Family of 4 visiting DW mid October and meeting up with 3 family members that live in FL. We all purchased tickets for MNSSHP and After hours AK plus 2 day park hopper passes. We are not staying at a Disney hotel. So I received hard cards for the MNSSHP and codes for the other tickets. Can I link all of the codes for the other tickets to the cards that came for MNSSHP? How do you do it? I have all of the codes in the my disney experience app but I really don't understand how to do it so that we don't have to show a different paper or pass every time we go to a park? I really don't understand this. I have everyone in our party on my disney exp app so I should be able to make fast pass reservations for all of us but I'm not sure if I have all the info I need for everyone in the party. Do you have to go to the ticketing office every time with each different ticket to verify who you are or just once the first time you visit?

Probably a stupid question but I just had a couple of tickets reassigned to me via My Disney Experience which we were able to upgrade due to help from Robo. We are going to the park in a couple off days so we don't have time to have the hard cards mailed. How would we use these tickets to access the parks? Thanks in advance.

Probably a stupid question but I just had a couple of tickets reassigned to me via My Disney Experience which we were able to upgrade due to help from Robo. We are going to the park in a couple off days so we don't have time to have the hard cards mailed.
How would we use these tickets to access the parks? Thanks in advance.

If you have any MagicBands that you used on previous trips, those will still work for park entrance and FP use
without needing to do anything in advance
(except see if those MBs are still listed as active in your MDX account.)

If you have no MBs, just go to any of the four park gates (on your way into that park for the day)
with your photo ID, and you will be issued free plastic tickets that can be used for the rest of the trip.

And, this is in no way a "stupid question."
It is one of THE most important questions about ticket use.

Last edited:
Family of 4 visiting DW mid October and meeting up with 3 family members that live in FL. We all purchased tickets for MNSSHP and After hours AK plus 2 day park hopper passes. We are not staying at a Disney hotel. So I received hard cards for the MNSSHP and codes for the other tickets.
1. Can I link all of the codes for the other tickets to the cards that came for MNSSHP? How do you do it?
2. I have all of the codes in the my disney experience app but I really don't understand how to do it so that we don't have to show a different paper or pass every time we go to a park? I really don't understand this. I have everyone in our party on my disney exp app so I should be able to make fast pass reservations for all of us but I'm not sure if I have all the info I need for everyone in the party. Do you have to go to the ticketing office every time with each different ticket to verify who you are or just once the first time you visit?
1. You can.
2.If you have any MagicBands that you used on previous trips, those will still work for park entrance and FP use
without needing to do anything in advance
(except you should check if those MBs are still listed as active in your MDX account.)

If no MBs, the person can use the same plastic ticket that is for MNSSHP for all other ticket and FP purposes.
The computer will automatically know which ticket to use at which entrance.

Just bought 2 day mid-day magic tickets. Great for arrival day, but is it possible to convert/upgrade the second day to an all day ticket? Like once we are in the park that first day, can I change the second day at guest services?

Just bought 2 day mid-day magic tickets. Great for arrival day, but is it possible to convert/upgrade the second day to an all day ticket? Like once we are in the park that first day, can I change the second day at guest services?
Maybe.
I don't know the rules of Mid-Day Magic tickets.
If you CAN upgrade, figure that it would be the difference price between a 2-day Mid-Day Magic ticket and the price of a 2-day "regular" Theme Park ticket.

Above is my speculation based on experience with other upgrade procedures.

AND... by the way, if what I described is correct, it would fully wipe out any "savings" that you got by buying the Mid-Day Magic tickets in the first place.

Last edited:
Maybe.
I don't know the rules of Mid-Day Magic tickets.
If you CAN upgrade, figure that it would be the difference price between a 2-day Mid-Day Magic ticket and the price of a 2-day "regular" Theme Park ticket.

Above is my speculation based on experience with other upgrade procedures.

AND... by the way, if what I described is correct, it would fully wipe out any "savings" that you got by buying the Mid-Day Magic tickets in the first place.
Thanks for the quick answer!
That is my fear, that the price difference will make me wish I had bought the full 2 days to begin with, and I certainly have time to call and make that upgrade.
Although they advertise the Mid-Day Mgic tix using a "per day" pricing. Maybe as time goes on there will be someone who has tried to upgrade.

That is my fear, that the price difference will make me wish I had bought the full 2 days to begin with, and I certainly have time to call and make that upgrade.
1. Although they advertise the Mid-Day Mgic tix using a "per day" pricing.
2. Maybe as time goes on there will be someone who has tried to upgrade.
1. The "per day" pricing is meaningless.
It is not conducive to "apples-to-apples" comparisons, as different kinds of tickets affect
what kind of "experiences" and "values" guests can actually receive.

2. My speculation (based on over a decade of observing ticket procedures and discussions with on-the-ground WDW ticket CMs) is...
The procedure of WDW ticket upgrading is to create a situation as though the guest had purchased the upgraded ticket type "from the beginning."
That would mean that the upgraded 2-day ticket would cost the price of, well, a regular 2-day ticket (since THAT would be the type of ticket to which you are upgrading.)

Last edited:
Is "bridging to gate" still a thing?

I bought several 5 day (expires within 14 days) hoppers from UT back in 2013, under the old plan of bridging to current gate value and applying that amount to an AP. I have no idea what I paid for them at this point. So I took one to IG last night and the CM said I paid/would get credit for $295.

I know a new 5 day anytime hopper goes for close to $600. I could have paid $295 - I have no idea. Am I locked into only getting credit for the 2013 amount I paid like the CM found?

Thanks

Question about a CM comp ticket (the actual ticket-- not getting in with the CMs pass with them present). I know they are good for WDW or DL.
Current situation: the 1 day ticket is linked to my sister, who is going to WDW with me later this year.
However, my niece is going to DL this fall, and I'd rather give her that ticket (can get a convention ticket for my sister). Can I somehow move the so far unused ticket to my niece, but I guess she needs a DL app, since MDE doesn't really cover DL, right?
DH and I don't go to DL except once every 10 years or so... very much out of the loop on their system.

Although they advertise the Mid-Day Mgic tix using a "per day" pricing. Maybe as time goes on there will be someone who has tried to upgrade.

I would fully expect that they will charge you the price between your ticket and a regular park ticket of the same length - that is the standard policy when upgrading regular tickets to park hoppers, they will not prorate to allow you to upgrade only a portion of your days. Essentially, your ticket is a SINGLE entity, with a value based on a varying number of days (so you don't have a ticket for x day and a separate ticket for y day). Upgrades happen on the whole ticket and the days can't be separated.

The "per day" pricing is tricky wording, but I believe it's just referencing the same price calendar they are using for regular tickets - prices can fluctuate depending on the day with the new date based ticket structure regardless of whether you are buying a full or partial day ticket media.

Is "bridging to gate" still a thing?

I bought several 5 day (expires within 14 days) hoppers from UT back in 2013, under the old plan of bridging to current gate value and applying that amount to an AP.
1. I have no idea what I paid for them at this point.
2. So I took one to IG last night and the CM said I paid/would get credit for $295.

3. I know a new 5 day anytime hopper goes for close to $600. I could have paid $295 - I have no idea.
4. Am I locked into only getting credit for the 2013 amount I paid like the CM found?

Thanks
1. What YOU actually PAID for the discounted ticket does not figure into the cost of upgrading.
2. The value assigned for a ticket in the upgrade process is based on the date on which your older ticket was minted/sold by Disney to the authorized ticket discounter.
3. It does not matter what a CURRENT ticket costs in regarding YOUR older ticket's assessed upgrade value.
(That DOES figure into the final cost of the upgrade... just not in the amount your older ticket is worth.)
4. Only if the CM was correct in assessing the "value."
You can check that for yourself, as I have laid out a set of rules and conditions regarding how much you should expect to get in value in ticket upgrades.
It is fully based on the date on which your older ticket was minted/sold by Disney to the authorized ticket discounter.

These rules, and how to compute the final cost of the upgrade, can be found in Post #6 of the thread on which we are now posting.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I bought several 5 day (expires within 14 days) hoppers from UT back in 2013...
I took one to IG last night and the CM said I paid/would get credit for $295.
I just checked the Post #6 rules and your 2013 5-day Hopper should be worth $435.59 in an upgrade transaction.

Last edited:
I would fully expect that they will charge you the price between your ticket and a regular park ticket of the same length - that is the standard policy when upgrading regular tickets to park hoppers, they will not prorate to allow you to upgrade only a portion of your days. Essentially, your ticket is a SINGLE entity, with a value based on a varying number of days (so you don't have a ticket for x day and a separate ticket for y day). Upgrades happen on the whole ticket and the days can't be separated.

The "per day" pricing is tricky wording, but I believe it's just referencing the same price calendar they are using for regular tickets - prices can fluctuate depending on the day with the new date based ticket structure regardless of whether you are buying a full or partial day ticket media.

It totally makes sense that they the upgrade would encompass all the days that were purchased. Just wishful thinking on my part to think it would work any other way. Lol.
I bought the mid-day tickets because I am sneaking a little Disney into a Universal trip. The noon entry is perfect for arrival day and so I booked at Disney hotel, planning to check-out the next day and move to Universal..coming back a couple days later to use the second day of mid-day ticket. BUT then I saw EMH for the following day and I started wondering if, since we are on-site, we should take advantage of that. But if we enter the park at 8 am, I still don't think we would spend an entire day. I don't want to check into Universal late at night...so I will stick with my original plan.

I bought several 5 day (expires within 14 days) hoppers from UT back in 2013...
I took one to IG last night and the CM said I paid/would get credit for $295.
I just checked the Post #6 rules and your 2013 5-day Hopper should be worth $435.59 in an upgrade transaction.

AND:
It it quite possible that YOU can do the upgrade to AP yourself, right from your MDX account.
That application should offer you the correct upgrade value and price.

I’m coming to the experts because I think some information I read in a FB group is incorrect... Can you upgrade regular tickets to a Gold AP if you’ve used the ticket during a blackout date? For example, can you purchase tickets for Christmas week and then upgrade that ticket at the end of your trip (on 1/3, which is not a blackout date) to a Gold AP? I thought that you could, but I’m reading that you can only upgrade to a Platinum Pass if the ticket has been used during a blackout date. What is the policy?

Hi everyone, just have a few ticket related questions. I hope this is the right place for them. Please let me know if not.

1. I was reading the 'Walt Disney World Date Based Ticket System' thread and just want to be clear. If we purchase a 5 day ticket and our first day in the parks is say Dec 11, we don't have to select Dec 11 when purchasing our tickets, correct? If say December 10 or 9th is cheaper, we could go with one of those as long as our entire trip still fits in the ticket window, it that okay?

2. In the case mentioned above, would our fast passes be 60 days before Dec 11 in this case or Dec 9th? And then our fast passes would only allow us to book for 5 days in the 8 days window or could we mistakenly book all 8 (even though, I agree, why would we want to).

3. If we get the 'one park per day' ticket, could we use the Christmas Party ticket as a version of a park hopper? Meaning could we use our 'one park per day' ticket to get into say Animal Kingdom and then go over to Magic Kingdom after 4 on the Christmas Party ticket?

4. Lastly, does anyone have an idea of why Animal Kingdom closes at 6:00pm on December 11th but every other day around that 8:00pm (sorry, we are looking at going Dec 11 - 15 or so)?

Thanks,
Brian

I’m coming to the experts because I think some information I read in a FB group is incorrect...
1. Can you upgrade regular tickets to a Gold AP if you’ve used the ticket during a blackout date? For example,
2. can you purchase tickets for Christmas week and then upgrade that ticket at the end of your trip (on 1/3, which is not a blackout date) to a Gold AP?
3. I thought that you could,
4. but I’m reading that you can only upgrade to a Platinum Pass if the ticket has been used during a blackout date.
5. What is the policy?
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. You thought right.
4. Stop reading that. ;)
5. See 1, 2 & 3.

Hi everyone, just have a few ticket related questions. I hope this is the right place for them. Please let me know if not.

1. I was reading the 'Walt Disney World Date Based Ticket System' thread and just want to be clear. If we purchase a 5 day ticket and
1A. our first day in the parks is say Dec 11, we don't have to select Dec 11 when purchasing our tickets, correct?
1B. If say December 10 or 9th is cheaper, we could go with one of those as long as our entire trip still fits in the ticket window, it that okay?

2A. In the case mentioned above, would our fast passes be 60 days before Dec 11 in this case or Dec 9th?
2B. And then our fast passes would only allow us to book for 5 days in the 8 days window
2C. or could we mistakenly book all 8 (even though, I agree, why would we want to).

3A. If we get the 'one park per day' ticket, could we use the Christmas Party ticket as a version of a park hopper?
3B. Meaning could we use our 'one park per day' ticket to get into say Animal Kingdom and then go over to Magic Kingdom after 4 on the Christmas Party ticket?

4. Lastly, does anyone have an idea of why Animal Kingdom closes at 6:00pm on December 11th but every other day around that 8:00pm (sorry, we are looking at going Dec 11 - 15 or so)?
1A. Correct.
1B. That's OK.

2A. The FP booking date is based on your CHECK-IN date.
2B. As long as you have valid tickets for the check-in date (and/or beyond) you can start booking for 5 days during that ticket's valid dates.
2C. You would not have 8 days worth of valid tickets, so, no.

3A. Yes.
3B. Yes.

4. Could be for a special private event. Common around the holidays.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter