Three beds?!

tiggeriffic44

Mouseketeer
I’m working on an October trip. It’s me, my wife and two teenage boys. These are good kids who I’d like to bring back alive. So they need separate beds. My wife and i can share a bed safely most nights.

So I need recommendations. My priorities in order are:
3 beds
magic hours
cost
convenient location (we won’t have a car).
Space in the room
view.

Your help is greatly appreciated and may save a life!

All Disney properties get you extra magic hours so you can probably take that out. Assuming you want an onsite stay.

It would be helpful if you listed a hotel budget (for ex no more than x dollars total per night). As pp said, connecting rooms at a value might be a good choice. If you want to spend (a lot) more, a deluxe room Club Level at BWI gets you location, roominess, two queens and a daybed. Plus a nice view and snacks/wine/beer. At a MK hotel, a garden wing room at CR might be decent pricewise and provide two queens and a daybed as well, with a location that is walkable to MK. I have booked both of these categories and have been very happy with them.

What about a family suite at one of the values or AofA? I am not familiar with those but it might work well for your family.

I think it is good that you are prioritizing location. With teens, it is nice if they can just walk over to Epcot or MK but it will cost a bit more.

( I have edited this post several times for more accurate word choice. )

Last edited:
As jennadi8 mentioned, you could book two value rooms, but they won't guarantee connecting. That would give you 4 beds and two bathrooms and is probably the most economical way to go. There would be no balcony though and, since you mentioned view, I don't know if looking out a window would suffice. You could also consider a family suite at AoA which would give you 3 beds, two bathrooms and a kitchenette (plus the Skyliner!), but, again, no balcony. If you would rather have a patio or balcony and budget allows, a standard room at CR, GF or Poly would give you two queens and a daybed, you would have the benefit of the monorail and, at CR, a walking path to MK. We also really enjoyed our 1-bedroom at RIV which would give you a king bed and two, rather comfortable pull-down beds, plus a full kitchen, washer/dryer and balcony. The rooms on higher floors there have lovely views, IMHO, plus you have access to the Skyliner there as well.

Fort Wilderness Cabins are your best bet. I love the AoA 1 br suites - there's a murphy bed (comfortable) and a sofa sleeper (not as much), plus you and your wife get your own room with a door, and a separate bathroom (+++). Wilderness lodge has bunk bed rooms but those are pricey for what you get IMHO.
I agree Cabins probably best value in terms of roominess but with teens I think access to parks would be more appreciated.

We stayed in a 2br villa at Boulder Ridge at Wilderness Lodge and LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!! We had 2 bedrooms, 1 king and 2 queens in the other bedroom, 2 full bathrooms, a full kitchen with washer & dryer and a full living room - it was like 1,100 sq feet!

We did pay cash to Disney since it was a DVC room, but you can also rent points/room with various companies or find an individual here on the board.

Our plan was that our teenage boys needed room from each other and we needed room from them - and it was perfect!!

OP I think that roomy accommodations at a lower price point vs quick access to a park will be the choice you need to make for your teens. Is it a first trip? If so, I don't think you can make a bad choice. It will be fun for your teens because they don't have any expectations.

Last edited:
Budget:: AOA suites.
Fancy: Deluxe villas (2 bedroom)
we also stayed at the Contemporary (garden room) that had a pull out couch.

Wilderness lodge Reno’s won’t have bunk beds. I don’t know how far they are in the reno yet.

if you’ve looking for roomy and park access the deluxe resorts give you that. We’ve stayed at Grand Floridian, Poly in MK area, both resorts have 2 queens + full size day bed.
Also Yacht & Beach club have this as well but you have to request it as all rooms don’t have daybed.
Or you could do 2 rooms at Pop Century. They have the Skyliner to EPcot and The Studios.

If you want 3 beds and don't want to spend a small fortune, 2 rooms or a value family suite are the way to go. You can request 2 rooms that connect (have the inside door between them) but Disney won't guarantee you will get that set up. If that is a problem, then a family suite would be the cheapest option.

Or have you considered the Dolphin? They do have roll-aways you can rent, and according to my 18 year old nice, are pretty comfortable. You can book a resort view, or a room with a balcony. I loved having a balcony! Perfect place to sip a glass of wine and read for a bit. And as far as location goes, you can walk to both Epcot and the Disney Studios, or take a boat. And you would be right by the Boardwalk, which is a lot of fun. Mini golf across the street too!

Thank you so much!
Clarifications, View is unimportant to us. We will be out and about. Or if the kids go explore with out us....

We've stayed in the Cabins in 2008.... ahhh back in the day. Loved it. AKL in 2012. Pop something or other in 2000 before the kids.

So far the ideas that strike me are:
2 pop century rooms
The Cabins
Double tree suite (I am pretty sure it's one of the ones that allows the magic hour)
A splurge into Epcot area rooms would be great... if they put out fall discounts.

(Boulder Ridge villas DO look amazing; however, the elder boy will apply to colleges this fall. I'm told I'm not allowed to dip into the college fund.)

Cheers!

Some DVC resorts have 1BR villas with both a sleeper sofa and a sleeper chair in the living room. Cheaper than booking a 2BR villa but all of the same pluses (full kitchen, washer/dryer in the villa, onsite perks). OKW, AKV and BLT. AKV-Kidani has the added plus of a second, full bathroom.

Some DVC resorts have 1BR villas with both a sleeper sofa and a sleeper chair in the living room. Cheaper than booking a 2BR villa but all of the same pluses (full kitchen, washer/dryer in the villa, onsite perks). OKW, AKV and BLT. AKV-Kidani has the added plus of a second, full bathroom.
BLT one-bedrooms have a second full bath as well. Depending on the length of your trip, in-room washer/dryer and full kitchen might be a plus, so another reason for a 1-bedroom. If you'll be in BLT on the date of a night launch from Kennedy Space Center, try requesting a lake view that faces straight out to the east - watching a rocket light up the whole horizon is an experience never to be forgotten!

We've done both the 2 connecting rooms and the suites at the value resorts. Both worked out great. I think we preferred 2 connecting rooms because the beds were regular beds and just a tad more space.

We’ve stayed in 1 bedroom villas and our teen son and daughter need separate beds. So we send an air mattress prior to arrival and it works well. Plus, we get our own bedroom and separation from the kids.

How tall are your teens? If either of them are short, the Alligator Bayou rooms at Port Orleans Riverside could be an option, right? They have a fold-down murphy bed and two queens I think. Width-wise, they're a bit narrower than a twin and length-wise, maybe you'd be okay up to 5'4ish. We stayed in one on our recent trip and we thought the resort was really nice, and seems to fit a lot of your criteria. Buses were semi-inconvenient for us, but Uber/Lyft was quick and easy and cheap. I thought the prices were reasonable by Disney standards, though definitely expensive for what you're getting by the standards of anywhere else in the world. Maybe worth a look.

How tall are your teens? If either of them are short, the Alligator Bayou rooms at Port Orleans Riverside could be an option, right? They have a fold-down murphy bed and two queens I think. Width-wise, they're a bit narrower than a twin and length-wise, maybe you'd be okay up to 5'4ish. We stayed in one on our recent trip and we thought the resort was really nice, and seems to fit a lot of your criteria. Buses were semi-inconvenient for us, but Uber/Lyft was quick and easy and cheap. I thought the prices were reasonable by Disney standards, though definitely expensive for what you're getting by the standards of anywhere else in the world. Maybe worth a look.
Yes, I was wondering why no one mentioned the mods that sleep 5...POR and CBR for sure can sleep 5 (3 separate sleeping surfaces) that is probably cheaper than 2 rooms at value. Not sure how big the teens are, but it's an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!