Three Things...Gratitude Thread

(Fri, 4/26) - 3 crunchy or salty foods you're grateful for

1. CheezeIts - unlike @slo, these are my favorite snack, so I rarely buy them because I can sit and eat the whole box lol. No one else in my house eats them, so I just tend to not buy them.

2. Popcorn - Kettle corn is my favorite, but I love all popcorn for the most part. There's a fall festival in my town where they make this in one of the big black kettles and it's the best all year!

3. Pretzels - I was going to get a pretzel at the baseball game we went to last weekend, but by the time I went to buy it (in the 7th inning), they had quit making them. I guess I learned my lesson lol!

Nuts - I usually buy the unsalted or lightly salted ones (but I'll still count them under crunchy.) I love them as a quick protein, and have been especially enjoying putting pistachios in my salads recently - more nutrients than croutons, but they still give it some texture.

Salt potatoes - I don't make them because DH has to follow a low-sodium diet, but they were a local staple at cookouts where I grew up, and I'm grateful for traditions like that.

I had never heard of salt potatoes - they sound delicious. I think I'll try them soon!

Salty: smoked salmon
Bam! There it is. Couldn't agree more

@mumto3girls Feel free to take my share of the Anchovies. :-)

What perfect timing. I have just started working with a potential new customer, Blazing Bagels based out of Redmond, WA. They have 35 different flavored bagels and produce 35,000 bagels everyday. 😲 They have an amazing Cheesey Pretzel. Just the right amount of salt and cheese

Happy Saturday! :wave:

Eeyore has never been a character that I like, he’s good for the Winnie the Pooh stories, but outside of that, I’m not a fan. I think it’s because he’s the complete opposite of me. I have a hard time being with people like Eeyore - they totally bring me down with their glass half full and depressing demeanor. If my DH starts acting like an Eeyore I tell him - Stop being an Eeyore! and he knows exactly what I’m talking about - LOL! I understand some people are like that, and they probably can’t be around people like me, and that’s alright. If we were all the same, it’d be a pretty boring world.

#1 - My Car - The color is a silvery grey and I love it!

#2 - Our Pool Liner - It has blues and greys. Pretty soon we’ll be opening it - I can hardy wait!

#3 - My Grey Cardigan Sweaters - I have 4 different ones and I love them and wear them often.

My Eeyore hoodie. It's a darker blue (but not as dark as navy blue) with a tiny Eeyore embroidered on the left chest area. It's subtle but it's Disney- and how often can you say those two things together, hahaha? I've had it for at least 20 years and it's now pretty tattered, but I can't part with it- I love it. [ @slo I love Eeyore. I always feel he's just doing his best to plod along through the day, even when he's not loving it. I have those "just put one foot in front of the other" days, too. While I agree, people who are constant Eeyores wear me down, I also can relate to Eeyore sometimes.]

With the exception of my VW "fun-bus" all my minivans (4) have been blue. I love driving a minivan, sitting up high above most of the traffic, having plenty of storage space for whatever we are doing, wherever we are going. Now that I am the proud owner of a Kia Soul, I sometimes feel pretty small and lost, next to these big honking SUVs and trucks that people drive! I miss driving a mininvan and yes, I can parallel park them!

The Bear. I am always chilly at night, especially in the winter, wearing sweats and wrapped in blankets to watch TV. For Christmas this year, DD gave me what we have dubbed "The Bear." It's a grey, fuzzy, soft, cozy, warm, wearable blanket, with pockets and a hood. I wrap up in that thing and I am one toasty, happy camper! Occasionally when I go to put it on, I can't find it. That means DD has snatched it for the evening, hahaha, so guess what she is getting for Christmas this year?!

Not a fan of Eyeore because of his character traits but that’s just me ymmv

My grey plush bed - headboard & footboard - although every cat I’ve had seems to think it’s a scratching post 😡

My beautiful dark grey car - just love the color and the car 🚗

The walls in my house - all in the grey family of colors - think your dark grey browns - not your battleship grey 🤣🤣

My big long plush super soft with pockets grey sweater !! I hit it as a treat to myself and just love it !!! 😊

(Sat, 4/27) is 3 blue or grey things you're grateful for

Blue is my favorite color, so we have a lot of blue around here

1. My blue house. I loved the color we picked!
2. Our paint colors. We have gray walls upstairs and in the basement we actually went with a denim blue. I was a little nervous about it, but I love it.
3. My silver/gray highlander. It's 8 years old now with over 150,000 miles, but I love it still. DH wants to get a new car, but I'm really not ready. When we typically trade cars, I'm so tired of my old car that I can't wait, but I really have no desire to trade right now, so we're kind of at a stalemate lol!

DD15s eyes- My maternal grandmother had the most striking blue eyes. She passed away a little over a month before DD was born. The rest of us have brown/hazel eyes, but she has blue.

The walls- Around 80% of our walls are blue, blue-gray, or gray.

A fixer upper where I’d finally get my blue - I had always wanted a house with striking blue elements in my kitchen and baths, but it was never the right time. The house we’re now in was a fixer upper, but the previous owner put in blue eyes/blue Labrador granite throughout the kitchen and bar areas. We built on that and now we have LOTS of blue.

Obviously, the dark blue that the castle gets in the evening. I have so many pictures of it! So it made sense to have it be my name on the DIS :)

I love Eeyore! My DH is Eeyore, my DD is Piglet/sometimes Tigger, and I am Pooh. My eternal optimism and his eternal pessimism just works and has for almost 45 years!

My DGD’s eyes are such a light blue that they look more grey. They are truly stunning and so expressive. (Btw, I prefer the British spelling of grey) :)

Crunchy/Salty
Cashew Nuts
Green Olives
Crunchie Bar! (chocolate covered honeycomb)

Blue/Grey
❤️ for :eeyore: and all the Hundred Acre Wood Family! They've brought a lot of joy to a lot of people. I remember reading the books at school.
My desk chair, it's comfortable and a lovely marl grey (you know I like marl!! 🤣)
My soft, cosy navy blue throw, I have it right now (it's been cold and wet all day today 🌧️)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter