This Is Us- Season two

I finally got up the nerve to watch this morning. I knew it would be hard and it was. One of my best friends lost her husband just over a month ago and I'm still pretty affected by that.

Loved the scene with Dr. K.

And I loved seeing Rebecca summoning her inner strength, right up to driving over that bridge. I'm curious now to see how that strong woman becomes the seemingly meek wig wearing Rebecca in the more recent scenes.
Some are speculating that her MRI that came back normal just before Jack died has something to do with the meek wig wearing Rebecca. I have been saying from day one, "what the heck with Grandma Rebecca". she should be the hippy, bohemian grandma. Heck, she looks just like some of my (us) my friends, with the haircut and the bad reading glasses.

at first I was worried beth and randall would take in both deja and her mom, but now that you mention their building, that is much more likely

It was more light hearted I thought and I was glad to see Beth have fun and be deep about her feelings with Kate. I love this show!

From what Kate said earlier about having only spent 7 minutes total alone with Beth, I think that was as big a step for their relationship as Toby's was with Kevin and Randall. I was worried that there wasn't going to be an opportunity with Madison along.

So many good moments in the episode -- especially so many truths shared. Young Kevin was hilarious but bittersweet with his fear and instant relief about his parents' marriage.

I have to say, for the first time Randall said something that showed he wasn't perfect. I couldn't believe when he told Beth she was detached and "all head", implying no heart. He said it so casually, like it wasn't hurtful.
I have to be the strong one in my marriage - I definitely related to Beth in the this episode.

I agree with PPs that it seems likely they will let Deja and her mom live in the building they manage. At least til she can get on her feet, they would have a place to stay.

I really want Deja to come back. I wonder if Randall will put them up in the new tenement housing he bought. Maybe make Deja's mom the manager?

I don't think Deja's mom is ready to be the manager, but it would be nice if there happens to be an apartment available so they could help them out and still see Deja sometimes.

I don't think Beth is simply "cold" at all. I think Beth compartmentalizes her own feelings to protect herself. She plays the "head" in the relationship because usually Randall needs that from her.

I loved seeing the old stuff between Kate and Randall, and how the kids learned to "Jack Pearson". I was SO glad Kevin didn't drink, and that the guys went back to bond with Toby.

I also love Beth. I think her and Randall balance each other out. It is obvious Randall is ALL heart and Beth is more methodical. She is like his reality check at times.

I watched last night. I thought this was a really good episode.

Not the huge tearjerker that the last couple were, but I still cried a little when Kate and Randall were sitting at that slot machine talking.

I'm so glad Kevin didn't have a relapse. I guess he was trying to prove how strong he was, but I didn't understand why he didn't ask the housekeeper to just take the stuff from the mini bar out of the room.

Justin Hartley is just so hot. I told my DH last night that if I was ever going to leave him for a celebrity, it would probably be Justin Hartley. DH just laughed at me.

I'm so glad Kevin didn't have a relapse. I guess he was trying to prove how strong he was, but I didn't understand why he didn't ask the housekeeper to just take the stuff from the mini bar out of the room.

I was wondering the same thing. I know it wouldn't have had the same dramatic effect, but it made no sense for him to leave it all there when they could have just taken it away.

When Kevin goes on one of his random rambling speeches, I vary between awkward uncomfortableness and laughing out loud - the look on the housekeeper's face when he was done talking was priceless. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts