Those with Sept UY who had 2018 points extended are you re-booking??

Avery&Todd

DIS Veteran
I know that those of us with Sept UY had our points extended and now expire Nov. 30th so I was just wondering if anyone was deciding to re-book or not. Allegedly our points are being "manually" moved and the extension is being applied but that is supposed to take a few days and we have to call MS to book a new reservation.

And my 250 2018 points disappeared over night and that was kinda sad...:guilty:

We are pondering a mid/later October trip but DH is not 100% on board so we are "talking" about it tonight...again... :headache:

He is not worried about the parks as they seem "safe" to him - it's the flights and I've volunteered for us to drive, but he hates long car trips since he drives all day for work...

Just seeing what others are doing!

:lovestruc:lovestruc

I know that those of us with Sept UY had our points extended and now expire Nov. 30th so I was just wondering if anyone was deciding to re-book or not. Allegedly our points are being "manually" moved and the extension is being applied but that is supposed to take a few days and we have to call MS to book a new reservation.

And my 250 2018 points disappeared over night and that was kinda sad...:guilty:

We are pondering a mid/later October trip but DH is not 100% on board so we are "talking" about it tonight...again... :headache:

He is not worried about the parks as they seem "safe" to him - it's the flights and I've volunteered for us to drive, but he hates long car trips since he drives all day for work...

Just seeing what others are doing!

:lovestruc:lovestruc
I already have a trip booked for October using 2020 points. I’ll be calling Member Services to reallocate the points used so that the extended points (all 2 of them) get taken and the 2020 points get freed up.

TBH, I normally wouldn’t bother over the loss of 2 points, given that it could have been much worse. But, I need those 2 points to complete a reservation that I plan to make during my 2021 UY and I want to bank the 2020 points forward.

Plus, I have to call MS anyway to have them link two reservations. So I might as well take care of this, too.

Does anyone know when the extended points are made available? I’m guessing that it’s not today.

I already have a trip booked for October using 2020 points. I’ll be calling Member Services to reallocate the points used so that the extended points (all 2 of them) get taken and the 2020 points get freed up.

TBH, I normally wouldn’t bother over the loss of 2 points, given that it could have been much worse. But, I need those 2 points to complete a reservation that I plan to make during my 2021 UY and I want to bank the 2020 points forward.

Plus, I have to call MS anyway to have them link two reservations. So I might as well take care of this, too.

Does anyone know when the extended points are made available? I’m guessing that it’s not today.
I would save those 2 points too!!!

I was first told to call on Sept 11th to give them time since they are manually keying in the changes - and then I had a "chat" with MS last week for something else and asked again and was told to give it "just a few days" so.....:confused3

Also, I was thinking that since the points are manually moved, some will be available earlier than others and I would hate to wait until the 11th to book if my points were actually available on the 3rd and the room I wanted was now booked...so I'm pondering "do I start calling every day to check"?? And they don't send you an email stating that the points are available...

I've heard any expired 2019 points should show up in your 2020 Bank by Sep 3rd based upon prior UY that had their points expire. Any 2018 points banked into 2019 take longer to be extended - told by MS today the 8th to the 10th and those points won't show up online. I guess we'll see...

I'm looking to book the last week of October and have a 2 BR at VGF booked for 3 days using 2020 points. I'm hoping the 2018-2019 points come through so we can book the rest of the week.

I just chatted with Toni @ MS and she said that my 2018 pts would be there by the "end of the first week of September" and I asked if she could see if my points had been moved or if I had to call into MS and she said that she did NOT see that my points had been moved yet....

Here are her exact words from the Chat:

ME: Just a quick question - I'm one of those folks with a Sept UY that had 2018 points that were being extended until Nov. 30th. I know that the point extension is being manually entered and I have to call to book a reservation using those points, but can you tell if the points have been moved or not?

Toni: Great Question, if you have impacted Vacation Points they will be moved the first week of September.

and then I went on to get clarification if she could SEE my moved points:

ME: right but can you guys "see" if they've been moved or do I have to call and ask them to check and see if they've been moved?
I just didnt want to call daily if it wasn't necessary if you guys could just peek and see them.."

Toni: I am not seeing them moved at this date as the system will have it done the first week.

Hope this helps!

I have 106 banked 2018 Sept points....I'm not comfortable flying yet so I may have to use RCI. I was actually waiting for some pixie dust to use those points for my March reservation....but I live in fantasyland.

You will not see banked 2018 points online. They can only be used by calling MS and the other UYs have seen them most often within the first week of the month.

2019 UY points that were beyond banking window from a canceled trip will show up in your 2020 UY as banked points and will be eligible to use online to book like normal banked points.

I just chatted with Toni @ MS and she said that my 2018 pts would be there by the "end of the first week of September" and I asked if she could see if my points had been moved or if I had to call into MS and she said that she did NOT see that my points had been moved yet....

Here are her exact words from the Chat:

ME: Just a quick question - I'm one of those folks with a Sept UY that had 2018 points that were being extended until Nov. 30th. I know that the point extension is being manually entered and I have to call to book a reservation using those points, but can you tell if the points have been moved or not?

Toni: Great Question, if you have impacted Vacation Points they will be moved the first week of September.

and then I went on to get clarification if she could SEE my moved points:

ME: right but can you guys "see" if they've been moved or do I have to call and ask them to check and see if they've been moved?
I just didnt want to call daily if it wasn't necessary if you guys could just peek and see them.."

Toni: I am not seeing them moved at this date as the system will have it done the first week.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing, I was going to call today but it sounds like I should just wait at least a week. Really just want those points taken care of so dont have to think about it anymore. I think we will lose like 2 points we bought to fill a reservation but I will take it as a win if we can move the rest. We have a reservation in October, so hopefully things continue to improve so we dont have to scrabble anymore.

I have August 2018 banked points somewhere in the ether and I still have not called to have them reallocated. I currently am holding a reservation using August 2020 points at VGC, but seeing that VGC/DLR hasn't reopened yet, I'm not in a rush to reallocate.

Unless I should be in a rush, should I?

I have August 2018 banked points somewhere in the ether and I still have not called to have them reallocated. I currently am holding a reservation using August 2020 points at VGC, but seeing that VGC/DLR hasn't reopened yet, I'm not in a rush to reallocate.

Unless I should be in a rush, should I?

Well, they need to be used by November, and by freeing up the 2020, those will be there to get something book online in the future,

If VGC Gets canceled, are you going to book something at WDW? Or just let the 2018 points expire? If you will try for a different trip, you could get that booked as a back up from now, with either of the points.

Well, they need to be used by November, and by freeing up the 2020, those will be there to get something book online in the future,

If VGC Gets canceled, are you going to book something at WDW? Or just let the 2018 points expire? If you will try for a different trip, you could get that booked as a back up from now, with either of the points.

Hmm I didn't think of that, but traveling outside of CA is a no-go for me right now, so it's kind of VGC or bust. And we're talking like < 20 points here, so if they expire...I'm not going to be hurt (many people have lost much much more on these boards).

FYI: For August UY's my Banked 2018 points that were extended were available on Thursday August 6th.
Given that I do not think it will take until September 11th for Sept UY points to be available,
Hopefully the first one to find out banked 2018 extended points for Sept UY's are available will post here to let others know.

Thanks. Just called and my 2018 extended banked points (Aug UY) were available today, and MS was able to reallocate them to an existing November reservation. As expected they did not show up online, and I cannot modify the reservation that uses those extended points online.

Last edited:
FYI: For August UY's my Banked 2018 points that were extended were available on Thursday August 6th.
Given that I do not think it will take until September 11th for Sept UY points to be available,
Hopefully the first one to find out banked 2018 extended points for Sept UY's are available will post here to let others know.
THANKS for that information!! I think my plan is to call on Friday, Saturday and Sunday to see if there has been any shifting since Monday is a holiday and MS is closed....

DH and I talked last night and he is IN for a trip in October - now just to wait until I can actually book it and see what rooms/resorts are still available!!

My expired 2019 points with a Sep UY just were added to my 2020 points today.

Entered as "Manual Adjustment Consideration for COVID-19 Impact to Bank pts = 200" on my Point Statement.

Last edited:

Entered as "Manual Adjustment Consideration for COVID-19 Impact to Bank pts = 200" on my Point Statement.

Great news! and I'm assuming you can "see" them on your Dashboard? I should not be able to see my 2018 points.....

Great news! and I'm assuming you can "see" them on your Dashboard? I should not be able to see my 2018 points.....

My 2019 points that we banked late did indeed show up as always. I didn’t have 2018 but those will not. Have to call for to use them.

this looks really sad..and I hope that they do process the "manual adjustment" as they're supposed to do! Did you look on your statement and see where the points went away but then came back??

:scared::scared:

Thanks for including the previous quote. Since it's immovable without a call to MS, I'm going to hold off on calling and reallocating since it's not a sure thing that VGC will be open in November (I'll wait for an official announcement). That'll save me an extra phone later (and keep me off the phones, I'm assuming the wait times are still pretty bad?)

this looks really sad..and I hope that they do process the "manual adjustment" as they're supposed to do! Did you look on your statement and see where the points went away but then came back??
View attachment 523319View attachment 523320

:scared::scared:

I'm going to go ahead and "answer myself" here since I chatted with Todd @ MS today...

I told him that I understood I would NOT see the extended 2018 points on my dashboard at all, but would the transaction show as the manual adjustment of the points in my "Vacation Point Activity Statement" and his answer was....

Todd: No, you will never see these extended Banked Vacation Points online in any way at all.

So, there's that....I was kinda hoping they would put something there so THEN I could see the points were extended so I could call MS and book my new trip, but that's a no-go....

Oh well - so the patiently waiting for the points extension continues.... :scared: :headache: :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter