This year is lookin good..Get it? Because it's 2020?- Another international Disney PTR

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
Thanks for the offer! We went to Oahu/Aulani a couple years ago so if we do Hawaii we'll go to a different island, either Kauai or Maui!
Oooh Maui! Loved it so much! Though in February is awesome because of all the whale watching. If you are on the west side of the island you can literally see whales breaching while relaxing on the beach! Plus whale watching boats - I did 2. One where we stumbled upon a mom and calf who decided we were interesting and circled around and around us. And the second we came across a "whale fight" (as our guide started screaming) with two males racing after a female and trying to one-up each other!

Plus Maui has the best authentic pineapple tour and Surfing Goat Dairy, which is such a chill place!

Sorry... gotta control myself there!

dolewhipdreams

Counting days until my next Dole Whip
Oooh Maui! Loved it so much! Though in February is awesome because of all the whale watching. If you are on the west side of the island you can literally see whales breaching while relaxing on the beach! Plus whale watching boats - I did 2. One where we stumbled upon a mom and calf who decided we were interesting and circled around and around us. And the second we came across a "whale fight" (as our guide started screaming) with two males racing after a female and trying to one-up each other!

Plus Maui has the best authentic pineapple tour and Surfing Goat Dairy, which is such a chill place!

Sorry... gotta control myself there!
That sounds amazing!!

dolewhipdreams

Counting days until my next Dole Whip
We stayed in Killarney for 3 nights back in 2017, and I have been dying to go back! Ireland is number 1 on our list of places to return to outside the U.K. :goodvibes
I went in high school and I've been dying to go back! So if we go, I want it to be a mix of taking Jon to see some of my favorite things and then trying new things together :D

Bring on the bacon and cabbage!!

pkondz

. . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky
Well, this coronavirus is certainly adding some ambiguity to our China plans. The State Dept just upped the travel advisory to a level 4 (do not travel). We still have 7 months to go before our trip so there's a chance this could be contained by then. I'm not hopeful, but Jon is absolutely sure we'll be able to go.
Hmmm... 7 months...

It could be over by then... I'm trying to remember how long the SARS one lasted...

Okay, Googled and it was about 2 years long, but mostly contained within a few months.

Timeline of the SARS outbreak
Plus I'm sure you've seen that both Shanghai and Hong Kong Disneyland are closed until further notice.
Ugh... I'm a dolt. That hadn't even occurred to me. :sad2:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.