This Sparks Joy! A Feb/Mar 2019 Birthday Trip NEW 7/6 x2 THE END of an Amazing Healing Trip!!

Joining in!! Looking forward to hearing about your trip, I remember seeing your posts on Instagram.

Sounds like a great start to the trip so far. I love all the little food booths at the various festivals, That cheesecake thing looked really good.

Four pages in...I'm a bit late to the party, but better late than never!

POR has a beautiful and grand looking lobby. Since it was our first time here, it took us a few minutes to get our bearing and figure out where the boat launch was. It is actually very conveniently located near the main building unlike at POFQ where you have to walk a bit past the rooms towards the water. When we got out to the dock, there was a boat about to pull out, lucky us! So we ran down the ramp and managed to get on the boat to Disney springs!
The lobby at POR is very nice. And being able to take the boat to Disney Springs is such a nice change from yet another bus.

For that weekend from 10am to 2pm they had a little pop-up shop of some new food-themed merchandise plus they were also giving out free Mickey bars!
I'll do most anything for free stuff! Even shopping! But let's be honest, if it's Disney merchandise, I really don't mind shopping.

I also saw this hilarious shirt and said that this is my new Run Disney motto. :laughing:
That would suit me very well too!

Deconstructed BLT with Crispy Pork Belly, Tomato Jam and Soft Poached Egg
Looks very good. I really enjoyed getting crispy pork belly when I worked in Asia.

Sounds like you are off to a great start! I love when things just work out.

The photopass pics with the snacks are adorable. I love your Epcot ears, also.

Just caught up and following along! What a great start to your trip, I'm glad you were able to find so much joy after such a hard time, I know exactly what you mean. :hug:

I'm here (finally)!!

It was literally the happiest I have felt in months!
Ah and I'm so happy for you!!

Their automated check in wasn't working so I had to speak to someone
Ugh that's the worst. Just when you think you've gotten out of having to talk to an actual human...

I really love visiting WDW during this time of year as the weather is so nice!
Yes it's so beautiful! I can't wait to be back at that time of year :D

Your first day looks like it started off so fun and beautiful! Can't wait to hear about the rest :D

I just love the Festival of the Arts pictures. I have never seen them in person but they are so cool. Another point for my favorite park... EPCOT. I love your ears by the way.

I just started following you on instagram. I'm mama.scherm just in case you see someone new liking all your pics. :goodvibes

What a great first part of the day in DS and Epcot. I hope you like your Royal Room as much as we did!!!!

Thank you!
We (I) loved the room!!!

Nothing better than Disney boat transportation!

I do really love the boats! They are so slow though! But so are the buses I guess!

Oh! I really want to try this in July!

It's really fun! I hope you get a chance to try it!

What a fabulous afternoon in Epcot!

It was the perfect first day afternoon!

nope.

Or is that npeo?

Open.

I've never heard of... any of this.

Tsk tsk and you call yourself a DISboarder...

Just a teensy bit... bigger. Room choice (actually building choice) is crucial.

Good to know! I really do LOVE POFQ. I did like the look of the mansions at POR though!

Yep. No idea. I presume... it's a VR experience?

Yup!

Always wanted to go there. Some day!

It's so yummy!

What the heck are you supposed to do with that????

In case you need a Mickey Bar prop at any given time.

I thought it was a pencil/pen bag.

Yes that too. For like 2 pens.

:laughing: Please get it!

LOL I just might have to! I didn't pick it up last time. I didn't do that much shopping for myself honestly.

Perfect ears for Epcot! :thumbsup2

Indeed!

Risotto is hard. I've yet to get it just right.

It is quite hard! I've tried a few times but it's quite time consuming especially to get it right!

Thanks!

Gorgeous shot!

Thanks!

Perfect photo with the ball in the background. :)

A must do when wearing said ears!

It seems like one of you may be more excitied than the other...

LOL It's THAT obvious?!? :rotfl:

I just saw that they were going to possibly do a Frozen VR. Which would be fun, but Gwen needs to turn 10!

Oooh that would be fun! Steve would like that. He loves Frozen!! :rotfl:

Tsk tsk and you call yourself a DISboarder...

Hangs head in shame...

Good to know! I really do LOVE POFQ. I did like the look of the mansions at POR though!

Agreed. Prefer to the bayou. But... you have to get the right one. Curious to see where you'll wind up.

In case you need a Mickey Bar prop at any given time.

And you did!

Yes that too. For like 2 pens.

Gotta have a spare.

It is quite hard! I've tried a few times but it's quite time consuming especially to get it right!

::yes::

:wave2:
So excited to see you've started a new trip report and even more happy to read the title-isn't it wonderful to have a place to retreat that brings us JOY !!? I found your report this morning and have been looking forward all day to have a chance to start reading it-that time is now!

Thank you so much for joining! :hug:
I could not wait to go back to my happy place. I really needed it.

Our dates overlapped yours and I can't wait to read about how you guys spent your days. I wonder if we were ever at the same park during the same time? hmmm...I guess I need to read to find out:goodvibes I'm trying to convince myself to write a trip report but I am still in a post-vacation depression and honestly could cry if I think about it too much! That's why they say start planning the next one, right?!

Oh it is quite possible we were in the same park on the same days! We were all over the place!
I think you should do a TR! Or at least start planning the next trip. I know what you mean. You really need to have another trip to look forward to!
Almost to 30 days until our next trip!

Joining in!! Looking forward to hearing about your trip, I remember seeing your posts on Instagram.

Sounds like a great start to the trip so far. I love all the little food booths at the various festivals, That cheesecake thing looked really good.

Thank you for following along!!
Epcot festivals are so much fun. But sometimes it's hard to pick between eating at the booths or at one of the other great places to eat at Epcot. Sometimes it's easier if there is no festival going on because then I wouldn't have to decide.:laughing:

The lobby at POR is very nice. And being able to take the boat to Disney Springs is such a nice change from yet another bus.

POR was lovely. I really like having the boat option!

I'll do most anything for free stuff! Even shopping! But let's be honest, if it's Disney merchandise, I really don't mind shopping.

I do love free stuff, even though half the time I don't even use the free stuff I get, but free food is always good!

That would suit me very well too!

My new motto: "I donut run!" :rotfl:

Looks very good. I really enjoyed getting crispy pork belly when I worked in Asia.

Yum, crispy pork is one of my favorites!

Sounds like such a fun time at Disney Springs! I love the cute photopass opp and you can't say no to a free mickey bar!

It was so cute! I am glad we were able to check it out.

We still get to be Disney 21 though, right?

We are ALWAYS Disney 21. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sounds like you are off to a great start! I love when things just work out.

The photopass pics with the snacks are adorable. I love your Epcot ears, also.

Thank you!! I do too! When everything falls into place at Disney...it's like :cloud9:
Thank you! My ears are from aloha ears designs.

Just caught up and following along! What a great start to your trip, I'm glad you were able to find so much joy after such a hard time, I know exactly what you mean. :hug:

Thank you so much for joining!
So glad we all have our happy place. :hug:
It really is the best escape. :)

LOVE your Epcot themed ears!

Thank you!! They are from aloha ears designs!

I'm here (finally)!!

Hi Ann! Thanks for joining!

Ah and I'm so happy for you!!

Thank you so much! :hug:

Ugh that's the worst. Just when you think you've gotten out of having to talk to an actual human...

I know...why do an automated system if it doesn't work! :sad2:

Yes it's so beautiful! I can't wait to be back at that time of year :D

Your first day looks like it started off so fun and beautiful! Can't wait to hear about the rest :D

Thank you!! It was a great first day!
BTW I am so jealous of your Backstage Magic ABD tour!

A great start to the trip! The photopass pictures are so cute. I like those backgrounds.

Thanks! I really had fun enjoying DS as our first stop of the trip. It's rare that we get to do that first but it was a nice and relaxing way to ease into Disney mode!
I am glad we were able to make it to the pop up event that day!

That sounds like a great start to the trip! Festival of the Arts looks like a lot of fun, a nice addition to EPCOT! I can't wait to see pictures of the Royal rooms at PORprincess:

LOVED the Royal rooms. It was like they were made for me. princess:
And I thought FotA was so much fun!! It's not too overwhelming like Food and Wine or G&G. The number of food booths during those festivals are immense that it is hard to try them all. I like how FotA had all these photo ops too. I'd definitely return every year, just to experience the festival again!

I just love the Festival of the Arts pictures. I have never seen them in person but they are so cool. Another point for my favorite park... EPCOT. I love your ears by the way.

I just started following you on instagram. I'm mama.scherm just in case you see someone new liking all your pics. :goodvibes

Thank you so much for following along!!
The FoTA is so much fun. I was surprised by how much fun I had. Plus there were barely any lines for the photo ops! I'd love to go again!

Just found your report! Happy ( very) belated birthday

Thank you so much!! Thanks for following along!

Hi @ChunkyMonkey! :D Kind of late to the party but glad I found your TR, which is amazing as well as your CRAZY DIS ASIANS TR, which I have not finished reading. Sorry about your Father's passing :( , but I agree with you that he is in a better place now. Anyway, I love all of the detail you put into your reports and the pics look amazing. Cannot wait to read more! :D

So I would say that this Wreck it Ralph experience was absolutely adorable. All the graphics were so cute and we both really enjoyed ourselves! You do get to shoot guns and stuff but really fun things come out of your guns instead of just normal blasters in the Star Wars version. The whole experience is only about 30 minutes so it does not take a long time at all. I'm glad we made the last minute decision to do this.
I still want to try this! But the one at Disneyland is only during the week and I tend to be down there on the weekends!

I usually opt for the Holiday Turkey but this time we went for the Classic roast beef with the cheddar horseradish and it was just PERFECT and really hit the spot.

truEa6HwKtewg6O32giWWHofuMMX-TkWpXO7kyNyBk2jqx58Q2dyxe2jRCK1x1T82JD-ZkS99OW0qaHEFkylz9xhXo9UyeKtJE7KkQHk74Fb7G58fMnUk89VSUG0tY2uA_pn8ORqQNCm5MzMSHXEJigbfktwhj0wCtvCBsYi3KFP2LXDG3tbGgPP_iyUkuCfAXBb1Gh8-2cNTzcGMrsLxZYqJa4-gBgExrGNddWl3RgohNdom51vRneUj72WCV3QLewgk4m4uQw2wfbOv0u-6HH89K1qtfx3hLehhHzkmJ_X_ZCpbZDenjbPiwhYHuXB1GMFnalbUkW7Cg2G-hKZUi7k6QmnBwATrgphxX5kTcKqA1tCjZq7zCE5cxi5q5dDJ-IS0mRBBBcJq4hKk-ZENdw_r3CiRdN7wGwec-dSMXs48pQiceD-eFB5PCMC12gs4QlqER4-M3bxtGvK6vyatTc_ZySMECO_nVMyasv6l96N4_BFN3qmN1OZBahmkWz_LKDoqO9j8AsgxCARxN2GKrP6TsL4e2KIuhHI0GrNnbDLqtJInnobBxh-fBO53wDjFLi8p-3h0G8IixO6oE-D0HproOsTzJqAyH2G-uJysYoqx-MlCF-WTvY_nnLMQeRLcHxsBU44wArC9gL6NArTckY4hQASSfAJ=w570-h760-no
My favorite is the French Dip! Yum!

I went into World of Disney for a bit and all this adorable food merchandise was just calling my name. I honestly don't buy that much stuff anymore from the stores, just the occasional clothing item and jewelry because I already have tons and tons of stuff that I never use from years of going to Disney so this would just be another addition to the pile, so I totally refrained. They were really adorable and cute though!
Same! I wanted (and still want) most of it, but I've been keeping myself in check for the most part!

We woke up this morning and had some snacks in our room that we brought before packing up and checking out of the Hyatt Regency. We had a lovely night here, and now the REAL vacation was about to begin!

Yay! For vacation beginning for real!

I decided that since we would be so conveniently close to Disney Springs that we should head there first. I had been itching to try the new Wreck it Ralph experience at The Void after having a great experience doing the Star Wars one more than a year ago. So I looked online and booked us for an experience later that morning!

I really need to try this sometime!

Still there were plenty of people in line already for the buses and we didn't have to wait too long to get on a fairly packed bus.

We are usually there so late at night that no one is at the buses.

I've stayed at POFQ twice and I love it there so POR has to be just as good, right?

I hope so! I stayed there when it was Dixie Landings and liked it.

We grabbed our luggage, tipped our ME driver, and headed inside.

I'm glad to hear other people tip the drivers. I've not seen many people who do, they just retrieve their bags and go on their way.

This weather is certainly sparking some joy!! 78 degrees and sunny!

That would certainly have sparked joy for me. We had the first February in over 130 years where we did not have a day that hit 70°.

I got the musical purple guy and Steve picked the math nerd. Which he totally is, so of course he'd pick that one.

:laughing:

You do get to shoot guns and stuff but really fun things come out of your guns instead of just normal blasters in the Star Wars version. The whole experience is only about 30 minutes so it does not take a long time at all. I'm glad we made the last minute decision to do this.

Huh. That sounds fun. I wonder if the one in DTD is doing the Ralph version.

Classic roast beef with the cheddar horseradish and it was just PERFECT and really hit the spot.

Yummy! That's my favorite, but Fran diesnt like the horseradish.

free Mickey bars!

You had me right there!

These purses were so cute but pretty impractical. The Micky Bar one barely fit a credit card and it was so flat you couldnt' even put a lipstick inside.

Bizarre. My purse is practically a suitcase and weighs about the same. There's no way something like that would be anywhere nears useful to me!

I haven't had one in a long time because I don't eat much ice cream and I tend to prefer the ice cream sandwich if I did have to pick one but they are still nice to have once in a while.

Me too. I like the sandwiches better. In fact I may have one this weekend!

I thought I should be able to wear the last sweatshirt to work, hahaha. Although we are in a business environment most of the time, but at least Fridays we are casual so it would be a good Friday shirt.

I always forget about this with my DIS friends. Even when I had a day job, it was at a music publisher, so every day was pretty casual. I figure everyone dresses like they do at the parks every day, I mean I do! :confused3

I definitely wanted to grab a bite to eat from the Food booths.

I have to try this festival one day! We are planning to go in Jan 2020, or maybe Feb, so I might get the chance!

Wild Mushroom Risotto, Aged Parmesan, Truffle Shavings and Zinfandel Reduction

This sounds wonderful

Deconstructed BLT with Crispy Pork Belly, Tomato Jam and Soft Poached Egg

Oooh, get in my belly!

Deconstructed Strawberry Cheesecake: Whipped, New York Style Cheesecake with Fresh Florida Strawberries and Sugar Cookies with Micro-basil

I am so hungry right now!

Wow those 3 dishes filled us up way more than I thought it would.

I found that with the F&G booths and as a result we never got to try everything that I wanted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter