Throwaway cookies, NEVER :) The official Fort cookie thread!

Cookies aren't just for the holidays... Hope all had a Merry Christmas and hope everyone has a great New Years, and remember to never throw-away the cookies. :)

Only a Grinch would throw away perfectly good Fort "cookies." The Grinch that Stole Camping. Merry Christmas to you, too.

My daughter begged me to make the Andies cookies for her class, so here we go. Same ingredients as last year, but I doubled it.

IMAG0733.jpg

Difference this year is instead of whole Andes mints I found this instead.
IMAG0730.jpg

First round is ready
IMAG0735.jpg

While the cookies are going I decided to bake us a loaf of raisin cinnamon bread.
IMAG0732.jpg

It starts looking better as it bakes
1512938625205-873022438.jpg

All cookies done. Gonna score that "best school dad" no problem.
1512942685212-1867506158.jpg

150 to be exact. (Minus 5-10 during baking )

And the bread finished up about same time.
15129427478282036589057.jpg

@bjschil

The tradition continues. Kids have been after me all week to bake the mint cookies.

IMAG1503.jpg

Funny thing this year, the mix gets pretty thick as you mix it. The poor electric mixer was choking down, maybe putting off some electrical smell, possibly stripped out...most definitely gave up the ghost.

DW not happy...

But kids are! party::banana:

Mmmm. Are there chocolate chips in those mint cookies?

The poor electric mixer was choking down, maybe putting off some electrical smell, possibly stripped out...most definitely gave up the ghost.

DW not happy...
I see Santa bringing a new mixer this year.

j

Last edited:
Mmmm. Are there chocolate chips in those mint cookies?

I see Santa bringing a new mixer this year.

j

Yes, the recipe (on page 5 or 6 of this thread) you melt 1 1/4 stick of butter and mix in 2 cups of chocolate chips. So yes there are chips, but they are melted.

Sad part is, we actually have one of those heavy duty mixers that has the big glass bowl and all but I didn't use it as I did not double the mixture, so it really wasn't that much to mix. But...now that I look back on it...

I'm sure I'll be baking some more, so next time I'll use the big one instead.

I might be heading to T-town week of Christmas to visit relatives and might need to make some to take that direction.

Don't think I won't buy her a mixer for Christmas, but somehow I think it would be like buying her a vacuum for Christmas.

@bjschil

The tradition continues. Kids have been after me all week to bake the mint cookies.

View attachment 369472

Funny thing this year, the mix gets pretty thick as you mix it. The poor electric mixer was choking down, maybe putting off some electrical smell, possibly stripped out...most definitely gave up the ghost.

DW not happy...

But kids are! party::banana:

Your post and comments reminded me that I have to make these delicious cookies this year. Hard choice, 48# down, and not the temptation, hhhhmmmm, what to do. Bill is also on this journey with me, but I will make these and take to neighbors and elderly aunts. Merry Christmas all. Bill & Bill

Yes, the recipe (on page 5 or 6 of this thread) you melt 1 1/4 stick of butter and mix in 2 cups of chocolate chips. So yes there are chips, but they are melted.

Sad part is, we actually have one of those heavy duty mixers that has the big glass bowl and all but I didn't use it as I did not double the mixture, so it really wasn't that much to mix. But...now that I look back on it...

I'm sure I'll be baking some more, so next time I'll use the big one instead.

I might be heading to T-town week of Christmas to visit relatives and might need to make some to take that direction.

Don't think I won't buy her a mixer for Christmas, but somehow I think it would be like buying her a vacuum for Christmas.

My husband learned early on that if it has a power cord or runs on batteries, it is NOT a gift (unless specifically requested).

I also learned, early on, that a surprise camping/canoe float weekend is not a birthday present when the DW was expecting a surprise curio cabinet. :worship:

j

You made me snort coffee out my nose! I told my avid-outdoorsman DH before we married that my idea of 'roughing it' is a hotel that doesn't offer room service!

Thank God for RVing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!