497763
View attachment 497764
View attachment 497765

Savi's was a great experience for us... my son and I are both huge Star Wars fans, and assembling the lightsaber with him was really special. The whole experience is really well done! I won't post any details since I don't want to spoil it for anyone. :)

Omg I love it. Thank you so much for sharing them! I see you chose Peace & Justice, I'm guessing either blue or green for kyber crystal? Maybe?

Fingers crossed you get called soon!!! 🙏

We're headed down in October, but not doing any parks... We're just going to relax and enjoy AKL... But my 12yo keeps asking when he can build a light saber so I'm sure next year we'll be visiting Savi's workshop next year...

If I get called, still so much uncertainty.

That sounds so nice. DAKL seems like the perfect resort to just relax at. :goodvibes I can't guarantee that that's where I'll be in a year's time whether I get called back or I get re-hired.

Hey Timmy, quick question...Wasn't the entire DCP canceled???? I'll explain why I am asking later...And, I'll be back to finish reading your report...

As of right now, yes.

Initially, it was only domestic CPs (aka me), ICPs (the international students who aren't there for a full year), the Culinary Program and some Professional Internships. Some PIs stayed a little longer but they were eventually all ended and then lastly were the Cultural Representatives, who are the ones that are there for a year usually working in World Showcase of their respective country. Currently, no Disney Programs are being run on either coast.

Initially, it was only domestic CPs (aka me), ICPs (the international students who aren't there for a full year), the Culinary Program and some Professional Internships. Some PIs stayed a little longer but they were eventually all ended and then lastly were the Cultural Representatives, who are the ones that are there for a year usually working in World Showcase of their respective country. Currently, no Disney Programs are being run on either coast.
Thank you so much! Someone replied to Tim Tracker (YouTuber) that they were starting their DCP this week and I was like, umm no. I thought all DCP's were canceled. HAHA! I never got a response back...

I Tried To Photograph Halloween Horror Nights, Emphasis on Tried
10/11/19: HHN Night #7 & Unmasking The Horror Tour

After the tour finished up and I went back into Universal, I immediately went to go find grub. I ended up going to Mel's and got this lovely classic.

One cannot ever go wrong with some chicken tendies. They also filled me up well enough to head on over to stay-and-scream.

Today, I decided I was gonna brave the worst of stay-and-scream: Stranger Things. It had been a minute since I had last done the house so I thought why not?

It ended up being just as bad as I expected. It was so backed up for so long and the sun was at easily its worst. Usually I'm not too bothered by heat but this was crazy. However, people in line kept us occupied as someone started bouncing balloons over the crowd while we waited outside the soundstage for the house to open. Eventually, we were let inside.

It was quite possibly my least favorite run of any house at the event. So many actors missing, so many scares I missed. It was not a fun time. Getting to do it and being in that soundstage AC made up for the waiting, but gosh... that franchise is just a logistical nightmare for HHN.

It also got me out of stay-and-scream the latest I've ever experienced. I went to the back of the park to get away from the madness at the front.

Click to watch!

I went into Nightingales since it definitely had been an even longer minute since that one. The wait was already getting up there, but not too bad. All-in-all, I had a WAAAYY better run in there.

Click to watch!

After that, my night was essentially dictated by the fact I had my DSLR with me. I really wanted to see what I could do with it so I spent a good portion of the night in scare zones. Many having repeat visits. I also went into AOV so I got photos of that as well. Here are some of the better photos I got during the night in no particular order. Just ones I thought were serviceable. Enjoy a little photographic tour around HHN29.

Yeah, it was a struggle and I was on the preset modes. I tried to go manual, but in all honesty, I've realized with research that a lens upgrade is really what I need to do. Night photography needs larger aperture abilities and faster shutter speed, which I just can't do so it's always luck of the draw. I did bring my DSLR back a few more times and got much better photos, either in the day time or with much patience at night, but this was night one.

In the midst of all this, I was hanging out with people and doing houses as I do. After Nightingales and Stranger Things, the only ones I can firmly recall doing are Yeti and Universal Monsters. I think Graveyard Games and Us might've happened too. Unfortunately, I really didn't have a good way of keeping track of what houses I did each night minus significant moments. Again, there will be a count of how many times I did each house once we get to the last night of the event. We'll see how well it lines up with conjecture.

I also bought another souvenir cup tonight. I also believe I finally got to try Vampire's Curse, the last of the specialty drinks and one of the better ones.

We also had a not-so-great moment in the night that resulted in quite the set of snapchats.

Yeah, I was a bit judgey and really overdramatic but it was not without warrant (and it's pretty funny looking back). I personally think it's kinda weird to hang out with high schoolers when you're 20 something years old. However, one of my friends that I joined up with later in the night had attracted a bunch of them and forced us to join groups. I was very against it but got dragged into it and it was just as bad as I expected. They were being obnoxious, screwing around with stanchions and ropes, being loud, etc. There were also some other things I witnessed but I'd rather not discuss it on this TR. It was very upsetting for me and I was so frustrated by it all. I did end up splitting off from them to do more photo-taking after we got out of the house we did. I could not take it longer.

I was not gonna let my night end on that note and luckily I know how to enjoy my own company. Also, now that I'm recalling better, Adam wasn't there but he did offer to pick me up after he got off work so I took him up on that offer. I needed to vent.

With that, we say goodbye to yet another night at HHN!

Adam let me know that they were having a small get-together at his place so I came over to hang. It was during this little chill and vent sesh that we experienced one of the most quintessential Vista Way experiences.

Click to watch!

Yup, a lizard had gotten into the apartment. This had happened to me before and to be quite honest, it's really not always this dramatic. Lizards are pretty prevalent in Florida. Matt, Adam's roommate, just was freaked so it required immediate action. Not to mention, it was a pretty packed apartment. It was pretty fun to witness especially when it scurried its way near the bedrooms. They did catch him eventually and got him out, but yeah, pretty memorable moment.

Eventually, I did go home and passed out from a long but pretty great day.

Continue Here

Last edited:

Thank you so much! Someone replied to Tim Tracker (YouTuber) that they were starting their DCP this week and I was like, umm no. I thought all DCP's were canceled. HAHA! I never got a response back...

Aaahh, gotcha. Yeah that's not right lol As far as I know, the only cast members being called back are Full Timers. I'm sure the CRPs are probably being invited back to reopen Epcot, but no news on PIs or CPs yet. When I do find out anything, I will let y'all know for sure.

Aaahh, gotcha. Yeah that's not right lol As far as I know, the only cast members being called back are Full Timers. I'm sure the CRPs are probably being invited back to reopen Epcot, but no news on PIs or CPs yet. When I do find out anything, I will let y'all know for sure.
Thanks Timmy! You're awesome!!!!

My thoughts on the Fuzzy? It's really cool. Really strong, but that goes for all of Oga's libations. The numbing part of it I thought was really fun.
It's my fav too. I found that if you let the fuzzy part sit in your mouth a bit before swallowing, the numbing effect is stronger (oh, that sounded bad, lol!).

I just needed some moscato.
You need to try Jam Jar. It's a sweet Moscato and it's delicious. You can get it at Wine Bar George and any major liquor store.

You honestly can never go wrong with France's drinks.
That's very true!!!

Omg I love it. Thank you so much for sharing them! I see you chose Peace & Justice, I'm guessing either blue or green for kyber crystal? Maybe?

You're welcome! Yep, he chose the green kyber crystal! It turned out so cool that I kind of regret not building one myself... but maybe one of these days! :)

It's my fav too. I found that if you let the fuzzy part sit in your mouth a bit before swallowing, the numbing effect is stronger (oh, that sounded bad, lol!).

LOL I AM CACKLING. I definitely had that foam sitting on my lips for a bit so I was numb for awhile lol

You need to try Jam Jar. It's a sweet Moscato and it's delicious. You can get it at Wine Bar George and any major liquor store.

Making a big note on that one, thank you!

That's very true!!!

I speak only the truth.

You're welcome! Yep, he chose the green kyber crystal! It turned out so cool that I kind of regret not building one myself... but maybe one of these days! :)

Haha KNEW IT! You definitely should come back and build one. It is worth more than one experience (and more than one lightsaber lol)

Sussman K3 Disney Reunion!
10/12/19: Studios Day With Gabi & Bri!

Today was a very exciting day. Awhile back, my friend and former housemate (Sussman K3 was our building address) Gabi, told me that her and her close friend, Bri, who is a former cast member, were coming to Disney! Bri's family I believe are DVC owners so this is a regular thing but Gabi was joining this time! And Gabi hadn't ever really been to Disney. She might've gone once before at a very very young age, but this was her first visit ever. So, of course, we had to meet up.

Today was the one day I had available to join them. They were going to Studios so I was meeting up with them there. I believe they had been there all morning. I was pretty exhausted so I slept in and joined them later.

When I got to Studios, I picked up a fall classic from Starbucks so I'd be fully ready for the day ahead.

I basically had it completely downed by the time I arrived in Toy Story Land where we planned to meet up. We obviously were very excited to see each other after so so long.

Truly just as emotional and happy as you can expect. It's always so great to see some of my favorite people in my favorite place. Last time we saw each other, we don't have the best memories due to a very nasty bouncer on NYE, but we were in Disney. It's not always possible for my friends from home or Skidmore to be here so this was AN OCCASION.

We all wanted to do a ride so we decided to head on over to Rock N Roller Coaster.

Click to BOOMERANG!

It was super fun, per usual. Gabi definitely enjoyed this one. I wish I could've gotten a photo of our on-ride photo.

From there, I decided to take Bri and Gabi to do my favorite thing to do in the parks: Character Meet and Greets!

We first went to go meet the Star Wars guys.

I hadn't been able to meet Darth Vader since he was brought in place of Kylo Ren who was on-planet now so we did that first.

I don't remember much from this M&G, but I know Gabi and Bri were very confused. Neither was completely familiar with how M&Gs worked and Vader is definitely not the most comfortable one. I however was living. All I know is we walked out truly changed by the experience.

Next, we had to go get ourselves a Chewy hug.

We didn't get the best photos of this one, but it was super cute. I know I kinda dominated talking to Chewy, but he also was very into Gabi's hair. Looked a lot like his I guess. You can say Gabi and him got pretty attached by the end.

Click to watch!

It was getting close to Gabi and Bri's dining reservation at Mama Melrose's so we started to head that way. They had the Fantasmic dining package so they really needed to make it for that. Originally, I wasn't gonna join, especially since I myself had a reservation at Oga's not too long after, but eventually I conceded.

Along the way, we stopped to go see Olaf. He had no line, so why not a quick visit?

If you couldn't tell, this one was definitely all me. I just love Olaf so much. Not to mention, we were twinning with sunglasses and couldn't get his own personal ones off the table. We tried so hard.

Luckily, Gabi and the character attendant bonded while this happened since she was from Melbourne, Australia which is where Gabi studied abroad for a semester. Bri unfortunately was just kinda there until we took a photo lol

After that, we went directly from there to Mama Melrose's. We might've gone on Star Tours since we might've suddenly had more time but I have no proof. All I know is eventually we ended up at Mama Melrose's.

It was pretty popping over there despite being the most hidden away table service location. Gabi and Bri were a little nervous about asking if they could add me but I assured them and said I would ask with them if they were so concerned. Luckily, it was no problem. They did tell us it might result in a longer wait as a result of adding me, which we were fine with at this point. We did check in a little early too.

We ended up not waiting long at all and were brought to our table within about 10 minutes.

I took the worst of worst notes on this day so I really can't give you much info on our waitress or the exact timeline of our meal. I know our waitress was fairly nice and was great when it came to splitting the meal. Gabi and Bri were on the meal plan and again, this was part of their Fantasmic package. I however was paying OOP and was added on last minute. I asked about my cast discount, but unfortunately I had just missed the time for which I might've been able to get it. Darn.

I was trying to save money so I only got an appetizer and a cup of water. The appetizer I got for my meal was the calimari.

It was so so good. The aioli especially gave it a perfect amount of flavor. I really wish I could've gotten a proper meal at Mama Melrose's. This was quite good.

However, in the midst of eating that, Gabi and Bri had a full meal. I don't remember what they got, but when it got to dessert, they let me have some of their sampler.

Also, really REALLY good. All three samples were very good. I can't remember if the tapioca in the middle or the boba on the right were the best. It was all so so good. Overall, I would make a second visit to Mama's.

They got us in and out rather quickly with no issues with checks as well as getting Gabi and Bri their vouchers so soon enough we were on our way. I had Oga's soon and they had Fantasmic, but they hadn't seen Batuu yet so of course, I had to introduce them to my home planet.

And what better way to introduce them to Batuu then having them try Blue and Green Milk?

Click to watch!

They definitely were shocked by them since it wasn't nearly what they expected, but overall they enjoyed it as you can tell by Gabi walking away sipping away.

We continued walking around a bit, checking out as much as we could. We thought about doing Smugglers Run but that wait was insane so we decided to skip that sadly. Eventually, we did have to part. I had my Oga's reservation and they had to get to Fantasmic. Long hugs were shared and then I was on my own for the rest of the evening.

Luckily, I had a date with Oga!

Click to BOOMERANG!

It was much busier than when I went with Dina and Erin. Good thing I had a reservation, but as a result, it wasn't some empty cantina but packed shoulder to shoulder. As a result of being a solo traveler, I was put at the bar this time. It was also the part of the bar that was lower than the rest, where originally were seats but took those away to make more room.

I had quite the time getting the bartender's attention to order, but eventually I did and was blessed with a Jedi Mind Trick.

I actually hadn't gotten to try this the last time (Erin drank it fast) I was here so I was excited to have my own to myself. It was definitely a smidge stronger than the Fuzzy Tauntaun and as a result, loosened me up a lot more than I expected. I don't think it has that "flavor doesn't match how it looks" aspect that everyone talks about. It was exactly what I expected. It was good. I even suggested it and the Fuzzy to a woman who was right next to me because I did enjoy.

However, the tight quarters we were in were getting to be a bit much. I also was fading fast from a jam-packed two days so I got out of there after only one drink. Still, not an entirely too bad second experience at the Cantina.

After I left, I went over to Savi's to say hi to people. I ended up sticking around since there was a rumor a certain celebrity or two were around. Apparently they might've had a reservation at Savi's. As a result, I stuck around a bit longer but eventually my exhaustion outweighed my need to celebrity hunt so I left the courtyard and went home.

Again, sometimes you just need to rest and tonight was one of those nights. I got home early enough that after a quick cat nap, I was invited over to Adam's place again where I caught this wholesome moment.

Click to watch!

I wasn't there for long, but I thought that's a good enough to end on. Tomorrow, we're right back to work. :thumbsup2

Continue Here

Last edited:
I'm Here For Just A Little Bit Longer
10/13 – 10/16/19: Work And My Extension Acceptance!

October 13th, 14th, 15th & 16th, 2019

I'm gonna get this update out of the way quick because I really don't have much to share in terms of these days, but they fall in an area where I can't tag them onto another update. All I can say is work is work and that was these days. I was doing my usual job, making credits for Oga and Savi. As far as I know, this was actually a good stretch of work.

Especially based on this vid...

Click to watch!

I also found out on October 14th that the extension to my program I applied for had been ACCEPTED! Officially, I was gonna be working on Batuu until May. At the time, I had hoped to be moved elsewhere, but I was gonna take what I could get.

Unfortunately, that extension was cut short, but at this point in time, I was very excited to continue my journey and plan for a long future ahead with the company.

After 4 lovely days with scrap metal, I once again was off! Any guesses on what my plans for this first day off? I'm sure you know.

Continue Here

Last edited:
To explain for those who don't know, the Unmasking The Horror tour is a backstage lights on tour of some of the houses at Halloween Horror Nights.
That sounds really awesome!! How cool that it ended up being three of your favorite houses! Is it not publicized ahead of time which houses you will get to see?

If you weren't aware, that was where they used to film a lot of Nickelodeon shows and way back when Universal first opened, you could tour it as well as be part of the filming of various shows. Just one of the few hidden relics of Universal's past to be found.
Oh, my gosh, that is totally awesome! I was a big fan of All That! back in the day :)

Overall, I cannot recommend this tour enough! Especially if you are an HHN fan but even for the casual fan or someone who is hesitant. It gives you a nice little preview of the houses without spoiling them since the lights are on and scare actors aren't present. It also reveals secrets that might make the event more palatable. Again, I'd totally do this again if they offer it in future years. Hopefully not on my lonesome.
This definitely sounds like a tour I would enjoy. I always love finding out the back story and insider info, plus it makes things seem less terrifying somehow, LOL. I would probably like doing this tour and THEN attending a HHN.

49926192678_71a202120f_c.jpg
I really like this one best!!

Man, I wish you would have been able to pick those up!!!! That would've made an amazing picture!!! This looked like such a fun Olaf interaction :)

A Grey Scale Mess Of An Evening
10/17/19: HHN Night #8

Wow 8 times? Y'all must think I'm crazy. Or are just jealous lol I don't know, that's just my guess.

Yes, I was going back and Adam was joining me once again. I also was doing another look on this night. I decided to do something black and white esque. It wasn't my best look, but it's a concept I hope to go back to fine tune and edit.

Because I went with Adam, we didn't do stay-and-scream and just got there for its actual opening time. I was kinda exhausted of stay-and-scream after my Stranger Things experience. I was fine with just taking the night at the old pace.

I did however bring my DSLR on this night and I made sure to get a good bunch of photos while the sun was still out. As much as everything looks cooler and spookier at night in person, my photos of the scare zones in the day time came out fantastic.

When he beckoned me forward, he banged on the pot in my face. Startled me just a little lol Great scare tactic.

I believe we hit up Universal Monsters first, per usual.

I had not missed that house once since our second night. However, this night ended up being one of our longest waits. We were very confused since I believe it was the middle of the week when we came. However, when we got out, it became pretty clear that tonight was BUSY. Even Killer Klowns had over a half hour wait. It was insane.

Adam and I both had already done all the houses. I, many times over. We weren't in a rush to do the lot of them over again so we tried to avoid the crazy waits and get some food. I also got my Killer Klowns cup to bring my cup count to three. Only Ghostbusters missing now, which was to my detriment since that was the first one to sell out. More importantly, I was finally reunited with my beloved pizza fries on this night!

This might've also been the first night I introduced Adam to pizza fries. Again, I took horrible notes at this point. Either way, we were living for all the nourishment.

Once, we were done, we decided to walk around to see how the waits were. As expected, everything was at an astronomical wait. Depths dropped a little for a moment so we hopped in line there.

Click to watch!

It was also in this line that we ran into my roommate, Carlos. He was there with his friends so we didn't talk too too much. We tried to group up, but his group kinda was already on their agenda so that didn't pan out unfortunately.

After Depths, we went over to Graveyard Games where we made the decision seeing that wait to nix the idea of doing any houses. At least until the waits went down. Back through Springfield to say hi to our favorite chainsaw gang!

Click to watch!

Then, we decided to do something new.

Click to watch!

I have never done Simpsons and with everything else at some crazy hour plus long wait, this seemed a perfect use of our night.

And what did I think of it? I thought it was cute. I wish I had been around for when it was Back to the Future since I have a deeper love for that property, but it's still fun. I think I'd still prefer Minion Mayhem or even Jimmy Fallon, which are very similar, but it was fun. Definitely, a better way to spend our time than just wandering and wondering what to do.

From there, we ended up at Diagon Alley.

Click to watch!

I just love that little hidden gem with the vanishing cabinet in Knockturn Alley. It's such a cool detail. Granted, everything about Diagon is based in hidden gems. Love it there so much.

After Diagon, I decided to stop by a forgotten and completely untaken Knight Bus for a little photoshoot.

We then walked through Hellbilly Deluxe and I got some photos in the coffin photo op in there.

Then, we decided to do something, I never in a million years thought I'd do...

Click to watch!

Yup, we were about to do FAST AND FURIOUS: SUPERCHARGED!

The most infamous theme park attraction ever made. We were doing it. It had no wait so again, why not?

And what did we think?

Click to watch!

Kidding, not even on the ride... YET.

But literally, the best interaction of the night. The pre-show aspect of the ride was wide open just letting people walk through. You didn't have to stop and watch, but the girl in the first room stopped me and asked me to come over then hyped me up for my make-up it was wonderful.

Anyways the ride...

Click to watch!

Not to make this any more suspenseful, THIS ATTRACTION IS A WASTE OF TIME.

Yup, even with not having anything else to do, this attraction still felt like a waste of time and space. As a more educated Universal stan now, I think "THIS IS WHAT WE LOST DISASTER AND GRAVEYARD REVUE FOR?!" It's so bad. I don't even know where to begin. The fake mannequins driving the busses. The fact the most impressive part of the attraction is where they made Vin Diesel as big as a helicopter. It was... so bad. Honestly, do anything else. Take an obnoxiously long bathroom break. Leave Halloween Horror Nights and never come back. Yeah, never again. Unless I was just that much out of options.

When we got out, we looked at times and saw they still were crazy so we tried to figure out what else was a good option. Lucky for us, Marathon of Mayhem was starting soon-ish so we hightailed it over there. Adam hadn't seen this one so it would be a new thing for him.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Perfect way to wipe our palates of the utter disappointment that is Fast and Furious. It also ended up being the last thing we did before we noticed the waits had gone down! Time to get back to some houses.

I can say for sure that we did Ghostbusters, but there might've been one or two others. I remember Ghostbusters since it was in line for that we realized Adam's roommates and other friends of ours were in line. We passed them three times in line before they finally noticed us. It was pretty hilarious. We even took a snapchat to show that we basically were right next to them. It was so funny. We didn't meet up after.

Adam and I were pretty tired at this point. Again, we'd done all the houses so the idea of waiting in long waits just wasn't worth it for us. So I think we stopped in Vanity Ball again.

Click to watch!

Then, we headed out.

Yup, not tired of it. I would be returning real soon.

It was however back to Batuu tomorrow. Gotta love Savi calling me back there haha

Continue Here

Last edited:
First, I have to say a great big THANK YOU, Timmy, for posting so many updates today!! Not sure if you're tuned into anything that's been happening in Chicago, but there are riots and protests and violent looting, etc. going on all around our city, within a mile from my house on all sides as of right now. Your TR has been my escape this afternoon from my obsessive worrying.

I really like this look!!! Your eyes popped so much with the other green look you did, but this is my second fav for sure. Glad that TM gave you a shoutout at Fast and Furious! Well deserved.

I have never done Simpsons and with everything else at some crazy hour plus long wait, this seemed a perfect use of our night.
I've never done it either because all the reviews I see always make it sound so nausea-inducing that it made me nervous!! Did you find that to be the case?!? I loved The Simpsons, so I'd love to give it a try this summer when we actually have more days to visit.....but I don't want to feel crappy on my trip!

After Diagon, I decided to stop by a forgotten and completely untaken Knight Bus for a little photoshoot.
Until a friend of mine posted from her trip, I didn't even realize you could step up onto the back of the bus, or that you could see INSIDE of it! Definitely getting a photo shoot here in July!

It was... so bad. Honestly, do anything else. Take an obnoxiously long bathroom break. Leave Halloween Horror Nights and never come back. Yeah, never again.
LOL, well I was going to ask if we should try if we had time, but I see you've got a pretty strong opinion on that! This is pretty much how I felt after riding Skull Island: Reign of Kong. Yawn.

How fun that your friends got to visit! I love Mama Melrose's. Had a ressie for October that is now cancelled. :(
I did book a trip to Universal at the end of our Disney trip in April! My 11 year old son hasn't been since he was 1, and I haven't been since 2014- so really looking forward to going back!

First, I have to say a great big THANK YOU, Timmy, for posting so many updates today!! Not sure if you're tuned into anything that's been happening in Chicago, but there are riots and protests and violent looting, etc. going on all around our city, within a mile from my house on all sides as of right now. Your TR has been my escape this afternoon from my obsessive worrying.

Hugs! I live right outside of Minneapolis and this week has been just terrible. :(

That sounds really awesome!! How cool that it ended up being three of your favorite houses! Is it not publicized ahead of time which houses you will get to see?

Nope, we were just given the option a three house tour or a six house tour, then you choose the date and a time.

Oh, my gosh, that is totally awesome! I was a big fan of All That! back in the day :)

I'm not sure if All That was filmed here, but a lot of the game shows from way back in the day were. It is pretty exciting to see a piece of that history, despite it being in such a sad different state than it was when it opened. I believe there's also a time capsule buried near that building from when they opened.

This definitely sounds like a tour I would enjoy. I always love finding out the back story and insider info, plus it makes things seem less terrifying somehow, LOL. I would probably like doing this tour and THEN attending a HHN.

You should! I think by being on the tour, that family where the husband was the only one going, I feel it might've made one of them go and try at least one house. The rest of the group, especially myself and the HHN vets, we really encouraged them to just try it out. It's not as bad as you think it is at first. It's all in good fun.

I really like this one best!!

Thank you! I believe I posted that one on my photography instagram with some edits to make it clearer. It captures the feeling of that zone so well.

Man, I wish you would have been able to pick those up!!!! That would've made an amazing picture!!! This looked like such a fun Olaf interaction :)

It was so much fun. I mean, it unfortunately left out Gabi and Bri, but I was having fun lol

I'm glad I could be that for you. It is a scary world out there. I've been seeing a lot of awful stuff the past few days and trying to do my part. I would say more, but this is not the space and I don't want to lose my TR. You've seen my facebook post so I'm sure you know. Please stay safe.

I really like this look!!! Your eyes popped so much with the other green look you did, but this is my second fav for sure. Glad that TM gave you a shoutout at Fast and Furious! Well deserved.

The green look was easily my favorite. I think the grey scale is growing on me now. In person, it looked a bit different though. Thank you though and yeah, she made my night. Queue experience: 20/10. Ride experience: -1000000/10.

I've never done it either because all the reviews I see always make it sound so nausea-inducing that it made me nervous!! Did you find that to be the case?!? I loved The Simpsons, so I'd love to give it a try this summer when we actually have more days to visit.....but I don't want to feel crappy on my trip!

I'm not prone to motion-sickness so I can't really speak on that but the screen is really funky and it is a very "whoaaaa" motion type of ride so it might not be for you. I'd say give it a try and if it gets too much, I feel closing your eyes will get you through it. The motion of the seats isn't very intense, but coupled with the screen I think it could be worse.

Until a friend of mine posted from her trip, I didn't even realize you could step up onto the back of the bus, or that you could see INSIDE of it! Definitely getting a photo shoot here in July!

You should! Also, meet the conductor when he's out there. He's so much fun as is his shrunken head friend. It is such a cool set piece for so many reasons.

LOL, well I was going to ask if we should try if we had time, but I see you've got a pretty strong opinion on that! This is pretty much how I felt after riding Skull Island: Reign of Kong. Yawn.

I would do Skull Island many times over this. Skull Island at least has cool sets and a cool queue (which I need to go back and do in standby since I did single rider the first time and didn't get to see that amazing pre-show I've seen online).

How fun that your friends got to visit! I love Mama Melrose's. Had a ressie for October that is now cancelled. :(

Awww :( It is definitely one I need to go back and get a full meal at eventually.

I did book a trip to Universal at the end of our Disney trip in April! My 11 year old son hasn't been since he was 1, and I haven't been since 2014- so really looking forward to going back!

It's such a nice relaxing break from Disney I feel. It's a much more spontaneous less hectic place. The two parks also remind me of Disneyland, which gives me similar vibes.

Hugs! I live right outside of Minneapolis and this week has been just terrible. :(

Please stay safe too. <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter