1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. You thought right.
4. Stop reading that. ;)
5. See 1, 2 & 3.
One follow-up question... If the last day of your trip is on a blackout day could you upgrade your ticket to a Gold AP on your way out of the park, or no can do?

One follow-up question... If the last day of your trip is on a blackout day could you upgrade your ticket to a Gold AP on your way out of the park, or no can do?
I don't know.
It might even depend on the CM you encounter.

Hi everybody, does anyone have any information on discounted tickets for travel agents and whether they can be upgraded to an AP? These would be usable only by the agent. I've tried searching this thread and others and haven't been able to find anything. Thanks!

Hi Everyone-
Looking to purchase a FL AP-silver online. I do not have the needed information to verify residency online, but would like to link the AP to my online account to see rates/book FP before going in 2020. Is this possible? Or do I need to verify residency first?

We are going down for one day for MNSSHP on 10/31. If necessary I can verify residency at that point, but will not have DH with me for his verification. We would NOT be using the AP for the 10/31 visit.

TIA for any information.

A few years ago, I purchased 10 day MYW tickets for use during XMas Break, then upgraded to an AP Gold pass (not valid during XMas Break) at the end of the trip. I upgraded on January 4th, which was not a blackout date.

If the last day of my trip is on a blackout day, is it still possible to upgrade (I would upgrade before leaving the park on the last day)?

A few years ago, I purchased 10 day MYW tickets for use during XMas Break, then upgraded to an AP Gold pass (not valid during XMas Break) at the end of the trip. I upgraded on January 4th, which was not a blackout date.

If the last day of my trip is on a blackout day, is it still possible to upgrade (I would upgrade before leaving the park on the last day)?

Scroll back up this page by 5 posts (to Post #8,063) for my answer today to this question (such as it is.)

Thanks Robo - I read the first 6 posts of the thread but not the latest ones :)
It can be such an odd coincidence for similar (very rare and seldom-asked) questions to just happen to pop up so close together.

The true definition of "random." ;)

Hi Everyone-
Looking to purchase a FL AP-silver online. I do not have the needed information to verify residency online, but would like to link the AP to my online account to see rates/book FP before going in 2020. Is this possible? Or do I need to verify residency first?

We are going down for one day for MNSSHP on 10/31. If necessary I can verify residency at that point, but will not have DH with me for his verification. We would NOT be using the AP for the 10/31 visit.

TIA for any information.

You don't have to have the AP already to find out about AP rates, you can call Disney and ask for them. You can book the room at AP rates ahead of time, you would just be required to show an active AP at check-in to be charged the AP rate. You *would* need to prove residency in order to activate the AP, which would allow you to book FP.

I feel like an idiot for even asking this and I'm 99% sure the answer is yes but...if I have regular PH tickets, can I wait until the morning (or night before) I want to go to a water park to upgrade them to PH & More?

I feel like an idiot for even asking this and I'm 99% sure the answer is yes but...if I have regular PH tickets, can I wait until the morning (or night before) I want to go to a water park to upgrade them to PH & More?
Yes. You can even do so right outside the water park, then go inside.

Thank you! We only need the upgrade for 1 day and if it rains on that day it'll be a waste of money by upgrading before our trip. Thanks so much.

Definitely makes sense to wait to upgrade until you know you are going to use the added benefits.

Just FYI (because of the way you worded your response) - you cannot just upgrade one day of a multi-day ticket, the price you will pay will be for the upgrade of whatever ticket you have (3-day, 4-day, etc) in full, even if you have used any number of days on your ticket. They won't prorate or anything. You may already know this but the wording of your post might cause a wee bit of confusion :)

1. What YOU actually PAID for the discounted ticket does not figure into the cost of upgrading.
2. The value assigned for a ticket in the upgrade process is based on the date on which your older ticket was minted/sold by Disney to the authorized ticket discounter.
3. It does not matter what a CURRENT ticket costs in regarding YOUR older ticket's assessed upgrade value.
(That DOES figure into the final cost of the upgrade... just not in the amount your older ticket is worth.)
4. Only if the CM was correct in assessing the "value."
You can check that for yourself, as I have laid out a set of rules and conditions regarding how much you should expect to get in value in ticket upgrades.
It is fully based on the date on which your older ticket was minted/sold by Disney to the authorized ticket discounter.

These rules, and how to compute the final cost of the upgrade, can be found in Post #6 of the thread on which we are now posting.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just checked the Post #6 rules and your 2013 5-day Hopper should be worth $435.59 in an upgrade transaction.

I'm 0-3 with CMs at Epcot on giving me the $435.59 value. I tried at IG, GR in the park, and GR outside the front. 2 of them said $295 - what I paid, one specifically said they couldn't bridge the value to gate. The other said I couldn't use the ticket at all towards an AP renewal.

Any further tips on proper language to use when asking? I'll try a couple other GR spots - I had a good experience with DS spot a few years ago when I went through a bunch of old Plus options that were left on passes.

I'm 0-3 with CMs at Epcot on giving me the $435.59 value. I tried at IG, GR in the park, and GR outside the front. 2 of them said $295 - what I paid, one specifically said they couldn't bridge the value to gate. The other said I couldn't use the ticket at all towards an AP renewal.

Any further tips on proper language to use when asking? I'll try a couple other GR spots - I had a good experience with DS spot a few years ago when I went through a bunch of old Plus options that were left on passes.
Just keep trying.
There is no place, in particular, that can offer more experienced CMs, as the compliment of
staffers can change... even during the course of a given day.
Ask to speak with a supervisor if the front-line CM doesn't seem to know the procedure.
It might possibly help if you offer the procedure I outline in Post #6 of this thread.

BTW, Disney staff have no way of knowing what YOU paid for the discounted ticket.
(All they have is a list of what UT paid for the ticket, which is much LESS than what YOU paid for it.)

There have been many posters here on the DIS who HAVE been successful getting the proper
help at a WDW Guest Relations... at any number of locations.
Please keep us posted.

Last edited:
Just keep trying.
There is no place, in particular, that can offer more experienced CMs, as the compliment of
staffers can change... even during the course of a given day.
Ask to speak with a supervisor if the front-line CM doesn't seem to know the procedure.
It might possibly help if you offer the procedure I outline in Post #6 of this thread.

BTW, Disney staff have no way of knowing what YOU paid for the discounted ticket.
(All they have is a list of what UT paid for the ticket, which is much LESS than what YOU paid for it.)

There have been many posters here on the DIS who HAVE been successful getting the proper
help at a WDW Guest Relations... at any number of locations.
Please keep us posted.

I wonder if I'm asking the wrong way/using the wrong language. I understand the "minted" concept that Disney has on record - that's probably the record 2 of the CMs have shown me on their screen with the 2013 $295 price. Since post 6 mentions different ticket creation dates and lumps everything pre-Feb 2017, what is magical about 2/12/17 vs 2/11/18 vs 10/16/18 (I assume these were price increases). If Disney has price history for these dates, why couldn't they have data points further back than 2/2/17 - like to 2013 when I purchased my passes?

I wonder if I'm asking the wrong way/using the wrong language. I understand the "minted" concept that Disney has on record - that's probably the record 2 of the CMs have shown me on their screen with the 2013 $295 price. Since post 6 mentions different ticket creation dates and lumps everything pre-Feb 2017, what is magical about 2/12/17 vs 2/11/18 vs 10/16/18 (I assume these were price increases). If Disney has price history for these dates, why couldn't they have data points further back than 2/2/17 - like to 2013 when I purchased my passes?
YOU are not doing anything wrong.
And, do not worry about trying to figure why "X date" and an earlier than "Y date" mean something or other.
It has to do with how Disney has determined to deal with thousands of "old" tickets which guests can (and do) use and/or upgrade.

The CMs with whom you have been dealing are untrained and/or unaware, so they are giving you incorrect info.

I can't tell you how many times over the years on this board that other guests have been given WRONG info... from CMs who SWEAR that THEY are right... even though those CMs have been completely wrong.
(Ultimately, correctly-informed Disney CMs have stepped in to do the correct thing for the guests.)

I see the problem of bad ticketing procedures comes from the nature of so many isolated CMs (dozens of them, who come and go in their positions) who have created their own way of dealing with guests and "saving Disney money" by making up their own rules and insisting that guests follow them.
I can't imagine the untold number of guests who do not have prior knowledge of proper procedures who have been, in effect, "cheated" out of hundreds of dollars with improper procedures from meeting up with the "wrong" CM(s.)
Very disconcerting.

2 of the CMs have shown me on their screen with the 2013 $295 price.

As I mentioned earlier, THAT price is what the ticket discounter paid Disney for the ticket at wholesale prices.

After that, the ticket discounter decided what to charge GUESTS for that ticket.
Charging the amount HIGHER than what Disney charged them is, of course, how the discounter makes a "profit" to stay in business.

And, Disney has no record (on their computer system, or otherwise) what YOU as a guest paid the discounter for the ticket.
THAT is the reason that Disney uses "Price Bridging" to make YOUR ticket worth the same amount as Disney would have charged
on (or about) the date that you bought your discounted ticket.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!