"Ticket Less" Air Travel?

FayeW

DIS Veteran
I want to book some reservations on TransMeridian, but the website says that all travel is "ticket less". Forgive me for being stupid, but does this mean I just have to present myself to the ticket counter with ID and that's it, or will I receive a confirmation that I can print out? My dilemma is that my home printer is on the fritz, and I can't access the reservation site online from work, so I can't really print anything out unless they email a confirmation to me. Anybody with experience using TMA & their "ticket less" system?

Hi FayeW,

We used Air Canada's e-tickets when we went to the WDW in September. We did get a confirmation screen at the end of the ordering process. They also mailed us a confirmation letter about a week after we placed our order online. All we had to do at check-in was show the letter and our Aeroplan cards... :D

Can you save the confirmation screen as an html file and print it at work? How about screen capture?

I don't know about that airline, but Delta and United both send e mails and I sometimes forward the e mail to myself at work (or perhaps you could send it to a friend who could print it out). Neither of those airlines actually requests to see the print out --- they just ask our name, check their computer, and verify our picture ID at check in. If you have any doubts, call the airline to confirm your reservation and seat assignment.

Both airlines also have online check in from home (or a kiosk to use for check in at the airport), so we don't even have to stop at the ticket counter and present ANY paperwork. But it always makes me feel more secure to have information printed out.

I can't even remember the last time that I travelled with paper tickets. We generally fly ATA and get e-tickets. We choose our seat on-line during the reservation process, and when we finish, they email a copy of our itinerary that we print out and bring to the airport. You can even check in at an e-ticket kiosk, which typically has a shorter line than the regular baggage counter. We've never, ever had a problem with e-tickets. The only difficulties have been with web check-in, but everything is fine when we check in at the airport.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I suggest you hold off on booking on line until you get that printer fixed or replaced.

You need to be able to print out evidence you made the booking or purchase.

If you make purchases or reservations over the phone, they should send you written confirmations.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

I am glad to see this. I made reservations online with Airtran (which I have never flown, we fly out of STLouis usually) for my parents to join us at WDW in December. I don't recall getting any kind of page to print. At least, by the time I realized that I wasn't going to get anything else--the transaction was finished, and the site was gone IYKWIM. How can I double check to confirm--should I call? Anyone have any experience with Airtran? (they are flying out of Moline, IL)

It is also good to learn how to print screen.

Briefly it goes like this (may vary on some computers)

At some point there must be a "congratulations you have booked" message or something like that.
Press the print screen key and wait five seconds.

Run the paint program, sometimes called MSPAINT, sometimes called PBRUSH.

In the paint program do Edit, Paste.

There may be a message like "Too large do you want to expand the bitmap to fit?" Answer YES.

In the paint program, do File, Print.

You may have to go back to the Internet window and scroll it so more of the Congratulations page (or other page of interest) comes into view, and repeat this procedure.

Rehearse it with an arbitrary web page to make sure it works for you and all the pieces such as the paint program exist.

Even if you didn't get a screen to print you should have received a confirmation number or a record locator number. You should have that when talking with the airline.

If you don't when you call they will ask for the day of flight, last name and be able to call it up that way. When they give it to you keep it for your records and when you show up at the airport.

I tried to book last night, and the online system wouldn't accept my credit card ( perhaps because it is a Canadian issued card?), but this morning I used a different one and it went through no problem. I loaded the confirmation into my printer que, and I'm sure my husband will be able to get it to print when he comes home ( in November!). I did record my confirmation number, and have already received an email from TMA with all of the flight information. I can access my email from work so I will print it from there. Looks like we are good to go! Thanks for your help.

"Paperless" tickets are the standard for most travel these days. Like Barb I can't remember the last time I used a paper ticket.

I always bring a printed confirmation. A good idea, but it is not needed, and it's really just a convenient way of bringing your confirmation number.

The best security is to check your reservation online periodically, and especially within 48 hours of your flight. If it's in their system, you're good to go! You may have to join their frequent flyer problem to view your itinerary online, but that's painless.

It depends on how you make the reservation whether or not you can view your reservation online. As long as you have your confirmation number you can always check it by phone.

I had to use a paper ticket this past weekend because I was flying two different airlines. I prefer e tickets!!!!

We are flying Aritran out of Dayton the end of November, and this is the first I've used them.
If you go to their website - www.airtran.com - you can go to the member section. if you're not already a member, you are able to sign up at that time. Then, once you've registered, you are able to pull up all your flight information. The first screen just gives you your confirmation number and only shows one leg of your flight. If you then click on details, it will take you to the screen that lists all legs of your flight. This is also a good way to check to make sure that none of your flight times have changed.
Good luck!

The first time I used e-tickets, I was a little nervous myself ... Just make sure you confirm your flight before you leave and bring ID for check-in :) I've never been asked for a print out of the confirmation screen but I usually keep it handy ... just in case :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter