Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be clear. If you were to cancel your room - would your FP's be voided? Just wondering how this works. Again, not judging.

Question about max guests on MDX account vs room reservations list. We have 5 in our family on MDX and we're looking into the Throwaway room to get a few perks for Christmas. Campsites are gone, so we're left with getting a value. The cheapest value is for a max of 4 adults. Am I correct in thinking that no matter how many ppl are listed on our account, the perks will only be for 4 people? We already have bands, our main desire is the 60+ FP and EMH.

I have booked a one night campsite. However, I've been following the Pandora thread and people are saying at 60 days the FP are not available. Have others been adding more than one night for more FP options? I could afford one more night but not sure if that will help. Also the second night would only give us the benefit of one extra day parking. Just curious if others are adding days?

I have booked a one night campsite. However, I've been following the Pandora thread and people are saying at 60 days the FP are not available. Have others been adding more than one night for more FP options? I could afford one more night but not sure if that will help. Also the second night would only give us the benefit of one extra day parking. Just curious if others are adding days?
When I did my fast passes last week, Both Pandora rides were available. FoP was in the early afternoon though.

Here's our specific scenario. We are DVC and AP holders. We are planning a trip end of Jan. We can not book DVC until Dec 1 because of use year limits. Can we book a throwaway room for the first day of our trip and take advantage of the 60 day window? And when we book our DVC room, still have those FP in place? Would we be able to at that point cancel the throwaway?
I'm confused are your points in holding? Otherwise there shouldn't be any reason you need to wait until Dec to book Jan as a DVC member. If your UY is Dec you don't have to wait until then to book. As long as the points would be avail to you (either banked 2016 points, current UY 2017 points or borrowed 2018 points) for your Jan 2018 stay you can book now.

I'm confused are your points in holding? Otherwise there shouldn't be any reason you need to wait until Dec to book Jan as a DVC member. If your UY is Dec you don't have to wait until then to book. As long as the points would be avail to you (either banked 2016 points, current UY 2017 points or borrowed 2018 points) for your Jan 2018 stay you can book now.
And the lightbulb just turned on!! Thank you!!

And the lightbulb just turned on!! Thank you!!
You are welcome (I had a feeling it was a UY misunderstanding). I felt badly for you when I read your post as by Dec 1st DVC will probably have slim pickings for travel in Jan

If you purchased your park tix from a third party (like UT), will Disney still send you Magic Bands for your "1 night stay".

If you purchased your park tix from a third party (like UT), will Disney still send you Magic Bands for your "1 night stay".
Yes if you have a stay booked they will send you bands as long as you live in the US. They are usually mailed out At just under 30 days. International guests receive them at the front desk at check in.

If I book my throwaway night a couple days early (say Thursday night when we are really going to our first park Saturday), will I still get my rolling 60 if I don't book any FP's until Saturday? Should I book dummy FP's for Thu and Fri (and then cancel them when I need to book days 6 and 7 for real?) I just don't want to lose my rolling 60 because I didn't book any FP's on my arrival/checkout days.

In case anyone is wondering, Thursday is way cheaper than Saturday to book. I don't care about parking because we are getting AP's. Thanks.

If I book my throwaway night a couple days early (say Thursday night when we are really going to our first park Saturday), will I still get my rolling 60 if I don't book any FP's until Saturday? Should I book dummy FP's for Thu and Fri (and then cancel them when I need to book days 6 and 7 for real?) I just don't want to lose my rolling 60 because I didn't book any FP's on my arrival/checkout days.

In case anyone is wondering, Thursday is way cheaper than Saturday to book. I don't care about parking because we are getting AP's. Thanks.

Although it may be cheaper to book a Thursday throwaway, you miss the EMH and free parking advantage (which may not be important to you).

No need to book "dummy" FP's; the rolling window opens at 60 days no matter what.

I am sure this is been answered elsewhere, but haven't been able to find an answer yet. I saw earlier today part of my question was answered with regards to FPs being booked a couple of days after your throwaway room reservation check out day and whether or not the rolling 60 would still continue… Which it looks like it does. My question is, for ADRs, if I wanted to get the earliest possible jumpstart on getting a reservation and booked my throwaway room for 10 days BEFORE the day in the park I am attending, would I still be able to make the ADR for that day 10 days in advance because the reservation would be for a day that I am not staying at my throwaway room's hotel? In other words, is the +10 available to resort guests for ADRs applicable whether or not your stay is 10 days long? Hope that made sense!

I am sure this is been answered elsewhere, but haven't been able to find an answer yet. I saw earlier today part of my question was answered with regards to FPs being booked a couple of days after your throwaway room reservation check out day and whether or not the rolling 60 would still continue… Which it looks like it does. My question is, for ADRs, if I wanted to get the earliest possible jumpstart on getting a reservation and booked my throwaway room for 10 days BEFORE the day in the park I am attending, would I still be able to make the ADR for that day 10 days in advance because the reservation would be for a day that I am not staying at my throwaway room's hotel? In other words, is the +10 available to resort guests for ADRs applicable whether or not your stay is 10 days long? Hope that made sense!

No - you will not be able to make reservations 190days in advance unless you have a hotel room for that 10th day.

OK, so I am new to the boards, and have read both this thread and the original tread (most of it anyways!) and just wanted to clarify this. This is our second time to Disney this year, and we are only able to go back because of points for both airplanes and hotels my wife and I have earned from travel for work. We are going to stay offsite august 22-28th. If I book a single night at a campsite for the 23rd, this would enable me to get 3 Magic bands, free parking on the 23rd and 24th,with extra magic hours those two days? I could start booking FP+ tomorrow since it will be 60 days out from the first date, and do dining reservations, and then in 3 days I can start booking other FP+ since it will be rolling for the remainder of the tickets? And all of this will be linked to MyDisneyExperience account? Did I get this right? Sorry if this was a run-on.

OK, so I am new to the boards, and have read both this thread and the original tread (most of it anyways!) and just wanted to clarify this. This is our second time to Disney this year, and we are only able to go back because of points for both airplanes and hotels my wife and I have earned from travel for work. We are going to stay offsite august 22-28th. If I book a single night at a campsite for the 23rd, this would enable me to get 3 Magic bands, free parking on the 23rd and 24th,with extra magic hours those two days? I could start booking FP+ tomorrow since it will be 60 days out from the first date, and do dining reservations, and then in 3 days I can start booking other FP+ since it will be rolling for the remainder of the tickets? And all of this will be linked to MyDisneyExperience account? Did I get this right? Sorry if this was a run-on.

All is right except 2 things. 60 days before 8/23 is 6/24, not tomorrow. And you can book dining now. You may have wanted to schedule your dining around your FP+ times though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!