So I have 9 day hoppers for 7/31- 8/8/2020 . Are they allowing upgrade to season passes?
It's a safe bet that when Disney starts offering to sell new APs, you will be able to upgrade.
That can happen at any time... or not.
Outside of that, we'll have to see how things go.

Okay solved - I hope this might help anyone else.
I live in Germany, so I always got redirected to the European site.
I then tried to log in via a VPN connection - et voila, it all worked fine.

This relates to upgrading of the post-Covid park tickets to an annual pass. It's based on a conversation I had on 7/9 with "Ivan" at Disney. It may be helpful for people who do not have an AP and want to get one.

- If you buy a multi-day park ticket now and reserve your spots in the parks for your multi-day visit, you can upgrade to an annual pass at any time during your visit. This can happen even if you upgrade on day 3 of your 5-day visit, for example. The full value of your multi-day ticket will apply to the cost of the AP.

- According to Ivan, when you upgrade to the AP, your park reservations will transfer with you, even if you have reserved more than the three-day park reservation maximum normally allowed per AP (where you are not staying on site).

So in our case, we purchased a 4-day ticket and reserved 4 days in the parks. When we arrive at WDW we can upgrade to an AP and all four of our park reservations will follow along with the upgrade.

- In addition, if you buy and AP now but don't activate (because you're not yet at the parks) you can still reserve your park days, though if you're not staying on property you can only reserve 3 days at a time.

Ivan noted that this was his understanding based on the best information he has at this time.

This means that if you want to get an AP but plan a trip of more than 3 days for your next visit, it makes more sense to buy individual park tickets now, reserve your parks for your entire visit, then upgrade to the AP when you arrive.

My trip is Nov 28th - Dec 10th 2020. I also have hotel reservations (via DVC rental) that are linked to my MDE account. Still, I only get Goofy and "no tickets available".

I live in Germany and just realized that I always get redirected to https://www.disneyworld.eu/plan/ within my MDE account.
Try deleting all the cookies./history from your web browser. This happened to me about a year ago and that's how i fixed it.

I've got a 9 day trip coming up, and 7-day PH Plus tickets (the PH Plus I will probably get refunded since hopping and possibly water parks won't be back by early Sept).
I had wanted to add a day or two to these tickets to make up for the lack of hopping/water parks, but 2020 tickets are now capped at a length of 7 days.

There is a Wednesday in the middle of my trip that we have not booked park reservations for. (We booked 4 days prior and 3 days after).

If I bought single day tickets for that Wednesday (thankfully, the cheapest day of the week according to their price calendar), we should theoretically be able to make park reservations for that Wednesday then.

My assumption though is that after entering a park on Tuesday/before entering Wednesday, I'd have to stop by GR or a ticket booth to make sure they set the priority on our MDE accounts to use the single-day tickets on Wednesday instead of consuming a day off our 7 day PHPs. Does that sound about right?

Have I misses a thread on comp tickets? I have some from volunteering, will I be able to use them? They expire in February 2021 and I am planning a trip in January?

Have I misses a thread on comp tickets? I have some from volunteering, will I be able to use them? They expire in February 2021 and I am planning a trip in January?

Maybe not exactly the same kind of comp tickets, but one of our daughters has some CM comp tickets that expire at the end of December. She assigned two of them to me and I was able to use them to make park reservations for two days in December.

My assumption though is that after entering a park on Tuesday/before entering Wednesday, I'd have to stop by GR or a ticket booth to make sure they set the priority on our MDE accounts to use the single-day tickets on Wednesday instead of consuming a day off our 7 day PHPs. Does that sound about right?
That would be fine.
However, I don't think it would matter which ticket was "used" on that Wed, as any of your remaining ticket days would still be valid for use through the end of that trip.

As a 7-Day base ticket will be valid for any 7 days within 10 days, beginning on the start date of that ticket.

Last edited:
Hi, I’m wanting to buy tickets for my 2021 trip through UT but wanted to confirm 2 things.
1. if I need to change my dates, can I do that with UT/Disney?
2. I’m not going to get PH, but will add it if/when they bring back hopping. Do I need to wait until arrive to add PH to the tickets or before my trip?
Thanks!!

Hi, I’m wanting to buy tickets for my 2021 trip through UT but wanted to confirm 2 things.
1. if I need to change my dates, can I do that with UT/Disney?
2. I’m not going to get PH, but will add it if/when they bring back hopping. Do I need to wait until arrive to add PH to the tickets or before my trip?
Thanks!!
1. Under "normal" conditions, yes.
2. We don't know, yet. Things like that can change.

This has probably already been posted but going to ask again because I can’t find an answer. If I have a four park magic ticket that expires 0n 9/26/2021 do I have to use all 4 park tickets in one week /10 days or can I know spread them out over two trips? Like go to MK and AK over thanksgiving and HS and Epcot last week in December?

It has been expected the extended tickets can be used on multiple visits. I guess we should find out for certain now that the parks are open to the public. Are you able to make park reservations for both time periods?

This has probably been mentioned, but I can't find it. We have 10 day PH and we arrive 7/20. How do we get the PH part refunded? Do we go to Guest Relations? Also, if we can in fact use the tickets over 2 trips, and our next trip is next May, maybe we should not get it refunded in case PH is back. any advice?

This has probably been mentioned, but I can't find it. We have 10 day PH and we arrive 7/20. How do we get the PH part refunded?
1. Do we go to Guest Relations?
Also, if we can in fact use the tickets over 2 trips, and our next trip is next May,
2. maybe we should not get it refunded in case PH is back.
3. any advice?
1. Yes. Or, the Disney Springs Ticket Center.
2. Yup. I'd not drop the Hopper during the first trip.
3. Wait until the final trip to see if you will be able to Hop on that one.

Okay I am in tears because no one at Disney can help me.

I am unable to reassign tickets. Customer service has not helped. I don't know what to do at this point.

Okay I am in tears because no one at Disney can help me.

I am unable to reassign tickets. Customer service has not helped. I don't know what to do at this point.
Can you be a little clearer about what you've tried already? Why was CS unable to help? Are these regular tickets or is there something unusual about them that might be causing a problem? Is it a problem with MDE, and you need to speak to someone in IT rather than CS?

I'm not an expert, but maybe if you gave a bit more information about the problem, someone here can point you in the right direction.

Can you be a little clearer about what you've tried already? Why was CS unable to help? Are these regular tickets or is there something unusual about them that might be causing a problem? Is it a problem with MDE, and you need to speak to someone in IT rather than CS?

I'm not an expert, but maybe if you gave a bit more information about the problem, someone here can point you in the right direction.

Sorry. I am just trying to reassign tickets and the "reassign ticket" button is completely gone in MDE.

I spoke to someone on the chat who told me that the person whose ticket it was had to be the one to reassign it, which I know isn't true, because I have re-assigned my parents tickets before. And also this particular ticket is a child's ticket, so they are obviously not going to have an account. Also, I tried re-assigning my own unused tickets, and it wouldn't let me.

Secondly, they told me that tickets could only be re-assigned once, not multiple times....again this isn't true, because I have re-assigned tickets multiple times before. But, on top of that, the ticket I am looking to re-assign has never been re-assigned so that isn't the issue.

Sorry. I am just trying to reassign tickets and the "reassign ticket" button is completely gone in MDE.

1. I spoke to someone on the chat who told me that the person whose ticket it was had to be the one to reassign it,
2. which I know isn't true, because I have re-assigned my parents tickets before.
3. And also this particular ticket is a child's ticket, so they are obviously not going to have an account.
Also, I tried re-assigning my own unused tickets, and it wouldn't let me.

4. Secondly, they told me that tickets could only be re-assigned once, not multiple times...
5. the ticket I am looking to re-assign has never been re-assigned so that isn't the issue.
1. Yes.
2. It is typical that the guest to whom the ticket is assigned needs to be the guest to makes the transfer.
(The person who is the "controller" of the MDX account in which is the ticket in question.)
3. They don't need their own separate account, they just need to be a member of someone's account.
4. Not the case.
5. Try the usual "fixes" of quitting MDX and shutting down your device, then re-opening.
If you're on the app, try the website.
And, overall, the MDX software is infamously GLITCHY... so, trying again at a later time and/or on another day may make things right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter