TICKETS + How to UPGRADE

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
If I do wind up getting these comp tickets, will I even be able to link them right now for my November reservation?

Robo

1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!
If I do wind up getting these comp tickets, will I even be able to link them right now for my November reservation?
There can be special rules right now, so I can't offer you a definite answer.

Raimiette

Mouseketeer
Quick question regarding the extended expiry dates for tickets. My tickets in MDE have been extended to September 26, 2021. Does anyone know if WDW has made an official statement about this?

My tickets are Canadian Promo tickets purchased last October and January for this September (with an original expiry to match). I would love to just rebook for September next year but I am concerned Disney will change the expiry back to 2020. I do know they carry they $ amount over after expiry but there are restrictions with this (can't book FP, can't buy tickets until you get there etc.) and I don't want to have to deal with that.

Just wondering if there's been a statement or news regarding the extension to September 2021,

• KrazeeK120

DIS Veteran
    We have an October 2020 trip planned that we are thinking of canceling and rebooking in October or November 2021. We purchased separate tickets through undercover with our October 2020 dates. Am I reading above post correctly and we will need to rebook for September 2021?
    You can rebook for whatever date you’d like. If you link your tickets in MDE, you should be able to change the date online.

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
    So I got my comp tickets which I am very grateful for. Our trip is planned for November but we haven't confirmed whether it will be to DLR or WDW. DLR is the first choice and that's where we have our flights booked. If I link these tickets to the DL app (if I even can), and we wind up changing our minds to WDW, can I switch them?

ldo

DIS Veteran
    I have 3 days of old used no-expire PH tickets linked to my account with a DVC reservation for Aug. I'd like to buy a 3 day MYW base ticket to "swap out" for going to 3 parks during a my one week stay. Will I be able to make a park reservation for 3 days based upon my valid PH tickets and then add/swap for newly purchased 3 day MYW single park ticket when I arrive but before entering the parks, setting priority with member services to use that new 3 day 1st? I'd really like to save my no-expire PH.

• allison k

I'm a lurker, not a poster!
    I currently have 6-Day Flexible date tickets for our planned trip of 8/3-8/12. Does anyone think it's possible that I can upgrade these to the DVC Gold AP's before park reservations open up? If so, who would I call?

I normally go through a whole cost analysis when planning for tickets, but this trip was a last minute decision and I booked my resort and bought my tix through UT last weekend, so I rushed. I soon realized my error when talking to my kids about which 2 parks would get 2 visits and there was no consensus between us! Total facepalm moment when I went back and did the math...

lanejudy

Will I be able to make a park reservation for 3 days based upon my valid PH tickets and then add/swap for newly purchased 3 day MYW single park ticket when I arrive but before entering the parks, setting priority with member services to use that new 3 day 1st?
    You should be able to make the park reservation based on having the old tickets in your MDE account. Whether or not you can buy a new 3-day ticket depends entirely on when ticket sales are re-opened.

starry_solo

DIS Veteran
    So I got my comp tickets which I am very grateful for. Our trip is planned for November but we haven't confirmed whether it will be to DLR or WDW. DLR is the first choice and that's where we have our flights booked. If I link these tickets to the DL app (if I even can), and we wind up changing our minds to WDW, can I switch them?
    This might depend on where you got the comp tickets from. A DLR cast member? A WDW cast member? A charity?

zemmer

Mouseketeer
    My daughter has a 4 day military salute ticket we’re planning to use in November. We’d like to change it to a 6 day salute. (My ticket is a 6 day. I was going to go solo for 2 days but decided to add her to my plans.) Does anyone know if guest services at Disney springs can do this? I’m worried if we don’t get it done before the park reservations start that she might be out of luck.
    ETA: I will be there in late June and Shades of Green (where I bought the tickets) isn’t open at that time.

• lanejudy

I do not believe anybody is selling tickets at this point. Your best bet, if ticket sales don’t resume sooner, is to ask at the time you are required to confirm your reservation. But i would hope ticket sales have resumed before then.

Last edited:

mfortis

Earned My Ears
    DVC Gold
    I do not believe anybody is selling tickeys at this point. Your best bet, if ticket sales don’t resume sooner, is to ask at the time you are required to confirm your reservation. But i would hope ticket sales have resumed before then.
    Yeah I tried looking around and could not find them anywhere. Well legit sites anyway. Did not try Craigslist. lol

mhowens

Let's go to Disney!
    I have a DVC stay July 17-19 and a 1 night stay 7/19-7/20 at CBR. I did not originally purchase tickets because I was waiting to see what was going to happen. The announcement was made on May 28th, I purchased 2 day non-hopper date specific tickets through UT on 5/29 and linked them to MDE. My tickets still show at expiration date of 07/20/20. From my understanding I thought these tickets would qualify for the extension until 2021. We are still going 07/17-07/20 but my concern is if we don't get a park reservation these tickets will expire. I have not received the email from Disney confirming our on-site reservation with tickets. The only emails I have received are the ones canceling our dining reservations. Anyone else in a similar situation or have any thoughts?

Robo

1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!
    We are still going 07/17-07/20 but my concern is if we don't get a park reservation these tickets will expire.
    That would not be an issue of "losing your money," even if (IF) they did expire.
    Even expired tickets retain their original "Disney value" at the time they were issued.

mhowens

Let's go to Disney!
    That would not be an issue of "losing your money," even if (IF) they did expire.
    Even expired tickets retain their original "Disney value" at the time they were issued.
    Thanks Robo! I would like to see them extended until 2021 but it is good to know they will retain their original Disney value if unused in July.

bgdude

Earning My Ears
    Good day to all. We just renewed our DVC Gold annual passes for the first time, I have each one already linked, (says renewal certificate), do we still need to visit will call or will our current passholder cards work?

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
    Good day to all. We just renewed our DVC Gold annual passes for the first time, I have each one already linked, (says renewal certificate), do we still need to visit will call or will our current passholder cards work?
    Everyone age 18 and older needs to visit GR to activate their renewal AP, bringing photo IDs showing same address as the DVC owner.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.