Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

😭 😭 I can't even imagine the sorrow you went thru... This is not how a "Happily Every After" TR is supposed to end... 😭😭 Even knowing how the TR was going to end, I'm still sad... 😭😭

I hope you're reunited with your saber and R5-T9 soon!!!

Thank you for sharing the good and the bad of your DCP and may all your dreams come true!!! pixiedust:

We were so happy to see you!!!!

So great to see you too!!

I will definitely get to them, I promise.

I expect a five paragraph critique on both in my PMs with proper citation to prove it. ;)

😭 😭 I can't even imagine the sorrow you went thru... This is not how a "Happily Every After" TR is supposed to end... 😭😭 Even knowing how the TR was going to end, I'm still sad... 😭😭

I hope you're reunited with your saber and R5-T9 soon!!!

Thank you for sharing the good and the bad of your DCP and may all your dreams come true!!! pixiedust:

I like to think the Happily Ever After is just pushed off a little. We'll get there eventually. I'm still grappling with it, but I can promise I'm doing all I can to look upward and onward.

I do have the hilt of my saber, just not the case and blade. R5 is on her way as we speak as is a lot of things. Only things still in FL are the blade and case then some books I had to leave behind.

You're very welcome. Don't think this is really the end yet. I have too more wrap-up updates planned so stay tuned! :teeth:

I Might Be Skinny But I Promise I Eat... Some Really Weird Food
Wrap-Up Part IV

Originally, I was gonna put this with the last update but I realized there was a lot of food pictures and a lot of food to discuss so I'm gonna give you my first ever FOOD EXCLUSIVE update. It will cover the Mardi Gras dishes, the dishes I sampled from the two festivals I attended (Flower & Garden and FotA) as well as three separate sit-down meals.

I'll start with the sit-down meals to get those out of the way.

Garden Grill - Lunch

If you've been following the TRs since the beginning, you know this was a family favorite back in 2010. Back then of course, it only offered dinner reservations. Now, they offer reservations all day long. I've heard mixed opinions about this place as well as little things here and there that it doesn't hold up as well as a non-"dinner exclusive" venue.

I personally still enjoyed it. It didn't jump out as much as I remember. It's very basic Thanksgiving faire. It's really good and really hearty, like it's not laxadaisically made. I was helping myself to as much as I could, taking advantage of that fabulous family style service. It's still as good as it was years ago, it just doesn't stand out to me. I have a very adventurous palate so this doesn't pique my culinary interests, but I was very satisfied. Not to mention, I had a cookie to take home. If I ever needed some more easy faire, this would still be the place to go in the parks.

Kona Cafe - Lunch

In the midst of a lot of the craziness in my personal life, I decided to use one of my dining coupons and booked myself a lunch for one at Kona Cafe. This was a huge and new experience for me. First, it had been some time since I went to a more traditional dining experience. I mostly went to character dining or themed dining like Whispering Canyon. Today, I was just gonna have a nice quiet meal at Kona and yeah, I splurged.

For an appetizer, I got the Seafood Coconut-Curry Soup (if you want to follow with the photos above, I put them in order of when I was served them). I'm a total... somewordicantsayonherebutifyouknowyouknow... for curry. Any kind of curry, I will devour all of it as quick as possible. This was no exception. It was so so good. Unfortunately, it really was as small as it looked so I finished that fast. Also, with the bread they serve you, it tasted good with that. So far so good.

Next, we got to the main entree in which I got the Polynesian Tuna Nicoise. This was one of the Chef's recommendations and I cannot seem to find it on any regular menu. It was pretty good. It was a cold fish dish so it was a bit of a weird change to the warmth of the Curry, but I really liked it. Everything was cooked really well and tasty. It had a lot of interesting flavors that I didn't expect to be mixed together or in a dish like that. Also, I LOVED the presentation. When food looks and tastes that good, it's truly a winner. I however was an anxious mess seeing the warnings about "uncooked fish" and such, but I still managed to really enjoy this. I'm not sure if I preferred it to the curry cus CURRY, but it was good for what it was and filled me up just right.

Normally I end after the main course, but I was offered the option of dessert so I went for one of their dessert glasses. The one I chose was the Key Lime option. It was so refreshing. Nothing super special as someone who used to have frozen Key Lime pie on the regular when I was younger, but I enjoyed it. It was a small little thing and left me in a sweet good mood.

Honestly, in retrospect, this was probably the best of all the meals I got to do through my entire continuous program. I loved dining on my own, despite being a little self-conscious at first and noticing that they really didn't get to me fast and were much more preoccupied with the bigger groups, I'd for sure do it again. That day was very much, a focus on myself and let myself process today. It also resulted in an impulse purchase of the cutest plush ever. Plushies are such emotional support for me so I tend to acquire many. Thought I'd just include him here because I love my Thumper baby.

Chef Mickey's - Breakfast

I'm gonna keep this one short and sweet because we clearly weren't there for food. We were there for the characters. The food was secondary. It's the quintessential Disney character dining experience. Fantastic characters, but the food is meh. It's basic, nothing special and usually lukewarm. I wasn't impressed. I'm glad I did it once since Chef Mickey's is pretty iconic as a character meal, but yeah... that food is nothing to write home about. The end.

And now onto the more festival based dishes... and drinks...

Mardi Gras

Click to BOOMERANG!

As I've mentioned before, I LOVE Cajun food. New Orleans is at the top of my list of cities to visit next in the US (if we're going international, Tokyo takes that cake but that's irrelevant). I would live of jambalaya, beignets and gumbo during my Disneyland program so this was truly a return to form at Universal's Mardi Gras.

In the end, I only had Jambalaya (with a Cajun Blood Mary) then some King Cake. All foods I've had before in my life so it was just a matter of if it was good. For the most part, it was. The King Cake was rather large so I struggled to finish that, but King Cake is still really good. I didn't get the baby inside sadly. Granted I'm not sure they do that since it wasn't advertised as to what you'd get if you found it. *shrugs* The Jambalaya was also pretty good. It also let me try crawfish for the first time which I was excited about and that was neat. It tasted just like lobster, which I love so I was in heaven. I'm not sure anything beats the Ralph Brennan Jambalaya I used to get from DTD at Disneyland, which is hard since Ralph Brennan's does everything in true-to-form New Orleans fashion (I have NOLA friends who say that's the closest you'll get to true NOLA cuisine when not actually in the place). This was however good and I was living.

Now, I also want to discuss the drinks since I drank A LOT at Mardi Gras. I basically got a different drink every time I was there. The specialty drinks were such an upgrade from HHN in general, not watered down in the slightest.

The ones I tried were Carnival Lane, Babycakes, Cajun Bloody Mary, High Seas Twister and a little bit of Blue Voodoo (sips from Cassidy). Personally, my favorite was Carnival Lane. It tasted like a sweeter version of a warhead, but it was alcohol. It was the one drink I got more than once. Babycakes was pretty neat since it tasted exactly like a babycake. The High Seas Twister and Blue Voodoo were basically straight vodka and tequila, which I LOVED. The only one that wasn't all I had chocked it up to be was the Cajun Blood Mary. I got it as a pairing to my Jambalaya and my biggest complaint: SALT. They overloaded onto the edges of the drink so it was impossible to enjoy anything in the cup. It was my first Blood Mary ever and my roommate (my 19 YEAR OLD ROOMMATE) told me to be cautious, but I was adventurous so I went in with an opened mind. That salt made it so difficult, but otherwise it was decent. I think in terms of the more "breakfast drinks", I prefer Mimosas, but I'm not totally turned off by Blood Marys. I just know I can't do it with salt again. YUCK.

Epcot International Festival of the Arts

I only have two things pictured, but I did have more than that. I just neglected to take photos of the rest. I apologize so just imagine for those, but I'll do the pictured first.

First up is the Deconstructed BLT from The Deconstructed Dish, which was the first dish I had at FotA. It was pretty good. I'm weird about eggs so I wasn't all in on it, but it was cool. I'm not sure I'd get something like it again.

Next was the Sushi Donut from Japan, which was probably my favorite just because of sheer size (it was HUGE), but it also tasted good. It's pretty regular sushi just in donut overstuffed form with a lot of different sushi flavors. I really loved it. Probably the most bang for your buck item at the festival.

Last of the photos above, I also got White Chocolate and Purple Sweet Potato Mousse from Decadent Delights, which was good. It wasn't too rich and just a nice level of sweet. Also, the presentation was actually really pretty despite how awful that photo is. I think the sweet potato mousse was my favorite. Definitely a pretty solid dessert.

Other than that, I also got the Shrimp Ceviche from Decadent Delights. I don't remember much about this so it really wasn't memorable I'd say. Some part of my brain says it was disappointing. Oh well.

Then to round out the dishes I got from FotA, I got the Sopas de Barbacoa from El Artista Hambriento. I don't remember much about this other than that I got it when I was with some SWGE friends chilling in World Showcase. I then ran off from them to go wait to meet Kara Lindsay and Kevin Massey. It was also windy. I do think it was good, but nothing spectacular. There really weren't heavy hitters at FotA, but I was there for the art, not the food. We save that for F&W.

Now, I did also try a drink from Decadent Delights, which was called, get this, #RainbowSherbetGlitterDreamAle by Playalinda Brewing Co. Yup, that sounds PERFECT for me, right? Despite it being a beer, that sounded like the drink for me, right? Well yeah, but was it? NO. Ugh, this just proves I do not like beer. Sorry that aftertaste just does nothing for me. It was a cool drink to look at especially with the way sun bounced off it and the GLITTER. I wish I got more pictures of it. But yeah, not for me. Beer will continue to be a no-go. I'll stick to my wine and mixed drinks.

Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival

I mentioned before I only got to spend one day at F&G with Aspen. That was it. We still did some major damage over there. Again, some items are not pictured according to my passport.

To go over the pictures, first I'm starting with a non-F&G item. Before we went to Epcot for F&G, I made us stop at Port Orleans French Quarter for a Beignet Sundae! Someone had posted about it somewhere and I just knew I needed it. It was beautiful, but it was a lot. I enjoyed it a lot, except it melted rather quickly and made the beignets a bit too soggy. I think I might stick to regular beignets after that, but if you want something fun to try out, check it out at POFQ.

Next, the pies de resistance of F&G: Frushi! It was the one thing I knew I had to try so I made quite the point to get it. It was really cute and I think the most aesthetically pleasing dish I came across at F&G, but... I was not the biggest fan. It was really sweet and I ate it quick, but everyone hyped it up to be this amazing thing. I however just prefer regular sushi. Also, pineapple in it might be a factor since pineapple can be very hit-or-miss with me, usually miss. I'm glad I tried it and I know Aspen liked it. I however... I'm not in any rush to get it again.

Then the other big hitter, the Violet Lemonade! I liked it. I'm not sure there's much else to say with that one. It's good and refreshing. It's a lemonade slushy. How can you complain? Ok, next.

From what I didn't list, I know I ended up with a free Local Wildflower Honey Mascarpone Cheesecake since they messed up Aspen's. Either that or she couldn't finish it. It was pretty good. Not sure if it was my favorite cheesecake, it was a bit on the rich side.

Paired with that, we both got Honey Wine offered at the Honey Bee-stro as the booth was called. I don't remember anything about this. I'm digging at my brain for what it tasted like but I can't remember a thing. Usually that means I either drank it too fast or didn't care for it. Take that as you will.

And with that, we have covered all the food I tried. I'm really glad I tried more food during this program than I did in prior. Usually I'd be close to starving myself, but this time I indulged myself, saved up and got to some fun tasting. I still think F&W still has the best options for food, but it's not to say there were some good options at the other festivals, they just clearly weren't the focus for those festivals.

Before we go, I'll also give a shout-out to Steak & Shake here, which I had never tried before Klay, Drew and Dina dragged me out to it one late night. Some of my favorite comfort food. Not to mention, pickles from Wawa! Enjoy this photo of a Steak & Shake Red Velvet Shake. YUM!

This ain't the end here either. No no no. I have one last update for you all that I'm sure you'll all enjoy. Hold out one more day, loves. It'll be worth it.

Continue Here

Last edited:
Oh the pressure, LOL!!!!
Jen xo

Good luck haha

Thanks for sharing your story Timmy! pluto: You kept it real! I hope you make it back as a Cast Member very soon! pixiedust:

It's my pleasure to share it, but it's not over just yet. :) I have one more update to write so stay tuned. I'm glad you've enjoyed it this far.

I hope I do too, fingers crossed hiring is back on sooner than we think .

Long time lurker on your TRs, first time commenter! I'm so glad you got to make a saber and that you at least got a little bit of magic made before the shutdown. I was at Magic Kingdom the day the news went out to CPs and my heart was just breaking for all of y'all. I hope that you can get back here soon!

Long time lurker on your TRs, first time commenter! I'm so glad you got to make a saber and that you at least got a little bit of magic made before the shutdown. I was at Magic Kingdom the day the news went out to CPs and my heart was just breaking for all of y'all. I hope that you can get back here soon!

Hello there! :welcome: Glad you could come out of hiding to catch the tail end of this. Yeah, I was really glad I got to do that. It was nice to be able to do that one last thing. Hopefully I'll be back sooner than we think though it seems unlikely. Fingers still crossed. :-)

Well, that'll teach me to go on a weeklong road trip!!! But I enjoyed my first night back at home catching up on your TR!!

Then, I got the classic Zinger Mountain Melt. Zingers are basically a Central Florida classic because of Miller's Ale House. If you ever get a chance, you have to stop by one and try it. It's GOOD.
Miller's Ale House opened by our house a year or two ago, and I had ZERO idea it was a chain until recently!!! We LOVE zingers and a mountain melt is seriously AMAZING!

Also, I love the tree they have at UO. It's so big and full. I might like it more than some of the Disney trees.
I'm so bummed that we didn't end up doing the Christmas tree challenge (or whatever it's called at Universal!!) Apparently there is a scavenger hunt of sorts that you can do between the two USO parks' Christmas tree displays. When you complete it, you get an ornament. And it's FREE!!!!! I was so bummed we forgot to do it when we visited!

I'm so glad that despite that area of Lost Continent being just space at this point (they're literally using the Sinbad theater as a rest spot now)
Those characters definitely add something to the area, but She-Ra was the big winner for me!!!!!

And yes that is Sloppy Joe Mac N Cheese. Much better than you think it would be.
Oh, my delicousness!!!!!!!

The line however was massive so we had some waiting that resulted in much show tune belting including Dina giving us a walking alongside the car performance of "Defying Gravity."
Yes, please!!!

Funny story about this day, @missjackiemcg and I were in the park at the exact same time yet never once ran into each other. Too wild.
I mean, seriously. I still cannot believe this. It's almost as awful as not running after Max Goof himself on the cruise!!! It's like I missed him TWICE!!

And with that, let's celebrate some Grinchmas!
I was bummed we missed out on this show, but with only one day to see it all, we just didn't squeeze it in!

I know many people absolutely adore it, but for me... there are better Christmas shows and I'd much rather meet the Grinch or the Whos than watch them in a stage show.
I'm glad to hear you say that, so I don't feel as bad for missing out! I have to say that the Grinch and the Whos who attend the breakfast are INCREDIBLE, so I'm thinking we did OK for ourselves!!

I knew it was gonna be a rather long wait, especially since it was still pretty drizzly out. Good thing today wasn't a selfie day because my hair was not in the best shape. Luckily, where the line was when I first got in, I could watch the Christmas Hogwarts show.
I can't even believe how close we were to bumping into each other here,especially!! As if it wasn't bad enough we missed each other all day!

Ironically, Jackie was actually watching this too after she decided to ditch the idea to ride Hagrid's. IMAGINE if one of us had made the opposite decision than what we actually decided to do. IMAGINE.
UGH!!!!!!!

giphy.gif
My favorite :)

Unfortunately, my smiling and trying to exude as much positive excited energy as possible wasn't enough to defeat the large family I was with with one kid who was put right up front so I wasn't able to have my wand choose me today.
Of course. However, I'm hoping the new COVID set-up will work to our advantage. It seems that right now, you can go to Ollivander's and get a timed return for your party, and even specify which person should be chosen. We'll be back for Jimmy's birthday. I'm hoping to surprise him! (He is very intrigued by Hagrid's umbrella wand we spotted on Facebook yesterday!)

We had a wonderful ride with E.T. I believe Alex might've gotten the bike with E.T. on it and we also had E.T. clearly say BOTH of our names. Ugh, nothing like E.T. truly. We stan one of the only opening day attractions left at Universal.
I LOVE E.T.!!! I'm still waiting for him to say my name. Hopefully July is a winner for me!

Lesley's generosity knows zero bounds
AGREE completely!!!!! She was generous enough to pick up a Shelly Mae pouch for me, and a Mickey one for Jimmy. I didn't realize the two of you had met up on this trip. She and I were supposed to have a dessert party together that I ended up bailing out on :( But we did meet up for a few minutes in front of the castle!

You would've never known that there was alcohol in our systems lol (Until I did a sad little cartwheel on the grass that is)
A perfectly executed cartwheel ended in the destruction of my favorite pink Sony Cybershot a few years ago....somehow I recall there was alcohol in my system as well....

If only we knew how awful this year would turn out to be, but at the moment, the possibilities seemed wonderfully endless.
:( I agree! We were celebrating at the Pixar Friends NYE party at the Contemporary and feeling the very same way!

Hopefully this second half of 2020 will have those aforementioned blessings lol Yeah
I sure hope so!!! Every time I have rescheduled my April WDW trip, I have been thinking the same thing...I NEED this trip to reset 2020!!

I've actually never seen the Blues Brothers. *shrugs*
TIMMY!! If I have to watch Frozen 2, you MUST watch Blues Brothers!! :) LOL

Cassidy did end up leaving Disney due to a heavy course load. She now works as a part-time Team Member at Universal, specifically at Ollivander's.
Oooooh, good to know!! If I happen to see her, I'll name drop my pal, Timmy! :)

Easily the most bittersweet and saddest day of all. I'm not even gonna fully re-hash what lead up to this day. I've never cried so much in my life over my last two days in the parks then everything that followed.
This was the saddest social media day I've ever seen, especially your live post :( I cried right along with you. It was quite literally the saddest thing I've ever seen.

The King Cake was rather large so I struggled to finish that, but King Cake is still really good. I didn't get the baby inside sadly. Granted I'm not sure they do that since it wasn't advertised as to what you'd get if you found it. *shrugs*
Mmmmmm, I love King cake!!!! When we visited Mardi Gras World on Jimmy's first trip to New Orleans in 2018, I actually got the piece with the baby in it :) They let me wear an authentic Mardi Gras crown!!!! It was a serious highlight!!

It was the first and only time I did end up visiting DAK in 2020, but I'm glad I snuck her in.

Good choice! :thumbsup2

This cracks me up because I'm sure I'm guilty of standing on that thing! :rotfl:I get a little dizzy and nervous, especially near the end of it and don't want to go flying off!

Clearly I'm very much in love with the Universal parks.

I see them in your future :goodvibes

I will say the day of M&M's opening was pretty fun! Cute photo ops and I got to sign the special sign that hangs backstage at Studios commemorating the opening. See if you can find my name in the photo I posted of it above.

::yes::

I got up the earliest I ever had and somehow managed to get a boarding group on my first try.

Awesome!

There are only two other attractions that have elicited such an emotional reaction from me: Flight of Passage and Hagrid's.

Also my top three attractions!

Flower & Garden Festival 2020

Ouch! This hurts my heart since we were supposed to be there March 15th :worried:

I ended up running into @Jenny Sanders and her husband, Joe, there, which was a nice quick meet. Funny how we just stumbled upon each other that time whereas we chased each other around Epcot that first time lol

Oh my gosh, it is a small world after all!

Last Day In The Disney Parks As A CP

:sad1:

Many attractions and places across property were pouring out magical moment after magical moment for CPs.

That's so amazing!

Minnie was the highlight as she spent all the time with us, comforting us, getting us to wave our napkins during the celebration and such.

In my character showdown grid, my top two were Minnie and Tiana. In the end, I had to go with my original love, Minnie :love:

I held back tears the entire time I was in MCO. It was so final at that point, I struggled to keep it together. My emotional state eventually got the best of me and I indulged in some retail therapy by purchasing a Minnie Mouse plush, as you can see above. Not long after that, I was flying home and that officially ended an era. CP Timmy closed the chapter.

What wonderful memories you have though. And I don't think we've seen the end of Timmy doing more amazing things in Orlando…someday. And when you do, I hope you'll keep writing about them because you truly have a gift :hug:.

Well, that'll teach me to go on a weeklong road trip!!! But I enjoyed my first night back at home catching up on your TR!!

Hahaha, well I'm glad you enjoyed catching up on all that.

Miller's Ale House opened by our house a year or two ago, and I had ZERO idea it was a chain until recently!!! We LOVE zingers and a mountain melt is seriously AMAZING!

It's so good. Just nice fun late night out food. Oh gosh now I'm hungry for a mountain melt lmao

I'm so bummed that we didn't end up doing the Christmas tree challenge (or whatever it's called at Universal!!) Apparently there is a scavenger hunt of sorts that you can do between the two USO parks' Christmas tree displays. When you complete it, you get an ornament. And it's FREE!!!!! I was so bummed we forgot to do it when we visited!

Omg I don't think I even knew about that. Wow. Next time I will definitely do that. I love freebies.

Those characters definitely add something to the area, but She-Ra was the big winner for me!!!!!

I really wish I had went to meet her that one time I caught her on Lost Continent. The costuming is PERFECTION, which... not always the case for Universal.

Oh, my delicousness!!!!!!!

I miss Smac so so much. :goodvibes

Yes, please!!!

A moment I will never forget. It also might've been raining lol

I mean, seriously. I still cannot believe this. It's almost as awful as not running after Max Goof himself on the cruise!!! It's like I missed him TWICE!!

Oh my gosh, it would be like you missed him twice, wouldn't it? Hehehe

I was bummed we missed out on this show, but with only one day to see it all, we just didn't squeeze it in!

You didn't miss much.

I'm glad to hear you say that, so I don't feel as bad for missing out! I have to say that the Grinch and the Whos who attend the breakfast are INCREDIBLE, so I'm thinking we did OK for ourselves!!

I met the Jim Carrey Grinch way back in 2016 and that was a thousand times better than seeing actual Grinchmas. I would rather meet him and the Whos than go to see the show again.

I can't even believe how close we were to bumping into each other here,especially!! As if it wasn't bad enough we missed each other all day!

I probably could've jumped the fence and landed on you and that would've been it lol

UGH!!!!!!!

I KNOW!

My favorite :)

The best.

Of course. However, I'm hoping the new COVID set-up will work to our advantage. It seems that right now, you can go to Ollivander's and get a timed return for your party, and even specify which person should be chosen. We'll be back for Jimmy's birthday. I'm hoping to surprise him! (He is very intrigued by Hagrid's umbrella wand we spotted on Facebook yesterday!)

I can confirm this. My friend, Courtney, did it the other day and she said that you do get to choose who gets the wand. She was the one who finally got to do it. She even sent me a video and it's quite quite different from the normal show, but still pretty fabulous. I've heard the reserved times can be difficult to come by so when you go, you've got to grab them quick.

I LOVE E.T.!!! I'm still waiting for him to say my name. Hopefully July is a winner for me!

Give him a weird name or your full name. Try and up your chances :thumbsup2

AGREE completely!!!!! She was generous enough to pick up a Shelly Mae pouch for me, and a Mickey one for Jimmy. I didn't realize the two of you had met up on this trip. She and I were supposed to have a dessert party together that I ended up bailing out on :( But we did meet up for a few minutes in front of the castle!

Awwww, she's so sweet, isn't she? The Shellie Mae must be so cute. And yeah, we did. Again, it was very brief and very late at night. I'd honestly love to meet up with her again back in CA since that is definitely the place where we're both less strung out lol

A perfectly executed cartwheel ended in the destruction of my favorite pink Sony Cybershot a few years ago....somehow I recall there was alcohol in my system as well....

Hahaha, birds of a feather. It's incredible I didn't break anything doing mine. I once gave myself a headache doing a handstand and I was completely sober (and at work lol)

:( I agree! We were celebrating at the Pixar Friends NYE party at the Contemporary and feeling the very same way!

Hopefully something good is coming for all of us.

I sure hope so!!! Every time I have rescheduled my April WDW trip, I have been thinking the same thing...I NEED this trip to reset 2020!!

Something's got to. If not, we can forget 2020 ever existed.

TIMMY!! If I have to watch Frozen 2, you MUST watch Blues Brothers!! :) LOL

I really do need to. I remember I was gifted it as a present sometime ago and still I haven't watched it. I WILL get to it. I WILL!! (Also, I hoped you have gotten around to watching Hamilton too)

Oooooh, good to know!! If I happen to see her, I'll name drop my pal, Timmy! :)

She hasn't been called back yet because she's PT so most likely you won't see her anytime in the near future.

This was the saddest social media day I've ever seen, especially your live post :( I cried right along with you. It was quite literally the saddest thing I've ever seen.

I came upon that the other day and I had to quickly exit out because I can't even watch it. That day was so painful. I'd rather not re-live it.

Mmmmmm, I love King cake!!!! When we visited Mardi Gras World on Jimmy's first trip to New Orleans in 2018, I actually got the piece with the baby in it :) They let me wear an authentic Mardi Gras crown!!!! It was a serious highlight!!

It's so so good. Lol I actually first had it back when I was still in CCD. I've gotten it randomly since and ugh I just love it. That's so cool how you got the baby and they gave you a crown. Gosh, I REALLY need to get to New Orleans.

Good choice! :thumbsup2

Best WDW park. Period.

This cracks me up because I'm sure I'm guilty of standing on that thing! :rotfl:I get a little dizzy and nervous, especially near the end of it and don't want to go flying off!

Lol, I just can't with people who stand directly in the middle and clog it up. I'm also naturally an impatient person who walks unbelievably faster than the average person.

I see them in your future :goodvibes

I still have my AP. I'll need to use it again sometime soon.

:thumbsup2

I felt very accomplished and it was all totally worth it.

Also my top three attractions!

We love queens of taste.

Ouch! This hurts my heart since we were supposed to be there March 15th :worried:

Awww :( I almost went that day, but never got to. Only MK and Studios.

Oh my gosh, it is a small world after all!

It is indeed.

Me that whole day.

That's so amazing!

I also know of friends who got to meet Josh D'Amaro just out in the parks casually. It was a pretty surreal day.

In my character showdown grid, my top two were Minnie and Tiana. In the end, I had to go with my original love, Minnie :love:

That is a quality top two. I would've just left it there and been like IT'S A TIE IDC WHAT THE RULES SAY

What wonderful memories you have though. And I don't think we've seen the end of Timmy doing more amazing things in Orlando…someday. And when you do, I hope you'll keep writing about them because you truly have a gift :hug:.

Awww you're so sweet. They really were and I really hope I get to go back in some capacity. I know for sure I won't stop writing. We'll see what about and where, but there will be future writing, I promise. I love it and you guys have always been so supportive, it adds to the enjoyment, not gonna lie. :)

I Guess It’s Time To Say Goodbye To All Our DIS Company…
Wrap-Up Part V

Here we are, we've finally reached the end of this monster TR adventure. I'm really proud of myself for getting through yet another TR and especially one of this caliber. Documenting every day for 7 months was difficult and as you can tell, not every detail possible made it in. I did all I could to fill in the blanks and now here we are. The end. It's finished.

It's bittersweet because I told myself awhile back that this would be my last Trip Report and I think I'm gonna stick to that promise. Writing trip reports has given me such joy over many years dating all the way back to when I first joined DISboards 10 years ago. They are difficult to start and almost more difficult to finish. They are almost like writing a book (and in the case of my last two, they basically were). It's quite the commitment and so fulfilling in remembering some of the best, most impactful moments of my life. Nowhere else have I been able to preserve memories so well and in so much detail.

Not only that, I've made so many amazing friends along the way. Many have come and gone, but I can assure you, the many that have gone, we still bring up how we're so glad we had the DIS all those years ago. For those still here, thank you so much for all your support and love over all these years. Whether in silence from the side-lines (i.e. the lurkers) and in the hopes my long-windedness brightened your day all the way to those who have found their way into my other socials or at the most, are some of my most trusted confidantes, in the words of Carole King, "Thank you for being a friend."

I thought the best way to close this chapter all considered would be to look back on all my Disney adventures that I've documented. Almost a wrap-up of the decade, a proper closing of a chapter. I do mention that a lot, but my mind is very literary so just bear with me.

Let's jump in this here DeLorean of mine and go all the way back to the end of April 2010, my first trip to Disney ever...

giphy.gif

Ok good, it works. Hope you are all still with me lol

Welcome to April 2010, the start of something new!

It was only a week or so out from my 14th birthday. I believe I'd only had my braces on for a few months at that point. Thank goodness or I'd have to burn the photos lol (jk...maybe) I was graduating from middle school in about a month after we returned home. Big changes happening all around and after years of begging to go to Disney World, watching the same Disney Planning VHS (yup, not even DVD, this was VHS ERA STUFF), researching on the Disney website, etc. My parents finally greed it was time, much to my dad's chagrin. They were waiting until my youngest sister was of age. Alyssa was 8 at the time of this trip and Siobhan was 10. They are now 18 and 21 respectively, Alyssa having just graduated high school. Yeah that's what 10 years does. It was a huge trip for us and to this day, still my favorite vacation I've ever taken with my family. It was such a positive experience and of course drove where I geared my focus career and goal wise as well as creatively for years to come. The parks have changed a lot since 2010 and there are many things I miss from this time, but my memories always stay. It changed me forever, exceeded all expectations and lucky for me, I was returning less than a year after.

DeLorean to February 2011!

Every 4 years, my high school chorus and band takes a trip to Disney, which means one only has one opportunity to go in their 4 years of high school. My opportunity was during my freshman year and I was quick to jump on it. It was crazy though since only a few months prior I had gone on a trip that involved an airplane, now I was gonna be dealing with an airport for the first time basically on my own (we did have chaperones helping, but you did your own thing for the most part).

Not to mention, I had only joined the DIS back in September 2010 and only a little bit prior to this trip did I start writing a TR about my first trip that I abandoned and rebooted when I started the TR for this trip. Yeah, it's confusing, but if you look at the dates of those TRs, they don't line up. I believe it was here I first learned about the DCP and came back to Disney with that in mind.

This was a really fun but shorter trip and funny to look back on since I was not nearly as well-versed and experienced as I am now. I got lost on the monorail and the busses since it was my first time park hopping. I saw Wishes from behind the castle as a first viewing not knowing until months later that Tinker Bell flies out in front. I figured out where Toontown Fair was post-closure. Said goodbye to Snow White's Scary Adventure, my first ever attraction at a Disney park (Disney World's is still the superior to Disneyland's) and my first ever attraction goodbye. My friends finally got me on Tower of Terror and much high school silliness ensued throughout this.

It basically cemented my love, especially after I got to see the backstage area of Downtown Disney now Disney Springs. We were called 'Honorary Cast Members' for the day and from that moment on, I knew one day I was gonna be a Cast Member. I knew it was far off since I'd only just started high school but that's what I was gonna do.

What resulted was a long gap of time between that trip and my next. The next time would be following my own high school graduation a little under 4 years later. In that time, I tried to plan other trips, but alas it was not meant to be until I managed to start making my own money to pay for it. Little did I know what doors that would happen and what would change as I made my last transition in education.

Anyways, let's fly this DeLorean to June 2014.

This was the longest, most grueling trip I have had to date. I don't consider my DCPs necessarily as "trips" as I lived there day-to-day and wasn't really in vacation mode, but "this is my life now" mode. I paid for about half the trip while my parents covered the rest then Nate, my companion on this trip who was my best friend at the time, covered his half. It was a solid week long trip that not only covered the four parks but a day at Universal as well, the first time I had ever gone to Universal. This sadly happened about two weeks shy of Diagon Alley opening to the public, but I finally made it over and that's what mattered.

It was a very independent trip, the most independent I had been up until that point. No chaperones around, just my mom dropping Nate and I off at the airport then we were off. I had to make arrangements with a summer stock show I was in as well as with work. It was a whole adventure in making things work that really helped kick me off into college life and likewise adult life. Nothing in high school could've prepared me for this.

All that being said, while it was a fun getaway for the most part, it was stressful. Nate and I realized very quickly that we were not compatible as travel mates at all. Although we had traveled before with school, this time we were on our own and only had each other. Unfortunately, as far as having fun goes, we have two different ideas. Nate wanted to play in arcades while I wanted to actually visit attractions and do stuff you can't really find elsewhere but in a theme park. Not to mention, he was sick and at one point I thought he might not make it through. Nonetheless, we persevered and even with some low points, we had many great highs including seeing Festival of Fantasy not long after its debut, New Fantasyland and meeting Tiana in her old garden glen (where Mary Poppins meets now). It was also my first trip where I got to meet another DISer. Life has highs and lows, this trip was no different.

When I got home, the tides were clearly changing and I started to find confidence in my independence. It was a really good feeling. A really hard one to process, but necessary.

It would be awhile until I'd return since I was in college and that became such a focus. My first two years at Skidmore were some of the best of my life. I really came into my own and likewise finally opened up about my sexuality, which was a huge step for me. As a result, I finally opened up to people, started to act myself for once, made so many new friends and really felt a sense of genuine happiness. My academics did take a downward turn with the focus on social life since I'd never really had one before (yes, you are welcome to laugh at that), but I felt whole. This change made it all the more difficult for me when I finally got accepted to the DCP and was taking a whole semester off from school, cut off from my friends, which furthermore meant that I wouldn't get to graduate with the ones I knew from day one. But I felt like I finally had my life by the reins and I wasn't letting go. It also definitely tapped into a wanderlust nerve that I hadn't explored before so living out of a suitcase was forever the name of the game thereafter.

DeLorean, stop in Fall 2016, about mid-August...

My dream was finally coming true. I still remember the day when my morning class got cancelled so I was able to sleep in then I woke up and immediately zoomed to my laptop to check my email. It was a month out so I thought I'd be waiting forever, but then I GOT THE EMAIL! And that was it, my dream was coming true. I called up everyone to let them know and have all of it on record. A longtime goal had been reached. I was on my way.

I never truly got to document this program on here aside from a short little TR on a staycation that happened when my family came to visit. I'll give you more details as best I can. It was pretty well documented on my instagram, which I will link later.

Anyways, this program was a huge jump for me. After the initially difficult transition to college (not everything is sunshine and roses, but I got through that part), it felt like starting over again. Living in and maintaining an apartment is quite the adjustment and yeah, I was still not 100% when it came to making friends. I was still very anxious around new people. Add that to the fact that I had some pre-program drama, this program was very lonely. Not to mention, my original role of Lifeguard ended up being an emotional and physical beating that resulted in my re-cast into Custodial which I loved. It was there I started to finally cultivate the friendships everyone raves about on the DCP.

I think of this program more in terms of what I was able to do. I did so much. Three Halloween parties, three Christmas parties, my first Halloween Horror Nights, spending Christmas at the Magic Kingdom & experiencing daily ops, working every single holiday, working all the holiday parties, Candlelight Processional with NPH, multitudes of rare characters, seeing the short-lived drone holiday show in Springs, Moana at Disney Springs, last Main Street Electrical at MK, last Celebrate the Magic, 'Ohana breakfast, the Kitchen Sink, etc. etc. This was definitely the program of character M&Gs which may or may not have been spurned by a desire to eventually get into entertainment, which my roommate at the time was in as an attendant. Meeting them ended up being helpful in a lot of ways in terms of improv, but also getting used to presenting myself around others. It was uncomfortable, but now I love meeting characters. Of course, it has become less frequent over the years, but this was the CP it really started on.

This CP ended in January of 2017 so we'll vroom vroom on over to that point in time.

I miss the old Tomorrowland sign. Yeah, it's better than the Kay Jewelers mess we have now. Sorry about it.

The program ended very emotionally and on a difficult note. Despite a lot of not-so-great things happening on this program, it affirmed my belief that I had to go back. I had to stick around with the company for longer than a limited time internship. It was the right choice to have gone, but it made the leaving even more difficult.

Of course, it didn't end there as things quickly went south upon coming home. Two weeks after I got home, my puppy of 11 years finally passed away. One of the most difficult losses I've ever had to deal with if not the most difficult. It plagued me through a semester of picking up the pieces amongst friendships, communities, myself and academics. Academically, I did get myself back into motion, but at what cost? 2017 started out as a very challenging year.

Things looked up as I entered into what would've been my last year. I was finally able to really assert myself and take care of myself instead of getting myself and others back together. I had some great housemates, great friend groups and was even able to grow the few friendships from the DCP which resulted in a very spur-of-the-moment trip that was another big taking-life-by-the-reigns moment.

We are now arriving in January of 2018.

My dear friend, Raven, who I started talking with on and off again after our program invited me to visit. I was making good money so I said "Know what, let's do it!" I had booked my flights and park tickets for Disneyland that same day. I didn't have a second thought and just did it. It was the most exciting thing I had ever done and I could not WAIT TO GO. First time on a trip that I paid for by myself in full, first time on the other side of the country, first time dealing with a time change, first time traveling COMPLETELY ALONE. It was daunting, but all fear had dissipated. She was gonna let none of that stop her.

The trip unfortunately was plagued by a lot of mishaps. Raven's girlfriend at the time ended up in a car accident so I got passed over to another friend of mine, Kinzie, who lived in LA and originally was just gonna join us on the first day, but ended up being my sole partner on my last evening in CA. That also had its own issues, but overall it was a pretty neat visit. I got to see Hollywood, had brunch in WeHo, spent three whole days at Disneyland and obviously, ate some In N Out (which yes, it's overhyped). The jet lag definitely caught up with me on the last day which resulted in some sour attitude, but gosh SoCal was the place of dreams and traveling like that... despite some weird stomach issues, I liked it.

Without my knowing, a door had opened along with a window.

Let's too a small jump to Summer of 2018, end of May.

Almost as soon as I got home from my trip, I applied for the Summer Alumni program along with the Fall program to up my chances. I then flew through the application process to which 5 days from the date of my phone interview, I was accepted. It was official, I was spending the summer working at Disneyland. Program #2!

I once again had to travel on my lonesome. It was another tearful goodbye from Skidmore since I wouldn't see all my good friends over the past 4 years off to their adventure in the great wide somewhere. Needless to say, my housemates and I had a very emotional morning that day. But we all knew we'd still stay friends and I'm happy to say that we have (see: Gabi visiting during my program).

I really had to up my independence factor since not only did I fly alone, I also had to find transportation from LAX to my hotel in Anaheim. Then, figure out if I could get an earlier room, which I did, as well. It was all a lesson in fending for one's self and being able to live off public transportation, not just Disney provided since I didn't have that in Anaheim. I also made some of the best friends I've ever could've had over there. The most wonderful, driven and accepting individuals I've ever come across were there with me in California and although we were only there a few short months I felt so welcomed. I don't always feel that way in Florida.

I really fell more in love with SoCal and its people on this program. I love Disneyland and a lot of the surrounding Anaheim area, but I got to see Laguna Beach then even returned to West Hollywood for Pride. Since that day, I know that's the place I would love to settle down in and just explore. I might've been born on the East Coast but West Coast was really where I belong.

Also, Disneyland is just my true happy place. One day I'll be able just to wake up again and be like "I'm gonna go get a Disneyland churro and leave today and that's the end of it." Or Paint the Night whenever they bring it back. If they bring it back. WHICH THEY SHOULD.

Unfortunately, the curse of leaving Disney followed me when I left Disneyland. This one got very deep and personal. Way more so than what followed my first WDW program. I'll just say I'm definitely stronger since but it was a hard hill to get over. It didn't mire the amazing summer I had, but it leaves a weird aftertaste sometimes.

I also had to finish school after I returned from Disneyland, my first semester without my original class buddies. It was very hard going back to Skidmore not seeing them. I had some great friends, but it was very clear my college time had come and gone I was ready to move on. The semester was not easy on me in any way. Many friendships were put up to task and I had to grapple with my own overconfidence/ego getting in the way so it was a challenge. I made it through and now I can say I have an official Bachelor of Science degree in Management & Business. Yup, I have it.

Of course, it doesn't hold much for me beyond just certification that I completed my education. It took me only 4 semesters to complete it out of the 8 that I had. I shouldn't toss it aside like I do since most don't have the opportunity, but for how much work I put into to going to college... I wish I would've walked away with something I felt more proud of. I'm sure that sounds super bratty, but I'm gonna go with honesty as the best policy here.

After I left school, it was back to living at home, not something I really had hoped to do. Immediately, I started looking for work which led us to this where this TR began, all the way back in June 2019, the start of Fall Advantage 2019...

We've already discussed my nearly 9 months in FL so I'm just gonna jump to the after and where I'm at now in July 2020. I've been in quarantine since mid-March, writing this TR, finishing it out as I always intended. Things have changed. The world is a very different place from where this journey began back in 2010, heck we can even jump further back than that or forward to when I flew down to FL. I'm on a Hamilton kick (again, if you haven't watched so I'm gonna say that like the Battle of Yorktown, the world turned upside down and it looks like it's not going back possibly ever.

Not only with this pandemic but with the current human rights movement too. I've supported Black Lives Matter since it first grained notoriety back in 2015. Now, it's gaining momentum, which is so nice to here. These conversations and widespread protests are long overdue. It's also really challenged me to look at the world differently, be more outspoken and more prone to do things. Care a bit more and show that you actually care. I've always tried to use my voice and platforms to speak about many human rights issues, but being really in the thick of a massive movement has had me reflecting on what that means more. What that really really means to be an advocate or furthermore, an activist.

Currently I am unemployed with zero luck with the Florida DEO so unemployment payments either. Disney doesn't look like they are going to relinquish their hiring freeze any time soon and my dreams of being an HHN scare-actor might have to wait another year (we shall see on the latter though...). Who knows if we'll have HHN this year. It just seems if I hang onto that, I'm gonna be that 24 year old living under my parents' roof until I'm 25 when I planned to be long gone by now. I'm even gonna need my own health insurance by then. So much pressure and feeling constantly like I'm in a time crunch.

All this has had me on a major period of reevaluation on many levels. Even the craziest of all questions has been brought up, "Do I even want to go back to being a Disney Cast Member?"

I'm not gonna lie I've been leaning towards 'yes' as of late.

Again, the world has turned upside down. A lot has changed since quarantine and working there no longer seems like as positive an option as it once was. I know many of you are really jumping on returning to your happy place with Disney reopening and I'm glad you all are getting the chance to sooner than originally thought. I will say though, most of my cast member friends are terrified to go back. Florida's COVID-19 cases are breaking records daily. As much as they miss their jobs, they all are scared. This also goes for California in an even less dire scenario. We are used to dealing with difficult people on the normal, but now they are potentially dealing with guests who are threatening their health. Someone spit on a Cast Member in Springs after asking her to put a mask on and frankly, that is not the worst I've heard a guest do something like that under normal circumstances. Again, this is not to shame anyone for going back since I know plenty of friends who have been going to Universal and Springs on the regular (and I'd probably be there with them). It's just to say... things aren't feeling right for me and to please just follow the safety precautions Disney and the CDC is requiring of you. They only have your best interests in mind, at least on that front. If you can't, please don't go, for everyone's safety. This is not a joke. A Broadway actor I so admired who was healthy as can be prior to the pandemic lost his life not long before I started typing this. Please wear a mask, social distance, it's not a lot and it is effective. They wouldn't lie to us just to make our lives only slightly more difficult.

Sorry, I went off on a tangent. I just really needed to get that out on here. Again, this whole pandemic has been this endless cycle of waking up and finding a reason to near regret it. To just want to wallow because everything seems to implode and watching how poorly it's being handled where I almost lived as well as worked for possibly quite a few years... I can't say I'm in much more of a rush to go back. Even when my mother considered going down during her vacation, I was the first to say that’s not a good idea. Job opportunities are feeling almost the same.

I've been looking elsewhere. Mostly assistant jobs since I have little qualifications for even entry level, even with my degree and Disney experience. With recent ongoings, I ended up considering non-profits human rights organizations. I even sent in an application for one I'm particularly passionate about. I have a weird superstition about keeping things quiet about jobs I really want, that if I say anything specific about it I won't get it. It's how I always went about applying for all my CPs. Of course, this position is far different from that, but it has me just as excited and invested, which I think is a very good sign.

But yeah, there's a chance I won't be returning to Disney and that's fine. I will always love Disney for so many reasons. Again, just like this little website, it has brought me such amazing friendships or as I like to think, my little second family. In some ways, the family I've always wanted. I'll always be attached, but I want to see the world. I want to make a difference. Make a mark. I've only been out of the US once back about 8 years ago. I've only seen a small portion of the United States. I'm not officially living on my own doing my own thing. I'm ready to do it. I'm ready to break free of fear and really explore, really find the passion that lacked when I graduated college. It's out there somewhere I just need to find it.

Bringing it back to this TR a moment and my extensive catalogue of TR endeavors, I really do love writing. I've loved it since my early years where I'd go through quadruple the amount of writing pages as my fellow pupils in elementary school then go home and fill up journals with nonsense. I don't think I'll ever stop with that. I'm not sure how, but... keep an eye out on those bookstore shelves. You never know... maybe I'll be the next big travel writer...

I recently finished Julie Andrews's memoir where she talked about success and what that means. She said in her experience, it was more about doing what she loved than the reaction it got and honestly I'm really hoping that's how I'll be successful in the future.

As I've been telling many as of late, Disney is still there and always will be there for me. At the same time, I think some cords need to be cut and what's going on might have

I hope in whatever way the tides change in the coming months and the coming year, you'll stick around. You can find me on Instagram and Twitter under the handle @kweentimothyi. I'm always active on there. Same with my Facebook, you can PM me on here or DM me on those accounts. I hope to keep my account on here to continue to read all of your adventures as I've loved reading just as much as I love writing my own all these years.

I'll leave you with one last thank you to you all. Thank you for being a part of a big bright sparkly pixie dusted chapter in my life. Glad to have many of you included in my growing second family.

As one man once said, it's the people that really make the magic.

It's not goodbye, it's see ya real soon... but maybe somewhere else.

Oh and a look back at all of my DCPs on Tik Tok. Enjoy.

The end... or should we say the beginning of our future!

Last edited:
It's out there somewhere I just need to find it.
As passionate and determined as you are, you will totally find your destination.
You have tremendous voice in your writing and I wanted to thank you for sharing your journey with us. You’ve made an impact on me and have helped me get through some worries and stresses with quarantining, Covid etc. as a result of reading your entertaining report. There’s the proof that you’re already making a difference. Thank you for making me smile and good luck! You’ll rock it... with whatever you choose to do! :D

I definitely had to go find you on Instagram. I feel like I’m way late to your party, but would be heartbroken if I had to miss any more of it. I only just stumbled upon this site back in June. I binge read this entire TR, am afraid to admit how long it took me, and I loved all of it. I wish I would’ve known about it before some of my Disney trips. Although you were starting your SWGE training for one trip, but I would’ve loved to have said a ‘hello’ while there in Feb. I can’t wait to continue to watch your future adventures, whatever they may be 💗

Aw Timmy. I hate that everything has changed so much, but I also believe in living a life with purpose and it sounds like you’re finding yours. Theme parks or not, you’ll find your place. I’m gonna hang out in the DCP parent group on FB a bit longer. My girl is hoping now for Fall 2021, but happy with her new job and online classes. I’ll continue to follow you on Insta, but now is your time to find your happily ever after... wherever that may be. I wish you the best of luck in finding it.

Welcome to April 2010, the start of something new!

Awwwww…so cute!

Anyways, let's fly this DeLorean to June 2014.

Tiana 🥰🥰🥰

I miss the old Tomorrowland sign. Yeah, it's better than the Kay Jewelers mess we have now. Sorry about it.

:rotfl2:

Two weeks after I got home, my puppy of 11 years finally passed away.

Aw, I'm so sorry :sad1:

I made it through and now I can say I have an official Bachelor of Science degree in Management & Business.

Congratulations! …I think??? You don't seem too happy about it but it's still a big accomplishment.

Not only with this pandemic but with the current human rights movement too. I've supported Black Lives Matter since it first grained notoriety back in 2015. Now, it's gaining momentum, which is so nice to here. These conversations and widespread protests are long overdue.

🙌

I can't say I'm in much more of a rush to go back.

This. We'll all get back there…someday. I won't go in October if things are looking like this though.

I'm not sure how, but... keep an eye out on those bookstore shelves. You never know... maybe I'll be the next big travel writer...

I can see that ::yes::

It's not goodbye, it's see ya real soon... but maybe somewhere else.

For sure! Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

I have read several of your trip reports (but I am definitely a lurker) and have enjoyed them all. Commenting to say, thanks for sharing your experiences and good luck to you in the future.

Hey everyone!

I will get to your comments in a moment. It really warms my heart all your kind words. Just another reminder of how incredible and loving this community can be.

I mentioned briefly about Black Lives Matter and I wanted to direct you to a new thread that's gaining traction here on the DISBoards that's discussing the potential for a new forum for POC. As long as I've been here, we've always had one for the LGBTQ+ community, which is incredible, but I think it's long overdue for POC. We have a wonderfully diverse community here and I think to ignore that, not offer various groups a space to be more open about their own struggles, is to truly not invest in uplifting this community as these boards have set out to do for many many years.

So far the thread has been filled with discussions to how to add this new forum as well as really insightful conversations about racism within Disney, the theme park community and beyond. I'm still flipping through all the resources being offered, but I am gonna start to gear my energy on these boards to that spot. Here is a link, I really encourage you to check it out: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d-o-c-s-disers-of-color-disney-fans-of-color.3806309/

I'm gonna be leaving this TR open, just to let everyone who wants to catch up/finish to be able to do so and respond. I also might use it to update on new personal projects that you might be interested in as well as maybe other important on-goings I might come across. Again, I am active on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram so definitely follow me/friend me over there (if you let me know it's you, I will follow back/accept), but don't worry I'll still keep in contact. As a Taurus, I'm very good at knowing when and where to cut someone off, that is not here. She is not disappearing without a trace.

Anyways, hope you all have a lovely Tuesday! I will be getting to your comments now.

As passionate and determined as you are, you will totally find your destination.
You have tremendous voice in your writing and I wanted to thank you for sharing your journey with us. You’ve made an impact on me and have helped me get through some worries and stresses with quarantining, Covid etc. as a result of reading your entertaining report. There’s the proof that you’re already making a difference. Thank you for making me smile and good luck! You’ll rock it... with whatever you choose to do! :D

Awww thank you so much for all the kind words. You are so sweet. I really hope you're right about me and I'm so glad this little side endeavor helped you as much as you did. It's been a hard time for all of us and writing this has been so therapeutic, especially considering what happened at the end. I'm glad that has been felt by you as well. Thank you again for your support. :goodvibes

This final wrap up feels a lot like goodbye, but I'm going with See Ya Real Soon! Can't wait to see what you will do!!! :hug:

Oh for sure. We still have to meet up and ride Hagrid's together. :D Thank you for being such an amazing supporter and friend on my TRs, Jackie. I'm so lucky to call you a friend.

I definitely had to go find you on Instagram. I feel like I’m way late to your party, but would be heartbroken if I had to miss any more of it. I only just stumbled upon this site back in June. I binge read this entire TR, am afraid to admit how long it took me, and I loved all of it. I wish I would’ve known about it before some of my Disney trips. Although you were starting your SWGE training for one trip, but I would’ve loved to have said a ‘hello’ while there in Feb. I can’t wait to continue to watch your future adventures, whatever they may be 💗

Oh have you? What's your @, I'll make sure to follow back.

Honestly, it's better late than never. :welcome: I'm glad you enjoyed this so much and thank you so much for your encouraging kind words. I'm sorry we never crossed paths before, but as I said I'll definitely be back at Disney in some capacity so we'll definitely have to meet up then once the world has righted itself a bit. I look forward to it! :)

Aw Timmy. I hate that everything has changed so much, but I also believe in living a life with purpose and it sounds like you’re finding yours. Theme parks or not, you’ll find your place. I’m gonna hang out in the DCP parent group on FB a bit longer. My girl is hoping now for Fall 2021, but happy with her new job and online classes. I’ll continue to follow you on Insta, but now is your time to find your happily ever after... wherever that may be. I wish you the best of luck in finding it.

I'm so happy to hear Ches is still looking to go back. Apparently from what I've heard, I might still be eligible. I'm not positive, but an added year for eligibility sounds like they might have upped it to two years post-grad which is 2021 for me. Again, not sure if that's the direction I will go, but it's an option.

You've always offered the most insightful and wonderful advice and words of encouragement. I still remember the day you messaged me on Instagram when Ches started her program and I showed it to all my co-workers because I didn't want them to think I had lost my mind crying in the break room. Hopefully we'll get to meet one day somewhere lol Thank you for being so unbelievably supportive, it has meant a lot. :)

Awwwww…so cute!

We were such babies lol It blows my mind to think by next year, two of us in that photo will be college graduates and another on her way.

I rope drop for only ONE (1) princess.

AM I WRONG?? lmao

Aw, I'm so sorry :sad1:

It's been 3 years now and we've had a new fur baby for a minute (our little fluff ball named Schuyler (yes, named after you-know-who)), but that was a rough one. Still miss my baby, Tessie.

Congratulations! …I think??? You don't seem too happy about it but it's still a big accomplishment.

Thank you! It is! And I did work hard to finish it out. It's just... a weird feeling and situation that's hard to articulate, but 'congrats' is befitting. Seriously, thank you. <3

Bg0.gif

This. We'll all get back there…someday. I won't go in October if things are looking like this though.

Yeah, hopefully we'll have it under control then. I'd really love to make my grand return for HHN. :teeth:

I can see that ::yes::

Oh stahp. I really do hope something like that might be in the cards for me. :goodvibes

For sure! Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

Thanks for joining along, even if it was at the tail end! I look forward to your thoughts on my DLRCP TR. Also, brb got to catch up on your TR lol

I have read several of your trip reports (but I am definitely a lurker) and have enjoyed them all. Commenting to say, thanks for sharing your experiences and good luck to you in the future.

So glad you've come out of hiding! :welcome: Happy to hear you've enjoyed them all these years and thank you so much for your support. :)

I will definitely miss you, Timmy- but will keep following you on Twitter!

Thank you for sticking around all these years! But we'll definitely see each other around, just no more trip reporting here. I also need the break lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter