TICKETS & How to Upgrade-with Prices

Founders Fan

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody, does anyone have any information on discounted tickets for travel agents and whether they can be upgraded to an AP? These would be usable only by the agent. I've tried searching this thread and others and haven't been able to find anything. Thanks!
Anyone with information on these tickets and if they can be upgraded? I realize they're less common so perhaps not?

lanejudy

...specifically said they couldn't bridge the value to gate. ...

Any further tips on proper language to use when asking? ...
One thought... you are not trying to "bridge to gate" so leave that out of the conversation. "Gate" is what they charge, today, if you walk up without a ticket. Your ticket will not have that value.

I suggest a simple request of "how much to upgrade this ticket to X?" (I think you want an AP but I didn't go back that far). And know the difference between the current price of the new ticket you want and the $435.59 value of the old ticket. Then if they quote something more, say "oh, that's not what I expected" and walk away. Then try again later with another CM.

While I suspect there are still quite a few older tickets in people's pockets (houses, safe deposit boxes, wherever), as time marches forward there are fewer and fewer of them turned in for upgrade on any kind of regular basis, making this a more unusual transaction. It will likely just get harder to find a CM well-versed in upgrading such old tickets in the future.

Enjoy your vacation!

Robo

1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!
I bought several 5 day (expires within 14 days) hoppers from UT back in 2013... applying that amount to an AP.
Let's go WAY BACK to your initial desire to upgrade your current ticket to an AP.

Have you actually tried to do this upgrade from INSIDE your own MyDisneyExperience account.
Have you looked at any of the upgrading options that should be available to you in MDX?

What is the price listed there for upgrading your current older ticket to AP?

• Princess Michele

Mouseketeer
    Friends are going to WDW for their first trip and have vouchers for their military salute tickets which they need to exchange at Guest Relations. Their first park visit wll be at MK next week for the 7:00am EEMH. Will Guest Relations be open before 7:00am or should they plan to go over the day before to exchange their vouchers? Thank you.

Robo

Friends are going to WDW for their first trip and have vouchers for their military salute tickets which they need to exchange at Guest Relations. Their first park visit wll be at MK next week for the 7:00am EEMH.
    1. Will Guest Relations be open before 7:00am
    2. or should they plan to go over the day before to exchange their vouchers? Thank you.
    1. Yes. About 6:30AM.
    2. They could do that, just to save some EARLY morning time.

disneydude365

In dreams you will lose your heartaches
    Any ideas how much it will cost to upgrade 4 day park hopper ticket from a package for week of November 17th-23rd to a platinum pass?

• Robo

Any ideas how much it will cost to upgrade 4 day park hopper ticket from a package for week of November 17th-23rd to a platinum pass?
    Yes.
    Go to Post #6 in the thread on which we are now posting and the math is laid out for you.

Start with the full price (with tax) of the Platinum AP.
    Then subtract the full on-line Disney price (with tax) of the 4 day park hopper ticket**.

The resulting number will be the cost (with tax) to upgrade to the AP.

--------------------------
    **You will be given the full on-line Disney price for package tickets.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

THEME PARK MAPS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    Disney World Rehabs and Closings Disney World Restaurant Menus

DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS