Thoughts to the Victims in Las Vegas

Extremely saddened by this act of Domestic Terrorism. I'm a fan of Jason Aldean, so I could have been there. :(

It's horrifying, what happened. Thoughts and prayers go out to anyone affected and the country as a whole.

We were at the football game in Edmonton, when the idiot hit the cop and stabbed him, then proceeded to run over 4 pedestrians. Now this.....beyond tragic

Bad things can happen ANYWHERE at ANY TIME. This is why its important to enjoy life (why we are all here) and spend time with your loved ones when you can. There is so much in this world which is out of anybody's control.

I just found out I have family in Vegas right now. They weren't at the concert, but at a hotel across the street. They're okay but it really puts it at a personal level for you when you know someone that was there. I know how sick I felt when I found out they were right there, I don't envy anyone who knew someone that was at the actual concert.

I had multiple friends there last night that had to run for their lives, thankfully they all made it out alive and uninjured. I was supposed to be there but my plans got cancelled sorta last minute and I'm so grateful they did. :sad1: I was thinking of going to DLR today but just couldn't get myself to go this morning, now I'm really wishing I would have.

I have a friend who was there..so thankful she is safe and not injured. My heart goes out to all of those affected by this horrific shooting...this is not something that should have ever happened. I am completely heartbroken.

It is amazing how much this attack had affected the U.S. and beyond. Yes, other attacks have impacted the nation, but they usually tend to be more localized to where the attack happened.

This one? It reached everywhere. Everyone knows someone who was there in Vegas or at the concert, and everyone mourns people we may have never met, but feel they are family like we might here because of a common thread that connects us, as with Carrie Barnette - DCA cast member that was killed. How many of us on this site talked to her or simply exchanged smiles with her on our trips? It is the loss of a person we will never truly know, but will grieve all the same. There is something to be said for the way this Disney family that us crazies make up come together.

It honestly reminds me of 9/11, except I was young enough to not really understand or remember that day. I'm definitely old enough to remember this one, and I've certainly held my kids a little closer today.

So sad. Something needs to change.
We need to find out what HAS changed. Back when everybody had a gun, you could take them to school (heck, they taught firearms safety IN SCHOOL), you could order fully-automatic weapons via mail-order catalog, and everything was simply more lax, this kind of stuff DID NOT HAPPEN. SO what changed I ask? We didn't have a very good mental health system back then either. Are we as a species just getting more violent, less moral? What has changed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!