Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your 60-day window rolls forward so you can book FPs 60 days out from each offsite park day.
So OP should have been able to book fp's for check in and check out day 60 days out, right? But would have had to do it on two different days since the reservation days are not consecutive? One day do the 23rd and 24th and two days later the 25th and 26th? Just checking that this is still working the same way...

So OP should have been able to book fp's for check in and check out day 60 days out, right? But would have had to do it on two different days since the reservation days are not consecutive? One day do the 23rd and 24th and two days later the 25th and 26th? Just checking that this is still working the same way...
Correct. The window opens for Check-in through checkout day.

Then, 60 days before any other park day, FPs can be booked.

Many people book a throwaway room for just one night. They gain FP+ reservation privileges 60 days prior to check-in, and can make FP+'s for both the check-in and check-out day. You can continue to to make reservations for the rest of your offsite stay, on a rolling basis, one day at a time, 60 days out. The number of reservations is limited only to the number of days you have on your ticket(s).

For example, let's say I'm staying off-site for a fun Halloween treat from October 24-31 of this year. I book a throwaway room for the night of October 24th at All-Star Sports. Tomorrow, 8/25, I will be able to book FP+'s for October 24 and 25, my throwaway room check-in and check-out day, but not the rest of the week. On 8/27, I will be able to book for 10/26, on 8/28 for 10/27, etc., on a rolling basis for the length of my ticket.

I currently have POR booked for Jan 30-Feb 6 with 8 day park tickets. We just decided to stay offsite and I want to cancel my resort reservations. If I’m reading this right, I can change my resort reservation to one night and keep all the fast passes I already scheduled at the 60 day mark? I’m already past that rolling schedule so it sounds like I can, but I want to make sure I’m interpreting it correctly.

Yes, that’s correct.

Wow. I’m so glad I read this. Such great information here! That’s amazing because it’s only a $88 difference and I was going to buy 3 magicbands anyway. So, $44 is totally worth it to keep my fast passes and not have to deal with a refund and rebuying my tickets.

A couple additional questions...
Can I use my magic bands to pay at the park all week even after we’ve checked out?
Also, I’m assuming we’d get to use the extra magic hours on the check in/out days, but not the rest of the ticket days, correct?

Question regarding adding people to a campsite reservation (for MBs) - We have a group of 8. Trip is is November. We won't know until April how many of the group are actually going (other than me and one other person). If I book now with just the two people on the reservation, can I add the other gals in April when we have everything else (travel) booked? I really want to do the booking ASAP and I know if I tell everyone to set up MDE, it's gonna be like herding cats, especially now, at the holidays. I don't mind sitting on hold with Disney to add them in April, I just want to know if it's possible.

Question regarding adding people to a campsite reservation (for MBs) - We have a group of 8. Trip is is November. We won't know until April how many of the group are actually going (other than me and one other person). If I book now with just the two people on the reservation, can I add the other gals in April when we have everything else (travel) booked? I really want to do the booking ASAP and I know if I tell everyone to set up MDE, it's gonna be like herding cats, especially now, at the holidays. I don't mind sitting on hold with Disney to add them in April, I just want to know if it's possible.
Just use one MDE account with a total of eight names now. Disney doesn’t Check names at the park entrances and each person does not need their own MDE. It’s much easier to use 1 account with all the friends listed.

Just use one MDE account with a total of eight names now. Disney doesn’t Check names at the park entrances and each person does not need their own MDE. It’s much easier to use 1 account with all the friends listed.
But then how will they link their tickets and make their FP reservations? We will not be doing all rides and dining together. I don't want to give out my Disney password to everyone, and I'd be afraid someone would cancel or mess up my reservations. And I'm not playing travel agent and booking everybody's FPs and dining for them.

But then how will they link their tickets and make their FP reservations? We will not be doing all rides and dining together. I don't want to give out my Disney password to everyone, and I'd be afraid someone would cancel or mess up my reservations. And I'm not playing travel agent and booking everybody's FPs and dining for them.
If you really aren’t traveling as a group, it would be easiest to forego a Throwaway Room rather than continually adding people and attempting to link a number of MDE accounts. If you are sharing plans when you link MDE accounts, you and the others still have the potential of messing up someone else’s plans.

If they are linked, I think they can still mess up your plans, even without your password? Someone else can correct me...but when when linked with another family going with us, I could add/delete their Fp’s and adr’s.

If they are linked, I think they can still mess up your plans, even without your password? Someone else can correct me...but when when linked with another family going with us, I could add/delete their Fp’s and adr’s.

If you are "sharing plans" then yes, whoever you are sharing with can make changes to FP+. If they are just listed as "family and friends" then no, they can't. When you connect with another MDE account you have the option to share plans.

For example, I'm "sharing plans" with one of my dd's so both of us can make FP for everyone I am in charge of in my MDE account (my other kids, dh, dd's boyfriend) and everyone she is in charge of in her MDE account (dd and her dh). I can see other extended family members plans (set as "My other family and friends") but we can't modify each other's plans. I can also see their DVC resort reservations, but can't access anything because we are not set to "share plans".

It's really confusing sometimes! My dd's MIL can see all our photopass pics in her account on MDE, but she can't make any changes to our plans. She can see them b/c she is "connected" to my dd's MDE as "sharing plans" because they travel together sometimes. I was actually surprised by this and a little annoyed when I found out she was looking at my pics. I can also see her MIL's plans if she plans a trip. It's really interesting b/c I can also see who her MIL adds to her resort reservations (names only). It's a weird way MDE accounts connect with each other!

Hi all,

I want to make sure I don't mess up the dates. We want to visit AK only for a day on March 7th 2016.
-We should make a reservation for either the night of the 6th, or the night of the 7th.
-Fastpass opens up on January 6th 2018, at 7AM EST.

Am I getting this right?

Thanks

Hi all,

I want to make sure I don't mess up the dates. We want to visit AK only for a day on March 7th 2016.
-We should make a reservation for either the night of the 6th, or the night of the 7th.
-Fastpass opens up on January 6th 2018, at 7AM EST.

Am I getting this right?

Thanks
For a March 6th Reservation:
FP Booking is January 5th @ 7a ET

For a March 7th Reservation:
FP Booking is January 6th @ 7a ET

For a March 6th Reservation:
FP Booking is January 5th @ 7a ET

For a March 7th Reservation:
FP Booking is January 6th @ 7a ET

Thanks. But if we want to go on March 7th, does it matter if we book the throwaway on either the night of the 6th or 7th? The goal is to get access to FP Booking on January 6th.

@Stefjo - For a 3/6/18 Booking, your window opens on the 5th which is 1 day earlier because the opening of the window is based on the resort reservation. If you’re actually staying in the resort room, you’ll have to pack up before you head to the park.

You just have to decide which night to book. If you aren’t even going to use the Resort room and are staying elsewhere, book the room for 3/6 and book your FPs for AK on 1/5/18.

Your FP window opens for your check-in day through your checkout day as described in the first post of this thread.

@Stefjo - For a 3/6/18 Booking, your window opens on the 5th which is 1 day earlier because the opening of the window is based on the resort reservation. If you’re actually staying in the resort room, you’ll have to pack up before you head to the park.

You just have to decide which night to book. If you aren’t even going to use the Resort room and are staying elsewhere, book the room for 3/6 and book your FPs for AK on 1/5/18.

We won't be using the room, we're staying offsite. If we're going March 7th to AK, the FP booking opens up on January 6th as you said. Then we should book the room for March 7th? Or it doesn't matter and I could book the room 3/6 since FP availability is based on both check in and check out dates?

We won't be using the room, we're staying offsite. If we're going March 7th to AK, the FP booking opens up on January 6th as you said. Then we should book the room for March 7th? Or it doesn't matter and I could book the room 3/6 since FP availability is based on both check in and check out dates?
Book the room for 3/6.

Book the FPs for AK when your FP booking window opens on January 5th... the open FP Booking Window includes your AK park day.

I already bought park tickets for my family for June and they are in MDE. I decided yesterday to book a throwaway room for our first night. Right now I can see fast passes at 30 days out at a time. Will it automatically switch me to 60 days at the 60 day window in April for my June trip? Or do I need to further sync something? I hope this makes sense. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!