Thoughts on the rest of the park?

princess_3rd

Earning My Ears
My girls and I are going the last week of September, and my daily plan as of right now has us at Hollywood Studios on a Sunday. Am I crazy to leave it that way?! We're not interested in going anywhere near Star Wars, so I'm optimistic in thinking that the rest of the park may be manageable. Or will the whole park be crazy, especially on a weekend? I've got to make dining reservations in 12 days, so if I'm going to change around my days, I've got to make a decision pretty soon. Any advice for someone who's been in a park around a new land opening would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I don't have any advice. But we will be down there the same week, trying to decided between Sunday or Monday as our other days are locked in. I am assuming HS would increase hours. But I have never been at the parks so close to an opening.

I personally think weekends will be more crowded simply because of locals or people hopping down for a long weekend. If I was there for a week and didn’t care about SW:GE I’d be more inclined to go Tues-Thursday.

That being said, in the AM most of the crowds will head to that area which *should* leave other areas with more normal traffic patterns.

I agree, plan for a weekday, be there early. Most of the crowds will be inclined to check out SWGE first. When they find they have to wait in line to get into the land or they find that MFSR has a 4 hour wait or they find the land to be very crowded they will leave going to other places inside the park. I expect the rest of the park will get very busy by noon.
Only true SW fans will remain inside SWGE

We're not interested in going anywhere near Star Wars, so I'm optimistic in thinking that the rest of the park may be manageable. Or will the whole park be crazy, especially on a weekend?

The thing to keep in mind is, for every person who shows up, lines up, and still can’t get into GE, that person has to go SOMEWHERE;

For each person who decides NOT to visit GE, that person will be adding to the crush at another park;

For each person who comes to GE, does what they want to do, and then head out to the rest of Hollywood Studios, that person will be adding to the crush, too

The parks are ALL going to be busy, not just GE.

I'm having the same debate with myself for our arrival day which is Saturday Sept. 28th! I crossed off Epcot bc of Food and Wine, I crossed off MK bc it's a non-party day, I crossed off AK bc it has EMH and I crossed off HS bc I figured the locals will be there on a weekend.

So basically for that day I'm just hoping to get our 3 FPs done, maybe a SD dinner and that will have to be good enough lol

Last edited:
I'm having the same debate with myself for our arrival day which is Saturday Sept. 28th! I crossed off Epcot bc of Food and Wine, I crossed off MK bc it's a non-party day, I crossed off AK bc it has EMH and I crossed off HS bc I figured the locals will be there on a weekend.

So basically for that day I'm just hoping to our 3 FPs done, maybe a SD dinner and that will have to be good enough lol

And perhaps a pool day as well (^_^)

Normally at the other wdw parks i would say rope drop the non-new land and it will be fine first thing. However DHS is not very big. I think you can pull it off if you stay on the opposite side of the park and arrive early. Zig while everyone zags and try to knock out the other big rides in the park first ToT and RnR or SDD and TSMM

On our next trip we are planning on 3 Hollywood Days but the 10 year old insists that 1 day be for Toy Story Land.

So basically for that day I'm just hoping to get our 3 FPs done, maybe a SD dinner and that will have to be good enough lol
Same boat - we arrive 9/28 around 10am. It's my daughter's birthday and I planned on Hollywood Studios being the best park until the SW:GE announcement. Now we're going to Disney Springs during the day and Animal Kingdom at night. My reasons for avoiding the parks are exactly the same as yours, so I figure AK to be the best because people may go for EMH then hop elsewhere. We have AK planned for a later day so we will get FP for FOP then, so I don't really care what 3 FP we get, we just want to show our in-laws Pandora at night because they've never been.

To the OP, I would follow other's advice and do HS on a weekday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!