Thoughts on RC vs Princess

jknc

people person
Anyone who has cruised with both have thoughts on the pros and cons of each ? Specifically looking at refurbed Caribbean Princess. Thanks.

Depends on which rccl ship, as even older voyager or freedom class offers more than older vision and brilliance etc ships. All rccl have climbing wall. Imho main dining room is significantly better on princess. But rccl is perfectly fine. On rccl dh and I eat 2-3x at speciality and only 1x on princess if they have the seafood shak dinner.
Princess has outdoor movies every night. We like those a lot. Rccl only a few nights and screen placement and noise is an issue on the 3 rccl ships we have been on. Princess has a nice atrium area with good snacks/tapas for free.
We like the layout of rooms on princess better with closet area open and able to use as a dressing room.
If it was an older rccl ship I'd pick princess. If it's voyager class or newer and you have tweens to Teens who would use flow rider climbing wall etc then I'd pick rccl.

We have sailed several times on the RCCL voyager class ships and we did one cruise on the Carribean Princess. We enjoyed all the cruises and I would cruise Princess again.

If you are going on a couples trip, I recommend Princess. If you have kids then Royal is better. We sailed Princess in April 2009 and there were very few kids onboard and not many kid activities. It was a great cruise for relaxing and was quiet. We had a lot of fun and the ship was beautiful.

Royal has a lot more activities such as pool parties during the day and just a more active vibe. I have not cruised with children yet, we are booked on our first family cruise on harmony next year. However, I always remember lots of kids on Royal and lots of activities for them to do.

I found the food quality to be similar on both royal and Princess. We usually eat in the main dining room for dinner. We ate at the steakhouse on Princess and the food was excellent.

The movies under the stars on princess is fun. They have a big screen on the pool deck. They put blankets on the lounge chairs and serve popcorn and warm cookies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!