Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

I Became A Kyber Crystal Father
1/1 - 1/5/2020: The Last Full Week Of DCP Fall 2019

January 1st & 2nd, 2020

We have officially entered into 2020, WOOHOO! A new year AND a new decade. Big things, big things. Last time this happened, I was on my way to graduating middle school. Crazy, right?

I had done on this day a lot of reflecting on the pass 10 years, thinking about all the good things the 2010s brought and just to inject a little more happiness here, this was my most proudest achievement.

Yup, I did have my prior two program ears with me along with my Disneyland memory box. The DCP really was so important to me, all the ups, all the downs, I wouldn't be who I am right now without having gone to work for Disney in this way. It's a shame this era ended the way it did, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. No regrets.

I was so grateful to be working in the most magical place on Earth and I had that in my head as I went to work. That photo was taken and posted on the 2nd, but the energy was felt as I entered into this year so as far as I know, I came off a weird NYE into some really fabulous shifts. Meanwhile, also packing up since the program changeover was happening soon and since my apartment would be at half capacity, I'd be moving to a new apartment on the 6th. Unfortunately in the midst of that madness, many goodbyes were had and Batuu became quite a barren place.

January 3rd & 4th, 2020

On the 3rd and the 4th, my friend Taylor and I were having our last Savi's shifts together. She had other shifts, but I was getting pulled over to Droid and would be off before she did so we wouldn't be able to get off together and get photos.

First, on the 3rd, as we walked out, we took this photo in front of the Millennium Falcon.

Obviously, that cold was settling in again hence the jacket. We totally thought this would be our last photo.

Then, on the 4th, as we were closing up, Taylor asked if we could get a nice photoshoot by the kyber crystals and what resulted was the cutest little mom and dad photoshoot ever. Dayzee took all these photos and made a lot of the suggestions. We very much had too much fun with this.

Obviously, a really great two days, despite it being busier than expected in the land, but we still know how to have fun.

I also came upon this when I got home to Vista on the night of the 4th...

Click to watch!

Yes, that is someone at like sometime past midnight running around Vista Way in a T-Rex costume. Only at Vista. Only. At. Vista.

January 5th, 2020

Waking up this morning, I discovered that this popped up on my instagram as a throwback...

Yup, 3 years ago on this day, I was headed home from my first program. Crazy to still think I've done 2 programs since, but also that I was in the shoes of many of these CPs leaving. However, I was here to stay so I wasn't too upset, but I'd miss my friends. Especially today since it was the last day for many a friend, in particular, my dear Taylor.

Sadly, I was moved over to Droid on this day and wouldn't be able to work with her one last time in Savi's. Also, Droid was just absolute insanity the entire day. I don't know how I got through the shift. It was rough, especially since it had been a minute when I was last in there. You forget things when your head is swallowed under scrap metal. I made it through and before I left, I snuck into the workshop between shows, gave Taylor one last hug and booked it out before the next show began then headed home. True finesse.

Tomorrow I was off and moving into a new apartment to officially kick off my Spring program. Fingers crossed I'm still in Vista and all subsequently goes well with that.

Continue Here

Last edited:
Congrats on your 3 DCP graduations!!! That's quite an accomplishment!!! pixiedust:

Are you officially done with college, or will you be able to do another DCP once they start the program back up???

That wonderful trash food goodness and HHN meal of my life was back!

I think this is the first time I could actually see the pizza fries. They look…interesting.

Lesley was hanging out right by the entrance so it made it super easy to slip out then slip back in. In her hands, she had a cute little Tokyo shopping bag with this inside.

I know @Lesley Wake and this does not surprise me one bit! She is super generous! I love the bag :love:

Make it last longer, y'know?

Great picture!

I saw Epcot Forever going off over at Epcot. *happy sigh*

I still haven't seen this. I'm kind of hoping it's still around in October…and that I actually go in October.

It was another very difficult shift and in the midst of it all, I didn't have surprise guests with candy canes so I just suffered inside the workshop. It was the worst

That sucks :sad1:

I had never popped a cork before so I wanted to make sure I didn't hurt myself. They were at a friends so they basically all watched me pop this cork. I'm not the most coordinated person so the whole thing was like watching a really terrible gymnastics performance. I ended up fine in the end until I took a swig of it and brought it down too quickly getting some bubbly on the floor. Truly iconic.

I'm sure watching this was the highlight of your parent's and their friend's evening! :rotfl:

Hopefully this second half of 2020 will have those aforementioned blessings lol

Please, please, please 🙏

I think maybe I'll look at this year this way: not all years can be winners, but they can have their winning moments.

That's a nice way to look at it 🥰

I had done on this day a lot of reflecting on the pass 10 years, thinking about all the good things the 2010s brought and just to inject a little more happiness here, this was my most proudest achievement.

That's a lot to be proud of, right there ::yes:::love:

First, on the 3rd, as we walked out, we took this photo in front of the Millennium Falcon.

Dayzee took all these photos and made a lot of the suggestions. We very much had too much fun with this.

These are the BEST!

Yes, that is someone at like sometime past midnight running around Vista Way in a T-Rex costume.

:rotfl2:

I forgot to quote other things, but I love this saying!

Haha, I'm glad someone enjoyed that play on Star Wars lore lol

Congrats on your 3 DCP graduations!!! That's quite an accomplishment!!! pixiedust:

Thank you!!

Are you officially done with college, or will you be able to do another DCP once they start the program back up???

My last semester of school will have happened two years ago come this Fall so no. This was my last DCP.

These pictures are priceless!

Awww, thank you! I was so glad with how they turned out.

I think this is the first time I could actually see the pizza fries. They look…interesting.

Probably, most of the other times it was very dark out. They do have an interesting look, but they are so so good. I wish I could explain it, but there's a reason I'm so attached.

I know @Lesley Wake and this does not surprise me one bit! She is super generous! I love the bag :love:

She really is! And thank you, Oswald is my pride and joy. I'll share some photos of him in outfits soon.

Great picture!

Thank you!!

I still haven't seen this. I'm kind of hoping it's still around in October…and that I actually go in October.

It's such a cute show. If you really love Epcot and its history, you'll really enjoy this show.

That sucks :sad1:

It happens, sadly. You get through it though and I got through it. :thumbsup2

I'm sure watching this was the highlight of your parent's and their friend's evening! :rotfl:

Oh I could tell they were loving it. Offering up input throughout all of it. I'd just wish it had been different friends of my mom's for reasons, but it's still funny to look back on.

Please, please, please 🙏

Right there with you.

That's a nice way to look at it 🥰

Just trying to have the most positive outlook on it all.

That's a lot to be proud of, right there ::yes:::love:

I'm very very proud. I can only hope I'll get to return and continue my journey with the company. :)

These are the BEST!

Thank you! They were as fun to take as they looked.

One of the most normal things I had seen at Vista Way. Seriously.

WE'RE NEIGHBORS NOW?!
1/6/2020: Spring Moving Day!

The end was truly nigh on this day. Although my program technically ended on the 9th, at least before I got my extension, the switch over for me and everyone who extended happened on the 6th so I had been packing for days getting ready to move. All my stuff had been moved out to the living room and I woke up extra early to get myself ready and finish up for the big move.

The way they set up the switch-over was not favorable. It used to be that you'd find out in advanced whether you were staying in your apartment the find out where you were moving to prior to the move. Now, you had to specifically request to stay in your apartment, if you wanted to do so, before moving then they'd confirm your staying beforehand, but if not everyone had to move and you'd only find out day of where you were going. This meant, if I was to switch complexes, I'd find out that morning and have to move there in the time allotted to me which wasn't a lot, especially if I were to be in The Commons or Patterson since there were very few busses going there which meant potential long walks to move my stuff. I put Vista as my top choice, all things considered, fingers crossed I'd stay there and even more crossed that I wouldn't somehow be put in an apartment with my roommate, Zach. Yup, I lived with him that entire program even after things got salty.

Luckily, they didn't force us into an apartment together, but I found out later that he was living with a friend of Will and Carlos's. But anyways, when I went to check in, I found out I was still gonna be in Vista Way! And it wasn't too too far from my apartment either. Vista 3812 was where I was gonna be and after three programs in a 4 person, I was in a 6 person now. Big big change.

On the way there, Zach was also moving and he ended up being in the building beside me which scared me at first, but after this day, I never saw him regularly again except two times I was at MK but I never had to interact. Thank goodness. The biggest positive to come out of Spring 2020 possibly.

Carlos and Will were at work in the midst of all of this so I never got to see them all morning though I believe I got texts during the day from the both of them in case I never got to have a formal goodbye. Mostly they were asking partly to see if Zach was still with me to which I happily confirmed was not the case. No more dealing with that roommate messiness.

Back to my new apartment, it was basically the same as the one I had since it was on the third floor so I got the wide open living room with a big window. It also was a bit more upgraded than 1910 so that was a positive. Again, it was a six person so it had the one bedroom at the front with the walk-in shower like in my 4 person, but the back had two separate bedrooms with one bathroom that had the tub rather than the one bedroom with the tub. I ended up taking the one closest to the living room since the other two bedrooms were already taken. I ran into no one during my move. I believe I heard the shower turn on but that was it, nobody was awake it was so early (either that or they had already left for work). By the time I was finished moving, I got a message from Dina saying she had gotten moved to Vista!

Yup, my best Batuuan buddy was now gonna be neighbor! Literally. She was right across the way from me. If I had stayed in my same building, we would've been right next door. It would've been fabulous. We were so pumped. Rowan had driven Dina over so they moved fast while I had been up all morning moving stuff. Lucky her. We were both finishing up around the same time so Dina invited me to join them at Chick-Fil-A for lunch. I had a few more things to move than I would join her.

Once I had made my last move, I took a final look around my apartment to make sure I had gotten everything. One last photo of my room for the road.

Then, one of my front door as I headed back to the Service Center to drop off my old key.

When I got to the service center and turned my key in, I also officially got my new ID for the spring program. Original departure date written on it and everything. *sad sigh* If only I had been able to stay that long.

I then went to my new apartment, 3812 to configure myself a bit more. When I walked in, I ran into my first of the many roommates I would be living with. Manuel was an ICP who had just arrived and who I actually worked with in Galaxy's Edge. He was from Peru. In talking with him, I also met his roommate Pepe, another ICP who was from Brazil. Pepe worked at Haunted Mansion during his program. They were an interesting duo to say the least. They only stayed until the beginning of February where after they were soon replaced by some domestic CPs. We'll go into the comings-and-goings of this apartment a bit more later. I didn't talk with them for too long since I had some things to deal with in my room and had to get over to CFA soon. Manuel and Pepe ended up leaving for work in that time.

On my way out, I also ran into Ryan. Ryan I had actually met before at a party at Adam's. He worked with Matthew in Studios as Custodial. He lived in the room by the front door. He however self-termed that night so I never technically lived with him. I did eventually move into his space eventually with his roommate, but I'll discuss that later. He was a strange one so in the end, his self-terming was for the betterment of everyone in that apartment, especially his roommate.

After I talked with him, I headed out and went directly to CFA. By the time I got there, Dina and Rowan had basically already eaten so I think I only ended up getting a shake. I usually don't give my business to CFA for valid reasons, but sometimes I slip. Today was one of those few times. We hung out in there for a bit, talking, venting about work and such until we realized how much time had passed. Rowan drove us back to Vista then I hug out in Dina's place, meeting one of her roommates. We just chilled in her room for a bit until we decided that in celebration of living in Vista, we should head over to Springs for the evening. We did have the day off for the move so why waste it just moving? We, of course, didn't want to leave our apartments and rooms a mess so we planned for in a few hours as to clean up a bit.

When I got to my apartment, it was still empty which was perfect for my introverted socially anxious self. I went right to work and actually managed to get everything set before Dina and I headed out to Springs. I also got to quickly see my new roommate, Drew. It was the strangest introduction ever. Based on the fact move-ins had finished, I had assumed I wasn't gonna get a roomie until the Spring crew came in, but then Drew showed up, threw a pillow, a comforter and a pack of Bud Lights under his bed then left. Don't worry we actually got to formally meet later, but gosh him and I living together was akin to my rooming situation freshman year of college. In short, it did not make sense, but that's what happens with randoms. Of course, there was some room rearranging but again I'll talk about that more later.

I finished up getting everything organized and in a good place, Dina mostly unpacked, but we decided to head to Springs anyways. Emily was also moving on this day. She unfortunately wasn't as lucky as Dina or I and had to move to Chatham, but she found someone to give her a ride so she got it all configured. Her and a friend of hers joined us, but they didn't meet us until we got to Springs.

I'm kinda fuzzy on what we did at Springs. I know my big thing was I needed a new MagicBand. I had hoped I'd maybe uncover my SWGE one while I was moving, but I didn't find it anywhere. At Springs, I ended up ordering a cute new pink Baby Yoda band. Don't worry, I still have this. As much as it's not a LE band, it feels like the perfect replacement for my SWGE one. Again, still kinda hoping maybe it will show up magically.

But look at how cute it is!

Click to watch!

We also at some point during this night got some Poutine at the Daily Poutine.

We did some other eats too. I know once we met up with Emily and her friend earlier in the night, we all ended up with Sangria and Margs at Frontera Cocina. I might've gotten Starbs I'm not sure. Again, we just took it as a slow night. I know Dina and I ended up jamming on our way out to these guys.

Click to watch!

We had a good time at Springs just window shopping, drinking and all that other little fun, but it was short. We were tired and we also still had to meet the rest of our roomies so Dina, Emily, her friend and I headed out rather early. On the way home, Dina and I came up with the crazy idea to go bother Carlos and Will so before meeting our other roommates, we checked up at my old digs in 1910.

We both were texting Will when we banged on the door. We ended up chilling with them a bit. It was really great to have that one last night with them. We didn't stay too too long. It was really cool having the apartment with just the three of us even if I was teased for what went down with Zach to the point I ended up going in to clean my room. They ended up telling me not to. Eventually, I hugged Carlos and Will for one last time, or at least Will since he was the only one leaving the company (Carlos was seasonal in Entertainment), then Dina and I left. My final goodbye to 1910. Dina and I walked to her place then I went back to my 3812, the new place. The new beginning.

When I got back to Vista, I came to what sounded like a pretty energetic apartment. Of course, I was having issues with my key getting back into the apartment so I made quite the bumbling entrance, but it was upon this I met everyone together including the last person I had to meet Klay. Klay was Ryan's roommate and eventually my roommate when I moved into his room after Ryan moved out. We became fairly close at one point. He worked Custodial at Yacht & Beach. Him, Drew and I were the only three who remained in the apartment until the parks closed. We did get new roommates in either late January or early February. I can't remember the exact timeline, but this apartment changed a lot over time. Klay was the only person in 3812 who had been there since the beginning of his Fall program so it had a history.

From the short time I talked with my new crew, everyone seemed pretty chill and was really great. As far as basic roommate stuff, this was a pretty great group. There was one scuffle, which I'll get into later, but for the most part, very clean, always respectful. I got very lucky in the second half. Major upgrade from the issues I had with Zach. Could not complain.

I believe I talked quite awhile with Klay on this night, which was how we started becoming good friends and eventually being his new in-room roommate. However, everyone didn't have my late night energy so after he went to bed, I did too, falling asleep with good feelings about how the Spring was gonna go. Only posivibes thereon out.

Continue Here

Last edited:

Starting That Theme Park Life Again In 2020!
1/7/2020: Back To Universal Again!

As luck would have it, I was given two days off in a row here. One day for moving and then the next day just to have off. I believe I slept in quite a bit today. The day before was pretty exhausting so I definitely recall waking up being the only one in the room.

I might've gotten my hair cut on this day, but I can't be too sure. I just know eventually at some point, my brain suddenly went "I want to go to Universal" and so I went to Universal. It wasn't a long day there so this will be relatively short, but yes, this was the first park I went to in 2020. A great choice in my opinion.

Click to watch!

As you can probably tell, it was VERY quiet over at Universal. Unusually so. It was like someone flipped a switch and suddenly the floor dropped out on about 60% of the visitors that were there during Christmas. It was a nice change, trust me, but it definitely threw me off.

I even ran into better changes that I hadn't seen in a minute.

Click to watch!

It was like they rolled out the red carpet just for me.

And what attraction did I do first upon my return?

giphy.gif

Forever my favorite attraction. It never gets old. I might've done a few rounds on it since it was so dead.

Once I was done, I headed on deeper into the park, passing some entertainment along the way.

Click to watch!

I've actually never seen the Blues Brothers. *shrugs*

However, I clearly was headed to a certain place in particular.

Click to watch!

I truly missed her the most. My one source of serotonin lol I'm kidding... or am I?

Not too drag this visit too long, as much as I would love to, I'll just say that my first show of 2020 and the 2020s was pretty fantastic. Also, with it not being as busy, I got a fabulous seat.

Click to watch!

Always a worthwhile visit with Alex Ross and Marty James (Or Mark James).

From there, I went back out into the park and was feeling a bit hungry so I decided to see if maybe by some happy coincidence that Pizza Co. was opened so I could get pizza fries. Unfortunately, it was not the case, but nobody was over there so I took the time to get a cute photo with Woody Woodpecker. The icon himself.

I don't remember where I got food or if I just starved during this visit, but I have no photos. My guess is I got some tacos from the Bumblebee Man Taco Truck. You can never go wrong there. Except that time they said they don't take the AP discount when I've used it there before? Yeah, that was an interesting conversation.

Eventually, I believe I ended up at Men In Black which was deader than dead. As in, a walk-in on all sides of the line. I'm pretty sure I might've gotten a vehicle to myself. It was so much fun. I definitely did more than a few rounds on this. For someone who doesn't like these game style rides, this one stands out. Sorry TSMM and Buzz, you can't compete with the MIB.

Click to watch!

I don't have any photos from this point on. I believe I ended up leaving since the parks closed rather early on this day if I recall. This is their slow season, as it used to be at Disney, but with Galaxy's Edge that is certainly not the case anymore. During the slow season until Mardi Gras began, their hours weren't the greatest so if you got there as late as I did, you couldn't do much. It was super chill, but I was in and out of there quick.

I don't remember what happened when I got back to Vista. I think I might've hung out with Klay and Drew again. I'm not sure. Either that or I hung out with Dina. Again, I took terrible notes I'm so sorry. All I know is I was back to work the next day and like I said, it definitely wasn't off-season at Disney. Not even close.

Continue Here

Last edited:
Back to my new apartment, it was basically the same as the one I had since it was on the third floor so I got the wide open living room with a big window. It also was a bit more upgraded than 1910 so that was a positive. Again, it was a six person so it had the one bedroom at the front with the walk-in shower like in my 4 person, but the back had two separate bedrooms with one bathroom that had the tub rather than the one bedroom with the tub. I ended up taking the one closest to the living room since the other two bedrooms were already taken. I ran into no one during my move. I believe I heard the shower turn on but that was it, nobody was awake it was so early (either that or they had already left for work). By the time I was finished moving, I got a message from Dina saying she had gotten moved to Vista!
That whole moving process seems stressful to me! Not knowing where/who you will live with until that morning! And even after moving into a place! (I am lucky enough to never have an actual room-mate as all my dorms were single rooms.)
At Springs, I ended up ordering a cute new pink Baby Yoda band. Don't worry, I still have this. As much as it's not a LE band, it feels like the perfect replacement for my SWGE one. Again, still kinda hoping maybe it will show up magically.

But look at how cute it is!
Very cute! I got the same one but in black!

I also officially got my new ID for the spring program. Original departure date written on it and everything. *sad sigh* If only I had been able to stay that long.

:sad1:

I ended up ordering a cute new pink Baby Yoda band.

I love that! Baby Yoda looks so cute on the pink background :love:

We did get new roommates in either late January or early February. I can't remember the exact timeline, but this apartment changed a lot over time.

This gives me anxiety just thinking about living with five strangers on a rotating basis :scared1:

That whole moving process seems stressful to me! Not knowing where/who you will live with until that morning! And even after moving into a place! (I am lucky enough to never have an actual room-mate as all my dorms were single rooms.)

Yeah, it was not my favorite at all. I've luckily spent most of my rooming life in single rooms too since that's where I was most of college (and I was the oldest and only boy so I got a room to myself for awhile), but I'm glad to know how to live with someone in a room with you.

Very cute! I got the same one but in black!

Thank you! OMG TWINS! lol

I would've been there for my 24th birthday too :(

I love that! Baby Yoda looks so cute on the pink background :love:

Awww, thank you! I love it so much.

This gives me anxiety just thinking about living with five strangers on a rotating basis :scared1:

In total, I had 8 roommates on the second half of my program. Add that to the three from the first half: 11. And I know this number was much higher for Klay. 3812 was a wild place.

AND Dot Dot Dot
1/8 – 1/9/2020 & Beyond: Working & Personal Life

tumblr_inline_mftwfmstSs1rvw81k.gif

Of course I couldn't resist a little Mamma Mia reference. I mean, it's not exactly direct but "Dot Dot Dot" just seems to be the perfect way of describing the trailing off this TR will kinda leave on.

I'm gonna be honest, this is a rather photo sparse update. It was just working after all and I have nothing to report back on that was significantly good or bad. I know it wasn't easy, especially since it kicked off the CP gap, which is a term we use to describe when the CPs leave and staffing drops drastically before the new group of CPs come in. Stress levels definitely go up as well as hours, so it's a difficult time to say the least.

Anyways, just to give you context of these days specifically, if I hadn't extended the 8th would've been my last day off (last days in the parks) then the 9th would've been the day I moved out.

This meant these days were my old roomies', Carlos and Will's, last days in Vista. I didn't get to see Will off, but Dina and I after work caught Carlos leaving with his new housemate (who was really cute). I did see Carlos once or twice later in the program. It wasn't often since he was only seasonal and we weren't super close to begin with, but our friendship still remains as does Will's.

Dina and I were still hanging out right up until the original end dates of our programs so as far as January 9th, 2020 and Fall Advantage 2019 is concerned, we ended on a positive note.

Now, I don't want to leave you hanging there so I'm gonna give you a quick look at what happened since that day on a more personal and work-related level. It will give you a bit of context for the wrap-up as well as to understand some absent presences on my social media during the Spring.

The CP gap came in and eventually 1 day off weeks were a thing again. Officially.

giphy.gif

It was hard, but you have good and bad days. We also had many new Savi's gatherers in the process to cover the CPs who left, which added a new struggle. Not only did you have to be sensitive to their learning process and adjustment to Savi's, but you also had to make sure the operation was as consistent as it was before. You wouldn't think that with how long Savi's was open there wouldn't be too much of a change of pace, but there was. Not to mention, other areas in the land were suffering from the loss of CPs so I was pulled elsewhere often, which put me in the same shoes as the new Savi's crew. It made me understand working in the land a bit better, but it wasn't always fun. All-in-all, I just needed to get through the struggle and I did, yay!

giphy.gif

CPs also didn't leave all at once and I had more goodbye later on. Rowan, Dina's friend and our co-worker in Savi's, left near the end of January. Adam's roommate, Matt, also left around that time and I spent quite a bit of time with him before he left. Kyle from 3609 also left, but we weren't close and I didn't get to say goodbye. I've kept in touch with Matt a lot since he left and we've gotten much closer since. 3609 did get two new roommates, but I never got to know them well like I did the original crew of Adam, Kyle, Matt, Herman, Chris and Danny. I was over there often still and Adam & I still hung out quite a bit.

In terms of my own new apartment, Manuel and Pepe's program was very short so they were gone by February's start. There was some drama with Manuel and I, but that was petty stuff and he did apologize to me. I left on good terms with both of them. For a few weeks, Klay, Drew and I were the only ones inside 3812. By this time, I was moved in with Klay. I believe I was only living with Drew's for two weeks. He was on his own for a whole month essentially. ANYWAYS, when the Spring crew came in, we got three new roommates, Jonathon, John and Tony. They were a pretty nice group but vastly different individuals.

Jonathon was the youngest at 19, but we became fast friends. We even spent a day at Universal together, the only time I ever spent a full day in a park with a roommate. We even planned to hang out elsewhere, but that never ended up happening. We bonded over our love of musical theater and Beyoncé. We also were the only two openly gay men in the apartment so it was almost an act of solidarity, our friendship. We still stay in seldom contact. He was sent home as well because of the pandemic. Before that, he was a lifeguard at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Tony was what one might call a CP of another era. Before him, I was the oldest in 3812 but he was about twice my age. He was friendly enough, but he eventually came off very curmudgeonly and kinda started stepping on everyone in the apartment. It kinda resulted in less of us bringing friends over. He was friendly, but almost too friendly. I was probably the nicest to him and most understanding, however even he got difficult for me. He was however very clean, like way beyond my standards, so never had to worry about that with him. Before COVID-19 hit, he was a costuming CM at Magic Kingdom. Tony lived with Jonathon for the record.

John, the last and the silent member of the apartment, actually worked in Galaxy's Edge with me. It didn't change much about if we became close or not since I rarely would see him even on-planet. He did drive me home once, but that was about it for interactions with him or anyone in the apartment. Even Drew, who lived with him during the short time he lived with us, barely knew him. He also ended up being the only one of us who had no intentions of returning once COVID-19 hit. Again, that's all fine and he was very friendly, but he very much kept to himself.

Drew, Klay and I definitely had a nice roommate relationship through all of this. We all were basically on the same page with everything. I might've been a bit more stingy, but they understood. Drew and Klay hung out in similar friend circles so they were together a lot. Drew and I were just from two different worlds. He was a guy's guy and I floated in a predominantly female circle. We both could chill and vent about work, but that was it. Trying to relate to each other outside of being recently graduated college students was tough so we didn't force it. When we did, we withdrew and tension formed so we left it where it was. All for the better and we left on fairly good terms, but no contact.

To explain how things went with Klay and I, I should start with talking about someone else very prominent and important.

To keep it short, Dina and I had a falling out not long after our Spring program started.

giphy.gif

It was rough and one of the worst I've experienced with a friend. I'm not gonna go into details since it is quite personal, too personal for even a trip report. I will say for a time, Dina, Klay and I became close. I introduced Dina to my apartment since I knew she'd be over a lot and this eventually resulted in them becoming close as well as Klay and I became close. Then, slowly, things backfired, resulting in Dina and I no longer remaining friends. We're not even friends on social media. Klay and I still remained friends, but there was tension. Him and Dina also had a falling out so basically the friend group was left in pieces. I'm still dealing with what happened it was so traumatizing, but yeah you won't be seeing or hearing from much of her in the future sadly.

Klay and I do still talk on occasion, but there is disconnect. Again, what happened shattered a lot and although we've decided to remain friends... it didn't mean either of us forgot what happened. In short, we've grown apart, but in terms of what I discuss later, you will hear about Klay a bit more in the wrap-up.

I also had a long time coming fall out with Sydnee. I think that's important to mention. Not every friendship is meant to last. We did fall out on nicer terms than Dina and I though.

With all of this going on, I did become closer with Adam, Cassidy and Aspen. Again, Adam was nearby so I hung out at his place pretty often. He sadly was sent home like I was due to the on-going pandemic, but he has since returned to FL with his boyfriend. Adam's gonna be working with the third party that is doing the temperature tests at the parks so you might see him around if you return. Cassidy and I continued our regular days out together, including one of my last two days. Cassidy did end up leaving Disney due to a heavy course load. She now works as a part-time Team Member at Universal, specifically at Ollivander's. She is still furloughed as a result, but fingers crossed she gets to go back soon. Aspen moved out of Vista, but still remained a CP until the end. She still lives in FL and is still unemployed as far as I know. Just waiting and hoping for Disney to reopen so we all can return. I keep in regular contact with all of them.

I also should mention that in the switchover to Spring, Kaitlyn (@Newsies) came back down to FL for her second CP where she was living the dream as a Character Attendant! We hung out a bit initially, but we were on very different work schedules after so it was hard. We did get another proper 'See ya real soon' to each other, sadly it was too soon. She will make an appearance or two, just you wait, and yes, we talk to each other pretty regularly as we have since 2016.

One last thing. Adam and I actually did have a pretty concrete plan to move in together once our Spring programs ended prior to knowing about COVID-19. We both planned to transfer into PT or FT and stay in FL. Adam even found a potential third roommate for the perfect apartment set-up. Again, all has since fallen through, especially since Adam went back and now has a job. Despite some interpersonal drama going on elsewhere, things were looking up otherwise, making the rug being pulled out from under us all the more harder to take.

Hopefully I'm not missing anything that would be important to mention before I start the wrap-up. All-in-all, I'd essentially describe things in the Spring portion of my program as weird. I didn't vibe with the new CPs and because of everything I mentioned above, it was kinda lonely. It was definitely just going through the motions and prepping for things post-program so when I was sent home, it in a way almost felt like nothing was worth it. Especially now. I'd just keep that in mind. Still, I wasn't gonna let a more future-driven point in life stop me from having my fun. No sir. You'll sense a different atmosphere, but I made sure to not let the many lows stop me from having highs.

I definitely went on a wild tangent here that I'm sure you didn't expect. I'm sorry if that might've been oversharing, but you'll see it was necessary before I go into the wrap-up. As I mentioned earlier, January 9th, 2020 was when the Fall program technically ended for me so that was where we'll end the true reporting part of this report. However, I feel I'd be remiss to not talk about Spring 2020 in a more colorful fashion since taking my word for it seems like a tease.

Please stick around, we're not finished yet.

e3RN4_.gif

Continue Here

Last edited:
Tony was what one might call a CP of another era. Before him, I was the oldest in 3812 but he was about twice my age. He was friendly enough, but he eventually came off very curmudgeonly and kinda started stepping on everyone in the apartment. It kinda resulted in less of us bringing friends over. He was friendly, but almost too friendly. I was probably the nicest to him and most understanding, however even he got difficult for me. He was however very clean, like way beyond my standards, so never had to worry about that with him. Before COVID-19 hit, he was a costuming CM at Magic Kingdom. Tony lived with Jonathon for the record.
Though he sounds nice enough, that would be a but awkward! Such big age gaps!
It was rough and one of the worst I've experienced with a friend. I'm not gonna go into details since it is quite personal, too personal for even a trip report. I will say for a time, Dina, Klay and I became close. I introduced Dina to my apartment since I knew she'd be over a lot and this eventually resulted in them becoming close as well as Klay and I became close. Then, slowly, things backfired, resulting in Dina and I no longer remaining friends. We're not even friends on social media. Klay and I still remained friends, but there was tension. Him and Dina also had a falling out so basically the friend group was left in pieces. I'm still dealing with what happened it was so traumatizing, but yeah you won't be seeing or hearing from much of her in the future sadly.
Oh man, I'm sorry about that! I totally get it - had a falling out in HS with my best friends of 4 years so I spent my last months mostly alone or flitting from acquaintance to acquaintance.

Somehow, I have still not managed to see Frozen 2!?! Seriously. Revoke my DIS card!
I haven't seen it either. LOL!

The celebrity guest narrator tonight, in cased you missed it before, was but Disney Legend, Ming-Na Wen!
OMG! I am not telling Joe this. He would be so jealous as he LOVES her, especially on Shield. Do you watch that Timmy?

Though he sounds nice enough, that would be a but awkward! Such big age gaps!

It was a very odd position to be in.

Oh man, I'm sorry about that! I totally get it - had a falling out in HS with my best friends of 4 years so I spent my last months mostly alone or flitting from acquaintance to acquaintance.

It was not fun and hasn't been fun since. Luckily I made many other friends, but being in quarantine makes it hard to really maintain and cultivate healthy friendships. It makes you question a lot.

I haven't seen it either. LOL!

Both of you, watch Hamilton on Disney+ then Frozen 2. TODAY.

OMG! I am not telling Joe this. He would be so jealous as he LOVES her, especially on Shield. Do you watch that Timmy?

I watched a little bit of it, but it couldn't keep my interest. She was easily one of the best parts though.

A Little Peek At My Spring Program
Wrap-Up Part I

I'm gonna start sounding like a broken record or I'm just a Spotify bop on repeat, but I think I'd really be remiss if I didn't share with you at least a brief overview of my Spring program. There was a lot I got to do, a lot changed as I explained before and yeah, these programs aren't all sunshine and roses, but I would make the best of it.

There also was a lot of food being tried but I'll save that for another update since it definitely needs its own.

First, I think I should reveal what Disney park was the first of 2020.

It was the first and only time I did end up visiting DAK in 2020, but I'm glad I snuck her in. She has always been the baby I protect and love the most. I wish I could've gotten maybe one more ride on Everest, but at least I can say I did in 2020.

Of course, this was only the beginning. Although I only spent about 3 extra months in 2020, I still lived it up as best I could. You can't not make memories when you can go to the Disney parks (and Universal parks) at your leisure.

Festival of the Arts 2020

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

If you know me, you know I've been DYING to go to Festival of the Arts forever. I remember when it was added to the Epcot festival line-up right after my first program. Ever since, I just knew I was gonna make a point to go as often as I could and I did.

I got to see three of the Broadway concert series. The first was the 4 person final show day for Heidi Blickenstaff, Gavin Lee, Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White, which was fantastic. I also got to see one of my performer friends from the workshop doing their Disney Parks Blog thing. I love seeing my Kembe friends elsewhere, they are the actual best. Aside from that Broadway concert series, I also caught Kara Lindsay and her husband perform on two separate occasions then met them both after. Needless to say, that was almost a religious experience even if I made a fool of myself in front of them. Not to mention, it was crazy windy on that night for some reason. Overall, I was so happy to have finally experienced those concerts.

Aside from that, I got to sample some food and drink (which I'll talk about later in another update), had my long-awaited reunion with Kaitlyn (@Newsies) followed by one with my roommate from my first program, Kemuel! It was just a party seeing everyone. I also booked Kaitlyn and I reservations at Garden Grill, a place that I hadn't been since 2010 on my first trip ever to the parks. While not as great as I remembered, Kaitlyn and I really needed that 'treat yourself' moment. That whole day in general was just a practice in self-care, seeing some of the best people from our old program, getting to celebrate the Arts.

I also did make a few purchases from the Arts booths. Both at the Wonderground Gallery. First was the Marie phone case because MARIE. Unfortunately I don't use it anymore since I got a new phone and it was pretty cheaply made so it chipped fast (No more D-Tech for me). I also got the Tiana and Lottie print because TIANA & LOTTIE. Clearly I'm predictable.

I think it's easy to say that FotA was a major highlight and I'd say my favorite festival with F&W a close second. Mostly because the food is still the superior.

Mardi Gras 2019 (25th Anniversary) at Universal Orlando

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Feet don't fail me now, feet don't fail me now

As you can guess from my last updates, I spent the majority of my time in 2020 at the Universal parks. When you had an Annual Pass and many friends who were also willing to go, why not? Of course, this led right into their next big event: Mardi Gras!

As a big New Orleans-phile and Creole-food-phile, this had me so pumped and it quickly became one of my favorite things to do at Universal. Needless to say, I acquired many many beads and drank myself silly many a times. Cassidy and I also attended the Flo Rida concert on the second-to-last night the park was opened before the initial closure. We sadly never got around to getting to ride one of the floats, but oh well, we still had fun.

Aside from that, I finally got to conquer some attractions I'd been meaning to ride: The Hulk and Jurassic Park River Adventure! The Hulk quickly became a favorite and a must-do for me. Aside from Horror Make-Up (and maybe Mummy), it was the one attraction I made a point to do on my last night at Universal. It's just so much fun and it usually has such a short wait. That's a light 'usually' since I once waited over an hour one day with my roommate, Jonathon. We ended up singing Hamilton to pass the time funnily enough (Happy Hamilfilm day!). That also happened the day that we did the River Adventure, which unfortunately was during all that construction, but I enjoyed it. That drop though... that definitely got me more than I expected. But hey, now I have a water attraction that I can ride without worrying about getting unbelievably soaked. We also one night rode Jimmy Fallon for the heck of it and I can't say it's really all that awful. It's not great but I'd take it over Simpsons and Transformers.

Another cool thing I got to do, which I got to do when Adam and I went, was doing the special television study they do next to La Bamba. Cassidy and I tried early on, but we came on a day where we didn't fit the demographic. Adam and I went back when we spent a day in the parks and we lucked out. It was super cool. Super cool to receive a $20 Universal gift card that eventually went towards the Luna Lovegood wand I got on my last day at Universal.

Clearly I'm very much in love with the Universal parks. And if you were also wondering, yes, we did talk HHN a lot in these parks. Many times with the Team Members we came across.

Continue Here

Last edited:
Wrap-Up Part II

Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway Preview And Grand Opening

Click to watch!

Studios did not just stop with the big openings after Rise. Oh no, we also had Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway! And thanks to our favorite Disney exec, Josh D'Amaro, we got a cast preview! I ended up going to the preview with Klay and Drew. Drew rode it before us, while Klay and I did it together. We all agree it's cute and fun, but it's not a ride I'm particularly hype about. I love the homages to GMR, but I still miss GMR. I've accepted she's gone, but I'll forever say she didn't need a whole attraction re-do, just a massive upgrade with new movie scenes. Again, that's neither here nor there, we can't go back in time and Mickey & Minnie's hasn't hurt anyone so I'll take it.

I also got to be in the park a little bit during my preview day which resulted in me trying the Breakfast Ronto Wrap, adopting a Porg and finally getting a Droid backpack for R5-T9. I did however have to work and unfortunately followed up a pretty fun morning with an awful shift in Droid. I'm not gonna go into details, but it was busy and at one point all my fingers were bleeding. Not fun.

I will say the day of M&M's opening was pretty fun! Cute photo ops and I got to sign the special sign that hangs backstage at Studios commemorating the opening. See if you can find my name in the photo I posted of it above. Pretty exciting I was there for so many big openings on this program. :-)

Rise And Shine With A Comp Ticket

Click to watch!

As I'm sure you know, I was blocked out from Studios during this part of my CP. The only way to get in would be with a special comp or buying a ticket. Thank goodness I still had my comps from my Disneyland program and what better way than to Rise and Shine for the Resistance!

I got up the earliest I ever had and somehow managed to get a boarding group on my first try. I enjoyed my day off as one does getting to rope drop ToT as well as sit around in WDP and some other things. Then, finally, I was called to go ride Rise and WOW. There are only two other attractions that have elicited such an emotional reaction from me: Flight of Passage and Hagrid's. Yup, she's up there. I'm not sure I can put into words how incredible ROTR is, but it was worth it to use up a comp ticket. 20/10 would do again.

Flower & Garden Festival 2020

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I only got to spend one day at Flower and Garden during this part of my CP, mostly due to how much I was at Universal at this point. I also had been to F&G before way back in 2010, which was before they added a lot of things, but it just wasn't a priority. Aspen and I did make a point one day. We also stopped at Port Orleans so I could get my hands on some beignets. I ended up running into @Jenny Sanders and her husband, Joe, there, which was a nice quick meet. Funny how we just stumbled upon each other that time whereas we chased each other around Epcot that first time lol

At Epcot during our short stint at F&G, we got to sample some foods, admire a few topiaries then spent the evening inside the Seas watching a diving group explore the massive aquarium. It was mostly a chill day, partly due to the fact I had come down with something at this point. No, it wasn't COVID-19, but it definitely made me look like patient zero to everyone I passed at the time. God forbid one also gets sick just because they are around people constantly at work. Despite not doing much, I'd say my one day experiencing F&G 2.0 was a solid one. There was a lot I still wanted to do, but Epcot days for me are for the relaxation and that's what we got.

Movies Seen At The Disney Springs AMC

One thing I really miss since being in quarantine is not being able to regularly go see movies. I'm a huge cinephile and love being able to go to the theater, load up on concessions and see a movie on the big screen. It's why I had AMC A-List for a hot minute. I also loved doing this specifically at the AMC in Disney Springs since it usually had some cool grand openings. It was just a fun theater and a good place for me to get away from the craziness.

I only saw three movies during the last three months: Little Women (the Greta Gerwig remake), Birds of Prey and Onward (yup, I even caught that one). I enjoyed them all immensely. I cannot recommend them enough. Little Women and Onward made me cry like no other, especially Little Women. I originally meant to see that one twice I enjoyed it so much, but that unfortunately didn't happen. I did however start reading the book, but I put that on hold since it was a hard book to read while working, very dense read. But back to the movies, it should be said that Birds of Prey is easily one of the best superhero films I've seen in a minute up there with a lot of Marvel movies. Needed to put that out there. Don't sleep on Margot Robbie, children.

Onward did end up being the last film I got to see before I left and I'm in the minority of how much I liked it. It's on Disney+ though so I hope you've formed your own opinions on it. I'm glad my DCP not only ended in a Disney park, but also with a Disney movie prior.

Continue Here

Last edited:
Wrap-Up Part III

Last Day In The Disney Parks As A CP

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Easily the most bittersweet and saddest day of all. I'm not even gonna fully re-hash what lead up to this day. I've never cried so much in my life over my last two days in the parks then everything that followed. Nothing worse than finding out your hopes and plans for the future were upturned by one email that actually ended up in your junk mail so you find out through BlogMickey via Twitter. Worst day ever.

Of course, my last day in the parks came two days after, which began with me waiting in a massive line at Costuming to return all my costumes. One positive, everything was there and I won't be charged for any missing items. It still was the saddest sight. You could tell the morale had dropped out on everyone.

I managed to not break down for awhile that morning. I stopped in Sunset to get an autograph book to leave backstage in SWGE and said my goodbyes to some of my old co-workers including my trainer, Les. Then, I headed to SWGE where I snuck into Savi's Courtyard and broke down almost immediately then was attacked hugs by everyone. Needless to say, that courtyard was flooded with tears by the end of the day. I eventually got myself together enough to pull my coordinator and Taurus twin, Jackie, to ask her if I could possibly get into a show if there was an opening. She then whispered in my ear, "Timmy, if you want to get into a show, I will get you into a show." I nodded through tears and sniffles (I was still very much sick). After more emotional moments with a lot of my Savi's cast, I finally got to choose my scrap metal style and paid for it (*I should add it was with some financial help from some very generous donors*).

Yup, I got to build my own saber and it was everything. I originally planned to do this on my 24th birthday in May, but obviously that wasn't gonna happen so I did it today. I even had another co-worker, who was in the park with her family, there to take photos. I cried a lot and after months and months of helping who knows how many guests build then activate their sabers, I finally activated my own. It was so special. After I got to hug all my co-workers who were in the show, including ones who were waiting backstage for the show to end. We even got a cute photo of the group of us. It was so emotional, but it meant everything and I ran out just before the next group came in.

The rest of the day was a lot of that same energy. They opened Studios up to CPs, you just needed your housing ID and they would let you in. Many attractions and places across property were pouring out magical moment after magical moment for CPs. Personally, I got to ride Rise early in the morning as well as got free Green Milk. They even let Dayzee and I into Fastpass when we went to meet Ariel then later on for Mickey at Town Square. Oh and yeah, when I met Ariel, I also got to see our beloved Kaitlyn in her blueberry best.

I'm also happy to see that not only was I able to get into Savi's, every CP who came up trying to get in did. That included Dayzee and many other CPs who worked in Savi's. The day luckily had many cancellations so spots were opening left and right. It was as if the world knew. Also, after Rise stopped letting CPs ride in the morning, they ended up announcing a special event for Studios cast to ride in the evening. The SWGE CPs in the end did get to ride. Sadly, many SWGE CMs still haven't, but at least they covered some bases.

It was just an incredible day. It reminded me how much I loved this company and what an amazing cast I got to work with every day. As much as it wasn't the end to my CP life I had hoped for, it was still a wonderful way to say goodbye and a day I will remember for a long time.

Farewell Breakfast At Chef Mickey's With Kaitlyn
& Some Final Looks At The CP Era

Click to watch!

After the adrenaline rush of my last day, I still had a few days left before I flew home. Originally I was gonna have someone drive me down to my aunt's place, but because I was sick she was too afraid to bring me there. It was understandable but also made me sad to know I couldn't stay nearby. I found this out the morning after the last day the parks were opened when Kaitlyn managed to snag us an ADR at Chef Mickey's. One last farewell meal.

I'm sure it goes without saying, but Kaitlyn and I were absolute messes at Chef Mickey's. We both cried through the whole breakfast, as you can see with how red and puffy we looked in the photos, had unbelievably long hugs with each character who stopped by and just struggled through a fog as we tried to eat. Minnie was the highlight as she spent all the time with us, comforting us, getting us to wave our napkins during the celebration and such. She even signed some cards for us to take home. Then, she also got the attendant to bring us out some special cupcakes. It was another day of that special magic.

Kaitlyn left not long after that meal ended. She got out of FL much quicker than me, which was for the better, but the switchover was just so fast. You could see everyone getting out that day including half my apartment minus Drew, Klay and I. Klay left the night before I did while Drew left the same morning, but he had a car so we said our goodbyes the night before.

I didn't leave for another few days. I had a flight booked back to NH already since I was supposed to go home for my sister's senior musical, which has since been cancelled and watered down to a concert performance. I just rescheduled that to go home in a few days. In prepping, I slept most days, tried to eat as much food as I could so I wouldn't have to throw away too much when I left, hung out at Adam's apartment, saying goodbye to who I could and figuring out people to take my stuff that I couldn't bring with me on the plane. I had to leave a lot back in FL including my newly constructed saber and R5-T9 who are still there as of today. All I had to do during these days left me emotionally and physically drained.

My co-worker, Matt, was nice enough to offer to drive me to the airport after taking a good bunch of my things a day prior. Many co-workers of mine opened up their houses to CPs who needed it or offered storage space. I had so much so Matt AND another co-worker of mine took care of some of my things for a time (currently in the process of getting it all back). Again, it was incredible the outpouring of love and support for CPs from other CMs.

It was a difficult morning that March 18th, 2020, leaving Vista Way. The place was practically barren when I left. Thank goodness I had Matt with me, who was very gracious and patient with all I had to do upon leaving. He played show tunes and we talked about the new season of Drag Race all the way to the airport. It was exactly what I needed to distract me before I was left to my thoughts waiting in MCO then a 3 hour flight home.

I held back tears the entire time I was in MCO. It was so final at that point, I struggled to keep it together. My emotional state eventually got the best of me and I indulged in some retail therapy by purchasing a Minnie Mouse plush, as you can see above. Not long after that, I was flying home and that officially ended an era. CP Timmy closed the chapter.

Sorry to end once again on a dour note. It's hard to look back on all of that with any semblance of positivity. Even though I said I wouldn't actually document this part of the program, especially considering where things went, I felt there were some things that I'm sure you'd enjoy hearing about or just to know. I'm an open book person so I don't like to leave too much to the imagination. I hope you enjoyed seeing into where the rest of my program went, despite it being more of an overview than anything. I know I specifically left out food stuff, but that will be the next update.

Stay tuned for maybe what we'll call the closest I'll get to a Dining Report update. Wooooooo, excitingggg!!

Continue Here

Last edited:
We also stopped at Port Orleans so I could get my hands on some beignets. I ended up running into @Jenny Sanders and her husband, Joe, there, which was a nice quick meet. Funny how we just stumbled upon each other that time whereas we chased each other around Epcot that first time lol
We were so happy to see you!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter