This is just so sad,,and makes me ask WHY would someone do this?? I don't call it 'playing'??

I don't see anything "nasty or ridiculous" except your denial of what you clearly did. You said something pretty outrageous (your belief that it was possible the family had PLANNED to kill the child...specifically "Could this whole thing have been something pre-conceived.") When called out, you get upset. Oh well. Maybe you shouldn't have said that outrageous thing?

If someone posts something that is intentionally incendiary, I always presume that they are looking for the strong reaction, hoping to stir things up on the thread. To be upset when a strong reaction occurs doesn't make sense.

Just as the poster implied the parents pre-planned the idea of their child dying, I feel the poster pre-planned the idea of putting out an idea that would cause a lot of drama.

Ohhh good grief...
Here we go again....
Jeez....

Glad to see my fan club is up and alive and well this morning!!!!! :wave2:

Who is a member of your "fan club?" I just don't get why you jumped to that conclusion so fast (only 3 posts after your devils advocate post) and the only response that disagreed was mine, and I was not hateful or mean by any stretch. I just stated my opinion rationally. Please someone tell me if my post was mean, because I clearly don't see it that way. Nor was it ever intended to be mean, I just disagreed. The other two posts were just trying to confirm your notion that this incident was premeditated. I don't understand how you leapt to that conclusion so fast.

There was nothing mean spirited, nasty, or full of hate. I don't get it?!

I have never once, ever... promoted any conspiracy theories.
Just sayin'
But, hey...
Have at it!!!! Just too funny!
Nice to see you guys are still so predictable at doing what you do.
Kudos!

And, let's see what you can do with using semantics to keep it going here!
Should be almost to that next phase in the mode of operation.
That should be interesting!
Nice way to take a thread completely off topic, in order to pull of the agenda.

But you did share a conspiracy theory! You have that right, just as everyone else on here has a right to say they don't agree. No one personally attacked you. You took it that way.

And what agenda? I am so lost. Apparently there is a super secret society I am not privy too. Damn, I miss everything good! :laughing:

Mods?????
This is just totally nasty and ridiculous.
Is this board not supposed to be moderated.
Are personal attacks and clear argumentativeness supposed to be off-limits?

Again, guys, no further comment.

My new in-post siggie... I love this song!!!
"Ohhh oh ohhh. All the haters gonna hate, hate, hate."

Who is a member of your hate club? I don't see one person on here spewing hate. The only thing I saw was that people don't agree with the theory it was premeditated. So somehow that spiraled into we are members of a hate fan club? What the what?! :confused3

I cannot change your mind, but I will say if it was a personal attack the mods would have posted for everyone to play nice. My feeling is that they haven't because there was nothing there to adjust. IDK, JMHO.

Family responds to the cruise's video...

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/arti...ly-impossible-to-lean-from-cruise-ship-window
TLDR: Family attorney now says it's impossible for the grandfather to lean out the window due to the distance between the window frame and railing.

Confused why they put out this statement. Sounds like to me that enough safety precautions were put in place that even an adult couldn't lean out the window, let alone a child

Last edited:
The family is trying to argue both sides. IF the window was so far away that the grandpa would have had to lift his feet so far in the air to reach it then clearly it would be reasonable that RCCL had placed the window far enough away to not be a hazard. Their own arguement undermines their case.

Crazy that they think the other videos are going to show something different.

So the family has declared the ship safe again? If they haven't already gotten the message, that lawsuit needs to go.

Family responds to the cruise's video...

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/arti...ly-impossible-to-lean-from-cruise-ship-window
TLDR: Family attorney now says it's impossible for the grandfather to lean out the window due to the distance between the window frame and railing.

Confused why they put out this statement. Sounds like to me that enough safety precautions were put in place that even an adult couldn't lean out the window, let alone a child
Yeah, I can't believe they think that helps their case.

On the LaComay video, they did a reenactment and the guy on the program would have hit his head on the glass. Of course, that was a mock up, but they did put the railing to the ships height and had the 18" barrier.

I cannot believe they are calling RCCL liars and responsible for leaking the footage. Maybe I am just too jaded with my opinion, but RCCL hasn't played dirty and has been very reserved up until now. After this, I think all gloves are off. RCCL, you gotta fight now. You tried to be kind and respectful, but now you are left no option. I still hope they don't countersue, just go full throttle that Grandpa is at fault for this on the POOL DECK not a child's play area!!! :furious:

This is going beyond crazy to me. The guilty one needs to own up to his mistake. Which he never will. :sad2:

So he wasn’t able to lean out the window, but yet was able to hold Chloe at arm’s length outside the window? It really makes no sense. If he was holding Chloe somewhere in the space between the railing and the window, when he dropped her, she would’ve fallen onto the floor, inside the ship. She may have gotten hurt but it’s highly unlikely she would have died. But the fact is, she fell onto the cement dock outside, so she HAD TO have passed over the window ledge. Even if she fell forward, or hit and tumbled OVER the window ledge, Sam had to know at that point (before she fell), that there was no glass there to stop her.

It seems the family is desperate to shift blame from the grandfather. By all means, watch any and all video that exists. If it were my child, I would need to do that, as painful as it is. I would want to know the truth. However, it certainly appears that he knew the window was open and I don’t think a view from any other angle will somehow vindicate him.

I really wish they would stop citing this: "saying he did so to allow her to bang on the glass like she did at her brother's hockey games." In the picture of her banging on the glass at the hockey game, she is standing on the floor. Not comparable.

Agree, 2 different things. Chloe would still be alive if she banged on the bottom glass. There is no doubt she could've reached that glass and banged her little heart out. He said he couldn't reach. Hmm... maybe because there was an obvious railing as a warning about the upper window panes? :rolleyes2

And when they asked the lawyer why did Grandpa lean forward he said, "to get a better view." That completely contradicts the banging on the glass scenario!

They are trying to grasp at straws. If you watch that video and still think RCCL is to blame then you have lost all common sense. I would be shocked if RCCL didn't have a outside camera angle to blow this theory up.

*edited for spelling and grammar.

Last edited:
The family is trying to argue both sides. IF the window was so far away that the grandpa would have had to lift his feet so far in the air to reach it then clearly it would be reasonable that RCCL had placed the window far enough away to not be a hazard. Their own arguement undermines their case.

Crazy that they think the other videos are going to show something different.

What I just read is that he is saying that RCCI is lying about having video of him peeking out the window, because he couldn’t have. and because he did NOT look out of the window, he thought it was closed when he lifted her to the window.

I really wish they would stop citing this: "saying he did so to allow her to bang on the glass like she did at her brother's hockey games." In the picture of her banging on the glass at the hockey game, she is standing on the floor. Not comparable.

He now says that he stood her on the railing so should could bang on the glass, just like the hockey games.

Who the heck would even stand a toddler on a railing for something that high?

I understand that the family is devastated, but it’s not the cruise’s fault. It’s a grandfather who made a terrible error in judgement. The family wants to blame the cruise ship company, at least partially, so they can live with this I think.

@kaytieeldr, I don't blame you for not watching.

But it clearly shows Grandpa leaned over and out. Even if by some bizarre chance he wouldn't have hit the glass if it was closed, all of his senses would have ascertained that it was open. I could not tell for certain if he sat her on the rail, it looks like it, but the video is grainy. But at some point he switches arms and she is holding on to the side of the window. That tells me she is past the railing at this point and is on the window sill itself. Then you know the rest of the story. :sad1:

To me, he KNEW that window was open. There is no way he didn't know. Being colorblind doesn't mean a darn thing. He leaned forward, he would have heard the noise, felt the breeze and heat. He even said in the CBS interview he was told his colorblindness may have played a factor. That makes me feel his lawyer coached him to say that -- put that out there so there is question to why you put your granddaughter up on a railing 11 stories high. :mad:

So, the LAWYER had to lift his feet 7 inches off the ground to lean out the window. How tall is the lawyer? How tall is the grandpa?

If this goes to court, all the RCI lawyers would need to do is bring in a physical mock up of the window & railing and get someone the same height as the grandfather and have him lean forward in the same way as the video, to show his head went past where the glass would be. They could also get a doll, perch it on the window sill to show how Chloe fell out.

I say, don't have the actual grandfather do this. It didn't work well to have OJ Simpson try on the actual glove, as he made a big show of how it "didn't fit." And Harvey Weinstein is now walking in and out of court with a metal walker to show to the jury how incapable he is to have attacked the women. :rolleyes: The grandfather will probably do something similar. The RCI lawyers need to have a person as able bodied as the grandfather was in the video, and who can and WILL lean forward all the way over.

Last edited:

Yes, and there was a glass wall along the bottom, like at the hockey games, so she could look through AND bang on it, if she chose. No need to lift her up to do either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter