Three days...which park would you choose twice?

elle21

Mouseketeer
If you could do three days, no park hoppers, which park would you go to twice?
Kids ages 4-12. We did Disney world last year. The kids are into anything and everything. I guess I'm wondering which one is easier to cover in one day.

DL, no question. For me, DCA is still a 1/2 to 3/4 day park, and that includes a couple of ride-repeats. Get there at rope-drop, rides, have lunch (better food in DCA, imo) then leave for DL.

With kids you can easily stretch it to a full day. My trips are 'adults only'.

Thanks so much for the feedback. I was leaning toward the opposite so I'm glad to hear some experienced opinions!

I could easily find enough things in DCA to fill 2 full days. But in answer to your question in your situation would choose DL.

Take it as you go. Maybe you can add a day once you're there. ;)

Also if you prefer DCA make it your 2nd day. Plans can change!
Thanks so much for the feedback. I was leaning toward the opposite so I'm glad to hear some experienced opinions!

Your kids ages say dca to me actually. The littles (and bigs) can enjoy bugs land without getting scared like they might in dark-ride-central fantasyland, and the bigger kids can have fun on screamin and former-TOT.

your best option is to get a hopper, so that you can go to both parks on the 3rd day and do any rides you missed.

I think this depends a lot on what time of year you go, park hours, and crowds, and how you like to visit. If you can get all of the most important things done in one day at each park, you can choose the 3rd day based on which rides you'd like to repeat and/or which park has things you missed. My daughter at age 10 and again at age 15 would have chosen 2 days at DCA because it has more rides that she likes to repeat.

Another vote for Disneyland for two days, even though we usually spend more time overall in DCA with kids 11 and 13. That's because we tend to eat and relax more in DCA, but there is definitely more to see and do in Disneyland

We just did 2 days, one at each park and we were SO rushed at DL and still didn’t get everything done. So we would have definitely done another day there. With that said we all really loved DCA and could have totally done another day there as well. In the future, I think I want to do 4 days, two at each park.

Personally, my family could spend three days in Cars Land alone! LOL But seriously, I think it's best to decided once you have spend one full day in each park.

Probably Disneyland, but as others have suggested I would do a day in each park and then decide where to spend the 3rd day. I would also reconsider whether hoppers are possible - it is just so worthwhile at DLR (unlike WDW).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter