TICKETS + How to UPGRADE

Mambo Junkie

DIS Veteran
How are you able to view expiration dates? I've been all over my MDE and can't find anyway to show expiration days of our tickets.

TIA!
Go into your MDE and underneath my plans you see a title My Plans, Reservations and Tickets. On the left is Daily Itinerary and Tickets and Memory Maker. Click on the Tickets and MM link and your tickets are there. Ours have been separated to each individual person as we no longer have plans together so I can only see mine and those minors I plan for.

lanejudy

@Muhlenberg short answer: it's my understanding that all tickets will be extended to Sept. 26, 2021. I recommend you simply wait a week or so for things to settle down.

Longer answer: the initial date extension was only through 12/15/2020, with the option to upgrade if you could not use the tickets before that date. So until last night's info about extending through 9/26/2021, needing to upgrade your party's tickets for use 12/26-1/2 would be correct. However, with the new extension, you shouldn't actually need to change the date as long as the extension updates automatically. The only concern might be you indicated yours is a regular ticket and everyone else in the party has a 4-park-magic ticket. Is that how you originally purchased the tickets, or did something get mixed up with your first switch to June dates?

LCoulter

Whoah Mouse
We have an October 2020 trip planned that we are thinking of canceling and rebooking in October or November 2021. We purchased separate tickets through undercover with our October 2020 dates. Am I reading above post correctly and we will need to rebook for September 2021?

• Rosanne

DIS Veteran
    Go into your MDE and underneath my plans you see a title My Plans, Reservations and Tickets. On the left is Daily Itinerary and Tickets and Memory Maker. Click on the Tickets and MM link and your tickets are there. Ours have been separated to each individual person as we no longer have plans together so I can only see mine and those minors I plan for.
    Thank you so much for replying. I have been able to find them. They just don't say anything about expiration dates. We were on a band/choir trip right when the closure started and were told they were good until 12/15/20. I even feel like at some point I could see that in MDE. Now they are there but don't say anything and my other daughter's AP (which was going to expire April 13) doesn't appear at all.
    We currently have reservations for July 1-5 because we didn't know when Disney would reopen so were trying not to miss my daughter's extended AP window.
    In terms of the new reservation system we might have a rebooking opportunity at some point but my DD's AP exists but isn't showing I wonder if she counts in the AP category or not.

Maybe our tickets aren't showing dates because they are re-determining dates.

Thanks again for taking the time!

Muhlenberg

DIS Veteran
    @Muhlenberg short answer: it's my understanding that all tickets will be extended to Sept. 26, 2021. I recommend you simply wait a week or so for things to settle down.

Longer answer: the initial date extension was only through 12/15/2020, with the option to upgrade if you could not use the tickets before that date. So until last night's info about extending through 9/26/2021, needing to upgrade your party's tickets for use 12/26-1/2 would be correct. However, with the new extension, you shouldn't actually need to change the date as long as the extension updates automatically. The only concern might be you indicated yours is a regular ticket and everyone else in the party has a 4-park-magic ticket. Is that how you originally purchased the tickets, or did something get mixed up with your first switch to June dates?
    I had initially bought a 6-day for me, a 3-day for my husband, and the rest were the magic tickets. I had to cancel a different reservation last year and rent out my points, so those two tickets got moved to this year. The only thing that got messed up was the usable dates on my ticket.

That's when I found that it's possible to be changing the dates on a ticket AT THE SAME TIME that Disney is making the date extension, because that's what happened to my ticket. Anyway, Disney fixed that.

I did not see the 9/26/21 thing until I read your reply. Meanwhile, I called Disney, and the CM assured me that everything is on pause right now, and once it's off the pause, I will be able to change the date.

Here's hoping! After the LAST experience with me changing dates, I thought I'd wait, and then saw the announcement of possibly not even getting into a park if you have NEWLY purchased tickets. Mine aren't new, but they are unused and I wanted to be assured we could use them for our December trip.

lanejudy

Mine aren't new, but they are unused and I wanted to be assured we could use them for our December trip
    A "used" ticket would not be valid for park entry with only a few odd exceptions because it expires. Ticket sales have been suspended at the moment; you have valid unused tickets previously purchased before this very current situation. In this instance "Newly Purchased" means tickets that people will be able to buy going forward once WDW starts selling tickets again.

Muhlenberg

DIS Veteran
    And continuing with my "knack" of calling/changing/emailing WHILE Disney is doing the same thing to my tickets, I got an email from Disney while I was talking to them.

In part...

However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests. There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We’ll be contacting you soon with details on this new Theme Park reservation system as well as the process of re-booking dining and other experiences—now available 60 days prior to arrival to allow for planning closer to your visit.

Problem solved! (Or, in this case, thankfully a NON-problem.)

Hello, Could someone answer a question for me please.
    I bought 2x UK 14 day Ultimates in February.
    I haven't linked them to our MDE accounts yet in case we can't go and our October reservation at AKL doesn't happen, I was thinking I could pass them on to someone else if they were 'floating' so to speak.
    My question is:
    Does this mean that we'll be considered non ticketed so ineligible for Park entrance, dining and ride reservations?
    Should I link them now?
    Thanks in advance for any help :)

MIChessGuy

Proud, But Not a Redhead
    I noticed the 9/26/21 updated expiration date on my August 6-day PH. So if I show up this August and do, say, three days of theme park visits, I could come back in August 2021 and do three more days?

Robo

1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!
    I noticed the 9/26/21 updated expiration date on my August 6-day PH. So if I show up this August and do, say, three days of theme park visits, I could come back in August 2021 and do three more days?
    A ticket begins to expire once it has begun being used.
    It only "lasts" for a few days before any remaining (even unused) days expire.

A 6-Day Base or Hopper Ticket is valid for 6 days within 9 days beginning on the start date (within 10 days with PH Plus.)

siren0119

DIS Veteran
    There hasn't been anything I've seen that indicates multi day tickets are treated like non-expiring tickets. Tickets would still have a "clock" attached to them with a limited use period once you enter the park for the first time. if you have 6 day park hoppers, they are valid for 9 days from the first day.

• Robo

Hello, Could someone answer a question for me please.
    I bought 2x UK 14 day Ultimates in February.
    I haven't linked them to our MDE accounts yet in case we can't go and our October reservation at AKL doesn't happen, I was thinking I could pass them on to someone else if they were 'floating' so to speak.
    My question is:
    Does this mean that we'll be considered non ticketed so ineligible for Park entrance, dining and ride reservations?
    Should I link them now?
    Thanks in advance for any help :)
    You can link tickets to your MDE account and even after that (if unused) you can transfer them to another guest.

MIChessGuy

Proud, But Not a Redhead
    A ticket begins to expire once it has begun being used.
    It only "lasts" for a few days before any remaining (even unused) days expire.

A 6-Day Base or Hopper Ticket is valid for 6 days within 9 days beginning on the start date (within 10 days with PH Plus.)

There hasn't been anything I've seen that indicates multi day tickets are treated like non-expiring tickets. Tickets would still have a "clock" attached to them with a limited use period once you enter the park for the first time. if you have 6 day park hoppers, they are valid for 9 days from the first day.

Ah, tough break for me. Thanks for the clarification.

discott71

Mouseketeer
    Hello...can someone answer the following for me please?

I purchased 10 day park hoppers from UT in February for our December trip (beginning December 27th). I have not linked them to my DVC reservation yet. Will we we be offered priority in the new reservation system? Does Disney know I have tickets for those dates even though I purchased via UT? Should I link my tickets? The tickets were so expensive for that time of year. I wonder if we will even be able to use the PH option.

TIA for any insight!

I purchased 10 day park hoppers from UT in February for our December trip (beginning December 27th). I have not linked them to my DVC reservation yet. Will we we be offered priority in the new reservation system? Does Disney know I have tickets for those dates even though I purchased via UT? Should I link my tickets? The tickets were so expensive for that time of year. I wonder if we will even be able to use the PH option.

TIA for any insight!
    Link them.

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran

TIA for any insight!
    Link them.
    I agree. Until you link them, Disney has no way of knowing that the guests named on your December reservation have tickets that are valid for those dates. I believe the computer will look for the combination of (resort reservation) plus (ticket valid for resort dates) when selecting guests who can reserve a park entry day.

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
    Can comp tickets be given to someone else if they’ve already been linked to MDE? I just don’t know if I am going to use them and I want to return them if my trip falls through. Thanks!

Robo

1. Can comp tickets be given to someone else if they’ve already been linked to MDE?
    2. I just don’t know if I am going to use them and I want to return them if my trip falls through. Thanks!
    1. As far as I know they can be transferred like any other new, unused ticket.
    Make sure the person to whom you want to transfer is in (or linked to) your MDX account.
    2. Disney does not need free comp tickets to be returned. The comps have no actual value to Disney and
    Disney can issue/reissue as many comps as they'd like with no "loss" if issued comps are never used.

Last edited:

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
    1. As far as I know they can be transferred like any other new, unused ticket.
    Make sure the person to whom you want to transfer is in (or linked to) your MDX account.
    2. Disney does not need free comp tickets to be returned. The comps have no actual value to Disney and
    Disney can issue/reissue as many comps as they'd like with no "loss" if issued comps are never used.
    Thanks. The comp tickets are coming from an employee. I’d want to give them back to her in case someone else could use them.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.