Thoughts on the $300 Halloween party pass for all parties?

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
If I lived nearby, I would do it.
To not have to cram it all in would be great.

The thought of going 3 separate times (the break even point) takes the pressure off for seeing everything.

I'm attending the Oogie Boogie Bash at California Adventure and can't wait to see the new set up there.

My wife just sent me this and said "if we lived in Orlando we would definitely do this". So, right there with ya, OP.

Sounds like they’re ensuring every night will be at capacity. Or even beyond capacity? Are you guaranteed to get in even if it’s a sold out party? Or maybe there’s no such thing as a sold out party now.
From the wdwinfo:
The Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Pass includes admission to all party nights with the exception of Thursday, October 31. We’ve confirmed that guests with this pass will be able to get into sold-out parties as well.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...eys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-pass-ticket/

Sounds like they’re ensuring every night will be at capacity. Or even beyond capacity? Are you guaranteed to get in even if it’s a sold out party? Or maybe there’s no such thing as a sold out party now.
WDW info confirmed you will be allowed in even on sold out dates. TBH the night that sells out every year is Halloween and that is the day that is blacked out from this ticket. I don't see huge amount of people buying this. You break even at 3. So it would be for locals or people that will visit more than 3 times in 2 months.
Also if I were to buy this I would not stay all night, maybe go one night for fireworks and parade, another for some characters, so the impact on crowds will be minimal IMO

It seems to be a desperate move. Are party ticket sales off this year? Or....is it just that more bodies eat more food, buy more souvenirs, etc. It's roughly the price of 3 parties, right? So....maybe if they lowered the price of the parties, more families could attend. Who knows? It just seems that this move might only make sense to accountants.

It seems to be a desperate move. Are party ticket sales off this year? Or....is it just that more bodies eat more food, buy more souvenirs, etc. It's roughly the price of 3 parties, right? So....maybe if they lowered the price of the parties, more families could attend. Who knows? It just seems that this move might only make sense to accountants.

I know the first party sold out last year. I don't think any of the dates have sold out this year, yet.

So the reality is, there’s no such thing as a sold out party, capacity wise anyways.

I mean that was probably true before this anyway. Don’t know how much this this holds true for WDW since I saw this at DLR. but last time I was around DL on Halloween I remember seeing a family of four getting tickets at the guest relations outside the park for the sold out party that night. So they must have some laying around anyway.

I get some of it’s definitely pixie dust but still interesting to note.

I think the WDW parties are getting stale. That's why I'm so happy to see something completely new at DL.

WDW info confirmed you will be allowed in even on sold out dates. TBH the night that sells out every year is Halloween and that is the day that is blacked out from this ticket. I don't see huge amount of people buying this. You break even at 3. So it would be for locals or people that will visit more than 3 times in 2 months.
Also if I were to buy this I would not stay all night, maybe go one night for fireworks and parade, another for some characters, so the impact on crowds will be minimal IMO

If I were local I’d definitely buy it if I planned to go to just one party. So if most locals thinks like that, they’re going to go to at least 2 more parties to get their monies worth. Additional trips after that would be just gravy. Then I could see just popping by for fireworks, parades, etc...

And if most locals are popping in just for the parades or fireworks, crowds could really balloon extra early along parade routes and in front of the castle.

I don't think there's going to be that many people using this on average, it seems like something aimed at locals who might maybe do a few party nights.

This seems more like trying to squeeze extra $$$ out of people who would already be going to more than one party rather than a sign that ticket sales are not where they would like them to be.

I don't think there's going to be that many people using this on average, it seems like something aimed at locals who might maybe do a few party nights.

For sure the locals are the market for this - but hey, more options!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!