This weeks Dining Show : Mama Melrose ?

Ron from Michigan

DIS Veteran
So we watched this weeks dining show from Mama Melrose. Towards the end of the show Pete said they would discuss there overall thoughts on food & prices when they got back to the studio and than the show just abruptly ended. I'm wondering what happened or if they just decided to skip it this week.

So we watched this weeks dining show from Mama Melrose. Towards the end of the show Pete said they would discuss there overall thoughts on food & prices when they got back to the studio and than the show just abruptly ended. I'm wondering what happened or if they just decided to skip it this week.

Me, too! I was wondering the same thing.

Make that 3 of us wondering. I figured that - for whatever reason - they broke this up into 2 episodes, the other to air next week/later?

Me 4. Also, the passing of the baton/microphone was interesting. Maybe place it on a stand in the center of the table would be sufficient (not sure if it would still pickup too much background noise)?

I haven't listened yet but I'm glad to hear they use a different mic. Did it help? I always fast forward through the portion recorded in the restaurant because the background noise is so awful. I just go straight to the studio part.

I haven't listened yet but I'm glad to hear they use a different mic. Did it help? I always fast forward through the portion recorded in the restaurant because the background noise is so awful. I just go straight to the studio part.

No studio part yet.

I understand that. I was asking if the sound quality in the restaurant was better with whatever mic they used this time. I normally skip the restaurant part because the sound is so bad.
The quality was fine - you could hear them, but you kind of have to concentrate.

I could also hear the baby crying in the background. ;-)

I wondered same thing and even buffed back some to see if I missed it but MMR is always a family fav. And yes the mic was a good choice much clearer for me

I am in the minority here, but I don't think the studio segment usually adds much. It seems to just rehash what they talk about at the table. One or the other seems sufficient to me.

I am in the minority here, but I don't think the studio segment usually adds much. It seems to just rehash what they talk about at the table. One or the other seems sufficient to me.
Exactly. The reason I like the studio segment though is because I can actually hear what they're saying. The "at the table" portion is worthless to me because I really struggle to make out what they're saying. That's why I always skip it.

I enjoyed the review but it is missing the studio discussion. I have noticed there are more on location shows being filmed. They might need to switch it up a bit and use the old clip on mics.

Using the mic helped the audio quality a lot. The only negative is that it seemed a bit awkward to literally pass the mic around the table. However, I would guess that this "awkwardness" will improve as they do more.

One suggestion...they could invite fewer people to participate in the review. That would cut down on mic-passing.

And this is why Pete made the decision to post the video without the studio portion. Everything they said at the restaurant they repeated in the studio, but they did add the prices. He knows he has to make a decision between the show being in the field or in the studio, but he's still messing with the format to see what he wants.

I just listened to a bit of the show so I would know what you were all talking about. The sound quality is definitely better, though it looks like the restaurant wasn't terribly busy so I wonder if the background noise was just generally less than on prior reviews anyway. Still, it was certainly easier to hear what they were saying.

I know I'm in the minority but I only listen to the show so sound quality is really important to me. However, I also realize that for something like a dining review, people appreciate actually seeing the restaurant and the food. If I was voting, I would take the studio recording over the restaurant recording but I'd probably lose in that vote.

I love all their shows and would watch them regardless of the format of the shows. But for me, the sweet spot is to see a small bit of the restaurant atmosphere at the beginning and then hear them rehash their experience in the studio while showing still images of the food. You get much more of the team members’s personality that way. They aren’t “themselves” when they are filming in a crowded Disney restaurant. That’s the best of both worlds to me: I get to see a bit of the atmosphere and ambiance of the restaurant, then I get to see quality photos of the plated dishes and can actually hear what they are saying about them. That seems to work out the best for both audio and video quality.
I like this idea. Show the restaurant but talk about it in the studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!