Three beds?!

Yes, I was wondering why no one mentioned the mods that sleep 5...POR and CBR for sure can sleep 5 (3 separate sleeping surfaces) that is probably cheaper than 2 rooms at value. Not sure how big the teens are, but it's an option.

It would be roughly $20 a night more to go with 2 value rooms instead of a room that sleeps 5 at POR/CBR. You now have to book a room that sleeps 5, and it costs more than the standard rooms. Two rooms = two bathrooms, two tvs, four beds.

As has been mentioned, Disney will not guarantee connecting rooms. If you book two rooms and for some reason they are not connected or not near each other, the expectation would be that you and your wife would split up between the rooms because there should technically be an adult over 18 in each room.

Personally, I think the family suites at AOA are the best option. All of the suites are recently refurbished within the last year. The Nemo section is closest to the main pool and Animation Hall, and very close to the Skyliner station which will give you quick access to Epcot, DHS, and other resorts as well. The boys would have their own sleeping surfaces and their own bathroom, and you and the wife would have your own room and bathroom as well.

Give them their own room at POR as far away from you as possible!
The expectation would be that an adult aged 18 or over should be in the room as well.

Yes, I was wondering why no one mentioned the mods that sleep 5...POR and CBR for sure can sleep 5 (3 separate sleeping surfaces) that is probably cheaper than 2 rooms at value. Not sure how big the teens are, but it's an option.
The murphy beds at POR and CBR are smaller than a twin bed, slightly larger than a crib mattress. I believe the recommended age due to the size/weight limits is age 12 or younger. That's not to say older people can't sleep on it, but they would have to be on the small side to fit comfortably.

If budget is a concern, I have seen many people bring twin size air mattresses or have them shipped to the resort in advance so they could stay in a single standard room. You could have the boys alternate who sleeps on the air mattress. People will stand the mattress up against the wall during the day to make room.

Probably because the OP mentioned applying to college in the fall, which would make one of these boys the size of a young man (in most cases).

And let’s not even go any further than to mention that teenage boy funky smell that emanates from their bedrooms. I wouldn’t want to spend a week with that!

Our last WDW family trip (2018) was me, DH and two teen boys who don't share a bed....mostly because one is a brutal kicker. We ended up at Coronado. When we checked in, we requested a rollaway. It was available and delivered almost immediately. (Rollaways are not available at WDW in general, but CSR has some different amenities.) It fit easily into the room and, even though it left us with little floor space, we ended up leaving it open all week for it's occupant to lounge on. We knew a rollaway was not guaranteed, so we had a twin air mattress with us just in case. It worked out fine. That said, on our more recent trip to Universal we had three sleeping surfaces AND more space. More space is great when the budget allows 8-)

Teenage boys? Give them their own room at POR as far away from you as possible! or seriously two connecting rooms at an all stars to save money.

Staying onsite is magical enough. Not having to hear mom and dad snore plus your privacy = priceless.
As long as one is at least 18.

I would suggest Pop Century for the budget. Also for the convenience of the Skyliner and easy access to AOA for an additional food court option. For the last 2 trips, we have used a twin air mattress. No complaints from the 15 and 17yr and they take turns using it. The beds have room under them that makes it easy to stow away. Have a magical trip *O*

Last edited:
We did an ASM Family Suite for our last trip. My parents took the bedroom, and I was in the living area with my 3 kids. I brought a twin sized mattress pad to add a little extra comfort. I do think my feet were right at the end of the mattress. But, it was fine. We've also brought an air mattress for a kid to sleep on, and that has worked fine also.

I agree that their heights probably matter more than anything. There are a lot of options for a 3rd bed for smallish people, but not as many for the taller set.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about location. I think Disney buses are an excellent foray into "public" transportation, since each bus only goes one or two places. So most teens can probably manage not to get lost. Maybe my opinion will change after I have a teen...

We really like the all star family suites for the price.
As much as i would rather pick AOA suite my budget cant support it.

Well like a lot of people suddenly all bets are off. I have literally the cheapest All star room booked so I could make dining reservations but didn't get the tickets yet. Of course those dining reservations are gone now. I'm not mad at Disney Inc, they are making reasonable decisions.

Sooo in theory I have a room at Disney in October but no guarantee I can get in. Puerto Rico or Australia may be the next family vacation instead.

I would suggest Pop Century for the budget. Also for the convenience of the Skyliner and easy access to AOA for an additional food court option. For the last 2 trips, we have used a twin air mattress. No complaints from the 15 and 17yr and they take turns using it. The beds have room under them that makes it easy to stow away. Have a magical trip *O*
Sorry I found this on a search and know it’s an older post but trying to see if I can put an air mattress in the new rooms. I have an autistic child so both kids in a bed is not feasible, and he loves the air mattress. I don’t care about where it goes as I will fold up the table bed once we are awake. Just wondering if it will FIT anywhere while the table bed is down.

The cabins at Ft Wilderness. The bedroom has a queen bed and a bunk bed, the couch in the living room pulls out into a bed. The cabins come with a full kitchen (Full size fridge, cook top, Combination microwave/conventinal oven, dishwasher, an outdoor deck with picnic table, charcoal grill. The 2021Rack rates are about $450 a night but you can often good deals. There are tons of things for the teens to do at Ft. Wilderness, swimming, basketball, tennis courts, shuffle board, they have two arcades, you can rent canoes and kayaks as well as archery and horse back riding. If your considering getting to room at a value resort for just a little more you can get your own cabin. We love staying at the cabins.

Sorry I found this on a search and know it’s an older post but trying to see if I can put an air mattress in the new rooms. I have an autistic child so both kids in a bed is not feasible, and he loves the air mattress. I don’t care about where it goes as I will fold up the table bed once we are awake. Just wondering if it will FIT anywhere while the table bed is down.
We used a $15 twin air mattress at the Coronado (non tower) and sat it up during the day. Since then we got a foldable camping cot because we travel a lot and the floors in some hotels are gross...

We really like the all star family suites for the price.
As much as i would rather pick AOA suite my budget cant support it.

What is the approximate difference in price between the ASMusic family suites and the AOA suites? I want to take my nieces and nephew in May of 2022. They will be 12, 15 and 16 at the time so my nephew definitely needs his own bed. The girls can share if needed. I've been trying to price it out but with Music still being closed I can't do a comparison. There may or may not be another adult with me.

What is the approximate difference in price between the ASMusic family suites and the AOA suites? I want to take my nieces and nephew in May of 2022. They will be 12, 15 and 16 at the time so my nephew definitely needs his own bed. The girls can share if needed. I've been trying to price it out but with Music still being closed I can't do a comparison. There may or may not be another adult with me.
Hopefully this helps
https://www.mousesavers.com/family-suites-at-disneys-all-star-music-resort/
Prices 2020
https://www.mousesavers.com/2020-all-star-music-room-rates-season-dates/

We got our suite on Priceline but I cant tell you how much it was it was 3 trips ago

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!