Those with Sept UY who had 2018 points extended are you re-booking??

I'm going to go ahead and "answer myself" here since I chatted with Todd @ MS today...

I told him that I understood I would NOT see the extended 2018 points on my dashboard at all, but would the transaction show as the manual adjustment of the points in my "Vacation Point Activity Statement" and his answer was....

Todd: No, you will never see these extended Banked Vacation Points online in any way at all.

So, there's that....I was kinda hoping they would put something there so THEN I could see the points were extended so I could call MS and book my new trip, but that's a no-go....

Oh well - so the patiently waiting for the points extension continues.... :scared: :headache: :rolleyes1

I think the reason is that they are not actually extending owners actual points, but giving then the equivalent of OTU points from their own stock.

Reports have said CMs saying something about the points being of a different resort...RIV was mentioned,

While no confirmation of this, it does sound like there is more to things for those points.

I think the reason is that they are not actually extending owners actual points, but giving then the equivalent of OTU points from their own stock.

Reports have said CMs saying something about the points being of a different resort...RIV was mentioned,

While no confirmation of this, it does sound like there is more to things for those points.
THANKS @Sandisw ! I just want whatever points they give me to work for my new Oct reservation!! They tried to get me to book now by using 50% of my current points and then they'd switch them back but our trip is more than the 125 pts we'd have available...

so the waiting begins..

I talked to MS about 2pm today and my 2018 points were there too! I was able to book a reservation for October!!

Here's hoping others have seen their points show up!
Wow, that is very good to hear. Last week when I called they told me to call the end of the week. Almost there! Thank you and enjoy your trips. I NEED TO GO :flower1:

Wow, that is very good to hear. Last week when I called they told me to call the end of the week. Almost there! Thank you and enjoy your trips. I NEED TO GO :flower1:
I was also told that you can "chat" with MS and they can check to see if your points have been extended/made available even though they can't book anything for you - it saves having to make a call and sit on hold for 30 min to just be told "its not time yet"..

I did that several times and it worked for me - after chatting with MS and they confirmed my points were available then I called to book my reservation!!

You can try RIGHT NOW!!

We were able to have our 2018 points reallocated into our existing Oct reservation, man what a roller coaster from when we were supposed to have a trip in April

Oddly enough, those two points that I had banked from Sept 2018 into 2019 (which had been used for a May reservation that got canceled) showed up online this morning as Sept. 2019 Riviera points. I was able to modify my October reservation and use those RIV points. I never needed to call Member Services.

I was going to post the SAME THING!! This is what my dashboard looked like this morning - of my 250 2018 pts we are using 222 @ BLT in October leaving me 28...

which is SO STRANGE because I was told that I would never see this points on my dashboard....its like they were "magical disappearing points"!

Oddly enough, those two points that I had banked from Sept 2018 into 2019 (which had been used for a May reservation that got canceled) showed up online this morning as Sept. 2019 Riviera points. I was able to modify my October reservation and use those RIV points. I never needed to call Member Services.

Wow. That is weird. Well I’d say it confirms that those points were not your actually points but that Disney simply gave owners OTU points from RIV that they still own.

I wonder if this could mean they will be deciding some new updates for those with AUL or VGC points?

Maybe a software update to decrease the load on MS. (So Members can use them online). Be nice if they could label them differently, though, so we didn't have to guess!

The odd thing is that they are listed as Sept 2019 points, which are technically expired. But I was able to use them on an October reservation.

The odd thing is that they are listed as Sept 2019 points, which are technically expired. But I was able to use them on an October reservation.

But the points were extended to November 30th correct? Could be why it shows that way?

Maybe a software update to decrease the load on MS. (So Members can use them online). Be nice if they could label them differently, though, so we didn't have to guess!

Where I saw mine was when I tried to modify the trip that is using them to see what would happen, A BWV contract came up as a choice and it had the 16 transferred points listed.

But, I had nothing on my dashboard since these are already in the trip.

So I have this same issue, but for October Use Year. I was told my MS that I could book a reservation using 2020 points and they'll make the adjustments on their end once the points go through, so I booked a trip for October 3rd (the only dates I could go). Now they're telling me the points won't come in until around October 6th, and they can't do the adjustment retroactively, so I'll be using my 2020 points for that reservation and still need to use my 2018 banked points before they expire in November.

This seems crazy to me given their announcement of these changes said points can be used through November 30th, and nowhere did it say anything about "but you can't use them within 5 days of your use year."

Honestly, I have no desire to go down there in 2 weeks if I'm not using expiring points, but now I'm concerned they're going to put my points in holding if I cancel.

Anyone else having a similar issue? Wondering if a supervisor would be able to do anything.

So I have this same issue, but for October Use Year. I was told my MS that I could book a reservation using 2020 points and they'll make the adjustments on their end once the points go through, so I booked a trip for October 3rd (the only dates I could go). Now they're telling me the points won't come in until around October 6th, and they can't do the adjustment retroactively, so I'll be using my 2020 points for that reservation and still need to use my 2018 banked points before they expire in November.

This seems crazy to me given their announcement of these changes said points can be used through November 30th, and nowhere did it say anything about "but you can't use them within 5 days of your use year."

Honestly, I have no desire to go down there in 2 weeks if I'm not using expiring points, but now I'm concerned they're going to put my points in holding if I cancel.

Anyone else having a similar issue? Wondering if a supervisor would be able to do anything.

They are waiving holding still so that won’t be an issue. The thing is that the points can not be extended until they expire. It appears from all reports, and now with what is happening online, that the points being used for these extensions are Disney owned points and not an owners actual expired points.

So, once the points expire, it appears Disney has to load/transfer points into accounts, which takes time and that is why they are not showing up for about a week into the UY.

It is too bad that when you call before they didn’t mention it would take a week.

So I called today (10min wait yay) re: what I thought were my 2018 banked points (called to book them at AUL), and after 20mins of the MS CM calling another department, they determined that those points were, in fact allocated points from 2019, so they just them in my 2020 UY.

Whaaat?

I’m about 94% sure this is incorrect, but because of how convoluted the provenance of the points got (from the banking and numerous cancellations from Aug 2018 through July 2020)), I can’t prove it — and why would I want to, it’s an “error” in my favor (and might not be an error after all).

I’ll just call it confused pixie dust and be on my way!

So I called today (10min wait yay) re: what I thought were my 2018 banked points (called to book them at AUL), and after 20mins of the MS CM calling another department, they determined that those points were, in fact allocated points from 2019, so they just them in my 2020 UY.

Whaaat?

I’m about 94% sure this is incorrect, but because of how convoluted the provenance of the points got (from the banking and numerous cancellations from Aug 2018 through July 2020)), I can’t prove it — and why would I want to, it’s an “error” in my favor (and might not be an error after all).

I’ll just call it confused pixie dust and be on my way!

Wow. Well, I would be cautious in using them right away as if it is an error it would get caught.

But, hey, if it doesn’t, then maybe they were able to rearrange things from trips taken..which is not something they have ever been able to to...to free up 2019.

Wow. Well, I would be cautious in using them right away as if it is an error it would get caught.

But, hey, if it doesn’t, then maybe they were able to rearrange things from trips taken..which is not something they have ever been able to to...to free up 2019.

I kind of mulled it over, and this is the most likely result seeing as two CMs reviewed the account and came up with that conclusion.

I personally screw up points all the time :rotfl2:

Before anyone else cries foul, I did book my original/intended single night at AUL (to give to a family member) prior to the November 30 extended points deadline, so the end result is the same.

I now make it a point to write down the EXACT source of points in a Google Calendar comment when booking, often containing a detailed paragraph of where points came from/etc...that has helped greatly.

I kind of mulled it over, and this is the most likely result seeing as two CMs reviewed the account and came up with that conclusion.

I personally screw up points all the time :rotfl2:

Before anyone else cries foul, I did book my original/intended single night at AUL (to give to a family member) prior to the November 30 extended points deadline, so the end result is the same.

I now make it a point to write down the EXACT source of points in a Google Calendar comment when booking, often containing a detailed paragraph of where points came from/etc...that has helped greatly.

I also have begun taking a screen shot summary of the points when I make one..it shows up that last page when booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!