It depends on how you look at it. The first couple of days are regular price, but by days 4 and 5 it's really cheap per day FOR DAYS 4 AND 5. If you look at the total price and then divide that by the number of days to calculate the price per day then yes, it doesn't go down much. The thought is they are trying to get you to keep you at Disney, not spend a couple of days at Disney then skip over to Universal. Universal does the same thing BTW.

Hi everyone, I need help with 6 day PH Plus tickets that my daughter bought from UT for her family of 4 for a trip to Disney World the week of 7/26/20. what is the best way to get a refund for the PH Plus portion of the tickets since she can’t PH and water parks aren’t open?

Should she try to get it adjusted at guest services or the ticket center at Disney Springs?
That would be a good plan.

It depends on how you look at it. The first couple of days are regular price, but by days 4 and 5 it's really cheap per day FOR DAYS 4 AND 5...
See my previous post (#9412) above yours.

Last edited:

Wow! the 2 day ticket being more expensive is fascinating. The pricing being date based now adds another layer of complexity

I looked for some of "the cheapest start-dates," and I found some in Sept. 2021:

(Sept. 1, 2021 Start date)
Add 6.5% Tax to all prices shown:

1-day Base $109.00
2-day Base $228.89 -2nd day =$119.89 (!) Cheaper to buy 2 separate 1-day Base
3-day Base $335.07 -3rd day =$106.18
4-day Base $415.34 -4th day =$80.27
5-day Base $441.90 -5th day= $26.56
6-day Base $454.75 -6th day =$12.85
7-day Base $472.18 -7th day =$17.43
8-day Base $502.10 -8th day =$29.92
9-day Base $512.66 -9th day =$10.56
10-day Base $522.13 -10th day =$9.47

Hi everyone, I need help with 6 day PH Plus tickets that my daughter bought from UT for her family of 4 for a trip to Disney World the week of 7/26/20. what is the best way to get a refund for the PH Plus portion of the tickets since she can’t PH and water parks aren’t open? Should she try to get it adjusted at guest services or the ticket center at Disney Springs? I have called and written Disney and UT many times and get different responses every time! Thanks very much for your help!

mom pretty sure UT has to issue the refund since they were purchased through them. We quickly and easily got our Halloween party refund from them. (Although that was different because we had to send a photo of the tickets cut in half and you can’t do that with those tickets)

Can passholders currently get discounted tickets for friends/relatives? If so, does the passholder have to be with the relatives in order for them to use the tickets?

My brother and his family are thinking about visiting (we live fairly nearby). I have Florida resident 4-day tickets and my Mom has an AP. My Mom is in a risky age group so would not be going to the parks, but she'd like to save my brother some money if she can.

Can passholders currently get discounted tickets for friends/relatives? If so, does the passholder have to be with the relatives in order for them to use the tickets?

My brother and his family are thinking about visiting (we live fairly nearby). I have Florida resident 4-day tickets and my Mom has an AP. My Mom is in a risky age group so would not be going to the parks, but she'd like to save my brother some money if she can.

I have an AP and I don't think I've ever been able to get discounted tickets for my family.

Update:

Spoke to someone again, and they said that because of the age of the tickets, they couldn't quote me an add-on over the phone and gave me an email address that I needed to go through. There is a QR code on the back, so I cannot imagine it is THAT old, but...alas, I will do what they say.

So...we shall see how it goes.

I have an AP and I don't think I've ever been able to get discounted tickets for my family.

Thanks. I felt like I remembered getting some kind of deal for family a year or two ago with my AP (we took a break this year and did Universal instead--turned out to be a good year to take a Disney AP break!) but that may have been for Halloween or Christmas parties.

For anyone with a Common Access Card (CAC), here's an update on WDW ticket sales thru military ticket offices: They are selling 2 types of tickets currently- 1. Military Promotional tickets for ages 3+ 4-day, 5-day or 6-day with park hoppers for qualified personnel (active duty, reservists, National Guard, retired, Foreign Military, cadets, NOAA & USPHS). Military sponsor must be present at the park. Purchase by Dec 18, 2020, use by Sept 26, 2021. 2. Magic Your Way base tickets 1-day to 7-day (max) for above listed plus DOD civilians. These are regular park admissions to be used by anyone & expiration timer only starts once ticket is used at the gate (per my local ITT ticket office) but info from Shades of Green state that these MYW tickets expire Dec 31, 2030. My local ITT office special orders the MYW tickets which can take 20+ business days.

When covid closures began in March, ITT ticket offices closed & all ticket sales of any type were stopped. Ticket offices reopened locally last week Monday but were not selling WDW tickets of any type & all last week I was told to purchase my WDW tickets elsewhere because they were probably not selling WDW tickets until 2021. They also suggested I could contact Shades of Green since they are in Orlando & might be selling tickets while they were not able to. Last week Shades of Green send me an email stating all WDW ticket sales were suspended but on Friday, I got an email stating they would be able to sell me MYW tickets & send them via Fed Ex. On Monday I was just about to place my order when I decided to call my local ITT office & they told me they were just given the go-ahead to sell WDW promotional (which I think replaces the Military Salute tickets) & MYW tickets.

Today I was able to purchase my 7-day base tickets for my March 2021 trip & instead of waiting for a special order, they had the exact tickets that I needed in stock (unprecedented). I haven't tried adding them to MDE yet & booking my park reservations, but I just thought I'd share my experience.

Thanks to everyone, especially @Robo for their advice. I was told to wait & while it was painful & stressful to wait while everyone else seemed to be making park reservations, it saved me a lot of $$, so yay!

Hi--I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I can't find it. We bought 9 day park hopper plus tickets for what was to be our trip back in March. That was cancelled. We are going in December. It is doubtful that hopping will be allowed by that time. I know they are allowing people to downgrade their hoppers to base tickets. What are they doing if your tickets were purchased at Sam's Club? Thanks!

Hi--I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I can't find it. We bought 9 day park hopper plus tickets for what was to be our trip back in March. That was cancelled. We are going in December. It is doubtful that hopping will be allowed by that time. I know they are allowing people to downgrade their hoppers to base tickets. What are they doing if your tickets were purchased at Sam's Club? Thanks!
Factoring how UPgrading discounter’s tickets work (that it can be done at ticket booths and Guest Relations while at WDW,) it just makes sense that you could DOWNgrade tickets while at WDW.
That said, we don’t actually know much of anything, as things change and there is much misinfo provided by some CMs.

Last edited:
Just wanted to share some information from my cousin who is down at WDW this week. They had tickets from last March that they were not able to use, and they were extended to the September 2021 expiration dates. They were able to use three of the days this week, the remainder of the days are still available to them and they can use them on another trip. I know that when people called the tickets line they were told this could happen, but I just wanted to share someone with actual park experience.

So we're all set to arrive Monday 7/20-7/31, rescheduled from our May trip. 10 day tickets, split stay, all park reservations made. If park reservations are tied to # days of tickets, I'm thinking of cancelling the second portion onsite and renting a pool home. That way we'd have the best of both worlds. We want to stay at Pop to use the Skyliner, then have the pool house so we don't have to wear masks to breakfast/pool etc.not to mention cheaper for a whole house. My question is if I cancel that second reservation, it shouldn't change my park reservations should it? I'd still have my 10 day tickets and the jury is still out on how we'll fare in the heat with masks. Although, I did buy the neck fans for the trip and hope for the best.
I'm not trying to circumvent any rules. And I won't if this is somehow a problem, but this would be the best of both worlds for us.

Hi all! Quick AP question - specifically FL Resident Silver (monthly payment).

Our AP's got the automatic extension - originally expired 9/20, now 10/20. Here's the kicker: I just made a resort reservation starting on 11/2.

I couldn't make any park reservations, and obviously that's because the pass expires on 10/20. So my question is: is there a 30 day "grace period" to renew only, not that you can use the pass for an extra 30 days without renewing, am I correct in that assumption?

The chances are high that we'll renew, but didn't know if I could get just one more use out of it before we did.

TIA!

Our AP's got the automatic extension - originally expired 9/20, now 10/20. Here's the kicker: I just made a resort reservation starting on 11/2.

I couldn't make any park reservations, and obviously that's because the pass expires on 10/20. So my question is:
is there a 30 day "grace period" to renew...
Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter