Do you remember if your pass had an expiration after renewal but before you used it?
I have always seen an expiration date on MDE.

Edited to add: that’s why I didn’t renew this year because the cycle wasn’t a good one for me, but that’s what you get when you renew.

I just upgraded our 7 day park hopper tickets (date based for Aug 31st this year) to Sorcerer Passes two days ago. I just paid the difference in the ticket vs pass prices which was a no brainer. Since my passes won't officially start until I use them at the park they currently have an expiration date of 2099. I would think once I scan into a park they will expire one year later from the date I scan in. I don't know how it works when you renew, but I think it works in a similar but maybe someone can confirm.
Your situation is not a renewal of AP. It’s getting a new AP by using tickets to offset some of the price. If you renew your AP next year, you will extend to same cycle you are on (no more waiting to activate it at that point. It just continues on for the following year.)

Your situation is not a renewal of AP. It’s getting a new AP by using tickets to offset some of the price. If you renew your AP next year, you will extend to same cycle you are on (no more waiting to activate it at that point. It just continues on for the following year.)
Does renewal come with a discount?

Anyone know it I would be able to upgrade the tickets that are purchased with the Chase Disney Visa free dining offer to annual passes after arrival? I know I have done this with offers in the past, wondering if it is still an option.

Yes, my understanding is once per day. However I don't have first-hand experience so hopefully someone else does...
The golf would probably make the money worth for the whole pass! lol

I already pay about 20 bucks for the local 9 hole. I could be going once of twice per week for sure

The golf would probably make the money worth for the whole pass! lol

I already pay about 20 bucks for the local 9 hole. I could be going once of twice per week for sure
I was wondering this myself, and also if there are any restrictions on using the water parks. I just asked on the website chat feature and was told that all benefits are "unlimited".

I mean, it's Disney chat so take it with a grain of salt, but I think I'm going to go ahead and add that feature to my AP purchase based on that answer.

I was wondering this myself, and also if there are any restrictions on using the water parks. I just asked on the website chat feature and was told that all benefits are "unlimited".

I mean, it's Disney chat so take it with a grain of salt, but I think I'm going to go ahead and add that feature to my AP purchase based on that answer.

I guess it can either way you get a single pass or you get a pass per day, hopefully the latter.

I guess it can either way you get a single pass or you get a pass per day, hopefully the latter.
Right, and it's still a decent deal if you use all of the things once. At first I was thinking that it didn't make sense for it to be unlimited at that price, but then I realized if we're on the golf course or in the water park we aren't in the theme parks, and that is probably a win for Disney.

You can absolutely go to a waterpark every day with the AP addon. Theme park in the morning, waterpark in the afternoon, and a different theme park at night is our plan.

My annual pass expires the day before I get to Disney. Some of us need tickets, so we need to include tickets in our room package. Can I use the ticket from the room package to renew my annual pass?
The group does no need to get a package, the others can buy tickets separate from the room reservation either from WDW directly or save a few $$ from an authorized reseller.
I know a regular ticket can be used to initially buy an AP, not sure about renewing with the discount.

Very basis question here. I just purchased tickets for myself and friend for our upcoming trip. I assigned the tickets to each of us in My Disney Experience. Are our tickets automatically on our Magic bands? Do I have to do anything else? It was almost "too" easy! We are not using our phones for entry.

Very basis question here. I just purchased tickets for myself and friend for our upcoming trip. I assigned the tickets to each of us in My Disney Experience. Are our tickets automatically on our Magic bands? Do I have to do anything else? It was almost "too" easy! We are not using our phones for entry.

If your magic bands are already linked to each person who has a ticket then yes. You can check this by going to your MDE and selecting Magic Bands & More. It will show which magic band(s) is active and linked to your account. Each person with an MDE can check as well. You can also check on via the website and see everyone in your group and which bands are assigned to who. It is always advisable that on the day of your check in you go over to the Lobby / GE team and have them check your magic bands to make sure everything is working correctly before headed to the parks. We did this last year and they found some issue that with my daugher’s band that wasnt linking to her ticket correctly. They fixed it right there instead of us finding out in line at the park and holding everyone up then having to walk and stand in line at GE to get it resolved.

If your magic bands are already linked to each person who has a ticket then yes. You can check this by going to your MDE and selecting Magic Bands & More. It will show which magic band(s) is active and linked to your account. Each person with an MDE can check as well. You can also check on via the website and see everyone in your group and which bands are assigned to who. It is always advisable that on the day of your check in you go over to the Lobby / GE team and have them check your magic bands to make sure everything is working correctly before headed to the parks. We did this last year and they found some issue that with my daugher’s band that wasnt linking to her ticket correctly. They fixed it right there instead of us finding out in line at the park and holding everyone up then having to walk and stand in line at GE to get it resolved.
Thank you! And great advise about checking the Magic bands, they are old !

Thank you! And great advise about checking the Magic bands, they are old !

We always have everyone make sure their bands unlock the door as soon as we arrive. And then we head to the hotel QS restaurant for lunch and each person uses their magic band to buy their own lunch/snack. That way we know that those 2 functions are working before we head to a park (and we don't waste time standing in an extra line if we don't have to). In our experience, if those 2 functions work, everything else has worked fine. If one of those things didn't work, we go to the front desk to have it taken care of before we head to a park. If you have Memory Maker, I don't know if there's any way to check if the long-range battery is working before actually going on a ride and waiting to see if the ride photo shows up in your account. We always have new magic bands, so it's never been an issue. I don't know if the front desk can tell you if the long range battery is still active in an old magic band or if you just have to find out by trying to use it.

I currently have a Sorcerer’s Pass that I renew every year in August. We are traveling during a blackout date on December so when I renew I am thinking about getting the Incredipass. Will I pay for a new Incredipass, or will I pay the renewal rate? Should I renew the Sorcerer’s pass and then upgrade to Incredipass later? I would appreciate any input!

I currently have a Sorcerer’s Pass that I renew every year in August. We are traveling during a blackout date on December so when I renew I am thinking about getting the Incredipass. Will I pay for a new Incredipass, or will I pay the renewal rate? Should I renew the Sorcerer’s pass and then upgrade to Incredipass later? I would appreciate any input!
During the renewal period, you can upgrade/downgrade to any level of annual pass that you are eligible for and you will retain the renewal savings.

Passholder Days have been announced

another magnet (Louis? Tiana?)
A discount on disneystore.com (formerly shopDisney)
A member lounge in an abandoned Morocco Restaurant

I guess this means no bonus dining discount or extra 10% off in the stores? What a shame....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter