I believe the parks reservation system is similar to FP+ in that the reservation is not directly connected to any specific ticket as long as you have valid tickets in your account. If you buy the AP before canceling the UK 14-day tickets, you should be fine. The challenge being that APs are not available right now, and I don’t know if you have a time limit to cancel the UK tix. If you can wait it out, should be no problem.

I've been told by the Disney ticket people that deal with international sales that we can cancel them for a refund right up until the day they expire (26 Sept 2021), so, assuming APs go on sale again in the next couple of months, I should be fine to buy the AP and then get the 14 day tickets refunded.

It's also a relief that it sounds as if I won't lose my park reservations for April, as you say, assuming I link the APs prior to cancelling the existing tickets.

I was unsuccessful with a search here. Wondering whether anyone who had park tickets for early 2020 and bought tickets for the same or comparable time in 2021 (Easter week both years, for example) noticed a big price difference. Preparing mentally to buy 2020 Christmastime tickets!

I just added someone to my reservation for November. This person does not have a ticket media but will try to purchase tomorrow. She opened a new my Disney experience account and after linking with my plans she shows park passes for all of the days that we are going. Her park passes are for one person only and match the park passes that we scheduled for our party of three. Any ideas what this means?

I just added someone to my reservation for November. This person does not have a ticket media but will try to purchase tomorrow. She opened a new my Disney experience account and after linking with my plans she shows park passes for all of the days that we are going. Her park passes are for one person only and match the park passes that we scheduled for our party of three. Any ideas what this means?

she probably sees your reservations?

Thanks, we figured it out. She does see mine and only mi as she is only sharing with me. Had me a little confused.

I just read on Disney Parks blog that sales of 2020 tickets will continue today. Does anyone know approximately around which time of the day that's going to happen?

I don't know at what time tickets became available, but it's up now. Limited to up to 7-day tickets for 2020 (no 8, 9 or 10 day tickets). And these do have a use window (10 days for the 7-day ticket, shorter for fewer days) and will expire as usual. No extension to Sept. 2021. You can check park availability before purchasing tickets.

I was able to upgrade my September 2020 2-day tickets to 5-day tickets this morning with no problems! I've even made my park reservations easily, as well.
The number I called is 407-566-4985 and I selected option 5 since I already had tickets and just needed to modify.
I think option 2 was to purchase new tickets.
I am SO relieved! It was the last missing piece I needed to finish planning.😊

How exactly do you guys book your tickets? I have a hotel reservation, but I still only get Goofy saying "Sorry, tickets aren't available" on the website

I'm assuming it's just 2020 park tickets available as of today, no APs yet? Any talk on when they may be on sale again?

Tried a search and couldn't find anything definitive...

We bought 4-Park Magic Tickets -- that were linked to MDE -- for our cancelled June 2020 trip. In the app it shows an expiration of 9/26/2021. I know this is probably a stupid question... If we're unable to make a trip before the end of September 2021, are we out the value of these tickets?

Tried a search and couldn't find anything definitive...

We bought 4-Park Magic Tickets -- that were linked to MDE -- for our cancelled June 2020 trip. In the app it shows an expiration of 9/26/2021. I know this is probably a stupid question... If we're unable to make a trip before the end of September 2021, are we out the value of these tickets?

If the tickets are completely unused when 9/27/2021 comes around, you can use the value of those circa-2020 tickets towards the purchase of new tickets for a future date. It would require a phone call or an in-person visit to Guest Relations most likely.

If the tickets are completely unused when 9/27/2021 comes around, you can use the value of those circa-2020 tickets towards the purchase of new tickets for a future date. It would require a phone call or an in-person visit to Guest Relations most likely.

Thank you! Wasn't sure if there was something different about these particular tickets since they're the 4-park thingies. Glad the normal "unused ticket retain its value" applies. Phew. Appreciate your help. :)

Thank you! Wasn't sure if there was something different about these particular tickets since they're the 4-park thingies. Glad the normal "unused ticket retain its value" applies. Phew. Appreciate your help. :)

I'll be honest, I missed that specific point in your original post that they were the 4-Park Magic ones. My apologies! I think the overall rule still applies ("The amount paid for an unused, expired ticket may be applied towards the purchase of a new ticket at the current price so long as the new ticket purchase price is equal to or greater than the amount paid for the original ticket.") but @Robo would likely know more; I've not dealt with those particular tickets before.

I'll be honest, I missed that specific point in your original post that they were the 4-Park Magic ones. My apologies! I think the overall rule still applies ("The amount paid for an unused, expired ticket may be applied towards the purchase of a new ticket at the current price so long as the new ticket purchase price is equal to or greater than the amount paid for the original ticket.") but @Robo would likely know more; I've not dealt with those particular tickets before.
Yup.
The amount paid for an unused, expired ticket may be applied towards the purchase of a new ticket at the current price so long as the new ticket purchase price is equal to or greater than the amount paid for the original ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter