This Sparks Joy! A Feb/Mar 2019 Birthday Trip NEW 7/6 x2 THE END of an Amazing Healing Trip!!

And the piece the resistance...this amazing bowl of shrimp and grits! It was so flavorful with the tasso ham, hint of spice. The shrimp were tender, the eggs were perfectly runny. I can't wait to have this again!

9naD1Dg_9L46mcGnn7AijekItBoL2xQyFB-wMrUE4YxKCVag89N2KmA_Rk4Mhdqjaq3PmP27lixmeBkl4FJcdikbitRMpcAZAbnB3e9EawcffKsYnQUgBkm9t47XkyK7a1QDo_9s62jjxhUATLO8lgPP5y7Yth-j3AAoOz0S7YlH6fRVIC-OZDvRk5ZbL_Gk3pEQFSRaCRKJISBt9rn64d9sO47Hw5kGocOrZ7R_TP6ZzBxh-MW9sXwE8GDXz4bPlilU_sYk7jWom1b-r1QAOzJImjSyrLsi-0ISIo4szHlcmeBozGy92i3lYYeE4UC96nB-nkEgZt0emXfYJ82HPuJH70q1CldSxt_BcEVdZ2FJbrtTpIeQBD-o_SQJ4Ut8yNfQiFZbxQAXFfv5yDn5Sv4tDWPiPhG-fBWnHmrRNR6m0pmNM71QiGj_mkF-2VSbqY5YfQL3lPulUXixpwGCIsXhdVAl9fo9-mLd7keV-wkTWHTN9KbWCQ8_8BU-8nRkttPwc3wIRQgmHE8QnUSpmTpolnQxFPgAJ0838Z2c54XKQC-EWPdpHJ_1dKGU54EYZTU3O7B1InI2D2PhrYlp72LAkGyzg-FW1w3uqgb0xHEjXS4zxKd8ulBaw8g37Uoyz20ieUowbL60ctWvZOnxTQM4DqotbE9J=w600-h800-no

That sounds and looks fantastic!!! I make shrimp & grits at home, but I haven't had them for breakfast, with an egg before.

Someone recently posted a picture of the shrimp & grits they got at the Ale & Compass (formerly Captain's Grille) restaurant at the Yacht Club

shrimp and grits vinotinto.jpg

Love this!

Very photogenic- you and the dole whip.

Steve decided to just use our FP for PoTC because I told him I didn't want to go, I wanted a picture with Jasmine and Aladdin because I was wearing a Jasmine shirt!

Ummm, Steve! You are wearing an Agrabah shirt. You should be in the photo too.

Then we shared the Angry Chicken entree, which is basically a thai green curry with fried chicken on it. It's really good, but the portions are HUGE!

f-fJQ6UC5iOQmg6JdaenHeG6UrMZzT9olv4vpC8IQg0OXQ3_HsQaOrXF-TvLz_OStJE-M5bbb6ovbAv0UoLRwqFJw4EQZxtFXCe-eJpB136iOyAgcR7fwi2zLsJr8tbtUeB4MQkmshmdtUsmNrD7jWyF4NnrY3SGYsW3kET--SRk3c8v-rSAa4r_6JLrGKLu5QeQcGs9K-TZKzVekpuj4q4cEshb7-M7TaqjOc5hq9ggfcQj-w0pzeL8ENgYg2-lwaTV6wjkzpItZZh0uE41sE7bIhXIrHL-zuDpsDUpPmfCXj4M_RHia5-QGfiUJJtD1mKgxZ6SmVXFAxykyR0_Uv2nK_hCqivy4Rv136rvUlsy1G3CI5YA5XzvNN4J6M8QUuNwxXu79kb9UPXtX_tfaUom3rvC6WmB5nT4GXTmpoenYQkm0PyBSgm5rlUTK-58ygCq_TtFrTr7VjXpII9QyYx5jJ5AzHtAyJkjWSBFjDDAVzDibhzv9rF89_1mcd5SsiWihNF-i1JnaYl9qbKpZMyjbUfIqhYftyorFQzQW9wHyG90TDHkjat_1Zwdc5VI8dYWtAEz4F6QbG7cUe1B1_6Ab93_5Pq4ICdr8vQ1QBGGjUhdYSCeer8UxbdtUEuY3n1NnGrtp116YUaM2YuEWbwxAVVPyavl=w600-h800-no

Holy moly! That looks incredible.

I have not eaten at Morimoto Asia, but when and if I do, I must have this!

::yes::

HAHAH!!! We always seem to go back for more, don't we?

Yup, less than 2 weeks now for me! Woot!

It was totallly like that for me at DLR the last couple of times. All of Carsland stuff was new to me. And SO worth it!

Absolutely! I love seeing new stuff at Disney!

Once in a while I have to bust out my tiara. ;)

Can't wait to see it! I need to get one too. But I'm going to wear it at work.

I'm here! I'm pretty excited to be here near the beginning of a report - it was easy to catch up! :-)

Thanks for joining Jenny! It's great to see you back on the boards!

I'm glad this trip gave you such joy after the sadness of losing your dad. :hug:

Thank you so much. I am so grateful I was able to take this trip. It really lifted a lot of heavy emotions that were sitting on my shoulder. :hug:

You squeezed in a ton of fun on your first day! I love the photos of Toy Story Land - it will be fun to see it in-person one day!

I have to hit the ground running in my favorite place!
Toy Story Land is so cute!

I'm sorry you weren't a fan of the POR quick service. I really enjoyed the make-your-own pasta station, but I only ate at the resort once so I didn't try many things. I'm sure you have much more delicious food to come!

Oh definitely lots more delicious food! It's not that the food wasn't good, I just didn't see anything that spoke to me and didn't really know what to eat. All their offerings had about the same appeal to me.

The royal rooms are lovely. I've never stayed in one, but I do love all the details! I understand why they've moved to the all-white bedding, but I feel like it takes some of the pizazz out of the room décor. The bolster pillow was so nice!

The details are really what make this room! Definitely a little sterile with the all white bedding but at least I know that it's clean!

Your photopass pictures with the balloons are so cute! And so are the specialty desserts! Due to some food allergies in our family we stick with the traditional dole whip floats, so I'll live vicariously through other people's fun desserts! (Not that a dole whip float isn't delicious!)

Thank you! I agree, the traditional Dole Whip floats are still my favorite! Can't go wrong!

That seriously was a packed boat for PoTC! Wow!

Right? I've never seen a boat so packed!

Your dinner looks amazing. I feel like we should make more of an effort to go to Disney Springs since there are so many good restaurants but it always seems like such a hassle to get back to the resort.

I don't get to DS as often as I think I should! Which is too bad because there's amazing food there. I am definitely going to try and visit more often! It's definitely more convenient after 4pm since there are buses to DS from the parks. Before that it is a bit of a pain.

Love your princess themed outfit! Glad you made time to meet Jasmine & Aladdin!

Thank you! I'm glad I got to meet them too. It's rare I'd prioritize a character meet over a ride but someone had to fill in for Chunkysis.

Mmm the hei hei cone looks yummy!

It's really good!!

I just made a Morimoto reservation for our August trip. I am dying to try the ribs.

Yay! I hope you enjoy it!

Oh my gosh, I have never seen a boat packed that full before, yikes!!

Right? It probably best to not get on that (sinking) ship. LOL.

I'm impressed by the guy's hair in the front row, with the three layered flip thing, LOL

Haha, you're right! His flip is very impressive!

I hate wallpaper border, but this is definitely acceptable. So cute!

Right? Disney makes wallpaper border a must-have!

Sounds like a great day in MK! I so want to try the new cones but all of the flavors sound a bit strange for me (I'm a vanilla or cookie dough kinda girl lol) I think next trip I need to try the Lost Princess or Peter Pan float though!

I'm definitely going to try the Lost Princess next time. I'm a little iffy on lemon-flavored things, I can either love it or hate it so let's hop it's the former!
The Peter Pan float is really good though!

I agree about the resting more! I have such a hard time doing anything but go-go-go but slowing down is definitely an awesome feeling too!

I know! I feel like when I'm a Disney I want to do it ALL.

The new ice cream cones are really cute. I'm not a mango fan so I'll be skipping that one for sure

Yeah that one is definitely skippable in my book!

Am I the only one who doesn't like Jasmin's new outfit? It just looks so hot. Maybe it's fine for winter but in the summer I really like the other one.

I don't like it either. I like all the old princess outfits. I understand not wanting to make her skimpy and stuff, but Ariel also shows her midriff!

Your ears are adorable! I don't think I've ever seen those before.

Thank you! I have interchangeable ears and bows from Aloha Ears Designs. So I just mix and match according to my outfit and mood!

Morimoto looks fabulous! The chandelier is just, WOW!

It's always a great place to have a meal! I really have enjoyed all my visits there!

That sounds and looks fantastic!!! I make shrimp & grits at home, but I haven't had them for breakfast, with an egg before.

Someone recently posted a picture of the shrimp & grits they got at the Ale & Compass (formerly Captain's Grille) restaurant at the Yacht Club

View attachment 394605

Love this!

heading to Disney tomorrow. Will try Morimoto based on your posts! Hoping to tough out the Easter/spring break crowds... Also had shrimp and grits the other night lol

The portions were also huge so it was plenty for us to share. I consider this combo the best breakfast I've had at a Disney quick service ever!

That breakfast looked seriously amazing and I don't even like shrimp that much! :love:

Usually the balloon pictures look like I'm using my body weight to hold Steve on the ground much to his chagrin.

:rotfl: it is a really cute picture!

Here's Steve's ride picture. I'm kinda glad I didn't go, look how crowded it was, they squeezed so many people onto this boat!

You can't even see the boat!

Steve doesn't like shopping so he went off on his own, sitting in Starbucks and hanging at the Lego store until dinner where we met at Morimoto.

I love that you guys are fine splitting up to do your own thing! I am friends with some velcro couples and they can get on my nerves :laughing:

I hate that. When it happens to me, I eat McDonalds. Always solves that problem.

Good to know. No McDonalds for you.

Nice walk. Did it once, years ago.

It was exceptionally nice that day!

But a very cute princess.

Thank you!

Hmm... while the beignets sound really good... I've yet to have grits that I like.

Grits are a texture thing, if you don't like it, you just don't like it! They tend to take on the flavor of whatever sauce is on it.

Hmmm (again). Maybe this is the grits I could get behind?

Out of every plate of grits I've had this one is definitely up there!

It is a really good shot!

Thanks!!

Funny how the Tangled Tinkle spot has taken on a life of its own.

It's the nicest place to tinkle in MK! That and the bathrooms near guest services on Main St.

You sure look like you're having a blast!

When am I not at WDW?

Hope you want another one in... 21 days.

Yes. I think I can manage that.

But... then how will he see????

He can't even see with eyes!

Of course. This only makes perfect sense.

Right? I'm so smart.

Then you'll burn them and you'll have to burn the rest of you to catch up with your legs.

True, maybe I'm not so smart.

Lucky it didn't sink!

I was worried about that!

Looks nice... too bad it didn't taste nice.

Blech it was awful

Love this shot! :)

Thank you!

I'm sorry.. the what the what????

SPRING ROLL CART

In case you didn't hear it the first time.

Steve is smart.

He would agree with you.

All the food look good (too bad about the ribs, though.)

It was all tasty! Even the salty ribs. I think it was just over-sauced.

Good to know. No McDonalds for you.

Unless necessary...

Grits are a texture thing, if you don't like it, you just don't like it! They tend to take on the flavor of whatever sauce is on it.

Nope. Texture is fine.
I've just found them.... bland or boring.

Out of every plate of grits I've had this one is definitely up there!

Will keep that in mind. :)

It's the nicest place to tinkle in MK! That and the bathrooms near guest services on Main St.

When am I not at WDW?

Valid point.

He can't even see with eyes!

OMG! Blind! Since birth, do you think? Or some sort of accident?
Betting he stared at an eclipse.

SPRING ROLL CART

In case you didn't hear it the first time.

:laughing:
Thanks. That helps a lot.

He would agree with you.

'Cause I'm smart too.

After mine train I decided to be a little more snacky so we went to try something I've always wanted to get...the springs rolls from the cart outside of Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride. We got one of each of the 2 flavors offered: Cheeseburger and Buffalo Chicken.
I swear every time we think to stop here it's not open. Maybe this trip!
Here are some other details in the Royal Room that I didn't notice earlier:
I think I need that lamp...

Your photo pass photos are adorbs for sure!

I'm glad you got to try those cones, I just read they are not bringing the heihei cone back??? I never got to try one but darn it, was hoping to one day! #revolt! #bringbackheiheicone!

Think my tags will catch on? :rotfl2:

Another fabulous meal at Morimoto! Now I can say I've been there, too :thumbsup2 And even saw the table we sat at. Man, Downtown Disney in Cali needs to be BIGGER with more restaurants:rotfl:

Catching up! Was so behind all my TR's I love to follow. So sorry about your Dad. I lost my mom in August so have been going through the same emotions/roller coaster. Love that you had this escape. We went in February and it was a nice trip. Emotional but nice. Looking forward to the rest of your report.

They kinda remind me of zeppole...not sure if you all know what that is but it is a popular Italian street fair food in NYC - basically fried dough with powdered sugar, yum.

qqWoUsZqKKYSu_LWYG8yTmxW8ipZyKb_F2nDz8EAK4du9zsIcMsSiE50CLfxc0Yshvz6vXk3b2TRPdEK9mB8cDi5lR7fVVUe_8sMRT5kdBDfHvNJUoLySm88zKzxKfsBDfKyuSiW209YFeephZc_ZSTHoXBqjEUN0T20dKCz9FVxMBHnH4tmt0lcwqhsTtRoocpHgvo5XbARIknFGYAnd7GSRspBJTvd35sZr7aEkgQAlj5U6CNU91d3Sq9UOoanxudmmvXvALu6KOitsLekmeTSB4SMUQVRKDJfRAqfBOYjMc_a7MWGhZf4gqvE_dGDF_-anmDcqLfxgWv3_t1PHnzXePU7YwhiuAPl2kQzXBHjNElCtWfYjgfBW-kTDEgjcKjMDgbKqHS0dJIT6OPbRB0jAeIWKHi77JG7gPrQme_1OzbN1OfoQEfoQ3anjP53kz9S8ccM7N2sdPfv4ahc5JdzFvdnaq5PkUyjuIQjOU6Rr1d1B0xj9rd2nSra8rSD5xU90WIIRPoZRHATIFKfdpHqDdH1Jxn_OtuwY94TE7J8ODtq4dBPSeMAfBRyL79BsG4McasNyd0RzjOCWV09gR0ybeGU0dPO8re47gg4N7Kdi4lD0L-WkZnBjRUG2VsFgoxuOerYai0X98R22cQ8tdaASL4xDwzO=w600-h800-no
I haven't had a zeppoli in FOREVER!!!!

Great pic!

So a few days before our trip, it was revealed that the new Hei Hei cone would be on sale on that very day at Aloha Isle. So of course I was one of the first people to get on mobile order to get one of these beauties:

gW6PdELqi3EBi_ogN5-1BzeykS0_FBJpVsqlG54NtrKhnA7KxXwfU8rvJ3Ubqy9JUc8AInubCLwO_BPGFzEfer1NKFDRBCfvNh0k6na6WshxTGoBqpAi4LyBtfYLIMPuKy03yDyz0ddOM3FHHOeXTi7L_JpuQTO-rE8Uer0vcyDiNCnCvAj_4n72xk624JLbzEwvu1oeApVbed_lIWoQzeGfKW8CIf2yzUf9Qv3bz_ge_XyE5-7EWsgvjZ6h6nztjpKHuYCbmOeHxKatasDDm9Ypp5liwwh6kiWXPW94aUj2KPC6vqhUXufXLe6heQJj5ERhnV-gFkOkpwapt-sNixI6c7b4TSU0TOdXk_JnAdi1xI3EJFPt-8hkQt8DsNV5hjhiVxPtzQk9XFqa8xnS_gSoVDclJgz1PHPgmVWZS6LGF0AH1XfKvHaECcU_U-bbS3-VznTz3rbjThA3Kag_lrz_RDEokVpdIHya-qPM21AshAOVgmbPa-Ua3z5JHySsK9I_BqGH9iaPeDfgJKDooarp9LZeWFkkhSiYR-fraMltYQjaKV3Lh1IE5O3pSpejHPJinX7x4fyZURyERoeeaFSjQrlzCYnZiMsFt2pPigQLlGPLPDVduvfd4a7mBc-UkHN0LtHkKEL0rv8ofAs5KjC1pVdiFYZe=w460-h613-no
6CodanwZAGIUq8OUoJmBLlkV17UeztGQxkx0_UzbpA0a3_lDA0kfpTOtnebv4iqXpE5Uey1anJSXzE418j_KyBgEc_o0NLsOD_amA1hsCIEXmlcdBeNBdrTYSkQIgCRJF8Dbdl-BTQiP_8oFFbwzdG1a91KZ7wgmAbnwq5v2tX4wF7Kx3LwxF2zZt1j_IneKd97a9OdjCWoUIudBHkU8crbaPvE2-M3v9V7Nc9tfax2D5Ge0KQm7a5aERceiIv6BBay9UvY9DWDMnI2Wwo2Ih9jOxQllur7UuaCqByq8P7pFmnY6rmgLUPecWBy6t24A1TmSW-uJPRzVN-lVokbN31rqEE3KLFc5_rq5kHINwjk6-abxnqyH0Knln5leQ2SgjfX45NrWA1iHMZJgJxiV8uUiwDj2N6mFYD7RST2lSVFr9xsVWj6XT2onh3pggTKHno7WIxcQRpfddjB1W_ZK5x4cvKNc2q_o1pbPBrqz44lp6eQv53AmLMvpXH7VQgfPSPu8nalgKmt5pmyyA-sN-ouQiG7DCt7qP0hu_DZcI4vas_7lmo4Wu384lUMG0HRBAk0yzRlH86EGPsdMlkJAm4opjlliStjMUMDNODVyvQVDt9QsHcWSS-Eyu1VRhbrQwbVZ6jlRJFKbcnP7vyRwSDJC_j6LKF6N=w460-h613-no
Morgan was able to score 2 of these! We did one mobile order and then later in the week, had to wait in line. Blek! She really liked it, but she gave me her sour candy.

OMG my legs are so pale. I really need to self-tan my legs or something to catch up with the rest of me!

AvrMxzC8PHDpGNN67IkGzV9fVXXPAPhMMi1wm5BHRBGC92jvYlgHFLcAzn9aiWpU_XwN9YsEkWHORa_GrZAmIRlPIgVVXgKl-i0otJJ6EyQMf2OCLlI_rDovAI7IQiEcxrNsCH6dhzFBf4pAj6v9NOYlxFRyBHgfZ4QL3IOLz-PpM2zkB7igGzqvf022hbppnGbSLavizK21SuAcWdFkUWYJ608chQFMvid2CtXDhdfzg-vkjEaYRlZ5QlWt8vOiCfHFO86iS9vDe27hjqxwUgrXexNkFPjwQz0HFJn8vhDe0UfTnqlLPYH1zwaqae2DF8m0HJ3tkT5IK5B6dopniilcJG6ILga-druCxzVyRAGW0f3WpSn_YK_L4o0MNorAZcOxMfzgbBO3EYYGhx3ewC0oWycw-qiMVl21_cUtpTguuLlfsOa-wRxDkY9o-I7zVuw508jEy3bYqm6h7IT5ks6cEmjxOR6uydgliYUlNaQpTQ1hqjY9IIFEscVOSlRkH9CuQ10dnYQ2TlELv6DxBodO8GpozFNrNS9FIwSEd7p0G1Bfj75kcsaSDX2dHBJN0HvGj3C4zmsemyvPy_ICDtKXs8s1pidkXtK7X1A-c5LSG7muCNi31B1BvTaeB9uoZDZ2osln3Kq6O-rPJZSogQO4LnwXghWt=w474-h631-no

I dunno but I feel like Aladdin's legs could use some self-tanner as well, LOL.
Ha! Aladdin def needs some sun on those ankles!

Here's Steve's ride picture. I'm kinda glad I didn't go, look how crowded it was, they squeezed so many people onto this boat!

HtFu9YeDxmZYUY5E4MGUxCIs-FptkeWhffaERN-KpYOyTiMUXc5pOUPN5aVrG8U_0ZKB2f3wdjQduPgxdHN4-6f5jqrOxLEQvcQKfh6wuDW0f3DJBEdZ6y7drH1ywfemS-kbApoC5cEeIgVKX9Kf3OU120dj62tY9CaJguzDRhAeaL_zS6B5BN8qDglNls1bGEERD6eQnW4pqP6Fdx0EWDjG5B84sShFv5zlHgmPZ_QfLS36S6IE1Yxu91jnTPBvE3HtcfhWnmCOyWhVQT3TMF56Cu-XUt8xSFAeJ5eRwOD-gHBPcLYpFWbfSwvQXTD9zNMu2I_IUieYiGWkAUQB3MZCBF0Q5BGtze-y5ZMEAoQS5AvnwxKWMIVoFvwIPj8KxNJihq2PsaaOr8NUCsOjjr-kIfiABDBzXE54EyX3tKCJtsDtVpBVx4C7StcNGpG3xEELLUT8npBvS285dCsbBdgwLtKvN4dpTeTZniL_aEuMA2mo-Z4E-573ZGIF2wrxIyvMCzZVnAGe_t3NK_OsbEOg08Im-aHH9hEz0CqrbyQetr70g0xlk6ewXLYOFJtJsgsvc4Zr7JWsBn_0JAWxRIaKt8kBVwuhQ6_FloNeq2c0SXuF3IuCMEBpWlLhQt10AbcyuZx1RHNKAMDkMN6D5BWUREJwm7RQ=w800-h532-no
That is no chunky boat!

We got one of each of the 2 flavors offered: Cheeseburger and Buffalo Chicken.

Ku_btsaE5pJGuK8rjb3xopIMCWX083OS7Tw65uaf4oKGRR--g9Ksgi_XdocZ7aH5I-RK23BD2z8PbrBS02qYYzcauyvqcHBItnZ6gSKmBuDGZxWc6QkAYnEFGl9CIfS-eae7WBA-uOt1opNuv0OL113c6ZGfX6dzrSp-qRD9_Sx1GxakFwe1MaiwSXZNrpRI4U2KFmstsR_xwRNMe-F4NZqM_XkI08-rh7I9_txImWTAXJTuv4YbPcJvad9zVg7lYkl1FuZxvsO6iDTSUKlo0JaplSz3i5oxN3sQaOCeJ9DOBvGALk3XBBmxhw_zsjN9mDI7x1XiafFy-jVMuhc3WGXoUdG-a2y0O7-YQyMvj6udWtNTAQLkVgFDqernZkWKM2VYMeezDypjAIsFbUbdUi1LkdTrhYG08ATPFaZXdu96Yq6tchX3Y1YG0y-AAko6IzE8_kj0LTFbMXeei8-o0wAgHRTFt5QOLbY1tLXDoB1Z3TPZdYVo1mBUJSwMVYDpRspkxuOpFwqAIVchIKptkL-ZLRLm-oqbkMXNpZfdmaMuiWXlCk_KGxsy6rHARcMBqMLIFrm-9AjfiJRF5_P1ocGKNKun3oIyp9MRPG2mCQXkZtVcE7KrR0_p8-32b2IR2jdHZsdvF0eEd2-emD3qnAStAj-MndZu=w600-h800-no
We got these on this trip as well. And we were pleased with them. Andy really liked the cheeseburger ones.

You can also see the tuna tartar that we got as one of our appetizers.

gVjjv7OBW__Vb_FyYek8dL_IFtJsn-kI5TzKJqTbqJ33vBHrQsXSs2SmuBu5Og-v4PY19pSKQR6VfqonbC6eK-vxNSKWSbJI6np_v7mblg4ZFg-5w07QLFibsO5Kky6nYoBNu0R-Ewbma4v2rOXPhr4ciziFKVgeNgLQoAtgeL4GpIFDWGSlYQKRDw0fsQA-S3qx-Q9U2x37ueUeKTAM854VPvrcQVNli0ogMYkn7m42_6EmfsxC5PWc0wfQbZzurFWhfixftTK7JsxeHq-8JP57e46NyXahTsmRcFIUW3gjL8SC-b4jbp4F6BWbMyxp-nTPBFuREErOllUrzjz4ZEcdFiAXN5r3cF5JpMr-d5rLplK6xKDaUP1SNMCLVAXhGWoSQmcdA1DAFokXNJmASnxWZxPGiGRbn0nHeSMGwhaveCscKrFAV-8kWSYYh6Z4POKApiTEpawbM9_3cMIcKjiB41rJUqviY9dXFmcYZ1MpbX0lbhz0Sv1EqO0v0uKhkNmb79OXjPetCxYcrdMkBIS0hrJeUqOB-KI6P8etj3C5g_UfesniJcESFKsFATMEvbuVocXnhNS93Flbq8CT50_8lyjtrHRQ3ZbRFI6Z_n_UYxP7AhiBifXxUpu7I4GJkIIdeaPMO3h70zaOdQ6Cd31r7BB3A4ba=w600-h800-no
How did you like the tuna tar tar? I was a little disappointed with it. I have had better. We had alot of the smae things when we went on our adults only trip. Those ribs!

Your Royal Room is beautiful! Your first full day seemed like a lot of fun! That meal at Morimoto looked delicious.

I'm excited to hear all about FoTA!

I loved the Royal Room, it was definitely a treat to stay there.
And Morimotos! I love it so much!

I love your necklace! Have you seen the princess necklaces at Hot Topic? They are very pretty. I just got Merida and Alice.

Thank you! My necklace was from Hot Topic if I'm not mistaken. I just got a snow white necklace from there. I love all their Disney jewelry!

Great picture!
\

Thank you!

That is ridiculous!! I would rather wait in line longer than get in that boat.

Right? The CM must have had marching orders to fill the boat to capacity!

You ca't beat the People Mover!

It's the most perfect ride!

Morimoto looks amazing!

It was delicious!

Awesome theming!

It's perfect for me!

:laughing: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I love it!

:) Thanks!

I'm super excited for this too! I hope it's better placed than PotC :rotfl:

Haha I hope so too!

You know I can relate ;)

Absolutely!

Your breakfast at POFQ looks delicious! We rarely stop for breakfast in the food courts, just bring muffins or granola bars with us, but I need to try that next visit.

Us too, we usually eat bars and fruit in our room as well and eat in the parks but breakfasts at POFQ definitely deserve a detour!

Your ears are adorable! How many pairs do you usually bring with you!

Thank you! They are form Aloha Ears designs! I usually bring just a few, I only started wearing ears regularly last year. I found the greatest thing: Interchangeable ears! Aloha Ears (as well as a bunch of others on Etsy and online) make ears that you just buy one band a different ears and bows and it's been soooo convenient and that's what got me started wearing more ears!

The hei hei cone looks yummy, but so tall you'd have to eat it quickly.

Oh for sure it melted so quickly in the heat!

That's too bad your ribs were salty. After reading so much about those ribs, I tried them last December and loved them. Definitely worth the trip there.

They had great flavor and I love the fact that it was deep fried. I think ours were just over-sauced.

High praise! I'm sure I'll stay there again at some point and it sounds like I should try the shrimp and grits!

SOOOOOOO GOOOOD

Super-de-duper cute!

Thank you dear!

Sounds like a solid snack plan!

:thumbsup2

Isn't it beautiful there! I love how it's decorated!

Just gorgeous!

I've never heard of ribs being cooked that way. Intriguing!

Me neither but anything deep friend is a-ok in my book!

I ended up pushing our morning FP back to start at around 10:30am, which gave us more time to get to the parks.

That's smart. I rarely even start them before 11AM on a day with no bus problems. :laughing:

I guess I'm just like a princess mashup.

:thumbsup2 :laughing:

I love POFQ and can't wait to stay there again in 2.5 weeks!

Wow you're gonna have to wrap up one of these TRs. I'm getting so confused. I was thinking, wasn't your knee hurting yesterday? :laughing:

At the food court we decided to order the Mickey beignets and the shrimp and grits with poached eggs. OMG this was the most amazing breakfast ever from a food court!

Hmmmm... the beignets sound lovely, I'm not sure I'm a shrimp and grits person.

So the fact that the balloon pictures did not resemble a hippo hanging from balloons and Steve was a relief. :rotfl:

You would never look like a hippo!

I can't wait to see the new ride pictures in a few weeks!

What's this?

So a few days before our trip, it was revealed that the new Hei Hei cone would be on sale on that very day at Aloha Isle.

And now according to a competing site whose name I can't post here cause they block it out, the cone is gone.

, I wanted a picture with Jasmine and Aladdin

I would too!

How come my ride photos where they sense you by your band never come out?

Looks like they're picked in like sardines.

The verdict on this? Blech.

Glad I didn't try that one.

After mine train I decided to be a little more snacky so we went to try something I've always wanted to get...the springs rolls from the cart outside of Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride. We got one of each of the 2 flavors offered: Cheeseburger and Buffalo Chicken.

OK that sounds really weird.

And of course all my DIS friends knew exactly where I was! Those who weren't Disney people said stuff like "paradise" or "anyplace but at work" LOL!

I think I remember that!

I think I got the one with the Yuzu martini which I really like.

Had to Google Yuzu. For my birthday in a weekish I'm going to Yuzu Shabu, my favorite Shabu place.

We also split an order of the ribs. These ribs are different because they are deep fried.

I really liked those ribs when we had them a couple years ago.

We were pooped so I'm glad we had an early night. I definitely should try chilling a bit more as usually I'm a park-hop-till-you-drop kinda girl!

I can't do that any more. I like the idea of chilling. I'm getting too old for anything else.

I love the title, Disney definitely sparks joy for me too. I’m sorry everything has been so rough, but it makes me happy you had such a good trip. I definitely think the cones are cute, at least one tasted good as well. Yay, for a new resort. Port Orleans is definitely on my to-do list, glad you enjoyed it.

I love your trip reports! Can't wait to follow along :love::love::love:

Thank you so much for following and reading!! :)

Looks like you guys are having a blast so far! Can't wait to read the rest!

Thank you!! We had a wonderful trip!

Joining in! I have to tell you that I love your reports. We leave in 29 days and your report is making me so pumped up for our trip!

Thank you so much for reading!!
Hope you have a magical time! One more week for us!!

You also taught me that the buses don't go to DS until 4 from the parks, so thank you!

LOL we found out the hard way one year!

He is working on his research project now. Counting and monitoring native birds on an island with no predators.

Sounds like an amazing opportunity!

Thanks! We are very proud of him and thrilled that he is going to DC.

:goodvibes

So amazing congrats again!!

Me neither, but they were delicious!

Yum that looks great too!! I have not been to Ale and Compass yet. I feel like I need to add that into my epic trip next week but we already have such packed schedules!

Thank you!! I think the Dole Whip makes everyone look good.

That's what I said! But Steve does not care, LOL.

It's delicious! I think you'll really enjoy it!

heading to Disney tomorrow. Will try Morimoto based on your posts! Hoping to tough out the Easter/spring break crowds... Also had shrimp and grits the other night lol

I hope you enjoyed Morimoto!! And hope you had a magical trip!
That breakfast looked seriously amazing and I don't even like shrimp that much! :love:

I never have shrimp for breakfast but if I had access to shrimp and grits like this I would!!

:rotfl: it is a really cute picture!

Thank you!

You can't even see the boat!

Right? It's because it's sinking.

I love that you guys are fine splitting up to do your own thing! I am friends with some velcro couples and they can get on my nerves :laughing:

LOL no we are perfectly fine and often I like to do things on my own that Steve doesn't like to do like shop and search for snacks that I MUST HAVE, whereas he likes to do EE and ToT and I can't do them so we just do our own thing!

Nope. Texture is fine.
I've just found them.... bland or boring.

It takes on the flavor of whatever sauce is on it so I guess as long as you have a flavorful sauce!

OMG! Blind! Since birth, do you think? Or some sort of accident?
Betting he stared at an eclipse.

I bet that was it!
Also paint chips could have had an effect.

:laughing:
Thanks. That helps a lot.

You're welcome. Glad to be of service!

'Cause I'm smart too.

I have noticed!

I swear every time we think to stop here it's not open. Maybe this trip!

I hope you get to try it!

I think I need that lamp...

i LOVED the decor inside the royal rooms!

Your photo pass photos are adorbs for sure!

Thank you!!

I'm glad you got to try those cones, I just read they are not bringing the heihei cone back??? I never got to try one but darn it, was hoping to one day! #revolt! #bringbackheiheicone!

Think my tags will catch on? :rotfl2:

I think it worked! They brought the Hei Hei cone back!!

Another fabulous meal at Morimoto! Now I can say I've been there, too :thumbsup2 And even saw the table we sat at. Man, Downtown Disney in Cali needs to be BIGGER with more restaurants:rotfl:

I really want to go again in a week! I have actually not planned too many meals our first few days there just because we added them last minute. I kinda want to try new places but I do love me some Morimoto!

Catching up! Was so behind all my TR's I love to follow. So sorry about your Dad. I lost my mom in August so have been going through the same emotions/roller coaster. Love that you had this escape. We went in February and it was a nice trip. Emotional but nice. Looking forward to the rest of your report.

Thank you for following along! I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom. :hug: You are in my thoughts and prayers. It's definitely an emotional roller coaster. But Disney was definitely the break that we needed. I even felt my dad's presence at Disney. Not a weird ghost-y way but more like a sign - It'll be coming up in my TR at some point!

Just caught up. Currently planning our first trip to POR so very interested in your reviews.

Thank you for reading!!
POR is a lovely resort! It's very big though, much bigger than I am used to! The Royal Rooms were lovely!

I haven't had a zeppoli in FOREVER!!!!

I know me neither! But they are so good!!

Great pic!

Thank you!

Morgan was able to score 2 of these! We did one mobile order and then later in the week, had to wait in line. Blek! She really liked it, but she gave me her sour candy.

Yum!! So they got rid of them and then brought them back, yay!!
The sour candy is the best part!!

Ha! Aladdin def needs some sun on those ankles!

Haha yes!!!

That is no chunky boat!

That it definitely is not! :rotfl:

We got these on this trip as well. And we were pleased with them. Andy really liked the cheeseburger ones.

They were surprisingly good!!

How did you like the tuna tar tar? I was a little disappointed with it. I have had better. We had alot of the smae things when we went on our adults only trip. Those ribs!

We definitely have had better! Even from the other Morimoto restaurants! Have you been to the original in Philly? We have not but we have been to the NYC one a few times.

That's smart. I rarely even start them before 11AM on a day with no bus problems. :laughing:

I'm learning that that is the plan to follow. :)

Wow you're gonna have to wrap up one of these TRs. I'm getting so confused. I was thinking, wasn't your knee hurting yesterday? :laughing:

Honestly it still hurts! Randomly. Just getting old I guess. :sad:
But yup I'm gonna finish up the Crazy Dis Asians one this weekend hopefully since Epic Trip starts in a week!

Hmmmm... the beignets sound lovely, I'm not sure I'm a shrimp and grits person.

Honestly I am not the biggest shrimp and grits fan but I guess it's because I've never had such good ones!!
Even the one at the CAlifornia Grill wasn't this good plus this one is cheaper, LOL.

You would never look like a hippo!

I've had some unflattering hippo moments from PP photographers. Of course never to be shared on a TR. :rotfl:

What's this?

Haunted Mansion at WDW is starting ride photos with the ghost at the end! Not sure if it's only at WDW or at DL too.

And now according to a competing site whose name I can't post here cause they block it out, the cone is gone.

They brought it back!! I will let you know for sure in a week!

How come my ride photos where they sense you by your band never come out?

Looks like they're picked in like sardines.

Yup it's the sardine boat!!
Sometimes the ride photos are hit or miss with us!!

Glad I didn't try that one.

Yeah it's bad.

OK that sounds really weird.

Sounds weird but tasted good!
It's like a cheesy fried spring roll.

Had to Google Yuzu. For my birthday in a weekish I'm going to Yuzu Shabu, my favorite Shabu place.

Yuzu is an asian citrus fruit.
I love shabu shabu!! The places in Cali are much better than the ones we have here I think.

I really liked those ribs when we had them a couple years ago.

They are good but ours had too much sauce I think. It tasted too salty to me! But I loved the fried texture.

I can't do that any more. I like the idea of chilling. I'm getting too old for anything else.

You know what? ME too! :laughing:

I love the title, Disney definitely sparks joy for me too. I’m sorry everything has been so rough, but it makes me happy you had such a good trip. I definitely think the cones are cute, at least one tasted good as well. Yay, for a new resort. Port Orleans is definitely on my to-do list, glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you! It was definitely a trip that was much needed.
I'll have to try the Tangled cone in a week! Hope that one is still there!

Yes I just saw on FB they brought the Hei Hei cone back - my hashtag worked :rotfl2:

Can't believe you are less than a week out from the EPIC trip!!!

Today was MK day but I was a little worried because it was also half marathon day and all the bus transportation would be backed up and take forever. I knew this from experience traveling between parks 2 years ago on princess half day which took forever, so I ended up pushing our morning FP back to start at around 10:30am, which gave us more time to get to the parks. We did get up early anyways because I wanted to walk over to POFQ for breakfast!
That was good thinking!! I hadn't accounted for the Princess races when doing my planning. (I shouldn't be admitting that here! :rolleyes1) We ended up on a VERY lengthy ride from POR to MK that morning!
This is my MK look which combines like 3 different princesses: Cinderella castle ears, Beauty and the Beast necklace, and you can't see it now but my tank top is a Jasmine tank. I guess I'm just like a princess mashup.
Love it!

I love POFQ and can't wait to stay there again in 2.5 weeks!
We love it too and wish we could stay there! Dang third kid! :laughing:

I love my castle!

EDpnJH1VbgYUr3fPHNVdhFMuL5-YzlbCqEEzqDL-GcZEqtTCxB8Z_IwHgScZF97uKWfuidsARhz0rU3sb0T9t-4i6hYy_yVFhN_alLwKkmeiZ1BosJ-CpYHiwnUG3Sik1_Ay8cXDM5DYcty0GE7JIwzf05H_7gqis-6a2DTnBP60iI-CEQBwKRLsRVANRuPzJBd_3mO7_eGN3SA1NiXWJrWk66P4PhsU9Dmhkp-KesncJpwIk0MqQykVLwtEL4DIUEtJ0PWi7GVW9o5wEQ7QqCdBsLKXFbLOxm1Fy4fo_qJsU7Y7OYPa50VEU3gmEPeWpBdeY1YNoMPzQwAFP1TlQ5w2VH5omu1HBHIl9qZIThIhMN5DXHCrafOMG2HkzSsp6Z_xsAiVtm3RT-CqXVdLFC2wNEMwGfFrrKei_JSUBNtc3GD0reRZyF9zw6qDbmu-lUwzznm-9k8RpxUYjgPybfVYQq58NKXwDW0zqj5eO5I7VV1ayghw68U30jyevofPqB9iCww4gE-Au4K4Z6ceLU8C6z5eeVtB_vylOD0oRY4BxXfVkRYvBkKz6SPwyIvCvAdGufpG1AaCZcWJoGajBp71sAGiMA2I_hf0xQaa4DQcmMJ4lmBXAeNTuDavdV3h095WhtM2iMCRI23U13wqioWJ035Ls3ml=w533-h800-no

Love this pic! I keep looking for myself in the crowd--haha

Our next FP window opened for the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness! I love it when the timing is just right.

Gotta love the timing AND that ride!

So a few days before our trip, it was revealed that the new Hei Hei cone would be on sale on that very day at Aloha Isle. So of course I was one of the first people to get on mobile order to get one of these beauties:

Totally bummed I never got around to getting one of those. So cute!!

Curious which you liked better? Honestly, we were a little disappointed with the cheeseburger one maybe because there has been so much positive we've read about it. Liked both but we weren't blown away!

After Jungle Cruise we headed to Disney Springs as the buses there started running (They run after 4pm from the parks). We were pretty tired even though we didn't park hop or do anything crazy, I think it's just getting used to all the walking we were doing. We had an early dinner at Morimoto Asia and then headed back to the room!

We went to Disney Springs that evening too! I think we must have been there later than you, though. We went back to POR to swim and then went over to DS for cocktails and mocktails at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar! I LOVE the new Disney Springs set up. There is just still so much for us to see that we haven't had a chance to yet. Next trip:)
I spent a while walking around World of Disney. So much cute D-Lish stuff!

We had to take some back to the room that night, as we couldn't eat any more and we were so tired! I ate more of the chicken later while watching the Oscars. We took the boat back to POR just in time for the start of the broadcast. There was no way I was going to miss Lady Gaga sing with Bradley Cooper! Even though it was a low-key kinda day, I had an amazing time eating lots of ice cream/whips, riding the Peoplemover, shopping and eating!

It does sound like a great day. Isn't it funny what we term "low-key" when at Disney? Probably to most people that would seem like a pretty full day!

[/QUOTE]

We definitely have had better! Even from the other Morimoto restaurants! Have you been to the original in Philly? We have not but we have been to the NYC one a few times.
We have not. We sadly don't eat out in Philly much. I used to walk by it everyday for work! Ironically. One day. I did look to see if they had the ribs at the one in philly but no... Which is kind of nice, I like that you can only get it at certain places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter