Ticket sales before August?

siren0119

DIS Veteran
I know there isn't a clear answer to this yet but just curious what folks would do in our situation.

I have a chance to rent some DVC points for the 3rd week in August. It came up unexpectedly, so we do not have park tickets at this time.

It's still a decent chunk of change that we'd be paying, and being there with NO chance of visiting the parks would be painful. We could still have fun at the resort and DS but we are park people more than anything else.

Would you go ahead with the rental now, and hope for the best with ticket availability by August? Or would that be too high a risk for you?

I'd wait until at least the new park reservation system came out to see what happens. Unless you'd be OK with going to Seaworld or Univ. if you couldn't get into WDW. No one knows how it will work. Plus, even if you could buy tickets, that doesn't guarantee you'd get park reservations. What if existing hotel/ticket holders book 80% of new capacity and then those with new tickets are chasing the remaining 20%? Plus, there are also those with tickets already linked to MDE, but off-site lodging. How will those be handled? Are they next in line before they sell new tickets?

I know there isn't a clear answer to this yet but just curious what folks would do in our situation.

I have a chance to rent some DVC points for the 3rd week in August. It came up unexpectedly, so we do not have park tickets at this time.

It's still a decent chunk of change that we'd be paying, and being there with NO chance of visiting the parks would be painful. We could still have fun at the resort and DS but we are park people more than anything else.

Would you go ahead with the rental now, and hope for the best with ticket availability by August? Or would that be too high a risk for you?
If the parks are your reason for going, then IMO it’s not worth risking. It’s quite possible that you won’t get into a park every day of your trip by the time ticket sale reopen for onsite guests without tickets.Or you may get a park reservation for one or two parks, but not your park of choice. Too many variables for my comfort level. But if you would be content to go for a resort-only stay, then it might be worth it if the price is right.

I would not. I'm also a park person, and wouldn't risk my money on a DVC rental at this point in time.

I'd wait until at least the new park reservation system came out to see what happens. Unless you'd be OK with going to Seaworld or Univ. if you couldn't get into WDW. No one knows how it will work. Plus, even if you could buy tickets, that doesn't guarantee you'd get park reservations. What if existing hotel/ticket holders book 80% of new capacity and then those with new tickets are chasing the remaining 20%? Plus, there are also those with tickets already linked to MDE, but off-site lodging. How will those be handled? Are they next in line before they sell new tickets?

That was another thought we had - just taking the DVC but expecting to visit Universal instead (and foregoing the EP's). We were in orlando right before the hurricane this past August, and spent a lot more time in Disney Springs than we had expected, the kids had a great time. But we had still gotten two park visits in (one to HS one to MK) before we had to go home and not risk being stuck. I think we could still have a great trip if we could get a day or two at Universal to scratch the theme park itch, but then we'd probably drive down instead of flying. Lots of things to consider, for sure!

Whatever yall do dont buy from an outside vendor while disney has their ticket sales closed. It's already been confirmed that disney isnt giving first dibs to reserve parks that bought tickets from outside vendors while disney was not selling.

Whatever yall do dont buy from an outside vendor while disney has their ticket sales closed. It's already been confirmed that disney isnt giving first dibs to reserve parks that bought tickets from outside vendors while disney was not selling.
Really? And where was that posted?

Any additional info? We purchased UT tickets within the hour they announced and received emails saying we were good to go and had priority. Hope that is still true...

We have September 4-9th (Labor Day Weekend) booked. July 6 is my 60 day mark for FP+. Normally, I would purchase park tickets July 1.

That is all up in the air now.

1. Can I buy park tickets for September?
  2. Will there be FP+ in September?
  3. Are my MNSSH tickets still going to be good?
The great news is, we are staying at Beach Club Villas. So, if i can't go to the parks, we have no problem just hanging by the beach Club pool for a few days.

I just dont like not knowing. We are all "planners" on this board.

We have September 4-9th (Labor Day Weekend) booked. July 6 is my 60 day mark for FP+. Normally, I would purchase park tickets July 1.

That is all up in the air now.

1. Can I buy park tickets for September?
  2. Will there be FP+ in September?
  3. Are my MNSSH tickets still going to be good?
The great news is, we are staying at Beach Club Villas. So, if i can't go to the parks, we have no problem just hanging by the beach Club pool for a few days.

I just dont like not knowing. We are all "planners" on this board.
I bet disney will be giving ppl with resort reservations a chance to buy their tickets when they get to that phase... I just dont see them not you know?

I just didnt want to see people having more issues is all, I see so many posts of how they got around Disney's no ticket sales but there was a reason they stopped selling them.
My understanding UT isnt even selling them right now, apparently it's been a mess last couple days.

I just didnt want to see people having more issues is all, I see so many posts of how they got around Disney's no ticket sales but there was a reason they stopped selling them.
My understanding UT isnt even selling them right now, apparently it's been a mess last couple days.

Thanks for the heads up.....another thing to work;)

You can actually call DRC and they will tell you..
Does this mean they can see when you actually bought your tickets, as well as when you linked them? I bought our tickets way back in early February when no one had any idea this would happen but didn't link them until very early Friday morning when the stuff hit the fan. Am I out of luck? I have our receipts to prove that we bought them. Perhaps this warrants a call to Disney Reservation Center. Do I find the number online?

Nothing I can do about it now. I bought my tickets from UT on the 27th, just after Disney announced that they would be using a phased reservation system for park entry. Tickets are linked and I have had my DVC reservation since November.

Does this mean they can see when you actually bought your tickets, as well as when you linked them? I bought our tickets way back in early February when no one had any idea this would happen but didn't link them until very early Friday morning when the stuff hit the fan. Am I out of luck? I have our receipts to prove that we bought them. Perhaps this warrants a call to Disney Reservation Center. Do I find the number online?
I wouldn’t worry. This is not reliable information.

Nothing I can do about it now. I bought my tickets from UT on the 27th, just after Disney announced that they would be using a phased reservation system for park entry. Tickets are linked and I have had my DVC reservation since November.
Me too, bought them hours after announcement And linked them. I called and they said if you have your tickets linked your good. Plus I got the email that we will have priority to reserve parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter