Thoughts on Norwegian Air please...

ElleBelle88

Mouseketeer
As the heading says, I'm looking at flights from London to Orlando in February 2019 and am interested in people's thoughts on Norwegian Air please. Previously we have flown with a number of airlines (most recently Thomas Cook last Easter due to the competitive price) and whilst have had obvious preferences (VA and BA), we have always chosen our flights based on price. The big difference this time is that we will hopefully have a ten month old baby with us so it will no longer be simply two care-free adults!
So, I'm after people's general thoughts on Norwegian Air please but also, specifically, people's experiences with them if they have flown with an infant.
Many thanks!
:disrocks:

Hello!
I've flown with Norwegian to NY and am currently sitting in their departure lounge to go to LA. They are cheap, no frills and often late but if you just want to go from A to B then they're great

If you want checked bags, in flight food or anything similar then fly with someone else.

Unless you’re saving a lot when compared with the major airlines then I wouldn’t.

Last flights I bought there was very little difference in price.

I've flown to LA with them twice. Once the return leg was delayed but that can happen with any airline. They are pretty no-frills, but they were also about half the price of anyone else.

They don’t have to be no frills... I flew back from Fort Lauderdale to Gatwick with them 18 months ago after getting a good deal for their premium economy. If you look at the figures, their premium economy seats have the biggest legroom of any airline.
When sat back in my seat I couldn’t reach the seat in front with my arms or legs.
When I needed to get up for a leg stretch, my partner didn’t have to get up at all.

We used them a couple of years ago to fly to Florida and loved it. Modern plane, not crowded, and no food (kids hate the smell of airplane food).

We flew with Norweigan a few years ago and it was fine, you could opt to buy food, we opted out and bought our own picnic. We would use again for the right price x

I'm flying with them in August so I'll let you know how it goes. We paid £490 return for our flights over and that includes bags and food. They also have the best flight times - they land earlier and leave later than any of the UK based airlines so we land at 14.10 and the plane to come home doesn't leave till 23.45.
On another note, just saw BA are now doing a hand-luggage only/no food ticket to MCO. Coming in at £515 for the dates I'm going :scared::scared1:

A friend of mine flew with them to Buenos Aries in premier earlier this year & said they were good.

I'm flying with them in August so I'll let you know how it goes. We paid £490 return for our flights over and that includes bags and food. They also have the best flight times - they land earlier and leave later than any of the UK based airlines so we land at 14.10 and the plane to come home doesn't leave till 23.45.
On another note, just saw BA are now doing a hand-luggage only/no food ticket to MCO. Coming in at £515 for the dates I'm going :scared::scared1:

That’s a great price for August. I’ve always flown Virgin to Orlando but might check out Norwegian for those kinds of savings. Just to note though. My Virgin flight next month also lands at 2-2.30 (can’t recall exact time in that period). It is the earliest I’ve ever experienced a Virgin flight to land I am delighted.

I hope that it is good. DS and future DIL are flying back from Rome to Newark non stop from their honeymoon, they are going out on United, returning on Norweigan. I advised them to book early when I saw great flight prices a few months before they booked. He felt that the prices would come down. Guess what, they didn't! So, he tried to save some $ and booked a return on Norweigan. :scared1:I read reviews and quite frankly advised against it because of the reviews about delays.:eek: DS admitted that he should have booked when I suggested, but they gambled that United would come down. Hope that everything goes well for the "newlyweds":love1: coming back. At least they are returning on a Friday, so if they are delayed, they have some flexibility, instead of being extra stressed returning to work the next day. At least he will have travel insurance, if in the event, it is cancelled or delayed more than 5 hours. We find that travel insurance is a MUST when we travel. Gives us that extra level of comfort. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!