Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

Thank you so much for sharing your Disney journey with us! I have so enjoyed your TRs and the honesty that you write them with. I know there are amazing things ahead of you, and I wish you luck as you start to figure out what that next step looks like!! :D

It was the first and only time I did end up visiting DAK in 2020, but I'm glad I snuck her in. She has always been the baby I protect and love the most. I wish I could've gotten maybe one more ride on Everest, but at least I can say I did in 2020.
That's so sad it was your only visit! I love AK so much and couldn't imagine not visiting more often!
The first was the 4 person final show day for Heidi Blickenstaff, Gavin Lee, Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White, which was fantastic.
Wait...why didn't we coordinate better? I know Zach and I went to the final concert day (though we had dining package tickets).
First was the Marie phone case because MARIE. Unfortunately I don't use it anymore since I got a new phone and it was pretty cheaply made so it chipped fast (No more D-Tech for me).
Yeah, D-tech has cute options but I don't trust their quality. It's Otterbox for me.
I had to leave a lot back in FL including my newly constructed saber and R5-T9 who are still there as of today.
So sad!
Again, the world has turned upside down. A lot has changed since quarantine and working there no longer seems like as positive an option as it once was. I know many of you are really jumping on returning to your happy place with Disney reopening and I'm glad you all are getting the chance to sooner than originally thought. I will say though, most of my cast member friends are terrified to go back. Florida's COVID-19 cases are breaking records daily. As much as they miss their jobs, they all are scared. This also goes for California in an even less dire scenario. We are used to dealing with difficult people on the normal, but now they are potentially dealing with guests who are threatening their health. Someone spit on a Cast Member in Springs after asking her to put a mask on and frankly, that is not the worst I've heard a guest do something like that under normal circumstances. Again, this is not to shame anyone for going back since I know plenty of friends who have been going to Universal and Springs on the regular (and I'd probably be there with them). It's just to say... things aren't feeling right for me and to please just follow the safety precautions Disney and the CDC is requiring of you. They only have your best interests in mind, at least on that front. If you can't, please don't go, for everyone's safety. This is not a joke. A Broadway actor I so admired who was healthy as can be prior to the pandemic lost his life not long before I started typing this. Please wear a mask, social distance, it's not a lot and it is effective. They wouldn't lie to us just to make our lives only slightly more difficult.
I know - I am really worried about the CMs and dealing with irrational guests. Hopefully most of those will have cancelled their trips once they saw all the restrictions. Though I'm worried once low crowds are shown during preview/early days they may end up returning...
I probably will go back to Disneyland once it reopens but am extremely happy they delayed opening, as I didn't feel it was safe enough.

What a great flashback of your Love for Disney!!! :love:

And as I keep telling my daughter, it doesn't matter what your degree is in, all that matters is that you have one... Majority of the people don't work in the same field as their degree... But it seems like the employers want a degree of some sort... And having all those DCP's on your resume should be an added bonus when you're applying for a job... I think you can stay on your parents health insurance until you're 26... Not that you want to, but that gives you an extra few years to find your dream job with benefits...

I'm going to miss reading your TR's... Hope to "see" you are the DIS boards!!! :hug:

Thank you so much for sharing your Disney journey with us! I have so enjoyed your TRs and the honesty that you write them with. I know there are amazing things ahead of you, and I wish you luck as you start to figure out what that next step looks like!! :D

Thank you so much for joining along all these years! I've really appreciated the support. Fingers crossed something good is coming.

That's so sad it was your only visit! I love AK so much and couldn't imagine not visiting more often!

I was just spending so much time at Universal. Probably if I was around longer I would've taken more trips there.

Wait...why didn't we coordinate better? I know Zach and I went to the final concert day (though we had dining package tickets).

I'm pretty positive I went after work so that might've been a factor. I think I was in and out of Epcot that day. I feel like Zach definitely would've asked so it 100% was on me.

Yeah, D-tech has cute options but I don't trust their quality. It's Otterbox for me.

Yeah Otterbox is the sturdiest, but they don't offer many designs. Currently I have Red Bubble and so far it has maintained itself. Small shops can even do it better than D-Tech lol

I should've mentioned I DO have my hilt and crystals, just no blade or holder so at least that. My Droid is supposedly arriving today so I'm excited to be reunited with my Virgo baby, R5. :goodvibes

I know - I am really worried about the CMs and dealing with irrational guests. Hopefully most of those will have cancelled their trips once they saw all the restrictions. Though I'm worried once low crowds are shown during preview/early days they may end up returning...
I probably will go back to Disneyland once it reopens but am extremely happy they delayed opening, as I didn't feel it was safe enough.

Yeah, like from what I saw yesterday went well. A few hiccups. I'm kinda disappointed that face characters aren't wearing masks like they are making characters at Universal, but other than that it looks like they really are trying. Again, I just don't know how certain guests are gonna react. It's just too soon.

Oh I agree. I'm so glad Disneyland is being delayed. Honestly, I'd be more likely to visit there first over WDW, all considered.

What a great flashback of your Love for Disney!!! :love:

And as I keep telling my daughter, it doesn't matter what your degree is in, all that matters is that you have one... Majority of the people don't work in the same field as their degree... But it seems like the employers want a degree of some sort... And having all those DCP's on your resume should be an added bonus when you're applying for a job... I think you can stay on your parents health insurance until you're 26... Not that you want to, but that gives you an extra few years to find your dream job with benefits...

I'm going to miss reading your TR's... Hope to "see" you are the DIS boards!!! :hug:

I've been told that too and I try to remind myself when certain people are telling me otherwise. It's always push-and-pull with these job searches, but hopefully I'll find my way to an enjoyable job/career soon.

Unfortunately, the insurance my family is on works a bit different so 25 is the end for me not 26. So I do need a job with benefits by next year.

Thank you so much for all your support and kind words! See you around! :goodvibes

Thank you for sharing your story. It was interesting to get the day to day of a CM and a little bit of how the magic works. I wish you the best. I remember hitting a similar bump in the road after college too. Stay focused and don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone (it sounds like you already are doing this with your job apps). It is also okay to have to refocus and change your plans. best wishes for your future.

Thank you for sharing your story. It was interesting to get the day to day of a CM and a little bit of how the magic works. I wish you the best. I remember hitting a similar bump in the road after college too. Stay focused and don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone (it sounds like you already are doing this with your job apps). It is also okay to have to refocus and change your plans. best wishes for your future.

Thank you so much for following along and supporting! I appreciate your kind words towards the future. Hopefully the best is yet to come. :goodvibes

Sad it's over....:sad:
I'm sure you'll find something that suits you. Just remember to figure out what you want, you may change your mind a few times but once you find your calling focus on it and stick with it until something else calls to you down the road. I've had several totally different careers and at my advanced age I'm trying to figure out what I want to do next in life.:rolleyes1 I'm planning my retirement in about 30 years, 100 sounds like a good place to finally stop working or going to school and start volunteering.

Sad it's over....:sad:
I'm sure you'll find something that suits you. Just remember to figure out what you want, you may change your mind a few times but once you find your calling focus on it and stick with it until something else calls to you down the road. I've had several totally different careers and at my advanced age I'm trying to figure out what I want to do next in life.:rolleyes1 I'm planning my retirement in about 30 years, 100 sounds like a good place to finally stop working or going to school and start volunteering.

You always seem to give the best advice for me. Thank you for all your support and readership all these years. :hug:

Lol, it looks like I'm on the same track to be working until I'm 100. Nothing wrong with that though. Let's hope we enjoy the ride as much as we can before we get to that destination. :)

Hello again everyone!

Just popping back in to update you on what I've been up to. Keep you in the loop as it were!

For those of you who follow me on Twitter or Instagram probably know, I have been a regular guest on one or two podcasts since around March 2019 and I thought I would give a little plug for them.

Today, my friend Victoria dropped an episode for her podcast, Disney Tea With V, that I guessed on and serves as the kick-off for a series featuring members of the LGBTQ+ community discussing Disney-related topics. It was easily one of my favorite podcast episodes I've recorded. It was such a great group that included a few really close friends of mine. We covered topics like Pride merch in the parks, representation in the films and even played a little game involving the various animatronics found in the parks. I highly recommend listening, but it is a more adult-centric podcast so be warned lot of adult themes and explicit language. Nevertheless I promise it will give you some insight into our feelings on how Disney sees the LGBTQ+ community.

Click the link below the photo to listen to that!

Baby Ships Constance and Sally the Tightrope Walker

Prior to this, I also had a stint on my friend Scott's podcast (who was also a guest on the previously mentioned episode), Dislexic, which is a more generic theme park podcast but has definitely had been geared mostly towards the Disney parks and Universal as well. I've guested FIVE TIMES on his show, mostly covering Disney but also in discussing a theme park that I grew up going to. I'll link each of the episodes I was on beneath the photo (also content warning on this one, but for the most part it's pretty PG).

Theme Park Throwback: Spectromagic!
Theme Park Court Case 3: Old Test Track vs. New Test Track
Theme Park Throwback: The Great Movie Ride
Theme Park Survivor: Parade Bops and Flops!
Home Park Hoedown: Canobie Lake Park

All these links are to Spotify by the way since that's the main way I listen to Podcast. I believe you can find either podcast on most streaming platforms, but Spotify is just the one I use the most.

I potentially could be back on these podcasts again so you might want to subscribe. Aside from me, they are also really wonderful podcasts run by two great friends of mine, each being a strong voice for marginalized communities in various ways so that is even more worth a subscription.

Hope everyone's had a good week! Stay safe and healthy, loves!

Oh for sure. We still have to meet up and ride Hagrid's together. :D Thank you for being such an amazing supporter and friend on my TRs, Jackie. I'm so lucky to call you a friend.
Just returned from a week at WDW. It was different, but wonderful at the same time!!! Now I'm in Chicago quarantining until we head to USO for Jimmy's birthday at the end of the month. FINALLY going to get to ride Hagrid's, I hope!!! And Someday hopefully we get a magical meet up :)

Oh no! I can't believe that this trip report has ended!! It has been such a highlight for me during the quarantine to hear about your exploits in the DCP. I'm sorry that your program ended so abruptly, but have truly enjoyed reading about your experiences! You are a fantastic writer, so even if you are not writing trip reports for all of us, I must encourage you to find some way in your life to use your skills! Be passionate about whatever you decide to do, keep trying until you find a job that will allow you to see the world, and please, please keep us posted!! Cheers!

Just returned from a week at WDW. It was different, but wonderful at the same time!!! Now I'm in Chicago quarantining until we head to USO for Jimmy's birthday at the end of the month. FINALLY going to get to ride Hagrid's, I hope!!! And Someday hopefully we get a magical meet up :)

I'm so glad to hear it all went well and that you're staying healthy and safe. I hope you enjoy Hagrid's immensely and happy birthday to Jimmy!! :teeth:

Oh no! I can't believe that this trip report has ended!! It has been such a highlight for me during the quarantine to hear about your exploits in the DCP. I'm sorry that your program ended so abruptly, but have truly enjoyed reading about your experiences! You are a fantastic writer, so even if you are not writing trip reports for all of us, I must encourage you to find some way in your life to use your skills! Be passionate about whatever you decide to do, keep trying until you find a job that will allow you to see the world, and please, please keep us posted!! Cheers!

Awww thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed them so much and I can assure you I'm still looking to find ways to continue my writing. I also might be onto a good job opportunity so fingers crossed for that one. I'll make sure to keep you all posted if anything happens with that.

Thank you so much again! :)

I was SOOOOOO hoping you would have gotten back to Orlando and got a job as a scare actor. That would have been perfect for you and a segue into something more permanent. I just am so sad for our country......and all of the people struggling. Wishing you the best and please know that whatever you do you have your virtual friends supporting you.

I was SOOOOOO hoping you would have gotten back to Orlando and got a job as a scare actor. That would have been perfect for you and a segue into something more permanent. I just am so sad for our country......and all of the people struggling. Wishing you the best and please know that whatever you do you have your virtual friends supporting you.

Thank you so much, Tink. :hug: That was the only thing that really got me about yesterday's announcement. Granted, it was a relief. Yes, I wish it was announced sooner but I know they were doing everything to make things happen and in the end, they just couldn't. I feel better knowing that HHN30 isn't gonna be a watered down event since it will now happen next year where hopefully we will have this virus under control and be able to go back to normal operations.

I do however feel so bad for all the returning scare-actors who were hired and now have lost their source of income along with everyone who was already laid off prior to this with HHN already being scaled down. It's gonna be a rough long minute for the HHN community here. :(

Greetings again friendsies!

I have returned once again because I have another big announcement for ya.

After discussion with friends and debating with myself, usually the latter being the final hurdled, I finally bit the bullet and started my own podcast!

In The Kween's Throne Room is a weekly topical general podcast where we talk about whatever topics have piqued my interests. Whether that's just me talking about something for 30 minutes or with a small panel of my closest "loyal royals".

I've already posted the first episode which gives you a more detailed overview of what I'm doing.

I will be releasing the next episode this coming week with one already planned for the week following. This week might be one you've probably been dying to hear about from me since the announcement about HHN30's postponement until next year. I even have a guest to gab with about it so definitely tune in. As of right now, that should be released sometime on Friday.

Here are the links to places where you can listen to ITKTR:

Anchor --
https://anchor.fm/timmy-saunders
Spotify -- https://open.spotify.com/show/2FaB9kKRTJea6tcCsCSwdm
Google Podcasts -- https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy9hMjQyMmYwL3BvZGNhc3QvcnNz
Breaker -- https://www.breaker.audio/in-the-kweens-throne-room
PocketCasts -- https://pca.st/t22226r0
RadioPublic -- https://radiopublic.com/in-the-kweens-throne-room-6LLY9L

Also, the Twitter I've made exclusively for podcast updates: https://twitter.com/ITKTRPodcast

~ Have a lovely week, darlings! ~

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!