Hi everybody, does anyone have any information on discounted tickets for travel agents and whether they can be upgraded to an AP? These would be usable only by the agent. I've tried searching this thread and others and haven't been able to find anything. Thanks!
Anyone with information on these tickets and if they can be upgraded? I realize they're less common so perhaps not?

...specifically said they couldn't bridge the value to gate. ...

Any further tips on proper language to use when asking? ...

One thought... you are not trying to "bridge to gate" so leave that out of the conversation. "Gate" is what they charge, today, if you walk up without a ticket. Your ticket will not have that value.

I suggest a simple request of "how much to upgrade this ticket to X?" (I think you want an AP but I didn't go back that far). And know the difference between the current price of the new ticket you want and the $435.59 value of the old ticket. Then if they quote something more, say "oh, that's not what I expected" and walk away. Then try again later with another CM.

While I suspect there are still quite a few older tickets in people's pockets (houses, safe deposit boxes, wherever), as time marches forward there are fewer and fewer of them turned in for upgrade on any kind of regular basis, making this a more unusual transaction. It will likely just get harder to find a CM well-versed in upgrading such old tickets in the future.

Enjoy your vacation!

I bought several 5 day (expires within 14 days) hoppers from UT back in 2013... applying that amount to an AP.
Let's go WAY BACK to your initial desire to upgrade your current ticket to an AP.

Have you actually tried to do this upgrade from INSIDE your own MyDisneyExperience account.
Have you looked at any of the upgrading options that should be available to you in MDX?

What is the price listed there for upgrading your current older ticket to AP?

Friends are going to WDW for their first trip and have vouchers for their military salute tickets which they need to exchange at Guest Relations. Their first park visit wll be at MK next week for the 7:00am EEMH. Will Guest Relations be open before 7:00am or should they plan to go over the day before to exchange their vouchers? Thank you.

Friends are going to WDW for their first trip and have vouchers for their military salute tickets which they need to exchange at Guest Relations. Their first park visit wll be at MK next week for the 7:00am EEMH.
1. Will Guest Relations be open before 7:00am
2. or should they plan to go over the day before to exchange their vouchers? Thank you.

1. Yes. About 6:30AM.
2. They could do that, just to save some EARLY morning time.

Any ideas how much it will cost to upgrade 4 day park hopper ticket from a package for week of November 17th-23rd to a platinum pass?

Any ideas how much it will cost to upgrade 4 day park hopper ticket from a package for week of November 17th-23rd to a platinum pass?
Yes.
Go to Post #6 in the thread on which we are now posting and the math is laid out for you.

Start with the full price (with tax) of the Platinum AP.
Then subtract the full on-line Disney price (with tax) of the 4 day park hopper ticket**.

The resulting number will be the cost (with tax) to upgrade to the AP.

--------------------------
**You will be given the full on-line Disney price for package tickets.

Since I am considered the Disney expert at my house of worship, someone approached me today with 5 old paper tickets.
Four were the standard old paper tickets, with 4 parks one visit each. On the back was printed that they are complimentary "K Tickets" with a 1998 date.
So of course the question is for the experts out there: Are these still valid?
By the way, the fifth ticket was one I have never seen before. It is rectangular, printed in a vertical format, and had dates it was valid rubber stamped on the back.
Thanks.

I bought 5 day hopper ticket for a start date of October 6th, 2019 and assigned it to my DD 23. We decided it makes sense to now try the mid day ticket. I know I can change the start date for this, but can I also change and assign it to a friend of mine who is coming with me in June, 2020?

It says the ticket is non-transferable, but that could be because my DD has her own MDE account? I just want to be sure before I do all this, that it will indeed be able to be used at another time, by another person.

I bought 5 day hopper ticket for a start date of October 6th, 2019 and assigned it to my DD 23. We decided it makes sense to now try the mid day ticket. I know I can change the start date for this, but
1. can I also change and assign it to a friend of mine who is coming with me in June, 2020?

2. It says the ticket is non-transferable,
3. but that could be because my DD has her own MDE account?
4. I just want to be sure before I do all this, that it will indeed be able to be used at another time, by another person.
1. Yes. A new, never-used ticket can be re-assigned to another guest.
2. That is only after it is first used.
3. Nothing to worry about.
4. Yes. The person to whom you want to transfer the ticket needs to be a member of (or join with as a "friend or family")
the MDX account of the person who currently is assigned the ticket in question.

1. Yes. A new, never-used ticket can be re-assigned to another guest.
2. That is only after it is first used.
3. Nothing to worry about.
4. Yes. The person to whom you want to transfer the ticket needs to be a member of (or join with as a "friend or family")
the MDX account of the person who currently is assigned the ticket in question.

Thank you. It is definitely a new ticket but won’t let us reassign. I’ll just take care of it when we go! It allows me to only change the start date.

EDITED TO ADD: I was able to reassign when we logged in on the computer vs. my Ipad! So, we are all set! I reassigned it to me and will upgrade to my new Gold DVC AP when I get there!!

Last edited:
Since I am considered the Disney expert at my house of worship, someone approached me today with 5 old paper tickets.
Four were the standard old paper tickets,
1. with 4 parks one visit each.
2. On the back was printed that they are complimentary "K Tickets" with a 1998 date.
So of course the question is for the experts out there:
3. Are these still valid?
By the way,
4. the fifth ticket was one I have never seen before. It is rectangular, printed in a vertical format, and had dates it was valid rubber stamped on the back.
Thanks.
1. That means that DAK had opened (or was poised to open) by the time these tickets were issued.
2. So, "comp" tickets. (I don't know what the "K" means.)
Regardless, there can be special rules (and/or expiration dates) for comp tickets.
THEREFORE:
3. Sorry, but I have no idea.

4. Could it be something like the ones below?

438333 .......... 438334 ......... 438335

(Images from www.allears.net)

EDITED TO ADD: I was able to reassign when we logged in on the computer vs. my Ipad! So, we are all set! I reassigned it to me and will upgrade to my new Gold DVC AP when I get there!!
VERY nice!

Have a great trip!

1. That means that DAK had opened (or was poised to open) by the time these tickets were issued.
2. So, "comp" tickets. (I don't know what the "K" means.)
Regardless, there can be special rules (and/or expiration dates) for comp tickets.
THEREFORE:
3. Sorry, but I have no idea.

4. Could it be something like the ones below?

View attachment 438333 .......... View attachment 438334 ......... View attachment 438335

(Images from www.allears.net)
Nope. The tickets were horizontal. The "4 day" you show is kind of like the other ticket he had, but the rubber stamping is on the back. I'm not concerned about that one, as it would seem to be expired.

The "4 day" you show is kind of like the other ticket he had, but the rubber stamping is on the back. I'm not concerned about that one, as it would seem to be expired.
You are assuming it is expired because there are 4 different dates rubber stamped on that one?
(If so, that would seem to be a safe bet.)

You are assuming it is expired because there are 4 different dates rubber stamped on that one?
(If so, that would seem to be a safe bet.)
The rubber stamped dates are the dates the ticket was good for. Long gone. But his other tickets, a different form of ticket--the standard old paper ticket--have no expiration date, of course, being from so long ago.

So here's my dilemma. We already have Silver APs that aren't due to expire till March 2020. BUT the grandparents are planning a Christmas WDW visit with us and they already purchased 3 day PH tickets for the family. Which is great cuz we get to go during the block out!

BUT can we upgrade or bridge these tickets to go towards our AP renewal in March?
We'd be going more than 60 days before the expiration date so I'm not sure if that's even possible to sort of "credit" this towards our renewal that far in advance?

The rubber stamped dates are the dates the ticket was good for. Long gone. But his other tickets, a different form of ticket--the standard old paper ticket--have no expiration date, of course, being from so long ago.
Most tickets of that age did not have expiration dates.
There were "length of stay" tickets at some point, and a few other tickets that were for "specific dates" but those tickets were very specifically purchased that way.

OTOH, in most cases of an older ticket, if a ticket was a "4-day ticket" it was (and remained) valid until all 4 days had/have been used.
(Including up through today and beyond.)
But, without knowing exactly what kind of ticket you are discussing, we just don't know.
Disney call tell you.
(In some cases, they need to see a scan of that ticket, emailed to WDW ticketing department.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!