Ticket Longer than 10 days

Disney Princess

Member Since Day 1
I am pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I have to ask anyway. We already have 10 day PH tickets. Flights just went WAY down if we fly in a day (2 extra park days because of flight times) early. Is there anyway to add 2 days to our tickets? We really do not want APs as we don't plan to return within the year. I know UK residents can get 14 day tickets, but is it impossible for me?

Any other scenarios that I'm not thinking of? Obviously, I can buy another 2 day ticket, but that is clearly not as cost effective as adding days.

Thanks for your help!

No. One option would be to add the Water Parks and More feature which would allow you to enjoy the "Water Parks and More" as well as the theme parks during a full 14 day period. This way you would have something to do for the 12 day period even though you would only be able to go to the theme parks during 10 of those days.

The second option is to buy a separate 2 day pass.

The third option would be to buy an annual pass. I think the AP is cheaper than a 10+2. And if even if it isn't, once you own the AP you qualify for a Tables in Wonderland card. With that card, you will save so much money over the course of 12 days that it would easily pay for the card as well as the price difference in getting the AP. I would definitely go that route.

Your options are buying AP's or buying a separate two-day ticket. Those are the only options for US residents. Or, add the WPF&M option onto your ticket and go to a water park and mini-golf during your extra days - it would be pretty cheap to add that option!

Well, I hadn't thought about WPF&M. We'll be there in November. We could hope for hot weather! And it is cheap - $15/person.

No. One option would be to add the Water Parks and More feature which would allow you to enjoy the "Water Parks and More" as well as the theme parks during a full 14 day period. This way you would have something to do for the 12 day period even though you would only be able to go to the theme parks during 10 of those days.

The second option is to buy a separate 2 day pass.

The third option would be to buy an annual pass. I think the AP is cheaper than a 10+2. And if even if it isn't, once you own the AP you qualify for a Tables in Wonderland card. With that card, you will save so much money over the course of 12 days that it would easily pay for the card as well as the price difference in getting the AP. I would definitely go that route.

Thanks. Yes, the AP is definitely cheaper than the extra 2 day pass. Unfortunately, we're only doing two ADRs, both of which are blocked out from the TiW (CRT and Thanksgiving day meal at HDDR). By the time we buy 4 APs, I don't think we could save the extra $1000.

While officially there isn't a way to add more than 10 days, there have been reports of people being able to get days added beyond the 10. I don't believe it can be done ahead of time as the only reports I've read are of people that have had it done once they are on property. I'm not sure if it has to be done at guest relations or if you can ask at a regular ticket window, but I'd definitely go to guest relations and ask.

10 Days is a lot of park time. If you were going to buy the extra two, I might recommend you look at Universal. The cost would be similar and it would be different stuff. The water park idea is also good as that would give you a lot of water park days for minimal cost and you can intersperse them with your theme park days.

I don't get that. If an AP is cheaper than buying an additional 2 days, why not get it? Even if you don't plan to use it again before expiration.

Agreed. And you'll save 10% or more on meals, 20% on merchandise. And you also might be able to save 10-25% on your resort stay (depending on when you are going and availability).

An AP seems like a no brainer here.

While officially there isn't a way to add more than 10 days, there have been reports of people being able to get days added beyond the 10. I don't believe it can be done ahead of time as the only reports I've read are of people that have had it done once they are on property. I'm not sure if it has to be done at guest relations or if you can ask at a regular ticket window, but I'd definitely go to guest relations and ask.

Thanks. We'll see what happens when we get there. We'll probably add water parks fun and more, but we might try this route too, just in case.

10 Days is a lot of park time. If you were going to buy the extra two, I might recommend you look at Universal. The cost would be similar and it would be different stuff. The water park idea is also good as that would give you a lot of water park days for minimal cost and you can intersperse them with your theme park days.

Agreed. We'd love to see Universal. However, our kids are too short for most of it. We'll save it for when we (mom and dad) can enjoy WWOHP together instead of as singles switching off. :) In fact, when everyone (or at least one kid) is tall enough, we'll venture that way. We definitely love the water parks idea.

I don't get that. If an AP is cheaper than buying an additional 2 days, why not get it? Even if you don't plan to use it again before expiration.

Oh, I didn't mean to cause confusion. I agree that I'd do the cheaper option IF we were adding days. Of course, even if we didn't plan to use it, we'd get the AP instead of paying for 2 days. I meant that we won't spend the money on either option. It isn't worth the cost to upgrade 4 tickets to APs (or pay for 2 additional days). We'd rather explore a down day, head to DTD, hang at the resort pool, or maybe add WPF&M. Those are more cost friendly. :)

Agreed. And you'll save 10% or more on meals, 20% on merchandise. And you also might be able to save 10-25% on your resort stay (depending on when you are going and availability).

An AP seems like a no brainer here.

Maybe an AP will be added for 1 person for the dining and merchandise discounts. I just don't think we'll be able to justify adding it to 4 tickets. :) I wish the resort discount applied. DH works for Hilton, so we're staying at the Waldorf this trip. Not that I'm complaining. ;) Our work discount is quite lovely. The AP just won't help us in that way.

I do appreciate everyone's feedback. Even if the suggestion doesn't work for us this trip, I'm filing thoughts away for future trips. And of course, it's hopefully helping fellow readers as well.

We'd love to see Universal. However, our kids are too short for most of it. We'll save it for when we (mom and dad) can enjoy WWOHP together instead of as singles switching off. :) In fact, when everyone (or at least one kid) is tall enough, we'll venture that way.

In case you don't know, rider switch at universal is done just before the loading area. So everyone can enter the lines and go almost all the way through. The non-riders wait in an area, the rider rides them returns and switches there. It's all very civilized rather than having to go through the whole line alone then switch outside.
And remember that there's a Barney show and play areas and fun stuff there. It's not all The Hulk. :)

In case you don't know, rider switch at universal is done just before the loading area. So everyone can enter the lines and go almost all the way through. The non-riders wait in an area, the rider rides them returns and switches there. It's all very civilized rather than having to go through the whole line alone then switch outside.
And remember that there's a Barney show and play areas and fun stuff there. It's not all The Hulk. :)
Thanks, bumbershoot! I didn't realize that. Some more food for thought.

our kids are too short for most of it.

Some of our best days at WDW when our kids were young were days we didn't go into the parks! I'd seriously consider just having a couple of relaxing days interspersed between park days. Fort Wilderness is a fun area to visit - sandy beaches, horse barn, pony rides, peacocks, Sea Racers. . .Fun times.

We just bought the 14-day tickets from a UK agent that was willing to ship overseas. No problem.

Water parks is a very inexpensive option, but I believe only one of them will be open in November. They take turns going down for refurbishment in late Fall/winter. Still, two days in the same water park is fine.

Another option - you could do a party one night if you wanted actual theme park time. Cheaper than the 2 day ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!