Thoughts on where to dine prior to MNSSHP

gogo

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone,

My trip begins 8/28/17 and I have not made any dining reservations yet so I figured I better at least start. I'm kinda waiting for when I can make my FP+ selections next week (60 days out) so I don't have to keep changing things once they are booked. I want to coordinate dining and FP+ selections so I'm not running all over the place. I plan on going to MNSSHP at MK around 4:00 on the 29th so I feel safe booking dining for that day.

I'm hoping to try new restaurants this trip and I really wanted to try Tony's. Even though it doesn't get great reviews, I love Italian and wanted to try it. However, they don't have the time I want. What are your opinions on the Jungle Skipper Canteen? They have good availability but I'm not enthusiastic about it. The décor looks interesting but the food just seems ok. BOG does have availability but its around 7:00 p.m. and I don't want to be having dinner during the party.

I could leave MK and try the Wave (have not been before) or GFC but I'd prefer to stay at MK to make the most of my time. Any opinions? TIA

I will be attending my first MVMCP this year and decided to take the advice of 'do not eat during party times'. Because of that, I decided I would much rather take advantage of a big meal before the party. I made a reservation at Whisper Canyon around 2 so that I could get in a large, filling late lunch/early dinner and still get to MK around 4 and use all of my ticket time. I am hoping I will stay full enough to just stop for quick snacks

Last year on our MNSSHP day we had a late lunch at (I think) 2ish at Whispering Canyon then just took the ferry to MK. The timing worked perfectly; we got there right at 4, had plenty of time do everything and, best of all, we didn't "waste" time eating a full meal during the party. From what I remember, we all got hungry later at different times so we just snacked. I think we ended up grabbing a couple QS meals from Columbia Harbour House before the first parade and ate them while watching. It was perfect!

So, my advice would be to eat a late lunch somewhere close by and then get to MK as early as possible. Maybe get your Italian fix later? ;)

I'm going to 2 parties this year, for one of them I opted for a 2pm WCC ADR with the plan to be at MK for 4pm. The other one I have a 5pm at Tony's which we'll be out and done before the party actually starts at 7pm.

You couldn't pay me to eat at Tony's again. I'd go to the Wave - they have really good food. Or do a late lunch and just eat candy later : )

At the MNSSHP last year we ate at Skippers Canteen. We loved our server. The food is good - some loved it and some said it was okay. We went at 4pm. I also might eat before next time - we love the Whispering Canyon Café and the Wave. I would do that.

Another vote for The Wave... it is one of our favorite restaurants. And we like it before parties because we feel like it is more relaxing, so we can rest and store up some energy to keep us going all night.

Another vote for The Wave... it is one of our favorite restaurants. And we like it before parties because we feel like it is more relaxing, so we can rest and store up some energy to keep us going all night.

The wave sounds very good. My goal on this trip is to eat at places (or at least as many as I can) that I have not been to before. I think they have a reservation at 5:00 so that should be plenty of time before the 7:00 p.m. start of the party. The latest lunch they have is 2:00 p.m. and if I head to MK after a 2:00 p.m. lunch, I'm concerned that I'll be exhausted by the end of the party.

I will be attending my first MVMCP this year and decided to take the advice of 'do not eat during party times'. Because of that, I decided I would much rather take advantage of a big meal before the party. I made a reservation at Whisper Canyon around 2 so that I could get in a large, filling late lunch/early dinner and still get to MK around 4 and use all of my ticket time. I am hoping I will stay full enough to just stop for quick snacks

Hey! We are doing the same thing! We are doing Epcot am early entry, a late lunch (1:45) at Whispering Canyon, and then we are going to relax at pool (hopefully) at Poly for a bit. We will head to the party around 5:30 or so. :)

The wave sounds very good. My goal on this trip is to eat at places (or at least as many as I can) that I have not been to before. I think they have a reservation at 5:00 so that should be plenty of time before the 7:00 p.m. start of the party. The latest lunch they have is 2:00 p.m. and if I head to MK after a 2:00 p.m. lunch, I'm concerned that I'll be exhausted by the end of the party.

We've don 5:00 dinner before and that worked out perfectly for us.

So we are doing Aug 25th, (also my bday, so excited). I have made res at 2 for wcc, then 415 at jsc, 7pm at art and 945 bog. after reading this, I am cancelling all but WCC! I think its a good plan so that to enjoy the party. I was loving CRT idea but the food choices do not
seem to appeal me for the $$$. Thanks for the input!

I second 2pm at Whispering Canyon. That all you can eat skillet should keep you going all night, with a little candy to supplement.

Or eat near your resort, because you'll have to go back to change into costumes, yes?

The release BoG reservations later (unless they have already) for during MNSSHP. The last two years we have had dinner there joined of late, after the trick or treating. If you time it right, you can get out of BoG just before Hallowishes and the view from there is AMAZING. Go on a couple more rides as the crowds thin out. And its kind of fun to do BoG with your costumes on. It does take some time from the party but we look at it as part of the party.

We ate at Liberty Tree Tavern the night of our party and in the first section on the left side, by a window. We could see Jack Skellington and Sally doing their photo op. We saw TONS of great costumes and was a great dinner and great place for people watching.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter