Tickets disappeared from app

Cal-Pie

DIS Veteran
Just for kicks and giggles, I checked the app to see if the 5 tickets that I scanned in months ago were still there. They've disappeared, so I tried to scan them again, but it says they've already been scanned into my account. I've heard of APs disappearing after they expire, but has anyone else seen regular tickets vanish?

Just for kicks and giggles, I checked the app to see if the 5 tickets that I scanned in months ago were still there. They've disappeared, so I tried to scan them again, but it says they've already been scanned into my account. I've heard of APs disappearing after they expire, but has anyone else seen regular tickets vanish?
When IT is making changes to specific areas of the accounts and app, data disappears and then reappears after the updates.

Did you go into your account using a browser to check? You may still see them listed there.

Just checked, on the App on my phone, my ticket is still there. I took a screenshot of it and I also have the confirmation email printed

I ended up calling tech support. The cm said my tickets (purchased from UT) expired on Aug 12, which was why they were no longer visible. I pointed out that the actual ticket print out has an expiration of Jan 12, 2021. He did more checking, and could definitely see the tickets in his system because he read me the names off of each of them. When I mentioned that the tickets had been purchased from a 3rd party, he said that their system is currently not communicating with the 3rd party retailers. He assured me that once they have an opening date, my tickets will either reappear in the app, or I will be able to rescan them.

Side note: I asked how likely it would be that the expiration on my tickets would be extended once the park reopens, and I was told it was "very likely."

I just checked and mine are still there. I purchased from Undercover Tourist. I remember from the other thread that we even purchased the same day, Cal-Pie, which was why I was so fast to check. I took a screenshot of both tickets and still have the email confirmations. That's so weird. I hope they show back up!

I ended up calling tech support. The cm said my tickets (purchased from UT) expired on Aug 12, which was why they were no longer visible. I pointed out that the actual ticket print out has an expiration of Jan 12, 2021. He did more checking, and could definitely see the tickets in his system because he read me the names off of each of them. When I mentioned that the tickets had been purchased from a 3rd party, he said that their system is currently not communicating with the 3rd party retailers. He assured me that once they have an opening date, my tickets will either reappear in the app, or I will be able to rescan them.

Side note: I asked how likely it would be that the expiration on my tickets would be extended once the park reopens, and I was told it was "very likely."
Good to know. Ours was purchased from UT as well. Expiration says January 12, 2021 on ours too.

Just checked again and mine are now GONE!
Something is definitely up with the app. The whole thing just seems glitchy today. The CM did mention that he was supposed to refer my questions back to UT, but said, "I'll save you the trouble of calling them because they won't know what to tell you. There's a problem with our systems communicating and we're working on it."

Tickets used to disappear from the app all the time. Definitely don’t anyone freak out if your tickets disappear! Could be a sign Disneyland brought back an IT person to start getting the system back in shape.

Sidenote: always take screenshots of your tickets. Sometimes they disappear so throughly you have to uninstall the app. (Once they were so gone I had to make a new Disney account and link the tickets to that one. Oy, the mess that thing was when it first launched 🙄)

Something is definitely up with the app. The whole thing just seems glitchy today. The CM did mention that he was supposed to refer my questions back to UT, but said, "I'll save you the trouble of calling them because they won't know what to tell you. There's a problem with our systems communicating and we're working on it."
Sounds like you got a good CM there!

Same thing occurred to us. Hopefully, not a big deal though. We still have the physical tickets. Our tickets were purchased from Target.

I sure hope they extend the expiration dates. I was going to go this June. We have rescheduled for June 2021. I called during all of this nonsense and was told by a CM that my tickets would expire in December and that "you have to go to the box office to have new tickets issued". HOWEVER I live in Idaho. If they have a reservation system when they reopen and if I have to have valid ticket to register, I don't know what I am going to have to do! I don't want to fly from Idaho and just HOPE that we can get our reservations for going into the parks. SOOOO....I really hope Disney does the right thing and extends the expiration dates, keeping my tickets valid through next year. At the VERY LEAST they could reissue new tickets, since I bought mine directly from Disney. Sigh...

I sure hope they extend the expiration dates. I was going to go this June. We have rescheduled for June 2021. I called during all of this nonsense and was told by a CM that my tickets would expire in December and that "you have to go to the box office to have new tickets issued". HOWEVER I live in Idaho. If they have a reservation system when they reopen and if I have to have valid ticket to register, I don't know what I am going to have to do! I don't want to fly from Idaho and just HOPE that we can get our reservations for going into the parks. SOOOO....I really hope Disney does the right thing and extends the expiration dates, keeping my tickets valid through next year. At the VERY LEAST they could reissue new tickets, since I bought mine directly from Disney. Sigh...
All the reasons you mentioned are just more reasons why I think expiration dates will end up getting extended. I hope to use my tickets in December, but if I can't/don't, I'm 500 miles away from the ticket booths and I can't hop over there to upgrade them before I'm allowed to make a park reservation. I have a sneaking suspicion, that when our tickets show back up (or we are allowed to relink them) they will have new expiration dates. Fingers crossed.

Last year there was an problem where I had tickets disappear. I had to call someone who gave me the actual ticket # associated with everything I had. I kept those numbers in case it were to happen again. They told me they can always pull up those numbers. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!