Thunderstorms at Discovery Cove?

srpresto

Earning My Ears
I am planning on going in Sept of this year, and the afternoon thunderstorm is pretty common in Florida that time of year. What do people do when at Discovery Cove if a thunderstorm pops up? Are there place you can go inside and wait it out, or do you just hang around and get wet? If I book my stay way in advance and it is supposed to storm all day, what is the refund or change of date policy?

Here’s the information I’ve found regarding the weather & Discovery Cove. I hope this helps.

https://discoverycove.com/orlando/park-info/climate/

I need "Peace of Mind". What is your Hurricane Policy?
In the event a named tropical storm or hurricane approaches Orlando, Tampa, or a guest's hometown, the parks will reschedule or refund any vacation package and/or individual park tickets booked through SeaWorld Vacations, Busch Gardens Vacations, DiscoveryCove.com, SeaWorld.com, Aquatica.com, BuschGardens.com, or the call center. The parks will not apply any cancellation or change fees for this service. For additional Discovery Cove information call 407-513-4600.

How do I change or cancel a reservation?
At Discovery Cove, we recognize that vacation plans sometimes change. To accommodate this, we will allow one complimentary date change prior to your visit. Further changes to your itinerary will be provided for a nominal charge of $50 per change. If you need to reschedule your Discovery Cove visit, one complimentary date change is allowed, pending availability. Bookings made within 7 days of original reservation date will be booked at the original rate. Bookings made outside of that time will be subject to change based on seasonal rates for the new date chosen.

Please note: If you decide to cancel or rebook your Discovery Cove reservation within 30 days of your visit there is no refund. If the cancellation notice is provided more than 30 days from your originally scheduled arrival, you will receive a full 100% refund. If you have to change or cancel your reservation, please contact the Discovery Cove reservations center at 407-513-4600.

Thanks, the change or cancel info is helpful. I saw the hurricane policy, but was more interested in the mundane summer storms. If a hurricane heads toward Orlando, I will just head home, but a really rainy day I just want to be somewhere else.

What happens if you don't get your dolphin swim because of weather? Do they refund you the difference between the day pass and the day pass plus dolphin swim?

We had the dreaded happen. I was just out in the deep water for my dolphin swim (in a downpour) and they called us in for lightening. We were fortunate that it only lasted about 30 min and we were able to go back out to finish and take pictures in the sun, but we did end up with some rainy rides. I know they said to us that they have some built in time and can push the swims back for storms, but I don’t know what they would do if an all day storm occurred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!