This year is lookin good..Get it? Because it's 2020?- Another international Disney PTR

I'm realizing that 2020 might be a kind of slow PTR year simply because there's not as much planning to be done, since two of our trips (the cruise and ABD) are pretty all-inclusive. I'm not sure how I feel about that because I love planning so much... Oh well, onto the updates!

Marvel Day at Sea Cruise
Our cruise planning is pretty much done! We booked our excursions a couple of weeks ago and that was really the last piece to figure out. So here's the official cruise itinerary:

Day 1- Evening flight into Miami, stay at hotel near the airport. We get in at 9:14pm and I thought it would be nice not to have to worry about travelling too far so we can get some good rest. Fun fact- this is Valentine's Day. When I told Jon we'd be eating Valentine's dinner on an airplane he was excited. "Does this mean I don't have to get you anything for Valentine's Day??" "Yes, but only if you let me buy whatever I want on the cruise."

Marriage is all about compromise.

Day 2- Embarkation! I was late to complete online check-in so our arrival time isn't until 12:30pm. I think that this time will still work for us, even if it isn't as early as I would like it to be. Hopefully the crowds who got there super early will have thinned and we can just kind of breeze through.

Since it's embarkation we don't have any set plans. We'll probably try for a ship tour since it's our first time on the Magic. We'll also hit up the DVC celebration and the Sail Away party. We're suckers for the live shows so we will watch that before dinner.

Day 3- Day at Sea. We have Palo brunch booked and words cannot describe my excitement! As for the rest of the day, I'm excited to see what the Magic has in store. I bought us a hidden Mickey book for the cruise line so I'm sure we'll go on a hunt. And we have the whole day free to play some games, listen to music, meet characters, etc!

This is Pirate Night so we'll get all pirate-y and enjoy the pirate party (and meet characters!). I remember from our last cruise that after the party they opened up a separate pirate buffet so we'll be sure to actually save room for it this time around.

Day 4- Grand Cayman. This port is one of the reasons we booked this specific cruise! I've been dying to visit Grand Cayman and I'm sooo excited for it. We booked a third party excursion that will take us three places: snorkeling by a coral reef, Stingray City, and Starfish Beach. That will only take a few hours so when we're done we'll probably find something to eat then enjoy the beach before getting back on the ship.

In the evening we'll get cleaned up for the show and dinner and see what fun we can have afterwards.

Day 5- Marvel Day at Sea. This is the second major reasons we chose this sailing. We're both big Marvel fans and I'm sooo excited for all the festivities! My major to do list for the day is meeting characters. Jon isn't super into that so he'll probably sleep in while I go try to get it all out of the way in the morning. I'll have a costume that I'm super stoked about and I'll drag Jon to the costume celebration (so he can take photos, naturally).

A hint for my costume- it combines two of my favorite red heads.

We'll also check out the shows and special Marvel offerings before the Marvel-themed dinner! Ah I'm so excited, my heart rate is actually elevated as I write this.

Day 6- Castaway Cay. And here we have what sealed the deal on choosing this vacation over others. We love Castaway Cay so much and we're excited to go back! I think we'll do the same excursion as last time, which is the snorkel/bike/tube rental combo. The theme of the day is relax and enjoy Caribbean sunshine.

It's our last night on the cruise so we will for sure catch the show and dinner, then take advantage of all the fun before we have to return to the real world.

Day 7- Debarkation. After breakfast we'll get off the ship, hopefully with glowing tans and stuffed tummies. Our flight home is at 2:12pm so we'll have a little bit of time between debarkation and our flight. I'm still not sure how we'll pass the time. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all (Mickey) ears.

And that's our cruise! As of today, we are 50 days out from embarkation. The only thing we don't know yet is our stateroom since we booked the guaranteed rate. We're still hopeful for a full verandah as a slight upgrade from the navigator's verandah!

No real updates on our May WDW trip or the China ABD except that I'm starting to dig into research on HKDL & SDL to make sure I know what to expect. Booking for those hotels won't happen for a few more months and I'm trying to make sure we get a good deal.

Also in case you missed it- our DLP TR is chugging along! Remember that my sense of worth as a human inhabitant of this planet stems from people on the Internet liking me. So if you are interested either in Paris or boosting my own fragile ego, check it out here: A New Adventure Calls to Us- a Disneyland Paris TR extravaganza!

there's not as much planning to be done, since two of our trips (the cruise and ABD) are pretty all-inclusive. I'm not sure how I feel about that because I love planning so much...
Oh, you poor, poor child!!!

:rolleyes1
When I told Jon we'd be eating Valentine's dinner on an airplane he was excited. "Does this mean I don't have to get you anything for Valentine's Day??" "Yes, but only if you let me buy whatever I want on the cruise."
:lmao:
Smooth.
Day 4- Grand Cayman. This port is one of the reasons we booked this specific cruise! I've been dying to visit Grand Cayman and I'm sooo excited for it.
Ooohhh!!! I've wanted to visit the Cayman Islands for... decades!
Day 7- Debarkation.
We have that at my house. My dogs do that every time someone rings the doorbell.

I know, I know. Poor entitled millennial at it again
I read the definition of that the other day.

Boomer: Anyone older than you that you disagree with.
Millenial: Anyone younger than you that you disagree with.
I'm so excited!
I would be too!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it. And pictures! I demand pictures!

Birthday trip update!

So this is less of an update and more of a pondering and request for advice.

I have semi-officially decided that I'll be heading down to WDW for my birthday in late October. I have 3 vacation days available and I'm trying to figure out how to set up the dates. I think I know which one I would prefer but for the sake of discussion, I'm throwing this would-you-rather question out there for you all. This trip will involve the weekend of Halloween (because I fully intend on attending MNSSHP on Halloween). SO these are my two options:

Option 1: Use my 3 vacation days for the days leading up to the weekend. I would fly out the evening of 10/27 and fly home the evening of 11/2.

Pros: Would be in the parks on my actual birthday. Would it be sacrilegious to consider spending my bday at Universal instead? Birthday butterbeer sounds pretty amazing...
Cons: Would miss the start of Christmas stuff (might catch the very, very beginning of decorations)

Option 2: Use my 3 vacation days in some combination around the weekend, allowing a day or two more into November.
Pros: See the Hallo-Christmas transition begin
Cons: Would not be in the parks on my actual birthday

I'm personally leaning toward Option 1 because I just really really really love being in the parks on the specific day of my birth. PLUS it's my golden birthday, which means I'm turning the same age as the date (I'll let you try to figure out which day it is but please for the love of all things holy don't speak the number aloud. I am already mortified that it keeps getting bigger).

BUT it would also be so cool to see the transition between holidays. Although it would be even cooler to plan a whole trip that's long enough to include the last MNSSHP and the first MVMCP, which isn't possible this year.

So if this were your birthday, which would you choose?

Oh also it'll be a solo trip so that I can do what I want, when I want, for however long I want.

I think I would go with Option 1. There's something extra special about waking up at Disney on your actual birthday. Plus, as you said, birthday butterbeer sounds like perfection.

I have semi-officially decided that I'll be heading down to WDW for my birthday in late October.
1. WDW on your birthday sounds great!
2. All the cool kids have birthdays in late October.
I fully intend on attending MNSSHP on Halloween
Book early. It sells out.
Would it be sacrilegious to consider spending my bday at Universal instead? Birthday butterbeer sounds pretty amazing...
Nope. It's your day. Do what you want. Wherever you want.
I'm personally leaning toward Option 1 because I just really really really love being in the parks on the specific day of my birth.
I agree. Completely.
I'll let you try to figure out which day it is but please for the love of all things holy don't speak the number aloud.
Here we call that a champagne birthday. My youngest just celebrated hers last month.
Oh also it'll be a solo trip so that I can do what I want, when I want, for however long I want.
::yes::

Even bought her a small bottle of "champagne" (well, technically a sparkling wine) to celebrate.
That's adorable! I doubt anyone is going to get me gold for mine. But champagne (or sparkling wine) I can do.

Yay for updates!

Feb MDAS Cruise

It's exactly one month until we leave for our cruise. Yippee!! Like I said in the last update, everything is pretty much set. The only thing I added to the plan was a rental car for our debarkation day.

Our flight home doesn't leave until 2:12pm so we'll have a few hours between getting off the ship and when we need to be at the airport. Since we'll have our luggage I figured a rental car was the best option. I have a list of things we could choose from to fill the time, depending on how we feel and how the weather is.

Now all that's left to do is finalize our daily itineraries and get packing!

Oh and I also need to finish my Marvel costume. I have most of the supplies and now I just need to construct. I'll post updates on that later, since I'm pretty excited about it.

May WDW Trip

I had to reorganize our plans for this trip because somehow I missed that Dapper Day was the first weekend of our trip. I love me some Dapper Day and needed to make sure we would have some time for it. But Jon does not love him some Dapper Day so it couldn't be too much time, ya feel me?

So we're skipping the Saturday part (which is at DHS) because we already have a lot of DHS planned for later in the trip when we'll be staying at Beach Club and can walk/take the Skyliner. But we will go in on Sunday to Epcot and spend most of the morning/early afternoon there, soaking in all the Dapper-ness. My plan for us right now is to Dapperbound (that's Dapper Disneybound) as Robin Hood and Maid Marian and I'm hunting happily for the perfect outfits.

I have us leaving Epcot mid-afternoon to go back to the resort and change before heading to DAK for the evening. As much as I would love to stay at Epcot even longer, there really wasn't another window for DAK in the trip and I didn't want to cut out time in that park too short. It's already less than it normally is anyway.

I also had to cancel our Homecomin brunch (cue the tears) to make way for Epcot Dapper time and now I'm looking for a different ADR to add on at some other point in the trip. We haven't done TS at DHS in a while so maybe I'll try to book something for lunch one day.

October Birthday WDW Trip

This is the update I'm most excited about- I booked the hotel for my solo birthday trip! The goal of this trip is to make it as cheap as possible, so I grabbed a standard room at ASMovies. I'm hoping for an AP discount to come out later on and I'm being flexible about my options. I've also been doing some research on using third parties to book, like Orbitz or Hotwire. But I wanted to at least have a room booked now, in case for some reason everything fills up. It is Halloweekend, after all.

So I'll be staying at ASMovies October 27-November 1 and I don't have really true plans yet, but here's what I'm thinking so far:

10/27- Fly in after work (waiting on SW schedules to come out and crossing my fingers for a nonstop evening flight), check in and sleep
10/28- Magic Kingdom for most of the day, then some DS time to try some birthday trip drinks and food
10/29- Probably my Universal day. If not, then flip flop this day with the following. It depends on park hours and what they do for HHN (which I'm not doing)
10/30- Epcot for F&W yumminess
10/31- Halloween! Some park during the day then MNSSHP that night.
11/1- Probably more Epcot, depending on how much I was able to eat on previous days. Late flight out to maximize WDW time!

Anyway I'm super excited for more solo time and another amazing birthday at WDW! I'm not sure if I'll make any ADRs, I may not want to tie myself down to any big meals and just go with the snack flow instead. We'll see. I'll probably end up booking some 🤪

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!