Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (NEW - 7/6!)

the2ndstar2theright

DIS Veteran
Thank you so much for sharing your Disney journey with us! I have so enjoyed your TRs and the honesty that you write them with. I know there are amazing things ahead of you, and I wish you luck as you start to figure out what that next step looks like!! :D

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
It was the first and only time I did end up visiting DAK in 2020, but I'm glad I snuck her in. She has always been the baby I protect and love the most. I wish I could've gotten maybe one more ride on Everest, but at least I can say I did in 2020.
That's so sad it was your only visit! I love AK so much and couldn't imagine not visiting more often!
The first was the 4 person final show day for Heidi Blickenstaff, Gavin Lee, Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White, which was fantastic.
Wait...why didn't we coordinate better? I know Zach and I went to the final concert day (though we had dining package tickets).
First was the Marie phone case because MARIE. Unfortunately I don't use it anymore since I got a new phone and it was pretty cheaply made so it chipped fast (No more D-Tech for me).
Yeah, D-tech has cute options but I don't trust their quality. It's Otterbox for me.
I had to leave a lot back in FL including my newly constructed saber and R5-T9 who are still there as of today.
So sad!
Again, the world has turned upside down. A lot has changed since quarantine and working there no longer seems like as positive an option as it once was. I know many of you are really jumping on returning to your happy place with Disney reopening and I'm glad you all are getting the chance to sooner than originally thought. I will say though, most of my cast member friends are terrified to go back. Florida's COVID-19 cases are breaking records daily. As much as they miss their jobs, they all are scared. This also goes for California in an even less dire scenario. We are used to dealing with difficult people on the normal, but now they are potentially dealing with guests who are threatening their health. Someone spit on a Cast Member in Springs after asking her to put a mask on and frankly, that is not the worst I've heard a guest do something like that under normal circumstances. Again, this is not to shame anyone for going back since I know plenty of friends who have been going to Universal and Springs on the regular (and I'd probably be there with them). It's just to say... things aren't feeling right for me and to please just follow the safety precautions Disney and the CDC is requiring of you. They only have your best interests in mind, at least on that front. If you can't, please don't go, for everyone's safety. This is not a joke. A Broadway actor I so admired who was healthy as can be prior to the pandemic lost his life not long before I started typing this. Please wear a mask, social distance, it's not a lot and it is effective. They wouldn't lie to us just to make our lives only slightly more difficult.
I know - I am really worried about the CMs and dealing with irrational guests. Hopefully most of those will have cancelled their trips once they saw all the restrictions. Though I'm worried once low crowds are shown during preview/early days they may end up returning...
I probably will go back to Disneyland once it reopens but am extremely happy they delayed opening, as I didn't feel it was safe enough.

NancyLuvsMickey

DIS Veteran
What a great flashback of your Love for Disney!!! :love:

And as I keep telling my daughter, it doesn't matter what your degree is in, all that matters is that you have one... Majority of the people don't work in the same field as their degree... But it seems like the employers want a degree of some sort... And having all those DCP's on your resume should be an added bonus when you're applying for a job... I think you can stay on your parents health insurance until you're 26... Not that you want to, but that gives you an extra few years to find your dream job with benefits...

I'm going to miss reading your TR's... Hope to "see" you are the DIS boards!!! :hug:

• PlutosRHM55

Pluto's Prince (Haters back off!)
    Thank you so much for sharing your Disney journey with us! I have so enjoyed your TRs and the honesty that you write them with. I know there are amazing things ahead of you, and I wish you luck as you start to figure out what that next step looks like!! :D
    Thank you so much for joining along all these years! I've really appreciated the support. Fingers crossed something good is coming.

That's so sad it was your only visit! I love AK so much and couldn't imagine not visiting more often!
    I was just spending so much time at Universal. Probably if I was around longer I would've taken more trips there.

Wait...why didn't we coordinate better? I know Zach and I went to the final concert day (though we had dining package tickets).
    I'm pretty positive I went after work so that might've been a factor. I think I was in and out of Epcot that day. I feel like Zach definitely would've asked so it 100% was on me.

Yeah, D-tech has cute options but I don't trust their quality. It's Otterbox for me.
    Yeah Otterbox is the sturdiest, but they don't offer many designs. Currently I have Red Bubble and so far it has maintained itself. Small shops can even do it better than D-Tech lol

I should've mentioned I DO have my hilt and crystals, just no blade or holder so at least that. My Droid is supposedly arriving today so I'm excited to be reunited with my Virgo baby, R5. :goodvibes

I know - I am really worried about the CMs and dealing with irrational guests. Hopefully most of those will have cancelled their trips once they saw all the restrictions. Though I'm worried once low crowds are shown during preview/early days they may end up returning...
    I probably will go back to Disneyland once it reopens but am extremely happy they delayed opening, as I didn't feel it was safe enough.
    Yeah, like from what I saw yesterday went well. A few hiccups. I'm kinda disappointed that face characters aren't wearing masks like they are making characters at Universal, but other than that it looks like they really are trying. Again, I just don't know how certain guests are gonna react. It's just too soon.

Oh I agree. I'm so glad Disneyland is being delayed. Honestly, I'd be more likely to visit there first over WDW, all considered.

What a great flashback of your Love for Disney!!! :love:

And as I keep telling my daughter, it doesn't matter what your degree is in, all that matters is that you have one... Majority of the people don't work in the same field as their degree... But it seems like the employers want a degree of some sort... And having all those DCP's on your resume should be an added bonus when you're applying for a job... I think you can stay on your parents health insurance until you're 26... Not that you want to, but that gives you an extra few years to find your dream job with benefits...

I'm going to miss reading your TR's... Hope to "see" you are the DIS boards!!! :hug:
    I've been told that too and I try to remind myself when certain people are telling me otherwise. It's always push-and-pull with these job searches, but hopefully I'll find my way to an enjoyable job/career soon.

Unfortunately, the insurance my family is on works a bit different so 25 is the end for me not 26. So I do need a job with benefits by next year.

Thank you so much for all your support and kind words! See you around! :goodvibes

dalmatian7

DIS Veteran
    Thank you for sharing your story. It was interesting to get the day to day of a CM and a little bit of how the magic works. I wish you the best. I remember hitting a similar bump in the road after college too. Stay focused and don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone (it sounds like you already are doing this with your job apps). It is also okay to have to refocus and change your plans. best wishes for your future.

PlutosRHM55

Pluto's Prince (Haters back off!)
    Thank you for sharing your story. It was interesting to get the day to day of a CM and a little bit of how the magic works. I wish you the best. I remember hitting a similar bump in the road after college too. Stay focused and don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone (it sounds like you already are doing this with your job apps). It is also okay to have to refocus and change your plans. best wishes for your future.
    Thank you so much for following along and supporting! I appreciate your kind words towards the future. Hopefully the best is yet to come. :goodvibes

Tink2Day

DIS Veteran
    Sad it's over....:sad:
    I'm sure you'll find something that suits you. Just remember to figure out what you want, you may change your mind a few times but once you find your calling focus on it and stick with it until something else calls to you down the road. I've had several totally different careers and at my advanced age I'm trying to figure out what I want to do next in life.:rolleyes1 I'm planning my retirement in about 30 years, 100 sounds like a good place to finally stop working or going to school and start volunteering.

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.