• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Three per ride?? Magic Kingdom Question

bmorr1963

Mouseketeer
Our trips up till now have been my wife and I, and our two children. Now that our little one is getting older we will be going with all three kiddies ages 7, 5 and 3.

All of a sudden we started to think about some of the issues we may have when many rides can only sit up to two, leaving us in an odd situaiton. So, I'm looking to all you experienced travelers to help us out.

At the Magic Kingdom, does anyone know if the following rides can fit up to three in a car (so one adult with two kids in one car and then the other adult with one child in another).
--Dumbo
--Buzz Lightyear
--Big Thunder Mountain
--Winnie the Pooh
--Magic Carpets of Aladdin
--Tomorrow Land Speedway
At Hollowwood Studios -what about Toy Story Mania?

Any experiences anyone has with three (younger) kids and the ride situation would be helpful - - thanks!

At the Magic Kingdom, does anyone know if the following rides can fit up to three in a car (so one adult with two kids in one car and then the other adult with one child in another).
--Dumbo
--Buzz Lightyear
--Big Thunder Mountain
--Winnie the Pooh
--Magic Carpets of Aladdin
--Tomorrow Land Speedway
At Hollowwood Studios -what about Toy Story Mania?

Dumbo would be a really tight fit unless the 3 and 5 yos are small. But it will probably be squishy! I'd say on that just go 2, 2, 1. You'll all be on the ride at the same time.

Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story Mania only have 2 guns. I personally feel you'd lose too much of the thrill of the ride trying to put three people in a row. But if a parent was willing to hold the 3 yo on their lap and just "help" shoot the laser gun/canon then fitting 3 in the row should be ok. It will be squishy on Buzz.

Big Thunder I think this should be doable. I don't remember for sure, but I don't think there was a divider in the middle of the seat making it 2 "seats". May be squishy again, but could work.

No problem on Winnie the Pooh. When my family of 6 went a couple years ago we all fit into the same Hunny pot. :) And the youngest of us siblings was 14 and he was already 6 ft tall. No joke. We did 3 and 3 on that.

Magic Carpets of Aladdin, you shouldn't have any problem getting all 5 of you on the same carpet.

Tomorrow Land Speedway was one of the very few rides my DH and I didn't ride when we were there last month. But I believe you could go 3 and 2 on this one without a problem.

Hope that helps some!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter